Sponsored by:

BS for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Wow, this thread went down the tube quickly .
I can only hope to meet jrcart one day and make my own judgment about him. We don't see eye to eye on everything and that is why the forum exists. He is opinionated and I personally like this better than someone who is a hypocrite.
I applaud him for being a car nut like most of us and spending this much mula on tuning. It helps us because he is the guinea pig on the mods.
If he has an extra AMG helmet, I'd like to bid on it . I just came back from Laguna Seca advanced class and I was no where close to being the best on the track but I drooled over that helmet and I am sure he has a few at home.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 CL550 loaded
Originally Posted by jrcart
LMAO, two and a half pages about me...what can I say, I am flattered.

Sorry I would have replied sooner but I was actually out racing my cars in California(novel idea, right?) and partying in Vegas for the weekend

First off I don't think money makes a person any better than the next, I have close friends from all walks of life and never judge...or at least never judge until you do something worth judging. What I can tell you is money can build one hell of a car so if you want to hate me for that then whatever. There are lots of people on this board that know me, have met me, raced with me and partied with me that can tell you what kind of a person I am. I have given away a set of drag radials and wheels to a guy at the track, I gave away an extra unused helmet at the track so a C63 owner that made a trek out to an event could race and at the end of the day I told him he could keep the helmet. I have probably given away $2000 worth of race fuel at track events over the years. I have paid for entire private rentals out of pocket and invited guys to run their cars at them for for free, I could go on and on but no need to pat myself on the back to prove to some of you what type of a guy I am when at the end of the day you are still going to hate anyway.

I might be vocal or opinionated at times but I back up my words or at least try to, that's more than 80% of the keyboard jockeys on these forums will ever do. You know what they say about haters...I personally don't give two *****z about most of you or what you think about me. I figured out a long long time ago that you can never make everyone happy so just make yourself and loved ones happy. From day one on the MB boards people had issues with me and my car, "how could I ruin a rare CLK BS?", "A 63 motor will never be as fast as a 55 motor" "why did you turn a road race car into a drag racer?", A supercharger will never work on a 63", A 63 motor will never get int the 10's" ...I could go on and on with quotes from haters and nay sayers. So while some of you pussies are waiting for your warranty to run out before you cough up $1000 for a tune or waiting for enough people to get on board for a "group buy" on some headers to save $150 or buying chinese cf rear lip spoilers of eBay for your cars me and a small handful of other 63 owners and a few reputable tuners revoluntionized the AMG/MB aftermarket. I must be doing something right because the higher ups at MBUSA and MB and AMG in Germany know who I am and made sure I got one of the first SLS BS's off the production lines when they heard I was interested in one because they wanted to see what could be done to one when taken to the max and they knew I would take it to the max.

....then we have guys like mdgrwl, a cocky noob that thinks he knows everything but actually knows nothing, loves causing trouble, has never posted a photo of his car and has never showed up at any events....things that make you go hmmm????

Bottom line my slowest AMG is faster than 99% of the peoples AMG's commenting this thread, so if you feel the need to flame me that is your right but be prepared for me to fire back, otherwise until you have something for me STFU. THis is a automobile forum in the AMG performance section, if posting my HP in my sig offends you I appologize lol. Little words from little men have no affect on me....Yep more cocky comments from JRCART, what did you all expect me to say?
Please save all of your posts ,so that when you grow up you'll see what an immature and pompous person you were. I feel sorry for you,truly sorry.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by clkwork
I call bull****. If 200k isn't a huge sum of money then PayPal it to me now.

Yeah that's what I thought.

/jelly

BS for sale-wsyrhsw.jpg

(on a serious note you guys need to lighten up... why can't we all just appreciate fine automobiles instead of being a dick all the time?)
Old 12-16-2013, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

(on a serious note you guys need to lighten up... why can't we all just appreciate fine automobiles instead of being a dick all the time?)
WTF...
Old 12-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Hahahha, the 200k paypal is just BOLD lol

I knew he was gonna do it. Again I never hated on him and wish to make as much money as him so I can do nice things too

I just don't like it when he talks down to people nothing else.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:31 PM

2012 C63 Black Series
So JR.... can we start a signup for a tour of your warehouse?

1. rufferto
Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Originally Posted by rory breaker
This thread could use some more honesty and a little less judging. Of course we care what someone makes. It's human nature. When you see a guy with 1000 hp supercars, you wonder naturally wow that guy has done really well! I wonder how he got here, what's his story, how did he do it? Youre all thinking that, don't act like you're not. I applaud Cart for not holding back his thoughts and being open about it in his own way. Let's face it, when you look deep down where the source of many of the negative comments are coming from...it's not a positive place. Many preach maturity and class here...the mature and classy thing to do would be to not tear an easy target like cart down, it would be to appreciate the positive and ignore what you perceive to be the negative.

