Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 Biturbo
Originally Posted by Blown63
Hey guys just saw this on youtube check it out

http://youtu.be/SEyKEh_qdRg

Great job to the guys at Weistec!

These guys are obviously not one trick ponys doing with the M156, M113 and now M157. Props!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Damn, off topic again.

Everyone needs to chill.

Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
You know its posisble to support one vendor and not talk badly about others the same time right? It's ok that you like weistec and we have literally no problem with them at all. Why all the hate???
Old 07-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
^This

Jim, this is a Weistec thread…... please keep it that way. We always appreciate your input and impressions regarding these new builds but we don't think it is necessary to continue to rail against AMS.

Thanks

Last edited by Rock; 07-03-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:33 PM

2011 C63AMG P31
Originally Posted by Rock
^This

Jim, this is a Weistec thread…... please keep it that way. We always appreciate your input and impressions regarding these new builds but we don't think it is necessary to continue rail against AMS.

Thanks
+63
Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
awesome car, great guys, hope to take a spin in it one day

farah is pretty useless, rather see johnny lieberman doing these, he isnt bad, and ofcourse the monkey chris harris.....damn good
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Can't wait to see these results
Old 07-03-2013, 01:18 AM
pfl

AMG, M
Love it... Fantastic results to the guys at Weistec. And I agree with ROCK's comment btw.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 AM

c63
jrcart, have you discussed the M177 development with the weistec guys at all? i know its early and everything but they must have it in their minds to some extent.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
As we have told you countless times the HP level we ran at the track was no the level that we dynoed at...quite a bit less as we have told you. I think we are into double digits now telling you this. If we are lying about our HP number then why is our 60-130 time so good?? With Vbox data to verify it.

Why are you so hung up on talking poorly about us every single chance you get. You know its posisble to support one vendor and not talk badly about others the same time right? It's ok that you like weistec and we have literally no problem with them at all. Why all the hate???

Eric
Buzz off bro...I am not talking badly about you I am posting real world results and real world observations sorry if they do not conform with the fictional novel you guys have been writing on these boards lately.

I stopped posting in your threads weeks ago out of fairness and respect but I am not going to stop posting FACTUAL INFORMATION because it does not conform to your claims.

This is a Weistec based thread so kindly see yourself out of it, it does not concern you.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rock
^This

Jim, this is a Weistec thread…... please keep it that way. We always appreciate your input and impressions regarding these new builds but we don't think it is necessary to continue to rail against AMS.

Thanks
Continue to rail????? I simply posted factual results and observations, and made a comparison when responding to another members post, when did that become "railing"? I have facts, time slips and videos from three events(of both my passes and their's) to back up my claims, they have excuses as long as my arm to back up their claims.

I kindly stopped posting in their thread out of respect to them as a sponsor/vendor to the site but now they here are popping up in a Weistec thread discussion.

Sorry guys but I have not broken any rules here, fair is fair.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You know its posisble to support one vendor and not talk badly about others the same time right? It's ok that you like weistec and we have literally no problem with them at all. Why all the hate???

Eric
I talk nice about lots of AMG tuners/vendors/shops other than Weistec. I constantly praise the guys at Eurocharged, ask them if I have ever said one bad word about them in the 5 plus years I have been on this site. I really have nothng bad to say about Renntech either. I say lots of good stuff about ACG even though I have never purchased a single item from them. Fluid Motor another great tuner/shop that I have never said a negative thing about. How about OE tuning? I do not think I have posted anything bad about them.

As a matter of fact you will find several posts on here and other forums of me praising you guys after your Alpha 10's and 12's GT-R's spanked me at the last couple of events I was at. Do you need me to go back and find those posts and link them here?

Last edited by jrcart; 07-03-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
JRcart, Just because you are not posting in our thread doesn't mean we do not have the right to defend ourselves. I came in here because you continued to post derogatory things about our company despite the fact that we have more than explained ourselves. Outside of yourself we have been very well received by this site and the MB Community as a whole as most people see us for who we are....an upstanding company with a very good reputation for making real, reliable power.

I will be happy to stay out of threads that focus on other vendors. However if you think I am going to stay out of them if you continue to act the way you do and slander our company then you are sorely mistaken.

I say again, just because you are supporting one vendor does not mean you need to slander or bash other vendors. Especially when that vendor has been nothing but understanding of your actions.

