Sponsored by:

MHP question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Received 521 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
The thread has been reopened at the request of members. Please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks. If you have pertinent information on this subject, we welcome your comments.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Rock
The thread has been reopened at the request of members. Please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks. If you have pertinent information on this subject, we welcome your comments.
Why was it closed in the first place, I haven't seen any members personally attacking other members
Old 04-12-2013, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Can't someone file an injunction or a cease and desist order?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by AutoTech Racing
I feel that my involvement in this thread has come to a point where I feel our interests are better served to walk away knowing that Google is our friend when making a high end purchase.

I really do not see how this can stay a Civil thread with the emotion and loss associated with doing business in such ways, so I will ask the mods once again to lock the thread and let it fade away, just as the monies that were wasted.
you have said it many times already that you want to contribute to the community so you can gain some street cred. this thread imo is it. sure the one lap thread is nice but this thread will save current and future members alot of potential grief and money.

why go locking this thread so it sinks to the bottom of the forums. you yourself didnt know mhp's past before this thread. shows that someone like you who thinks he just got shafted still didnt research the forums. No, you should let this thread live on so more members can share their stories.

btw, Rock, thanks for listening to members here and keeping it going. Because of warning threads like this, I am lucky to have avoided MHP.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Why was it closed in the first place, I haven't seen any members personally attacking other members
I agree, why was it closed in the first place... everything is civil & informative so far.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by Roswell
I agree, why was it closed in the first place... everything is civil & informative so far.
because OP asked to close it
Old 04-13-2013, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I have nothing but positive experience with Andy sorry that some of you have had problems. So did op recieve everything? And all is installed on the car for the race?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Here is something to ponder. The other night when I linked this thrad on the PL where Andy was posting he denied this customer even existed, he said it was just another one of his competitors flaming him. If Andy did not know who this customer was and this is all a lie how did Andy and Andy's attorney get a letter to the OP???

Come on Andy, how do you serve papers to a person that does not exist? Andy had a letter sent to OP in a matter of hours, he had to already know who this was. What type of vendor threatens a legit customer with legal action? Make up your mind Andy, the OP either exists or does not exist, you can't have it both ways. Just another piece in Andy's house of cards.

OP, have you recieved headers yet?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
I also find it interesting that, on that thread, he confirms that the SLS GT TCU & Transmission are "exactly the same" as the standard SLS....directly in response to people questioning if he is assuming something, or actually stating a fact.

Meanwhile, in another post, he says he "thinks, correct me if I'm wrong" the GT has wider tires.

So you're telling me you have inspected every nook and cranny of 2 transmissions and 2 TCU's, yet you don't know the OEM tire size?

I have no dog in this fight. What I do know is human behavior, and as a consumer its clear you would have to be insane to run the risk of a transaction with this business. Nothing adds up. The facts are, some people have had a good experience. Many many many have not. 1 or 2 bad experiences is enough to keep me away, nevermind dozens.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG
Cool

Let me clear up a few things I know as facts...

I created this thread because my friend who actually owns the C63 I am driving in the OLOA was having continual problems getting the parts that he paid for almost a year ago. My friend has also been the subject of many deceptions and every time... these issues were at his expense. So my initial outreach to the community was to see in fact what was behind these repeated failures to deliver on a promise.

I did request the thread to be closed initially as I have seen how threads like this can take on a life of their own. And yes, I did fail to look up and search the forums because I wanted new info so I could make a determination if there were any issues currently affecting MHP as to why the parts for our car were being held up. All of such is and was very time sensitive since we have less than three weeks to the event start and at the time had not received the Cams, Buckets and Bolts that were paid for LONG ago. It was only after this thread began, did we acquire the cams but still no buckets or torque to yield bolts.

Andy's posting in the PL stating he didn't know this customer is an outright lie, because he was sending me emails, copying his attorney and the customer. AND... I have his texts over the last few days telling his customer that he was now "On your own" or "good luck getting your car tuned" and my favorite... "David (AutoTech Racing) is simply trying to piggyback his shop off our name. Your parts are OTW. Judging by his posts he needs metal help. He's a Photographer not a Tuner. Best of Luck, I can't say I'll miss you as a customer. You have no idea what you're doing listening to this guy and I promise you the car will not run. So best of luck and don't ask me for help tuning when the smooth talker can't deliver!"