Remember the guy who did the insane Weistec build, then vowed to lock the car away in a barn forever because he couldn't care less? Where has that guy been? Great content, now zero entertainment. Cart continues to push the limits and share with us how and why....how much it costs to do so, exactly what he does with his cars...more than most, hes an open book. If that's because it inflates his ego, or because he wants to contribute, who cares? Who are we to judge what one should or shouldn't do in his position, yours, or mine. This is the internet, a discussion forum.....entertainment. And Carts efforts and approach is exactly that, entertainment.

Good for him he makes 200k a week or whatever. Good for him his SLS has red wheels. I appreciate that he shares vs being uptight about it. I reached out to Steve Cannon personally when cart posted up about his troubles getting a CBS, a day later he had progress. Why would I attempt to help? Because the guy contributes to the community and makes sure these boards are a little less serious and a little more fun. Without enthusiasts like him, we would all be yapping about clear turn signals and what tires are best.

That's what it's all about anyway, these are cars...fun. We should all lighten up a bit and not try to tear one another down. Good for him he pushes the envelope and is confident enough to talk openly about it. The same reason you want to see his garage is the same reason you bring him down. Deep down, you do want to know if someone is out there doing these things. You do want to know what they make and how they do it. You do want to know how much he makes and what percentage of his income he spends on cars, how that relates to you, is he happier or sadder because of it. All of those things. It's human nature, period. Maturity and "class" is recognizing this reality and ensuring your curiosities come from a place of nothing but positivity.
Hear hear.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:39 PM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S

I bet he won't PayPal me ten dollars! LOL. Seriously if someone sent me $200K via PayPal, I'd be under investigation. Looks like Christmas came a couple weeks early for you.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by rufferto
So JR.... can we start a signup for a tour of your warehouse?

1. rufferto

1. rufferto
2. Guilty (i'll pay my own flight )
Old 12-16-2013, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Hahaha, okay before this gets out of hand and everyone PM's cart asking for 200k I need to say that it was just a joke. Just trying to defuse the arguments and lighten the mood a bit. Sorry for trolling you guys.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:06 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by callmiro
You couldn't even get your 9's...
10's was my goal and I hit it. 4695lbs full race weight - things are pigs.

If wanted to turn it into a dedicated, gutted out, drastic weight reduced drag car, it would of been 9's easy... but that wasnt my goal.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:09 AM

The thread has gotten out of hand. I have some judgement about what was said here. But I do value Jim's judgement. Everytime I've pm'd him or reached out to ask him about some info, he has gotten back to me in a timely and positive manner.

Very few enthusiasts do that. Especially enthusiasts with the cars that he has. I think his contributions to the AMG world deserve our respect. His cars have taken out many other cars and have given some of us a moment of pride when we see MBZ AMGs doing so well.

Jim is outspoken, but there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I saw nothing wrong in what he said here. He's got resources, he likes to use it. If we should all be that lucky. But unlike most of those people, he chooses to share it here.

You can say that he's bragging, or showing off, or being a ****. But in reality, everyone of us come here to brag, show off, or be a **** at some point or another. That's the point of forums, cars and coffee, etc. You worked hard, you want to be proud about your car.

Jim is no exception. He works hard, he wants to show it off. I think this is great.

As for the FS price... well, I will respectfully disagree with Jim on that, and I am a CBS owner. But already at my price... I've gotten tons of hits... and I am selling almost at what I bought my CBS for a year ago. So the market is still strong for the CBS.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by neoprufrok

As for the FS price... well, I will respectfully disagree with Jim on that, and I am a CBS owner. But already at my price... I've gotten tons of hits... and I am selling almost at what I bought my CBS for a year ago. So the market is still strong for the CBS.
Why do you disagree with me on the price?? All along I have said that these cars are still fetching a good dollar and aero pkg cars are in higher demand than non-aero cars. It does not suprise me one bit that you are geting close to what you paid for your car over a year ago, In fact I PM'ed you and said that I thought you had yours listed a little low IMO. I am a little suprised that they are holding their value as well as they are considering that CLK BS's(MSRP $138,850) were selling for well under $100K when they were a year old. Might have had something to do with the 2008 economy but these C BS's have faired much better than their CLK counterparts.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
I am a little suprised that they are holding their value as well as they are considering that CLK BS's(MSRP $138,850) were selling for well under $100K when they were a year old. Might have had something to do with the 2008 economy but these C BS's have faired much better than their CLK counterparts.
The CLK BS prices were interesting, I followed it closely when it was announced before I figured out how to get one into Canada. When it first came out, not many people knew about the car, and with ~350 cars, there were a lot sitting around. By the end of the first year, dealers were clearing new cars out at $90k, which completely tanked the used market. It was simply supply > demand.

The prices rebounded strongly because of the Porsche guys, believe it or not. They started picking the cars up as their DD and there were tons of favorable reviews. Word of mouth got around, and all of a sudden everyone wanted a CLK BS. By year 2, used cars were over $100k again. Some of the guys I know got lucky and made $20k by buying it new at huge dealer discounts and selling high a year and 10,000 miles later.

