C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF!!!Paid 5xxx for ADV1 Rims and WHAT I GOT IS THIS!! (LOADS OF PIC)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 M3
Im aware of what happened with 360, i was actually one of the first people to feel the disasters of their company. I did however receive the wheels. This thread isnt about 360 tho. And im very confident jordan will do right by the op. And if u or anyone thinks I'm writing this cause I'm a fan boy, think again. Yes i have gone through many sets of adv wheels, and had 360 wheels, but I was one of the first ppl to put them on blast when everything with 360 happened. But i believe in second chances and its been a great relationship from then on. SO all im saying is lets give them a chance to explain what happened before jumping to conclusion as the op has done instead of crucifying them cause of their past.

Originally Posted by jrcart
Tell that to one of my best friends that 360 still never delivered on and took thousands of dollars in up front deposit money from. He is not the only one, there are guys on the Vette forums and BMW forums that got duped as well. unethical business practices and unethical business people do not change just because the sign over the door changes.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by M Thrizzle
Im aware of what happened with 360, i was actually one of the first people to feel the disasters of their company. I did however receive the wheels. This thread isnt about 360 tho. And im very confident jordan will do right by the op. And if u or anyone thinks I'm writing this cause I'm a fan boy, think again. Yes i have gone through many sets of adv wheels, and had 360 wheels, but I was one of the first ppl to put them on blast when everything with 360 happened. But i believe in second chances and its been a great relationship from then on. SO all im saying is lets give them a chance to explain what happened before jumping to conclusion as the op has done instead of crucifying them cause of their past.
Well, at least you eventually got your wheels from 360, there were a few people that jsut gave up after being strung along for a year. Consider yourself lucky. I buy a lot of custom wheels, fortunately there are enough good companies out there that I do not have to deal with unscrupulous ones.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by M Thrizzle
Yep I agree. I'd be very interested to hear their response today. They took care of me (took a while) so i'm sure they will do the same for RS5 too. It just sucks to see that so a couple of adv1 problem threads have popped up in a sort period of time. So it gives a bad perspective to everyone
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Just curious, but was your wheel dealer the ones that installed the wheels for you? Shouldn't they have caught this before releasing the vehicle to you? Or was this a non local purchase and the wheels were shipped to you?

I have no doubt that they will correct this issue for you. How is the brake clearance on the rears? Wondering if they flipped the centers... ie front face on rear and rear face on front...
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
Confirmed that ADV1 just spoke with Richard. I will let Richard give an update.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 03-26-2013, 12:55 PM
RS5

RS5, Panamera 4S, 997 Turbo
Updates!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
c'mon dont leave us hanging here
Old 03-26-2013, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Glad to hear they are taking immediate action. Good luck!

Fung63 he updated in OP
Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Rich, I'm glad they are taking care of u ASAP! Now go get some HRE for ur Aventador. Lol
Old 03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
lol adv1
Old 03-26-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS550 AMG Pkg.
sorry to hear $5,XXX gets you wheels that dont even fit properly. Hope everything gets sorted out, I know how frustrating this must be.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:02 PM

Huracan STO
Why was a thread made like this before contacting ADV.1? This is the dumbest **** I have ever seen. Bad mouthing them and you didn't even let them have a chance to correct the problem... Everyone makes mistakes.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by tomespo
Why was a thread made like this before contacting ADV.1? This is the dumbest **** I have ever seen. Bad mouthing them and you didn't even let them have a chance to correct the problem... Everyone makes mistakes.
+1

But I can also relate to the OP...if I was in his shoes I would have reached out to anyone and everyone that could help me resolve the situation as quickly as possible. I would have gone into panic mode

Last edited by AMGTTV8; 03-26-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe

Totally agree. And count how many jumped on this with only one side of the story. Geeze. Less than a day and ADV.1 got crucified.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 PM
RS5

Originally Posted by WWMIndy
+1

But I can also relate to the OP...if I was in his shoes I would have reached out to anyone and everyone that could help me resolve the situation as quickly as possible. I would have gone into panic mode
Yeah I have also apologize my emotional response, but thanks for understanding mann....
Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't think it's the dumbest post.. I actually don't blame u Rich for starting this thread, I would be totally pissed too. If I ordered American Eagle or Fast wheels, I would not care as much.. But we are talking about high end wheels.. So we cannot say u get what u paid for.

In addition, u should not need to apologize.. They should! Just my opinion.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 PM

2 reasons:

1. Personal expression - he wants to discuss his personal frustrations that everyone here would sympathize with. I certainly can understand being royally pissed if my wheels I paid a boatload of money for didn't fit after waiting for weeks to have them done.

2. Comunity awareness - Because they made an obvious mistake pure and simple. I would want to know if a company messes up custom wheels I paid 5k+ for. Many people get on forums to post complaints about rattles an d stuff going wrong with their cars in the first few months of ownership - should they have just shut up and said nothing? That would hinder the purpose of this community. We share info to help each other make the best decisions possible.

