Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Read this if your iPod sound quality/volume is poor

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ff-beware.html

My iPod has always been low in volume and lacking in sound quality, especially compared to CD. CD is about twice as loud as iPod switching between the sources. I've tried three different Nano's and even with the volume at max they are all very attenuated. I was browsing the Activity Stream and found this thread...it's likely the source of my problem.

Last edited by bhamg; 07-22-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Wrong link page
Old 07-22-2013, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
I remember there was a tsb about iPod sound being low and an update in software was the solution if I remember correctly. This was a 2008-09 usdm issue. I think you should be able to increase the iPod vol from command.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts
10 C six trizzle
theres also a separate volume adjustment for each song in itunes. Your also kind of stupid if you think ipod quality format will ever be near a cd regardless of it being mb or not.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
theres also a separate volume adjustment for each song in itunes. Your also kind of stupid if you think ipod quality format will ever be near a cd regardless of it being mb or not.
None of this makes sense.
iTunes? Kind of stupid? iPod quality format? Regardless of being mb or not. What being mb? The iPod? The cd?
Old 07-25-2013, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Sedan, Magnetite Black
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
"Your" (you mean you're) kinda stupid, firstly, it's pretty unlikely that he would have edited all his songs in iTunes to be at a lower level.. duh...

Secondly, ipod's can use uncompressed formats (exactly the same as CD or even higher quality than CD) such as AIFF, WAV or Apple Lossless and even if they were a 256 or 320kbps mp3, I guarantee you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Sorry for knocking the dust off of this thread, but does anyone happen to know for sure if there was a TSB for this, and if so, do they have a copy they can share? I tried to increase the volume via the audio diagnostic menu (holding hang up and the down button), but it's not giving me the option to change the iPod integration volume setting. I was going to try to use the inline amp A204 870 39 94, but before I did, was wondering about the TSB mentioned above.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
I just gave up, switched to Spotifty and bluetooth. Tried reasoning with the dealer to no avail.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by johnny--2k
I just gave up, switched to Spotifty and bluetooth. Tried reasoning with the dealer to no avail.
I'm actually trying to do this for my spotify ... I connect my iPhone to the integration kit via Bluetooth tune2air and steam spotify that way. Is this what you are doing? Or are you using the Bluetooth audio option (which I don't have on my 2009)?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:40 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
I'm actually trying to do this for my spotify ... I connect my iPhone to the integration kit via Bluetooth tune2air and steam spotify that way. Is this what you are doing? Or are you using the Bluetooth audio option (which I don't have on my 2009)?
You may already have, but make sure the volume is all the way up on your phone when you are streaming via BT. I noticed that the volume was lower on my tune2air when I first got it and that was the problem.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
I have an 09 as well, but not an iphone. I am using another bluetooth streaming piece that I got from best buy that plugs into the aux jack in the glove box instead.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cornerjunkie
You may already have, but make sure the volume is all the way up on your phone when you are streaming via BT. I noticed that the volume was lower on my tune2air when I first got it and that was the problem.
I've noticed that before, but this isn't the issue for me. Strangely, my iPhone music files are ok, it's mostly spotify that is too quiet.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350
Smile iPod volume issues: SOLUTION

I installed an iPod integration kit (6-7-82-4238) in my 2006 E350 in April 2015. No small feat. MB Star Tech instructions were poor, so I went to U-Tube: '99 Yacht' gave detailed and accurate instructions and helped to get this kit installed. (wiring runs to the 'Sam' unit in the trunk, to the power supply under the dash and the 'Command' unit itself.)

Like many on these forums, I was happy to be able to listen to music stored on my iPod, but on a volume scale of 1 to 10; I was only able to get a 5 or 6 on the volume, even with the iPod unit volume up all the way.

I read about the firmware update to solve this issue, but with labor rates at $150/hr, and the general lack of any MB tech knowing anything about the issue, I bucked up the $75 for the iPod in-line amplifier (204-870-39-94) and I am pleased to say it works! (The amplifier plugs into the 'ethernet-type' connector between the black box (about 4" x 3" x 1" thick) and the 30 pin iPod cord.)

Other important notes: older iPods will not charge with this set up. You will need a 30 pin 'Soche' (brand) voltage converter, that lowers the line voltage from 12 to 5 volts.

I took this a step further and added a 30 pin, 2' extension cord (1 131 1555 HC1) from cyberguys.com (Most cheap cords from Amazon don't work, so I paid the $22 for this one.) This allowed me to stash the chain of adaptors under my shifter (secured with zip wire ties) and run the male end of the extension into the cup holder area in the console.

Then I decided to go bluetooth. Bought an ALURATEK 30 pin bluetooth audio receiver on Amazon. It works on the lower voltage. This also works with my Android phone, and I now have a wide range of listening options from my own music on my iPod, to Pandora & Spotify through my phone.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
dmondee
will you please provide a link?
Thank you
Old 08-14-2015, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Read this if your iPod sound quality/volume is poor

Originally Posted by dmondee
I installed an iPod integration kit (6-7-82-4238) in my 2006 E350 in April 2015. No small feat. MB Star Tech instructions were poor, so I went to U-Tube: '99 Yacht' gave detailed and accurate instructions and helped to get this kit installed. (wiring runs to the 'Sam' unit in the trunk, to the power supply under the dash and the 'Command' unit itself.)

Like many on these forums, I was happy to be able to listen to music stored on my iPod, but on a volume scale of 1 to 10; I was only able to get a 5 or 6 on the volume, even with the iPod unit volume up all the way.

I read about the firmware update to solve this issue, but with labor rates at $150/hr, and the general lack of any MB tech knowing anything about the issue, I bucked up the $75 for the iPod in-line amplifier (204-870-39-94) and I am pleased to say it works! (The amplifier plugs into the 'ethernet-type' connector between the black box (about 4" x 3" x 1" thick) and the 30 pin iPod cord.)

Other important notes: older iPods will not charge with this set up. You will need a 30 pin 'Soche' (brand) voltage converter, that lowers the line voltage from 12 to 5 volts.

I took this a step further and added a 30 pin, 2' extension cord (1 131 1555 HC1) from cyberguys.com (Most cheap cords from Amazon don't work, so I paid the $22 for this one.) This allowed me to stash the chain of adaptors under my shifter (secured with zip wire ties) and run the male end of the extension into the cup holder area in the console.

Then I decided to go bluetooth. Bought an ALURATEK 30 pin bluetooth audio receiver on Amazon. It works on the lower voltage. This also works with my Android phone, and I now have a wide range of listening options from my own music on my iPod, to Pandora & Spotify through my phone.
I wonder if the in-line amp will work with the tune2air (or any in-line powered BT adapter) without the voltage converter. I take it your ALURATEK is powered in-line and not by some other external power source?