Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
You thought this car was stock weight?
My CLK weighs just over 3900lbs with me in it we found a way to strip a couple hundred pounds out of it. Before it's diet it weighed exactly 4105lbs with me in the drivers seat. Car still has power window and navi so it is not completely gutted. I did remove the AC, all sound deadoning and the new drag suspension is a lot lighter than the stock KW coilovers and thick sway bars and stuff like that.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I might be wrong but it sounds like I am tagging 7th gear in the 1/2 mile. What do you guys think?

Old 04-04-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW X5, BMW M Coupe
Long time no see. What makes you venture onto the mb boards? Btw, my friends IRS car did 1.1 60'
Hey hey Ahmad! Hope you are well.

Venturing over here after taking a drive in my friend's W204 C63 AMG. He's looking into making some modifications and that got me curious.

1.1x short time is fantastic from an IRS car!

Last edited by MrBlonde; 04-04-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW X5, BMW M Coupe
Originally Posted by jrcart
I went 1.41 with the car less than 2 weeks in Texas ago and it was closer to optimum but still more than 10% wheel spin. I think the car is good for a 1.25 60ft.
1.41 short time .. I'm loving that, what a monster rig you have there, very tough indeed.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Gotta love rumors lol. Trans is by no means "stock" nor is anyone claiming it is. I have posted a zillion times about the trans being built over the past year or so and the mishap we had with it 1/8 mile testing out at Irwindale last year when trans blew and parts flew into cockpit and broke Steve's foot in a shake down pass which headed us back to the drawing board to have a special scatter shield fabricated(not much room in there), that's no secret but we are not running a Powerglide in it if that is what you or anyone is inferring. I think anyone can click on any of my or Weistec's YouTube videos from the half dozen or so Airstrip events I have participated in over the past 12 months a see and hear me going through the gears while using the factory paddles, or at least going through 6 of them anyhow I don't think I hit 7th in the 1/2 mile and I did not run the CLK at the Michigan Mile.
Thanks for addressing that rumor. So you are running a modified Mercedes trans correct? The rumor was you had a GM trans in it lol. Glad you guys could figure it out. Factory paddles doesn't mean much when you run standalone so figured I'd ask directly from the source than hearing it from the rumor mill.
My CLK weighs just over 3900lbs with me in it we found a way to strip a couple hundred pounds out of it. Before it's diet it weighed exactly 4105lbs with me in the drivers seat. Car still has power window and navi so it is not completely gutted. I did remove the AC, all sound deadoning and the new drag suspension is a lot lighter than the stock KW coilovers and thick sway bars and stuff like that.
Gotcha. So you already have drag suspension nice. Do you swap it out for road course? I still have the KW suspension and stock sway bars with AC and everything else lol.
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Hey hey Ahmad! Hope you are well.

Venturing over here after taking a drive in my friend's W204 C63 AMG. He's looking into making some modifications and that got me curious.

1.1x short time is fantastic from an IRS car!
Thanks I'm doing ok. How's the m coupe? Yea the 63 cars are nice especially when you add a blower!

Yea he has a IS300 and it's crazy fast! He owns a shop here in MD called SRT. I'm sure there's tons of youtube videos of it. I can post one later tonight.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for addressing that rumor. So you are running a modified Mercedes trans correct? The rumor was you had a GM trans in it lol. Glad you guys could figure it out. Factory paddles doesn't mean much when you run standalone so figured I'd ask directly from the source than hearing it from the rumor mill.

Gotcha. So you already have drag suspension nice. Do you swap it out for road course? I still have the KW suspension and stock sway bars with AC and everything else lol.
I have had full drag suspension since about October. When I came out to your event that got rained out last Nov and ended up running at Atco(run this thread is based on) was my first outing with the new suspension and as you can see from he video the suspension was not completely set-up. Made some adjustments and went out a few weeks ago at Texas Motorplex and the suspension was much more dialed in and managed to lay down the 1.41.

As for road racing, I only road race the C BS and SLS BS now. The CLK is a full dedicated drag car which I only use for 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile events and some street use. I do reconnect the front sway bars for the mile events but 1/4 and 1/2 I do not.