Regarding breaking rules. I tend to think you are in fact breaking rules under the site content heading: http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/terms/enthusiasts?site=MBWorld.org

Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:
Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortious language,

How about we agree to keep one another out of our conversations? Clearly you have no intention of ever being ok with our existence in this community and my ability to try and get you to see we are indeed an upstanding company is lacking.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 07-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
SL65 R230
AMS. You are welcome in this Forum! No question for me...

B
Old 07-03-2013, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by _timothy
jrcart, have you discussed the M177 development with the weistec guys at all? i know its early and everything but they must have it in their minds to some extent.
There is not much info out there yet on the M177. I am sure that Weistec will get their hands on one of the first ones and begin working their magic when the time comes. They have a couple new things in the works but I am not at liberty to discuss any of their R&D or new product development, as you know Weistec does not release anything until it has been thoroughly tested and proven on the street and at the track. One of my friends ordered an CLA45 and he is shipping that to Weistec as soon as he takes delivery of it so I know they will have their paws all over that platform. He is getting a very early build date so Weistec should be one of the first tuners to market with aftermarket parts/tune for that platform. Not to harp on the AMS topic but he lives less than 10 miles from AMS yet he is shipping his car 2000 miles to Weistec, what does that say?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

JRcart, Just because you are not posting in our thread doesn't mean we do not have the right to defend ourselves. I came in here because you continued to post derogatory things about our company despite the fact that we have more than explained ourselves. Outside of yourself we have been very well received by this site and the MB Community as a whole as most people see us for who we are....an upstanding company with a very good reputation for making real, reliable power.

I will be happy to stay out of threads that focus on other vendors. however if you think I am going to stay out of them if you continue to act the way you do and slander our company then you are sorely mistaken.

I say again, just because you are supporting one vendor does not mean you need to slander or bash other vendors. Especially when that vendor has been nothing but understanding of your actions.

Regarding breaking rules. I tend to think you are in fact breaking rules under the site content heading: http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/terms/enthusiasts?site=MBWorld.org

Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:
Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortious language,

How about we agree to keep one another out of our conversations? Clearly you have no intention of ever being ok with our existence in this community and my ability to try and get you to see we are indeed an upstanding company is lacking.

Eric
I have posted nothing libelous or defamatory. I posted observations I made while at an event you and I were both at and we both participated in, there are videos of both cars passes all over the internet and trap speeds posted on the event promotors web site. It was not until I questioned your trap speed being so low(relatively speaking) that you guys started with all the "limp mode" shut down early" and "running a lower hp tune" claims/excuses.

I am fine with your existance in this community, I love competition, if there was no competition we would all be driving cars that run 17 second quarter miles. I have praised your accomplishments in the GT-R market and stared in stunned amazement as on of your Alpha 12's pulled away from my CLK which traps in the high 180's in the 1/2 mile like I was standing still.

I simply made an observation and posed some logical questions as to why the Weistec E63 bi-turbo making 50 less whp than your E63 is claimed to be making spanked me and consistanly trapped 3-5 mph faster than me while your E trapped the exact same as me when I was running in the exact same state of tune as the event before. It was a logical question and yes, you answered my question but that does not mean I have to believe your entire answer becasue there were inconsistencies in some of your answers.

Last edited by jrcart; 07-03-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Where are these inconsistencies? Can you show me please? The nice thing about telling the truth all the time is you don't have to worry about being inconsistent.

Eric
Old 07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Where are these inconsistencies? Can you show me please? The nice thing about telling the truth all the time is you don't have to worry about being inconsistent.

Eric
you just don't give up do you.......

HERE ARE THE FACTS, LET'S SEE WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH

Inconsistency #1, you claimed in most of your passes you either shut down, braked before the finish line or went into limp mode. I have seen three videos(two of the same race) in which your E went through the finish line at WOT, no brake lights and no appearent limp mode. I saw two videos(different angles) from Saturday and a video from Sunday. According to the official results page of the event you only made two passes so in which pass did you shut down early, hit the brakes or go into limp mode?

Link to Official Event Results

http://www.wannagofast.com/events-june2013.php

Car Driver Martin M on day 1 he was car #99 on day 2 he was car #97, two passes.

Link to video of one of the passes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzz-...ature=youtu.be

anyone see brakelights, limp mode or early shut down?

If anyone needs me to go on a cut and paste frenzy I can paste their posts where he claimed to "shut down" limp mode" or "hit the brakes" in this thread, let me know.

Libelous? Defamatory?????? Show me where pal! I am sure you will find a way to weasle out of the FACTS I just posted.

