BS for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by danlnyc
This is the double standards I was talking about.

Whenever a poor or middle class person brags about who they know or what they have, it's not a big deal. Evidence? About 90% of Instagram?

Whenever a wealthy person brags about who they know or what they have, suddenly they are treated differently...

What is the difference between someone bragging about their new car, new mods, new wheels, new (something) and the difference between jrcart bragging about what he has...absolutely nothing...
Trust me bro, on my FB when I see my 'friends' keep putting new statuses every 5 min and sharing pictures of stupid promoters bottles, I select Hide All from this person so I don't need to deal with it... and most of them are far from rich. When I go out, I actually stop my friends from taking my pictures and refuse to hold a bottle I paid for because I don't think it makes me look any better. I used to do it when I was 17 but I'm more mature now... it's just a bad look IMO.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, I do like to share with the world when I get something new but I don't bring it up every 5 min trying to remind people that I got a new car... I was very happy when I got my CL63 and did post a threat but that was all about it... I think I was 19 or 20...

I'll say it again, I'm not hating, I don't hate... I just don't like it when people think they are the absolute shît just because they can afford something most people can't... as far as I know having a lot of money doesn't make you better at sex...

Last edited by Guilty; 12-13-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by mdgrwl
are you socially retarded?

alright bud how about we try this... you go up to 20 strangers and ask them how much money they make a year and see what type of response you get...nothin come back and tell me that it's just my personal opinion that speaking about such things is not in good taste.

better yet go up to 20 strangers and tell them you make $5M are you here and see what response you get then

I'm sure if you do this you'll find that I'm not the only one who finds that speaking about such things lacks social grace
HAH, that's hilarious coming from you. It seems like you are the sheeple of etiquette rules that don't even exist. Are you living in your own fantasy world?

Your hypothetical situation has NOTHING to do with this one. Jrcart simply shared his income, nobody had to ask. And if someone did ask, what is wrong with being honest? What is so secretive about your income that nobody but you can know? You have been so brainwashed by society and how you "should" act you can't even see that you are the exact definition of a sheep.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Trust me bro, on my FB when I see my 'friends' keep putting new statuses every 5 min and sharing pictures of stupid promoters bottles, I select Hide All from this person so I don't need to deal with it... and most of them are far from rich. When I go out, I actually stop my friends from taking my pictures and refuse to hold a bottle I paid for because I don't think it makes me look any better. I used to do it when I was 17 but I'm more mature now... it's just a bad look IMO.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, I do like to share with the world when I get something new but I don't bring it up every 5 min trying to remind people that I got a new car... I was very happy when I got my CL63 and did post a threat but that was all about it... I think I was 19 or 20...

I'll say it again, I'm not hating, I don't hate... I just don't like it when people think they are the absolute shît just because they can afford something most people can't... as far as I know having a lot of money doesn't make you better at sex...
Okay, lets put it this way. What if I don't like the way you live your life? Should I call you out and express my opinions because we don't live the same and share the same values??

Last edited by danlnyc; 12-13-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Okay, lets put it this way. What if I don't like the way you live your life? Should I call you out and express my opinions because we don't live the same and share the same values??
I wouldn't have a problem with it I need critique to move forward.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
And if you really follow the conversation, you see how off putting this guy is.

The discussion was about resale value and modifications. All of the sudden the next post is "I make $5M a year, I have warehouses full of cars, Im a tool".

From his name dropping, to declarations of wealth, to overall lack of poise - its clear he must attempt elevate himself above others. Guilty is correct - guy carries himself like he's above others. THATS what I dont like.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:35 PM

C63 AMG
You have been so brainwashed by society and how you "should" act you can't even see that you are the exact definition of a sheep.

Rage against the machine! Conformity! Lol... what are we, in highschool?

Last edited by mdgrwl; 12-13-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 PM

C6 Z06, 997 C2S
IBTL

Jealousy's a *****
Old 12-13-2013, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rage against the machine! Conformity! Lol... what are we, in highschool?
I wouldn't need to resort to such cliches if you didn't have such a strong idea of how people should act in America.

Which btw, consists of many different cultures, people with different values and social mannerisms, etc.

But who cares right? Everybody should act the way you want them to.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
I thought this was supposed to be a FS thread?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 892 Likes on 626 Posts
E63S | X5
The link doesn't work anyway. At least not for me.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:24 PM

2012 C63 Black Series
I just want to see what happens after she throws the dress at the camera
Old 12-13-2013, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
That's why I keep coming back haha
Old 12-14-2013, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by BK63amg
I thought this was supposed to be a FS thread?
That's what I thought..then I start reading through all of this crap. Another thread ruined by nonsense. I have never understood why people get so caught up on talking about money they make, or why a car does/does not sell for a certain amount..hell anything for that matter. The market for cars in general is soft currently, it's just reality. Sell your stuff for whatever the market will allow, STFU and move on. If you make a profit or break even, COOL! If not, sucks to be you depending upon the loss.

