C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Picked my new DD up, M3, C63, Mustang GT 5.0. :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 06:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JBs C63 PP( wifes car ), Mc Laren Pxx(toy), 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 ( DD ), ML 6.3 ( winter DD )...
Picked my new DD up, M3, C63, Mustang GT 5.0. :-)

Ive realized Ive posted in the wrong section, so heres the right section :-)

Eventhough it is not very common to crossshop between these 3, Ive did it...you know I think it that way...

We are here to have fun and no brand borders gonna stop us, right?

I tested all of them on a racetrack close to my hometown...all 3 were available at once well

only left to say is:

Yes Ive done it...and she is a freaking blast :-)

Heres the walkaround!!!!

Geeez what a beast!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Enjoy in good health.

I've said the best I could. lol.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
That's about what I cross-shopped too with the E60 M5 thrown in there too, only I was looking for a Boss 302. They didn't have any Bosses so they "made me" drive a Roush RS3. That thing was crazy and the only other car that I considered other than the C63. Ultimately 4 doors and a quieter cabin for long trips won. But the sound of the exhaust and the feel of the manual gearbox were great in that mustang. Quick as hell too.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Those new 5.0's are no joke!!
Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Considering how pleased you sound about the car in the videos, I think you made the best decision for you.

There may be others that disagree with your choice but personally, when buying a car, I believe that you need to buy the one that makes you happy (as opposed to just buying the one that other enthusiasts/reviewers say is the best).

Enjoy it!
Old 12-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Originally Posted by zibby43
Considering how pleased you sound about the car in the videos, I think you made the best decision for you.

There may be others that disagree with your choice but personally, when buying a car, I believe that you need to buy the one that makes you happy (as opposed to just buying the one that other enthusiasts/reviewers say is the best).

Enjoy it!
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
Congrats on the new pickup. Like the others said, you have to buy what makes you happy.

Now, what are the plans for the car??
Old 12-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
That 5.0 Coyote motor is VERY potent! Enjoy modding that thing, I believe they are getting into the low 10's at the 1/4 with just a tune and drag radials!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:35 PM

JBs C63 PP( wifes car ), Mc Laren Pxx(toy), 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 ( DD ), ML 6.3 ( winter DD )...
Thank you guys!
Yeah these new 5.0s are no joke anymore.
Im really impressed and as some of you stated cant await to slap that super charger on :-)

Anyone checked out the 2015s GTs?
I think thats the badest idea Ford ever had...it looks like a fusion...OUCH!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by vsix
Thank you guys!
Yeah these new 5.0s are no joke anymore.
Im really impressed and as some of you stated cant await to slap that super charger on :-)

Anyone checked out the 2015s GTs?
I think thats the badest idea Ford ever had...it looks like a fusion...OUCH!

I woulda waited for a '15....

\

Last edited by callmiro; 12-13-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by callmiro
I woulda waited for a '15....

\
I dont like it....as I said...it looks like a ford fusion. I wouldnt call it Mustang, I would name this thing Falcon, yeah great name!

Now serious, with this design sh... Hit the fan. Why on earth did they had to loose the retro-futuristic design?
Old 12-14-2013, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
I dont like it....as I said...it looks like a ford fusion. I wouldnt call it Mustang, I would name this thing Falcon, yeah great name!

Now serious, with this design sh... Hit the fan. Why on earth did they had to loose the retro-futuristic design?

Probably because that design was stale and overdone. We get the nod to heritage and that's been done for the last 7 years.....time for an update and a nod to the future with a new platform and design direction. The Stang shouldn't be pigeonholed as just a modern muscle car. It should be out there as a global contender and a true competitive sports car.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:40 AM

Probably because that design was stale and overdone. We get the nod to heritage and that's been done for the last 7 years.....time for an update and a nod to the future with a new platform and design direction. The Stang shouldn't be pigeonholed as just a modern muscle car. It should be out there as a global contender and a true competitive sports car.

All fine and good but Im not feeling any of it, as well as the majority of potencial enthusiasts hence customers. I dont think Ford will be successful with the 2015s.
lol to 300 HP eco boozd!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
All fine and good but Im not feeling any of it, as well as the majority of potencial enthusiasts hence customers. I dont think Ford will be successful with the 2015s.
lol to 300 HP eco boozd!

I hear ya...it is a step in a different direction for sure....

But I think when you take the Coyote 5.0 and upgrade it now with an independent rear suspension and all the other goodies, up opens up the door to now add it in the consideration set against the European coupes....

I think it takes leaps forward over the Camaro and Challenger
Old 12-14-2013, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
lol to 300 HP eco boozd!
I'm feeling it.

The design of the 2015 Mustang is one of reasons why I'm considering that platform for the first time.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:18 PM

I hear ya...it is a step in a different direction for sure....

But I think when you take the Coyote 5.0 and upgrade it now with an independent rear suspension and all the other goodies, up opens up the door to now add it in the consideration set against the European coupes....

