1/4 Mile Mercedes Shootout at MIR 11/16/2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Holy ****!!!

153 is hauling the mail. That's easily a low 9 second run with better traction.

What does the car weigh? 4,000 lbs? What was the DA like?

I'm glad Atco treated you well. It's the only track I go to. Too bad it wasn't a track rental because they prep much better for rentals.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Try the Hooiser DOT drags, they are a pure drag tire only dot rated for a specific class in nhra, says right on them no highway use. They have a very soft sidewall that flexes great. They come in a 275/40/17. I'm no where your power levels, but they dead hook for me everytimewith minimal burnout.

Originally Posted by Weistec
The staff at Atco was amazing. The minute we got the car in tech we knew they were all racers as well and they wanted the best for everyone.

Our main objective is to race what we sell. Running a solid rear axle would mean chopping up the entire back half of the car. Although we are certain this would fix our issues, this isn't the route we want to take. We are still running the factory rear brake and a 16" wheel which limits us in terms of tire selection. Not to mention the Mickey Thompson ET street radial we are running is the harder compound than the 275 you mentioned. The 275 (which we have great experiences with on other cars) is also 28" tall which won't tuck in the fender without some kind of mini tub.

Anyway this is all a good problem to have. Too much power for the tire... We wil take that. Thank you for the kind words. We all know the car will go near 160 MPH if we didn't have to limit so much power from the gate or have to pedal. 8's can be in the horizon.

Weistec Engineering
Old 11-21-2013, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Weistec
We are heading back now from Jersey. We wanted to say thanks to Ahmad for working hard to set up the event at MIR. Unfortunately the track conditions weren't favorable. We made a few hits at Atco and the car ran a best of 9.75 @ 153 mph and a 4.32 60-130 mph. Track prep was decent but the car was having trouble out of the hole. 1.60's 60 ft on our best pass. We have videos and pics coming soon! Thanks guys!

Weistec Engineering

Congrats to all on getting into the 9's. That a great trap. Its got much more in it.