I like discussions on the market, cars, and having fun doing so..but these types of discussions on threads are silly and childish. What are we 5 yo on the playground?

No hating, or pointing toward anyone..but for the majority of people on this forum: Do you really care about what someone makes? Why would you?

Originally Posted by rufferto
I just want to see what happens after she throws the dress at the camera
Yep..I was expecting a follow-through. Disappoint.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
This thread could use some more honesty and a little less judging. Of course we care what someone makes. It's human nature. When you see a guy with 1000 hp supercars, you wonder naturally wow that guy has done really well! I wonder how he got here, what's his story, how did he do it? Youre all thinking that, don't act like you're not. I applaud Cart for not holding back his thoughts and being open about it in his own way. Let's face it, when you look deep down where the source of many of the negative comments are coming from...it's not a positive place. Many preach maturity and class here...the mature and classy thing to do would be to not tear an easy target like cart down, it would be to appreciate the positive and ignore what you perceive to be the negative.

Remember the guy who did the insane Weistec build, then vowed to lock the car away in a barn forever because he couldn't care less? Where has that guy been? Great content, now zero entertainment. Cart continues to push the limits and share with us how and why....how much it costs to do so, exactly what he does with his cars...more than most, hes an open book. If that's because it inflates his ego, or because he wants to contribute, who cares? Who are we to judge what one should or shouldn't do in his position, yours, or mine. This is the internet, a discussion forum.....entertainment. And Carts efforts and approach is exactly that, entertainment.

Good for him he makes 200k a week or whatever. Good for him his SLS has red wheels. I appreciate that he shares vs being uptight about it. I reached out to Steve Cannon personally when cart posted up about his troubles getting a CBS, a day later he had progress. Why would I attempt to help? Because the guy contributes to the community and makes sure these boards are a little less serious and a little more fun. Without enthusiasts like him, we would all be yapping about clear turn signals and what tires are best.

That's what it's all about anyway, these are cars...fun. We should all lighten up a bit and not try to tear one another down. Good for him he pushes the envelope and is confident enough to talk openly about it. The same reason you want to see his garage is the same reason you bring him down. Deep down, you do want to know if someone is out there doing these things. You do want to know what they make and how they do it. You do want to know how much he makes and what percentage of his income he spends on cars, how that relates to you, is he happier or sadder because of it. All of those things. It's human nature, period. Maturity and "class" is recognizing this reality and ensuring your curiosities come from a place of nothing but positivity.

Last edited by rory breaker; 12-14-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:09 AM

C6 Z06, 997 C2S
Originally Posted by rory breaker
This thread could use some more honesty and a little less judging. Of course we care what someone makes. It's human nature. When you see a guy with 1000 hp supercars, you wonder naturally wow that guy has done really well! I wonder how he got here, what's his story, how did he do it? Youre all thinking that, don't act like you're not. I applaud Cart for not holding back his thoughts and being open about it in his own way. Let's face it, when you look deep down where the source of many of the negative comments are coming from...it's not a positive place. Many preach maturity and class here...the mature and classy thing to do would be to not tear an easy target like cart down, it would be to appreciate the positive and ignore what you perceive to be the negative.

Remember the guy who did the insane Weistec build, then vowed to lock the car away in a barn forever because he couldn't care less? Where has that guy been? Great content, now zero entertainment. Cart continues to push the limits and share with us how and why....how much it costs to do so, exactly what he does with his cars...more than most, hes an open book. If that's because it inflates his ego, or because he wants to contribute, who cares? Who are we to judge what one should or shouldn't do in his position, yours, or mine. This is the internet, a discussion forum.....entertainment. And Carts efforts and approach is exactly that, entertainment.

Good for him he makes 200k a week or whatever. Good for him his SLS has red wheels. I appreciate that he shares vs being uptight about it. I reached out to Steve Cannon personally when cart posted up about his troubles getting a CBS, a day later he had progress. Why would I attempt to help? Because the guy contributes to the community and makes sure these boards are a little less serious and a little more fun. Without enthusiasts like him, we would all be yapping about clear turn signals and what tires are best.