So far we have the cams and that alone. We are taking the car to a Mercedes Dealership that is sponsoring the installation of the Cams. We will then take the car to a very well known and reputable Tuner who has tuned many of these cars and other very high performance exotics without ever any issues such as these. In fact the Tuner stated while in Kuwait was fixing many of the tunes Andy had sent that were giving problems to the customers there.

I think it bears reminding that AutoTech Racing is not a shop nor do we sell any parts. We are simply a team of two guys who raced a Mustang together 20+ years ago, won a lot of events and due to life getting in the way and our race car then being stolen in 1994, quit racing together. We went our separate ways and have had no communication until two weeks ago when we decided to partner up again to compete in the One Lap event under our original team name.

So Wish Us LUCK!!

Last edited by AutoTech Racing; 04-13-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
Best of luck man!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Gonna be a hell of a time to tune for new cams. I bet the factory spends months tuning those.

So you waited a year for the cams? What else are you waiting for? I assume you are putting in new lifters with the new cam?

Any other mods on the car?

A bunch of guys on here had problems with MHP, but on the other hand a bunch havent had any issues... I guess its a roll of the dice. I am no fan boy, I simply state what has worked for me. Ive done business with Renntech, OE, Weistec, MHP and others on here, never any problems with any of them.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Andy is saying u guys doesn't exist, but he send u text & lawyer threats? Too funny! Lol

In Asian culture, we believe in good merit.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Merc63
Gonna be a hell of a time to tune for new cams. I bet the factory spends months tuning those.

So you waited a year for the cams? What else are you waiting for? I assume you are putting in new lifters with the new cam?

Any other mods on the car?

A bunch of guys on here had problems with MHP, but on the other hand a bunch havent had any issues... I guess its a roll of the dice. I am no fan boy, I simply state what has worked for me. Ive done business with Renntech, OE, Weistec, MHP and others on here, never any problems with any of them.
Good point, only two tuners I know of can tune these things for cams.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:39 AM

2011 C63AMG P31
I never had a problem with Andy/MHP

Sorry to hear about your problem I hope you solve it

Abdullah
Old 04-13-2013, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Fung63
this is just Andy and his tricks. he hands out legal warning letters like condoms at frosh week.

if you are serious about getting justice. do what jrcart and others have said. rally the members that got shafted and make a legal case out of it. the sooner you guys step up, the sooner ppl like andy stop scamming others

btw, your thread was up a full day and mods havent closed it. this is a forum afterall... a place to share info be it good or bad
yep very true...

i think i got a letter from him when i posted comments and pics of the 2 different damaged ecus that he was claiming were the same ecu... i found it hilarious that i would get a letter to remove those pics which were actually posted by someone in the same thread on a public forum...

i can't believe i nearly fell into the web of andy and mhp just to get a hold of his headers... it's a good thing for me that when i was about to hand him the money for the headers, he told me he couldn't sell it to me because he didn't trust me and my tuner... so i couldn't have them without signing an NDA... dafuq?!?... we sent emails back and forth for a couple of weeks and i finally decided to go with mhp and he waits till the last minute to tell me he would rather lose the sale than take the risk and sell to me... and i've never heard of anyone having to sign anything for a freaking car part...

i hope someone starts a new thread when they find out that his business has gone under...
Old 04-13-2013, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Let me clear up a few things I know as facts...

I created this thread because my friend who actually owns the C63 I am driving in the OLOA was having continual problems getting the parts that he paid for almost a year ago. My friend has also been the subject of many deceptions and every time... these issues were at his expense. So my initial outreach to the community was to see in fact what was behind these repeated failures to deliver on a promise.

I did request the thread to be closed initially as I have seen how threads like this can take on a life of their own. And yes, I did fail to look up and search the forums because I wanted new info so I could make a determination if there were any issues currently affecting MHP as to why the parts for our car were being held up. All of such is and was very time sensitive since we have less than three weeks to the event start and at the time had not received the Cams, Buckets and Bolts that were paid for LONG ago. It was only after this thread began, did we acquire the cams but still no buckets or torque to yield bolts.

Andy's posting in the PL stating he didn't know this customer is an outright lie, because he was sending me emails, copying his attorney and the customer. AND... I have his texts over the last few days telling his customer that he was now "On your own" or "good luck getting your car tuned" and my favorite... "David (AutoTech Racing) is simply trying to piggyback his shop off our name. Your parts are OTW. Judging by his posts he needs metal help. He's a Photographer not a Tuner. Best of Luck, I can't say I'll miss you as a customer. You have no idea what you're doing listening to this guy and I promise you the car will not run. So best of luck and don't ask me for help tuning when the smooth talker can't deliver!"