Last edited by jrcart; 07-03-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
As we told you several times in a number threads the only time we got a full pass was when we were running less power. When we turned it up later that day and the following day (Sunday) the car was hitting an ECU limitation. If you notice on Sunday we only had one full run at 159 at that lower level again. You know better than anyone that we ran much more than once each day. Those two runs were the only full runs we got and both were at limited power because we were battling things. Every other run was aborted as we would hit that limiter. At that event the only way we got a clean pass was to do so at a lower power level... I would say low to mid 700 maybe on those two runs. Thankfully later in the day (Sunday) after the event was done we figured out what needed to be corrected in the ECU. That's what test days are for and at why we didn't (at that time) have this product for sale. Now that we have those areas worked out you will notice we DO have it for sale.

It's all there right in front of you. We have said this over and over again to you. You are choosing not to believe it but that is indeed the truth. We have nothing to hide and you will find with just a little bit of research into our company that we don't hide things, lie or release anything other than real HP numbers and results. I am sorry you continue to hold this deep seeded animosity towards our MB program but it's completely unjustified. I think you will find if you actually get to know us that you will really like our company and what we stand for.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 07-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ How about instead of battling it out on the keyboard why not do a comparison run to settle this once and for all?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
We have already told JR that the next time we both find ourselves at the track we would be more than happy to have a friendly race.

It is the fact that he continues to bring this topic up and say false things about our company that this dispute continues.

On another note my sincerest apologies to Weistec that this is happening in a thread about their accomplishments. Please understand I have much more important things to do with my time but to leave things of this nature uncontested only serves to hurt our company and further spread misinformation. We really do have nothing but respect for your company and wish this topic was put to bed entirely.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 07-03-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As we told you several times in a number threads the only time we got a full pass was when we were running less power. When we turned it up later that day and the following day (Sunday) the car was hitting an ECU limitation. If you notice on Sunday we only had one full run at 159 at that lower level again. You know better than anyone that we ran much more than once each day. Those two runs were the only full runs we got and both were at limited power because we were battling things. Every other run was aborted as we would hit that limiter. At that event the only way we got a clean pass was to do so at a lower power level... I would say low to mid 700 maybe on those two runs. Thankfully later in the day (Sunday) after the event was done we figured out what needed to be corrected in the ECU. That's what test days are for and at why we didn't (at that time) have this product for sale. Now that we have those areas worked out you will notice we DO have it for sale.

It's all there right in front of you. We have said this over and over again to you. You are choosing not to believe it but that is indeed the truth. We have nothing to hide and you will find with just a little bit of research into our company that we don't hide things, lie or release anything other than real HP numbers and results. I am sorry you continue to hold this deep seeded animosity towards our MB program but it's completely unjustified. I think you will find if you actually get to know us that you will really like our company and what we stand for.

Eric
....ah....so what you are really meaning to say is that the car can not run properly at the hp levels you are claiming and posting everywhere?......Now it's starting to make sense. Why couldn't we get to that a little earlier in our conversation? It would have saved us all a lot of typing and back and forth.

Have a great holiday weekend.

P.S. Oh how I wish you guys were running in the Michigan Mile this weekend. I will be sure to post my results.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
^^ How about instead of battling it out on the keyboard why not do a comparison run to settle this once and for all?
It will happen, their shop is 20 minutes from my house, we run at the same local tracks. If they want to commit to a date I will pay for a track rental at Byron and ship the Weistec E out here so they can run head to head and settle things once and for all. I don't think Weistec would be opposed to that.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by jrcart
Continue to rail????? I simply posted factual results and observations, and made a comparison when responding to another members post, when did that become "railing"? I have facts, time slips and videos from three events(of both my passes and their's) to back up my claims, they have excuses as long as my arm to back up their claims.

I kindly stopped posting in their thread out of respect to them as a sponsor/vendor to the site but now they here are popping up in a Weistec thread discussion.

Sorry guys but I have not broken any rules here, fair is fair.
Jim/Rich?

Yes you're railing by complaining strongly and persistently about AMS. I have seen at least a half dozen threads with you beating this dead horse. I don't know what your motivation is but AMS has answered all of your direct questions. If you are not satisfied with these answers, perhaps you should contact Eric or a member of AMS directly……. or just move on. If their "disputed" claims are not true, they will play out in time for all to see.

From what I've observed you are basing your opinion of AMS on one event where their tuned Mercedes did not live up to its billing…..seems a bit unfair especially considering their whole body of work.

Now please get back on topic.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec on YouTube