I would not call my car gutted by any means but I would be lying if I called it a full interior. I still run all the carpet, headliner, Navi and radio, power window and door locks. The two biggest items I stripped was AC and the side airbags. If I wanted to go full race with it there would be no carpet, no headliner, no air bags, no navi, no power windows/locks and polycarbonate windows all the way around.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I have had full drag suspension since about October. When I came out to your event that got rained out last Nov and ended up running at Atco(run this thread is based on) was my first outing with the new suspension and as you can see from he video the suspension was not completely set-up. Made some adjustments and went out a few weeks ago at Texas Motorplex and the suspension was much more dialed in and managed to lay down the 1.41.

As for road racing, I only road race the C BS and SLS BS now. The CLK is a full dedicated drag car which I only use for 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile events and some street use. I do reconnect the front sway bars for the mile events but 1/4 and 1/2 I do not.

I would not call my car gutted by any means but I would be lying if I called it a full interior. I still run all the carpet, headliner, Navi and radio, power window and door locks. The two biggest items I stripped was AC and the side airbags. If I wanted to go full race with it there would be no carpet, no headliner, no air bags, no navi, no power windows/locks and polycarbonate windows all the way around.
I never said your car was gutted but I wouldn't call it a heavy pig either. There's no doubt Weistec has built an absolute monster (actually a few but this is the pinnacle)! Yea you could definitely gut the car and go much faster. Honestly I enjoy watching you and Weistec push the limits. I know there's alot more left in your car. Competition is good. Without it we'd all be driving 11 second cars or whatever we though was fast a few years ago. It's going to take me a while to catch up if I even keep the car lol. Right now I'm competing with myself to be the first 55 in the 9s. I keep debating whether I should try to do it full weight as tuning is out of my hands and I don't like depending on other people. I can take weight out and lower fuel pressure through the fpr and run 9s this weekend. But I like a challenge! Good luck to you and Weistec and can't wait for you guys to take the record from the Renntech SLR that noone knows what it had. Very suspicious how every one of their passes that day went quicker and quicker but they don't wanna talk so I guess we will never know for sure. Logic would say there was an additional power adder but good luck getting anyone to admit to that. It's liek a super secret. Although I did see an SLR that looks the exact same in someones garage wrecked in PA. Maybe that's why we never saw anything more out of it
Old 04-04-2014, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Still not a light weight.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
I might be wrong but it sounds like I am tagging 7th gear in the 1/2 mile. What do you guys think?

Weistec S3 CLK 63 Black Series VS Twin Turbo C6 Z06 - YouTube
Whoa! Its a good thing your car has at least 500lbs over the Vette.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Wow that's heavy
Old 04-04-2014, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never said your car was gutted but I wouldn't call it a heavy pig either. There's no doubt Weistec has built an absolute monster (actually a few but this is the pinnacle)! Yea you could definitely gut the car and go much faster. Honestly I enjoy watching you and Weistec push the limits. I know there's alot more left in your car. Competition is good. Without it we'd all be driving 11 second cars or whatever we though was fast a few years ago. It's going to take me a while to catch up if I even keep the car lol. Right now I'm competing with myself to be the first 55 in the 9s. I keep debating whether I should try to do it full weight as tuning is out of my hands and I don't like depending on other people. I can take weight out and lower fuel pressure through the fpr and run 9s this weekend. But I like a challenge! Good luck to you and Weistec and can't wait for you guys to take the record from the Renntech SLR that noone knows what it had. Very suspicious how every one of their passes that day went quicker and quicker but they don't wanna talk so I guess we will never know for sure. Logic would say there was an additional power adder but good luck getting anyone to admit to that. It's liek a super secret. Although I did see an SLR that looks the exact same in someones garage wrecked in PA. Maybe that's why we never saw anything more out of it
That SLR is wrecked and they were spraying the crap out of it. Long story short an ex Renntech employee/technician is now in the domestic tuning arena and works on a good friends 1000 hp ZR1 and confirmed the spray and the car being totaled.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
That SLR is wrecked and they were spraying the crap out of it. Long story short an ex Renntech employee/technician is now in the domestic tuning arena and works on a good friends 1000 hp ZR1 and confirmed the spray and the car being totaled.
I called it the day I saw it drop so much time so quickly. It was obvious but they denied it. Good to know the truth is finally out! The former owner is super rich. So you are the quickest off spray and soon to be quickest period I saw it in a garage in PA. I was like damn that car looks JUST like the renntech car