So far we have the cams and that alone. We are taking the car to a Mercedes Dealership that is sponsoring the installation of the Cams. We will then take the car to a very well known and reputable Tuner who has tuned many of these cars and other very high performance exotics without ever any issues such as these. In fact the Tuner stated while in Kuwait was fixing many of the tunes Andy had sent that were giving problems to the customers there.

I think it bears reminding that AutoTech Racing is not a shop nor do we sell any parts. We are simply a team of two guys who raced a Mustang together 20+ years ago, won a lot of events and due to life getting in the way and our race car then being stolen in 1994, quit racing together. We went our separate ways and have had no communication until two weeks ago when we decided to partner up again to compete in the One Lap event under our original team name.

So Wish Us LUCK!!

Ok
Old 04-13-2013, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ShellURT
As a MHP customer and personal friend of Andy for 8 years I find this thread to be both saddening and well saddening.

My business experience stems from my own 2007 E63 tune and nitrous'd by MHP, my 2011 SLS tuned by MHP, and my 2012 E63 biturbo with tune and exhaust from MHP. All run like bats out of hell with zero issues.

On a personal level I can comment unlike most on the forum that have neither met nor even spoken with Andy that he is as stand up a guy as exists on this planet. Anytime I call or text and need something its done. No need for a followup call.

As far as some of the outlandish comments on this forum, jrcart if I may ask why havent you legally gone after Andy for whatever money you claim he owes you? The side of the story I've heard directly is quite different from the one you present. As in Brad from evosport and wayne from powerchip both admitting to Andy years after that the entire ecu copy claim was a setup planned months in advance. But of course Andy nor anyone from MHP can post here so its a free for all for you. also to address your claim about Andy not knowing who the customer was in this thread Andy reiterated to me today this am in fact that they have never done business with auto tech which auto tech seems to have agreed to. the mutual customer was realized in the private lounge thread which you either missed or didn't care to read. now the cam buckets and cam bolts are in shipment which was an oversight on the part of MHP and andy and he owned up to it.
Unlike many of you i have seen MHPs bender and it is not in 1 piece presently this has caused delays in present orders and causes them to lose funds every day it doesnt operate. this makes sense to me as I own a photographic technologies company that relies heavily on machinery, if its not working we arent making money.

Im doing my best to keep this civil but that term seems relative with all the false claims and now posting of text messages which according to my attorney which is not MHPs attorney is in fact a "violation of a reasonable expectation of privacy" to use his terms. Add to it the fact that my old username "benzp_714" is no longer valid, although when I went to try and sign up on this forum again to post my experiences it said the name was already taken. When I did post about my car and my happiness with the mods that went into it my thread was mysteriously tagged with "problem" even though I posted no such thing quite the opposite exactly. So it seems one sided bias rules and people feel they can say anything because the other side cant post on this forum. So why not take it to another forum where they can respond?

To me the reason this thread was posted is very clear especially considering the magazine article recently posted, auto tech is trying to take credit for the mods on Mark Pflaum's car which are all MHP according to the receipt/invoice I saw this am. MHP headers, mids, catback, tune and now cams.

Now before anyone goes off about being a fan boy, I will post my email shellurtultimate@yahoo.com and while I wont respond to just any flamethrower if someone like jrcart wants to call me to verify my identity I will send back an email with my cell number provided he promises to not pass it on publicly. That is how ridiculous I think this thread is and that is how good of a friend and tuner Andy is and has been to me.
Blah, blah blah blah blah.......Funny thing is you own the same exact two cars, year make and model Andy claims he owns over on Private Lounge. We all know Andy does not own an SLS lol. I called it yesterday that somebody with a zero post count would come to Andy's defense and low and behold here you are.

I am not going to flame you, I promised I would not turn this thread into a crap fight and I am going to keep my word. You have just as much right to post your experiences with Andy/MHP as OP does to start this thread and other have to post about their negative experiences with Andy.

Mods, please keep an eye on this poster, I do not want this to get ugly so you are forced to close thread, that would play rigt into Andy's hand. Please, everyone else, keep it civil so this thread stays open....if I can keep it civil anyone can lol
Old 04-13-2013, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I made many of the same observations in ShellURT's posts, let's just keep itncivil so thread does not get locked, you and I both know that is exactly the card Andy is attempting to play at this point.