Now, if his problem was not clearly a mistake by ADV.1 - say he ordered 21's and he bent the rim, well you are right - that's a silly thing to post. But the fault was obvious here.

Why crucify consumers on this board and support a company by the way? They are out there to make a buck, we are here share a common bond and save a buck or two in the process if possible.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by jrcart
ADV1 hoses another customer.....when are people going to learn???

Do yourself a favor and do a Google query on 360 Forged and 360 Forged ADV1 and let me know what you find out. ADV1 used to be called 360 Forged until they hosed so many people that had to change their name.

Wheels look terrible, hope they make things right but based on their past track record higly doubtful.
Havent posted in like a year - but when I read this had to chime in. ADV is a joke - back when it was 360 and Jordan was also running it, ordered Mesh 8's only to find they were having financial troubles. Called to ask about my wheels and was promised everything was fine and my wheels would be delivered. Then 3 weeks later they go bankrupt and cant contact any of them. Luckily I went through a vendor and was out no money. When they re-appeared as ADV1 I vowed to never buy those rims. Nothing ever changes as my neighbor with ADV's on his X5M said they pretty much built his wheels how "they" wanted and not to his spec.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^ yeah, I spent numerous amount of time trying to help OP to get the best offset possible (we became good friend from this which is a good thing).. So when he emailed me the pics, I was shocked. Lol

I guess they were not custom built offset.

Again, as long as OP gets the right wheels in a short time, it's all that matters.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by NCBob
Totally agree. And count how many jumped on this with only one side of the story. Geeze. Less than a day and ADV.1 got crucified.
I wonder why
Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
I'm sure some of you browse M3 post (or at least that's where i think i saw the thread) where they absolutely lit ADV1 on fire. It was VERY lengthy about how their wheels weren't certified or something like that. But I won't lie, their wheels are nice.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
Just then name is banned on 6-speed. I really like that forum.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 PM
RS5

Originally Posted by Roswell
I don't think it's the dumbest post.. I actually don't blame u Rich for starting this thread, I would be totally pissed too. If I ordered American Eagle or Fast wheels, I would not care as much.. But we are talking about high end wheels.. So we cannot say u get what u paid for.

In addition, u should not need to apologize.. They should! Just my opinion.
Thanks for your support Ming, as you have mentioned, we have discussed a lot of times and you gave me all the advise about the offsets and tires and I really appreciated for your help....sth shocking happen today as well....since I just put on my adv10 for my rs5, and I went to the shop since theres some vibration in high speed...and found out three of my wheels are bent....I understand the roads might be pretty ****ty up in New York, but I have had forged Rotiform, HRE wheels in 20" with no problems.....

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
2 reasons:

1. Personal expression - he wants to discuss his personal frustrations that everyone here would sympathize with. I certainly can understand being royally pissed if my wheels I paid a boatload of money for didn't fit after waiting for weeks to have them done.

2. Comunity awareness - Because they made an obvious mistake pure and simple. I would want to know if a company messes up custom wheels I paid 5k+ for. Many people get on forums to post complaints about rattles an d stuff going wrong with their cars in the first few months of ownership - should they have just shut up and said nothing? That would hinder the purpose of this community. We share info to help each other make the best decisions possible.

Now, if his problem was not clearly a mistake by ADV.1 - say he ordered 21's and he bent the rim, well you are right - that's a silly thing to post. But the fault was obvious here.

Why crucify consumers on this board and support a company by the way? They are out there to make a buck, we are here share a common bond and save a buck or two in the process if possible.
Thanks for backing me up! I believe this is a problem that every owner should know before ordering their rims or even putting them on, I admit they do really make reali nice looking wheels but I am kinda doubtful about the quality somehow after reading the threads from the m3post and 6speed....
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by RS5
Thanks for your support Ming, as you have mentioned, we have discussed a lot of times and you gave me all the advise about the offsets and tires and I really appreciated for your help....sth shocking happen today as well....since I just put on my adv10 for my rs5, and I went to the shop since theres some vibration in high speed...and found out three of my wheels are bent....I understand the roads might be pretty ****ty up in New York, but I have had forged Rotiform, HRE wheels in 20" with no problems.....

Thanks for backing me up! I believe this is a problem that every owner should know before ordering their rims or even putting them on, I admit they do really make reali nice looking wheels but I am kinda doubtful about the quality somehow after reading the threads from the m3post and 6speed....

bent!? that sucks!! I am going to NY this weekend for the auto show and AMG meet hopefully I dont bend my wheel!! one thing I dont like about running >35 series tires LOL
Old 03-26-2013, 11:57 PM

2008 M3
No updates yet op?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTF!!!Paid 5xxx for ADV1 Rims and WHAT I GOT IS THIS!! (LOADS OF PIC)