That's what it's all about anyway, these are cars...fun. We should all lighten up a bit and not try to tear one another down. Good for him he pushes the envelope and is confident enough to talk openly about it. The same reason you want to see his garage is the same reason you bring him down. Deep down, you do want to know if someone is out there doing these things. You do want to know what they make and how they do it. You do want to know how much he makes and what percentage of his income he spends on cars, how that relates to you, is he happier or sadder because of it. All of those things. It's human nature, period. Maturity and "class" is recognizing this reality and ensuring your curiosities come from a place of nothing but positivity.
+1!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:18 AM

2014 C63 507 Sedan
Way expensive, but love the C63 BS!!

Last edited by ld63; 12-14-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: wrong post
Old 12-16-2013, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by rory breaker

Good points and agree with most of it.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
LMAO, two and a half pages about me...what can I say, I am flattered.

Sorry I would have replied sooner but I was actually out racing my cars in California(novel idea, right?) and partying in Vegas for the weekend

First off I don't think money makes a person any better than the next, I have close friends from all walks of life and never judge...or at least never judge until you do something worth judging. What I can tell you is money can build one hell of a car so if you want to hate me for that then whatever. There are lots of people on this board that know me, have met me, raced with me and partied with me that can tell you what kind of a person I am. I have given away a set of drag radials and wheels to a guy at the track, I gave away an extra unused helmet at the track so a C63 owner that made a trek out to an event could race and at the end of the day I told him he could keep the helmet. I have probably given away $2000 worth of race fuel at track events over the years. I have paid for entire private rentals out of pocket and invited guys to run their cars at them for for free, I could go on and on but no need to pat myself on the back to prove to some of you what type of a guy I am when at the end of the day you are still going to hate anyway.

I might be vocal or opinionated at times but I back up my words or at least try to, that's more than 80% of the keyboard jockeys on these forums will ever do. You know what they say about haters...I personally don't give two *****z about most of you or what you think about me. I figured out a long long time ago that you can never make everyone happy so just make yourself and loved ones happy. From day one on the MB boards people had issues with me and my car, "how could I ruin a rare CLK BS?", "A 63 motor will never be as fast as a 55 motor" "why did you turn a road race car into a drag racer?", A supercharger will never work on a 63", A 63 motor will never get int the 10's" ...I could go on and on with quotes from haters and nay sayers. So while some of you pussies are waiting for your warranty to run out before you cough up $1000 for a tune or waiting for enough people to get on board for a "group buy" on some headers to save $150 or buying chinese cf rear lip spoilers of eBay for your cars me and a small handful of other 63 owners and a few reputable tuners revoluntionized the AMG/MB aftermarket. I must be doing something right because the higher ups at MBUSA and MB and AMG in Germany know who I am and made sure I got one of the first SLS BS's off the production lines when they heard I was interested in one because they wanted to see what could be done to one when taken to the max and they knew I would take it to the max.

....then we have guys like mdgrwl, a cocky noob that thinks he knows everything but actually knows nothing, loves causing trouble, has never posted a photo of his car and has never showed up at any events....things that make you go hmmm????

Bottom line my slowest AMG is faster than 99% of the peoples AMG's commenting this thread, so if you feel the need to flame me that is your right but be prepared for me to fire back, otherwise until you have something for me STFU. THis is a automobile forum in the AMG performance section, if posting my HP in my sig offends you I appologize lol. Little words from little men have no affect on me....Yep more cocky comments from JRCART, what did you all expect me to say?

Last edited by jrcart; 12-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

$200K every few weeks = $5M a year. What the hell are you doing farting around with tuner AMG's ?

I'd be into some Bugatti Veyron, McLaren, 918 Spider, LFA, etc...
If I wanted and ugly Veyron I would buy one. You have no idea what I own or have owned in the past. I buy what I want, not what other people deem as "cool". You are probably the same type of person that would see my somewhat modest home and say why not buy one that is twice as big. You are a pretty big hypocrite, one minute you are blasting me for the cars in my sig and saying I am bragging then you tell me what type of cars someone earning $5 mil a year should be driving...If I listed my Porsche 9?? in my sig I would get blasted for that too. Make up your mind man, which is it gonna be? You are the biggest tool on this forum, congrats

Stay small my friend.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I'm waiting to be able to afford a tune, not run out of warranty

For the 99% of the people who haven't met JR, btw, I'm just some nobody nothing looking kid who walked up to him at SEMA and he wasn't a dick at all in person.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
I'm waiting to be able to afford a tune, not run out of warranty

For the 99% of the people who haven't met JR, btw, I'm just some nobody nothing looking kid who walked up to him at SEMA and he wasn't a dick at all in person.
Thanks man, I met lots of people at SEMA but I specifically remember meeting you and felt bad that I could not chat longer and felt I was kinda short with you. If I recall I was sitting in my car waiting to drive it out of the convention center by the back doors and you walked up to the drivers side door and said hello. Had I not been leaving at that very moment I would have chatted and invited you out with me and the guys from Wesitec that evening. I always enjoy meeting fellow enthusiests, especially guys from MB World and finally getting the chance to meet them.