The C is holding much better value because everyone knows what the BS cars are about now. Coupled with much lower NA allocations, it's not a surprise that it's nowhere near the rollercoaster ride that the CLK BS had.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
Thanks man, I met lots of people at SEMA but I specifically remember meeting you and felt bad that I could not chat longer and felt I was kinda short with you. If I recall I was sitting in my car waiting to drive it out of the convention center by the back doors and you walked up to the drivers side door and said hello. Had I not been leaving at that very moment I would have chatted and invited you out with me and the guys from Wesitec that evening. I always enjoy meeting fellow enthusiests, especially guys from MB World and finally getting the chance to meet them.

Please don't take my warranty comment too seriously. It was tongue in cheek because usually half the guys that flame me on these boards are the same guys that are too affraid to risk their warranty or have one of another half dozen excuses why they don't mod their cars but at the same time they are experts on every mod out there(you are not one of those people). I respect the fact not everyone can afford to take a week old $300K SLS and void the warranty and be 100% carefree about it like I did, but I don't appreciate being judged by those people when I chose to do it myself. We all have our reasons for what we do and don't do and I usually respect peoples choices and reasoning.

And for the record for everyone else, the only reason I mentioned that I make $200K every few weeks is because someone infered that anyone that would get offered $200k for their C 63 BS and not take it is an idiot. I was simply stating that to me $200k is not a huge sum of money in the grand scheme of things and definately not worth selling a car I love over. Everything is relative, there are guys out there that $2M is not a huge sum of money.
Yeah that was me. With how many people that were at SEMA the only way I'd know it was you was if you were in your car. So I'm glad I caught you as the cars were leaving and then I proceeded to stand on a corner outside the convention center and enjoy the show.

How long did it take you to get out of there? I was there for hours but then had to go back to my dads place where I was staying and it looked like the entire section you were it didn't even start to leave.

And no worries on the warranty thing, it wasn't serious. People here just need to lighten up a bit.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rage2
The CLK BS prices were interesting, I followed it closely when it was announced before I figured out how to get one into Canada. When it first came out, not many people knew about the car, and with ~350 cars, there were a lot sitting around. By the end of the first year, dealers were clearing new cars out at $90k, which completely tanked the used market. It was simply supply > demand.

The prices rebounded strongly because of the Porsche guys, believe it or not. They started picking the cars up as their DD and there were tons of favorable reviews. Word of mouth got around, and all of a sudden everyone wanted a CLK BS. By year 2, used cars were over $100k again. Some of the guys I know got lucky and made $20k by buying it new at huge dealer discounts and selling high a year and 10,000 miles later.

The C is holding much better value because everyone knows what the BS cars are about now. Coupled with much lower NA allocations, it's not a surprise that it's nowhere near the rollercoaster ride that the CLK BS had.
It appears CLK BS prices have leveled off, the going price for a clean low to average mile example is still hovering right around $68K-$70K which for a 6 plus year old car is not too bad. At 70K they are doing better on the used market than a 2008 Aston or Bentley CGT based on percentage of MSRP vs todays used market prices.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Yeah that was me. With how many people that were at SEMA the only way I'd know it was you was if you were in your car. So I'm glad I caught you as the cars were leaving and then I proceeded to stand on a corner outside the convention center and enjoy the show.

How long did it take you to get out of there? I was there for hours but then had to go back to my dads place where I was staying and it looked like the entire section you were it didn't even start to leave.

And no worries on the warranty thing, it wasn't serious. People here just need to lighten up a bit.
I got out pretty quick, I went the back way around the rear service road for the convention center and then doubled back on to Paradise. We had to go on a parade route down Las Vegs Blvd which was a mess. Took me an hour to get from Sahara and LV Blvd to the Las Vegas sign on South LV Blvd.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
Yea, traffic seemed crazy. I just valet parked at the MGM and took the monorail in everyday. Got out pretty quick so it was nice or just stopped at the casino's for a bit to let time pass.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by mdgrwl
10's was my goal and I hit it. 4695lbs full race weight - things are pigs.

If wanted to turn it into a dedicated, gutted out, drastic weight reduced drag car, it would of been 9's easy... but that wasnt my goal.

Good job....but seriously,

If you wanna get into the 9's just hop into the passenger seat of JRCart's CLK63 Black Series....he can show you what its like

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/521123-weistec-goes-9-75-152mph-resetting-world-records.html

Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 PM

2004 AMG E55
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
1. rufferto
1. rufferto
3. CandyMD770

Put me down. I'm a noob but I would love to see!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:42 AM

Why do you disagree with me on the price?? All along I have said that these cars are still fetching a good dollar and aero pkg cars are in higher demand than non-aero cars. It does not suprise me one bit that you are geting close to what you paid for your car over a year ago, In fact I PM'ed you and said that I thought you had yours listed a little low IMO. I am a little suprised that they are holding their value as well as they are considering that CLK BS's(MSRP $138,850) were selling for well under $100K when they were a year old. Might have had something to do with the 2008 economy but these C BS's have faired much better than their CLK counterparts.
I just thought this car was a little high... but not by much. It's still an incredible car with low miles and great upgrades. And you were probably right about the price of my car.. we will see what happens. A few inquiries but no sale yet!