Last edited by Rock; 04-13-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Removed quote of banned member
Old 04-13-2013, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL @ ShellURT aka Andy.. Same pattern everytime MHP is in hot water. Lol
Old 04-13-2013, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by Fung63
this is going to get good

andy always does stuff like this. posting lies in other forums since he is banned here. however we might be graced with his presence if he creates an alt acct
Originally Posted by jrcart
Thanks, I have tried to keep it civil and will continue to do so, Andy is not worth getting banned over.

My prediction is this thread will stay civil until Andy opens up one of his alternative username accounts or has one of his flunkies do it for him and then all hell will break loose and civil conversation will be tossed out the window. That is one of his favorite tactics in trying to get a thread locked or deleted so mods please keep an eye open for any newbies or low post count users jumping into this thread. I have seen him do it hear and on other boards.

This is how Andy's play book reads. Andy usually firsts makes empty legal threats, throwing out words like Libel, Defemation and Slander and when that does not work because people are actually posting factual information rather than libelous information he then plays the fake username game. He creates a username with a great story, usually some customer that is 100% happy with MHP bcause MHP headers netted him the fastes, highest HP car on the planet. He then tries creating enough tension and anamosity with the fake username by lashing out at people posting in the threads and other tuners that the thread gets closed and goes away....Andy wins.

So guys, let's not get this thread locked or deleted, let's continue to keep it civil but feel free to share your experiences with Andy/MHP, good or bad let's hear what everyone has to say.
Originally Posted by ShellURT
As a MHP customer and personal friend of Andy for 8 years I find this thread to be both saddening and well saddening.

My business experience stems from my own 2007 E63 tune and nitrous'd by MHP, my 2011 SLS tuned by MHP, and my 2012 E63 biturbo with tune and exhaust from MHP. All run like bats out of hell with zero issues.

On a personal level I can comment unlike most on the forum that have neither met nor even spoken with Andy that he is as stand up a guy as exists on this planet. Anytime I call or text and need something its done. No need for a followup call.

As far as some of the outlandish comments on this forum, jrcart if I may ask why havent you legally gone after Andy for whatever money you claim he owes you? The side of the story I've heard directly is quite different from the one you present. As in Brad from evosport and wayne from powerchip both admitting to Andy years after that the entire ecu copy claim was a setup planned months in advance. But of course Andy nor anyone from MHP can post here so its a free for all for you. also to address your claim about Andy not knowing who the customer was in this thread Andy reiterated to me today this am in fact that they have never done business with auto tech which auto tech seems to have agreed to. the mutual customer was realized in the private lounge thread which you either missed or didn't care to read. now the cam buckets and cam bolts are in shipment which was an oversight on the part of MHP and andy and he owned up to it.
Unlike many of you i have seen MHPs bender and it is not in 1 piece presently this has caused delays in present orders and causes them to lose funds every day it doesnt operate. this makes sense to me as I own a photographic technologies company that relies heavily on machinery, if its not working we arent making money.

Im doing my best to keep this civil but that term seems relative with all the false claims and now posting of text messages which according to my attorney which is not MHPs attorney is in fact a "violation of a reasonable expectation of privacy" to use his terms. Add to it the fact that my old username "benzp_714" is no longer valid, although when I went to try and sign up on this forum again to post my experiences it said the name was already taken. When I did post about my car and my happiness with the mods that went into it my thread was mysteriously tagged with "problem" even though I posted no such thing quite the opposite exactly. So it seems one sided bias rules and people feel they can say anything because the other side cant post on this forum. So why not take it to another forum where they can respond?

To me the reason this thread was posted is very clear especially considering the magazine article recently posted, auto tech is trying to take credit for the mods on Mark Pflaum's car which are all MHP according to the receipt/invoice I saw this am. MHP headers, mids, catback, tune and now cams.

Now before anyone goes off about being a fan boy, I will post my email shellurtultimate@yahoo.com and while I wont respond to just any flamethrower if someone like jrcart wants to call me to verify my identity I will send back an email with my cell number provided he promises to not pass it on publicly. That is how ridiculous I think this thread is and that is how good of a friend and tuner Andy is and has been to me.

LOL
Old 04-13-2013, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jrcart
Thanks, I have tried to keep it civil and will continue to do so, Andy is not worth getting banned over.

My prediction is this thread will stay civil until Andy opens up one of his alternative username accounts or has one of his flunkies do it for him and then all hell will break loose and civil conversation will be tossed out the window. That is one of his favorite tactics in trying to get a thread locked or deleted so mods please keep an eye open for any newbies or low post count users jumping into this thread. I have seen him do it hear and on other boards.