Please don't take my warranty comment too seriously. It was tongue in cheek because usually half the guys that flame me on these boards are the same guys that are too affraid to risk their warranty or have one of another half dozen excuses why they don't mod their cars but at the same time they are experts on every mod out there(you are not one of those people). I respect the fact not everyone can afford to take a week old $300K SLS and void the warranty and be 100% carefree about it like I did, but I don't appreciate being judged by those people when I chose to do it myself. We all have our reasons for what we do and don't do and I usually respect peoples choices and reasoning.

And for the record for everyone else, the only reason I mentioned that I make $200K every few weeks is because someone infered that anyone that would get offered $200k for their C 63 BS and not take it is an idiot. I was simply stating that to me $200k is not a huge sum of money in the grand scheme of things and definately not worth selling a car I love over. Everything is relative, there are guys out there that $2M is not a huge sum of money.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:55 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
....then we have guys like mdgrwl, a cocky noob that thinks he knows everything but actually knows nothing, loves causing trouble, has never posted a photo of his car and has never showed up at any events....things that make you go hmmm????
You think I don't own a C63 or something Charlie? I posted pictures of my C63 in the "illuminated star emblem" thread... remember the thread that you said it wasn't a genuine MB OEM part? LOL... And I know nothing? Your speed dial didnt help you there, huh?

Hows that weak 60ft doing ya bub? 1.6x, lol. Terrible, terrible 60ft for anyone worth their salt who's a true drag racer. But hey, I know nothing. Between Weistec and your cash, you SHOULD of figured that out by now. But I digress. Oh yeah - Hows that 15" conversion going? Your on it right? It's in the works right? Welp - Take this piece of advice from someone who "knows nothing". Your not even CLOSE to needing a 15" conversion with your weak launch. Grip at the line is NOT your problem. It's a combo of your tune (timing) and your TC. But hey, I know nothing... If I had that car, it would be mid to low 9's.

I "too" took a brand new car under warranty - 2012 Charger SRT8 (sorry, no its not a $300K car, I'm no up to snuff) - and turned it into a 10 second beast pushing 700rwhp. So stop with your "I'm a Pioneer" garbage... I've done it too. Why did I not mod my C63? Because I'm not made of money and prefere to keep my warranty. Sorry, I'm not a millionare.

Nice red wheels by the way...

Last edited by mdgrwl; 12-16-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
And for the record for everyone else, the only reason I mentioned that I make $200K every few weeks is because someone infered that anyone that would get offered $200k for their C 63 BS and not take it is an idiot. I was simply stating that to me $200k is not a huge sum of money in the grand scheme of things and definately not worth selling a car I love over. Everything is relative, there are guys out there that $2M is not a huge sum of money.
I call bull****. If 200k isn't a huge sum of money then PayPal it to me now.

Yeah that's what I thought.

/jelly
Old 12-16-2013, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
You think I don't own a C63 or something Charlie? I posted pictures of my C63 in the "illuminated star emblem" thread... remember the thread that you said it wasn't a genuine MB OEM part? LOL... And I know nothing? Your speed dial didnt help you there, huh?

Hows that weak 60ft doing ya bub? 1.6x, lol. Terrible, terrible 60ft for anyone worth their salt who's a true drag racer. But hey, I know nothing. Between Weistec and your cash, you SHOULD of figured that out by now. But I digress. Oh yeah - Hows that 15" conversion going? Your on it right? It's in the works right? Welp - Take this piece of advice from someone who "knows nothing". Your not even CLOSE to needing a 15" conversion with your weak launch. Grip at the line is NOT your problem. It's a combo of your tune (timing) and your TC. But hey, I know nothing... If I had that car, it would be mid to low 9's.

I "too" took a brand new car under warranty - 2012 Charger SRT8 (sorry, no its not a $300K car, I'm no up to snuff) - and turned it into a 10 second beast pushing 700rwhp. So stop with your "I'm a Pioneer" garbage... I've done it too. Why did I not mod my C63? Because I'm not made of money and prefere to keep my warranty. Sorry, I'm not a millionare.

Nice red wheels by the way...

You couldn't even get your Charger into the 9's...pioneer this

Old 12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by callmiro
You couldn't even get your Charger into the 9's...pioneer this
Holy **** I just spit my coffee out laughing at that. That wheelie was hilarious.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BS for sale