I think it takes leaps forward over the Camaro and Challenger
Totally understandable but I dont think it will be a hit, as the europeans still lead and even Ford puts an IRS in an new designed body...people still stay with what is known to be the benchmark. The crowd nowadays doesnt just run when a new product raises, they got very suspicious....and might consider C63 or M3 over a brand new 2015 mustang. Well thats my honest oppinion.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:57 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 C63
Car & Driver. it is not just a magazine. I have tracked my car fives times since June of the is year and there are a lot of Mustangs and Camaros out there each time. From what I have seen only the track INSTRUCTORS in their Boss 302's are faster than me and my C63. I am proficient but no highly trained expert. In fact the two Mustang owners were my instructors when I was at the Novice level at that track. They are STILL faster than me . . . but I have pushed 5.0's, 302's, and Shelby GT 500's out of the way 'cuz the driver wasn't pushing it.

Today I was runnin' neck and neck with an M3. Don't know his mods if any. If he was in front then he couldn't get away from me. If I was in front then I couldn't get away from him. Fun, fun, fun.

Our cars hang pretty good. A bit heavy though. Turn in and hitting the apex can be inefficient as we are fighting with Newton's First Law of Motion. Last time I was chasing an Aston Martin. Turned out one of the instructor's was driving the students car. He hit great lines but still yielded because he wanted to teach the track and not race me. But when he was going for it I was there with him.

So just to be clear, this is a documentary of our car. I took a guest rider out today and he was giddy over "this thing eats up everything in front of us." Well, not everything.

Today Billy (Instructor) in his 520 bhp Pontiac GTO needed to be waved by. Afterwards he spoke about how I slowly walked on him in the straights but he was better in the corners. I waved him by - because it is Car & Driver. His total package was better.

So you guys, get out there and tear it up. BTW, absolutely BEAUTIFUL Mustang OP. Now go beat a C63 if you can.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
Car & Driver. it is not just a magazine. I have tracked my car fives times since June of the is year and there are a lot of Mustangs and Camaros out there each time. From what I have seen only the track INSTRUCTORS in their Boss 302's are faster than me and my C63. I am proficient but no highly trained expert. In fact the two Mustang owners were my instructors when I was at the Novice level at that track. They are STILL faster than me . . . but I have pushed 5.0's, 302's, and Shelby GT 500's out of the way 'cuz the driver wasn't pushing it.

Today I was runnin' neck and neck with an M3. Don't know his mods if any. If he was in front then he couldn't get away from me. If I was in front then I couldn't get away from him. Fun, fun, fun.

Our cars hang pretty good. A bit heavy though. Turn in and hitting the apex can be inefficient as we are fighting with Newton's First Law of Motion. Last time I was chasing an Aston Martin. Turned out one of the instructor's was driving the students car. He hit great lines but still yielded because he wanted to teach the track and not race me. But when he was going for it I was there with him.

So just to be clear, this is a documentary of our car. I took a guest rider out today and he was giddy over "this thing eats up everything in front of us." Well, not everything.

Today Billy (Instructor) in his 520 bhp Pontiac GTO needed to be waved by. Afterwards he spoke about how I slowly walked on him in the straights but he was better in the corners. I waved him by - because it is Car & Driver. His total package was better.

So you guys, get out there and tear it up. BTW, absolutely BEAUTIFUL Mustang OP. Now go beat a C63 if you can.
I really have a hard time believing you, that you walked an instructors 520 HP GTO on straights, let alone your statement of the corners.
I testet all and none could really take a 520HP car...unless you havent done mods I cant believe that...

My track cars were all three bone stock. Compared stock against stock.

Sure and I give you there total support, if you push over 500 HP an "ordinary" 5.0 will have a hard time coming close to you but beeing on your stock 457 or 470s depending on package, you very fast realize how similiar times of these three are....and as seen on my experience wich car is capable of proper track usage.

I had issues with the M3 as well as the C63, both were having overheating problems, I shot the breaks and steering on the M3 and got smoke coming out of the engine bay. Ironically the C63 went into limp mode, blowing smoke out of the engine bay.

Even that happened to me, this wasnt still my deal breaker as these europeans are great sophisticated finest german engineerig art and things can happen :-)
Just saying:
I push cars down the race track and Im doing it proper...so stuff can happen.

Anyway the Mustang held strong till the end considering the 2 previous went down south in the very first warm up lap.
Its the truth and overall the package let me tend more to the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 then to others, they are still great cars and no one fails getting themself one over the other.
Im an expierienced car enthusiast and track all of my cars, regilary and therefore my needs are maybe set on a different level then of an weekend warrior or even an semi pro.
All cars have their advantages and disadventages over the other.

I made for me the best decision.
With this said, if you want an C63 or M3 or 2013 Mustang GT 5.0. DO IT!
None of them are bad, so to say just different animals and no matter what car you choose as long as your happy, everything is fine.

Oh and an update occured...the dealer called me about the smoke out of the engine bay of the C63, an headbolt issue basically hit the engine and forced the car into limp mode.
Like I said...prolly pushed it to hard and things can happen.

Last edited by vsix; 12-15-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
I really have a hard time believing you, that you walked an instructors 520 HP GTO on straights, let alone your statement of the corners.
I testet all and none could really take a 520HP car...unless you havent done mods I cant believe that...