This is how Andy's play book reads. Andy usually firsts makes empty legal threats, throwing out words like Libel, Defemation and Slander and when that does not work because people are actually posting factual information rather than libelous information he then plays the fake username game. He creates a username with a great story, usually some customer that is 100% happy with MHP bcause MHP headers netted him the fastes, highest HP car on the planet. He then tries creating enough tension and anamosity with the fake username by lashing out at people posting in the threads and other tuners that the thread gets closed and goes away....Andy wins.

So guys, let's not get this thread locked or deleted, let's continue to keep it civil but feel free to share your experiences with Andy/MHP, good or bad let's hear what everyone has to say.
Read my quoted post above, I called this yesterday lol. I called it EXACTLY how it is now playing out. Andy uses the same playbook time and time again. Andy, maybe you should try a new angle, you are too predictable.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG
Shell... If you want to call me, I will be more than happy to share my number as well.

I will accuse you of being his posterboy or fan. This thread is not about whether or not his products perform well. The headers for what they cost should have been ceramic coated was my statement and one which is valid.

This entire focus of mine is to get to the chase of why has it taken a year to get a product to a client that has supported Andy & MHP, time & time again. As our deadlines have truly come to a near closing to get this work done... we are running out of time to listen to more excuses. This is not bashing... this is an expectation of customer service when spending the kind of money that was given to Andy for a product he does not make in-house. It deserves a response like, "let me stop the World for you and get you what you need... Sorry for the inconvenience."

I find it truly remarkable that you posted almost verbatim the texts Andy sent to Mark stating that AutoTech is trying to take credit for his work. Mark installed his exhaust system he purchased from MHP... and saying we would take credit for that is almost as absurd as taking credit for building a car just because I put the gas in it. Andy sent a text to Mark, upset that he was not informed that we were running OLOA. As if he was going miss any marketing opportunity. Maybe you did not understand that the OWNER, Purchaser and Co-Driver of the car IS "AutoTech Racing"... just like every track day guy takes his car to a driving event and has a name for his team of friends that helps out.

I am very happy for you to have a positive experience. Maybe your expectations are different and your time-tables are being met satisfactorily. I applaud such and hope it continues. Many across many other areas have quite the opposite.

I hope this helps clear up any issues thinking we would even want association or credit to anything MHP has provided, complete or not.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Shell... If you want to call me, I will be more than happy to share my number as well.

I will accuse you of being his posterboy or fan. This thread is not about whether or not his products perform well. The headers for what they cost should have been ceramic coated was my statement and one which is valid.

This entire focus of mine is to get to the chase of why has it taken a year to get a product to a client that has supported Andy & MHP, time & time again. As our deadlines have truly come to a near closing to get this work done... we are running out of time to listen to more excuses. This is not bashing... this is an expectation of customer service when spending the kind of money that was given to Andy for a product he does not make in-house. It deserves a response like, "let me stop the World for you and get you what you need... Sorry for the inconvenience."

I find it truly remarkable that you posted almost verbatim the texts Andy sent to Mark stating that AutoTech is trying to take credit for his work. Mark installed his exhaust system he purchased from MHP... and saying we would take credit for that is almost as absurd as taking credit for building a car just because I put the gas in it. Andy sent a text to Mark, upset that he was not informed that we were running OLOA. As if he was going miss any marketing opportunity. Maybe you did not understand that the OWNER, Purchaser and Co-Driver of the car IS "AutoTech Racing"... just like every track day guy takes his car to a driving event and has a name for his team of friends that helps out.

I am very happy for you to have a positive experience. Maybe your expectations are different and your time-tables are being met satisfactorily. I applaud such and hope it continues. Many across many other areas have quite the opposite.

I hope this helps clear up any issues thinking we would even want association or credit to anything MHP has provided, complete or not.
Andy hates when people call his bluff lol....that's not in his playbook. Give hime a few hours to respond so he can figure out how he is going to handle you calling him out lol.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes

Your posts are very level headed and come across as mature and appropriate. Hope everyone else continues to follow suit so this stays up for people to come to their own conclusions.

Also, it's very, very, very apparent that you are not trying to take "credit" for anything by posting that article (how absurd, credit for what?), and the only reason someone would even propose something so ludicrous is to divert the audiences attention away from the topic at hand.

ShellURT, lets see you connect with the folks here, follow through on your offer. Jrcart and autotech I'm sure would be happy to discuss, but I won't put words in their mouths.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP question...