Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011+ euro spec mirror retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W204 C63 R171
What I did was leave the original wiring in the mirror, then I open up the old one opened the wiring looms and pulled out the 7 wire connector for the new motor. The proper loom is 4-5 inches longer then the pre face lift loom which is what's causing the problem for me and my OCD towards doing things 100% oem... I did wire everything up and test it and it works... only problem is to do it properly its going to cost alot I have invested nearly a year and 4 sets of mirrors into this... yeh I know tecknicker you guys are all in Toronto I am not and this problem is nothing I can't sort out by myself its just finding the proper supplies...

Did you route the wiring up and around the tab with the push pin holding it like they did at the factory on the mirror I bet you didn't that's why yours reach the module.

The new mirrors have a slightly different design which requires the 4-5 inches longer wire then the old ones.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
It's been a while since I did this so I don't really remember the tab with the push pin but I recall that I did it exactly like how it came and if I deviated I would surely have some recollection of it. Hope you can finally get the kinks worked out.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W204 C63 R171
Here are some pics encase anyone is curious what it looks like inside.

See the difference in wire length.

near my thumb there is a fastener that presses on that stud because the wires loop around this and then go out the weather stripping they need to be that much longer then the old design.