My track cars were all three bone stock. Compared stock against stock.

Sure and I give you there total support, if you push over 500 HP an "ordinary" 5.0 will have a hard time coming close to you but beeing on your stock 457 or 470s depending on package, you very fast realize how similiar times of these three are....and as seen on my experience wich car is capable of proper track usage.

I had issues with the M3 as well as the C63, both were having overheating problems, I shot the breaks and steering on the M3 and got smoke coming out of the engine bay. Ironically the C63 went into limp mode, blowing smoke out of the engine bay.

Even that happened to me, this wasnt still my deal breaker as these europeans are great sophisticated finest german engineerig art and things can happen :-)
Just saying:
I push cars down the race track and Im doing it proper...so stuff can happen.

Anyway the Mustang held strong till the end considering the 2 previous went down south in the very first warm up lap.
Its the truth and overall the package let me tend more to the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 then to others, they are still great cars and no one fails getting themself one over the other.
Im an expierienced car enthusiast and track all of my cars, regilary and therefore my needs are maybe set on a different level then of an weekend warrior or even an semi pro.
All cars have their advantages and disadventages over the other.

I made for me the best decision.
With this said, if you want an C63 or M3 or 2013 Mustang GT 5.0. DO IT!
None of them are bad, so to say just different animals and no matter what car you choose as long as your happy, everything is fine.

Oh and an update occured...the dealer called me about the smoke out of the engine bay of the C63, an headbolt issue basically hit the engine and forced the car into limp mode.
Like I said...prolly pushed it to hard and things can happen.
What model year was the C63 you test drove?
Old 12-15-2013, 01:43 PM

What model year was the C63 you test drove?
It was a C63 MY 2010

as for the others:

M3 E92 MY 2012

Mustang GT 5.0 MY 2013
Old 12-15-2013, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
It was a C63 MY 2010

as for the others:

M3 E92 MY 2012

Mustang GT 5.0 MY 2013
Cool thanks.

I think you would've enjoyed a '12, '13, or '14 C63 a bit more than the '10. The pre-2012 cars are great, but starting in 2012 with the face-lift/LCI, the C63 got some major suspension upgrades as well as the MCT transmission.

Oh, they addressed the headbolt issue during the LCI as well, I believe. And beefed up the engine cooling to an extent.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:43 PM

Cool thanks.

I think you would've enjoyed a '12, '13, or '14 C63 a bit more than the '10. The pre-2012 cars are great, but starting in 2012 with the face-lift/LCI, the C63 got some major suspension upgrades as well as the MCT transmission.

Oh, they addressed the headbolt issue during the LCI as well, I believe. And beefed up the engine cooling to an extent.
Your welcome.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 C63
I really have a hard time believing you, that you walked an instructors 520 HP GTO on straights
First, it was his words, not mine. He was behind me on the longest straight away and that is what he said as we hung out after that session.

Our Eurocharged cars are rated at 540 bhp. So why wouldn't I (we) slowly put some distance between a 520 bhp GTO?

Anyway, seeing is believing. Feel free to come out to the track and see for yourself. Bring your car and a helmet and have some fun with us.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
I think every car enthusiast should, at one time in their lives, own a muscle car or pony car. I had the privilege of owning two, a 99 GT and an '05 GT. I have a feeling it may be three as I love the 2015. It was time to eschew the retro thing.

When I got my 05 GT, it was like driving a Ferrari. I picked it up April 17, 2005. Anyone know why I remember the date or the significance of it? Anyways, early to mid April in Ottawa, the first batch and I was chased down, by young and old, men, women, grandparents. Parking the car was like parking a Veyron and I am not exaggerating. The hysteria and popularity of this car was unbelievable. Thumbs up everywhere and proceedingto listen at every other light of some old man talking about his '70 BOSS was awesome.

This new Mustang is a surefire home run. It has even the elitist Benz drivers salivating! Just for old time's sake...

Old 12-18-2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by coladin
I think every car enthusiast should, at one time in their lives, own a muscle car or pony car. I had the privilege of owning two, a 99 GT and an '05 GT. I have a feeling it may be three as I love the 2015. It was time to eschew the retro thing.

When I got my 05 GT, it was like driving a Ferrari. I picked it up April 17, 2005. Anyone know why I remember the date or the significance of it? Anyways, early to mid April in Ottawa, the first batch and I was chased down, by young and old, men, women, grandparents. Parking the car was like parking a Veyron and I am not exaggerating. The hysteria and popularity of this car was unbelievable. Thumbs up everywhere and proceedingto listen at every other light of some old man talking about his '70 BOSS was awesome.

This new Mustang is a surefire home run. It has even the elitist Benz drivers salivating! Just for old time's sake...

Wonderful story!

Thank you very much for sharing :-)

Heres a shot of mine :-)
Attached Thumbnails Picked my new DD up, M3, C63, Mustang GT 5.0. :-)-image.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked my new DD up, M3, C63, Mustang GT 5.0. :-)