Mercedes dealership dented my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by mb techman
if you want to make assumptions about people and "who they are" you seem to be the typical forum douche who tries to flex his muscle based on his over inflated post count. probably the same type of customer who expects his butthole to be tickled and rose petals thrown at his feet when he enters a dealership, like he's king jaffi jofour of zamunda.

why doesn't it appear i have a passion for what i do? cause i dont automatically side with the OP and join the bash the dealership conga line?

my point in my post was that if you want to go in ranting and raving, youre more likely to get your dent taken care of and thats pretty much it, but if BOTH sides handle things properly, it can go a lot farther for both sides. a salvaged relationship between dealer and customer, and the customer satisfied in having his demands appeased.

as i said before, i am playing devil's advocate cause i've seen it all. from bad dealerships to work at to good dealerships to work at. customer's that come in with a chip on their shoulder, to customer's that are actually reasonable.

as for my "tone" i'm not in any position to decide what should happen to someone's car if it gets damaged. so it doesn't really matter.

and as for your intimidating post count, if you want to call it checking you or educating you, whatever you like. you let me know. just think twice before you assume or guess you know who someone is and what they do or what their "passions" are. cause you dont know dick
Ok I'm back...did they serve drinks here yet?

My post count has nothing to do with anything. You are the one acting like a big shot and using an aggressive, adversary tone. You said I better "watch my mouth" and I said I would like you to show me how to. This would be interesting. So its you that has acted a little out of line here...

After all your bashing and wild shenanigans, you are the pot calling the kettle black by making assumptions about me, saying that I'm probably
the type of customer that "likes my butt hole tickled and roses thrown at my feet"....well you know what??!! YOU ARE ABSO-**king-LUTLEY right!!!!!

Let me just say this, if I ever spend my hard earned money on a dealership, and place my trust in someone servicing my car that I value, you can bet that I expect my butthole to be tickled with the amount I am spending and the competitive nature of the business. I throw roses at ALL my clients because they pay me and allow me to have a nice living. It's called customer service. Without them I am nothing. Sure there are going to be a few unreasonable clients here and there, but you get the good with the bad. Most people come to you for a service and are willing to pay your price, and all they expect is to be treated well and honestly with respect.

Customer service as a long comeback in today's world if you ask me...
Old 08-22-2013, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by mb techman
and to the person who says DEMAND then to give you something for free? good luck with that. IF they actually claim responsibility for that then can just repair it for you and tell you to F off in a really nice way. you can catch more bees with honey instead of vinegar..
You won't get anything if you don't ask for it. Perhaps the wording of my post was open to interpretation, but you have to go into any negotiation on a firm note (difficult to convey in a few words on an Internet forum).

In summary though, if the dealer damages your car (which we have to take on face value from ops post) then they need to not only make it good, but they also need to compensate you for diminished value and the extra hassle and loss of your time. If they don't, they should not expect a thriving customer base.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 C63S AMG, 2020 Mclaren 600lt Spider
the dealership has claimed responsibility for the damages and they said they will take care of repairs for my car. still havent called me about when they will actually repair it though
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
CLA45

Last edited by mb techman; 09-23-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
CLA45

Last edited by mb techman; 09-23-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:56 PM

the service guy told me AMG wheels have different patterns and they need to apply the fill, let it dry and reapply again so the process will take more than a day. also i looked in my trunk where the spare is i noticed they left a set of gloves, bolts and looks like they used the car's jack.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Popcorn.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I heard King Jaffe Joffer has since left Zamunda to portray the voice of the dark lord in a sci-fi movie.
Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 PM

woke up today and front right and back left tire both flat. so on top of the dent they left they also managed to flatten 2 tires. im beginning to think having some sort of compensation is not a unreasonable request now
Old 08-23-2013, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by DavidZhu
woke up today and front right and back left tire both flat. so on top of the dent they left they also managed to flatten 2 tires. im beginning to think having some sort of compensation is not a unreasonable request now
Unbelievable. If this was actually caused by the dealer then following receipt of said compensation I would never take my car back there.

A dent is terrible, but sometimes things happen (still this either means that some @sshole dented your car and didn't own up to it to the service manager, or the service manager didn't own up to it to you - I cant believe that someone would do this and not notice), but when you combine that with puncturing two tyres, that is downright negligent.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:33 PM

yeah i dont see how this is even possible. i talked to my sales person and told him i dont want to work with my current service person ever again and he said the service manager will take care of my car himself monday. hopefully this is the last it and they compensate me enough for me to even think about giving them another chance.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dreams
im sorry to hear this. my (then new) '13 was also in for work on curbed wheel. i was told a day but it turned to be 2 due to AMG wheels requiring machining. 3 is reasonable once u factor in transportation and work load as this work typically gets sub-contracted out to speciality companies as others have said. upon return, my door was scratched and i had a flat rear. the moral of the story is.. empathy .
Old 08-24-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by dcho
im sorry to hear this. my (then new) '13 was also in for work on curbed wheel. i was told a day but it turned to be 2 due to AMG wheels requiring machining. 3 is reasonable once u factor in transportation and work load as this work typically gets sub-contracted out to speciality companies as others have said. upon return, my door was scratched and i had a flat rear. the moral of the story is.. empathy .
did they compensate you at all?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:55 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Ok I'm back...did they serve drinks here yet?

My post count has nothing to do with anything. You are the one acting like a big shot and using an aggressive, adversary tone. You said I better "watch my mouth" and I said I would like you to show me how to. This would be interesting. So its you that has acted a little out of line here...

After all your bashing and wild shenanigans, you are the pot calling the kettle black by making assumptions about me, saying that I'm probably
the type of customer that "likes my butt hole tickled and roses thrown at my feet"....well you know what??!! YOU ARE ABSO-**king-LUTLEY right!!!!!

Let me just say this, if I ever spend my hard earned money on a dealership, and place my trust in someone servicing my car that I value, you can bet that I expect my butthole to be tickled with the amount I am spending and the competitive nature of the business. I throw roses at ALL my clients because they pay me and allow me to have a nice living. It's called customer service. Without them I am nothing. Sure there are going to be a few unreasonable clients here and there, but you get the good with the bad. Most people come to you for a service and are willing to pay your price, and all they expect is to be treated well and honestly with respect.

Customer service as a long comeback in today's world if you ask me...
Agreed 10000000%