C63 or GTR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by Z63amg
Are you seriously comparing a Lamborghini to a C63? Are you those types that pretend your on that same level? Are you really comparing a car that costs 220k+ to a 63-85k car? Also you may want to read up on your facts about Audi R8 vs a Gallardo, engine block is the about the same and that's about it. I love how you try to "rationalize" how a C63 is more dependable and better then a Gallardo. Exoticas aren't meant to be dependable like a nissan or Honda and people who can afford them don't give a ****. Listen tell yourself what ever you need to say to try to make yourself on the same level as an exotica but your not. People like you who pretend to be on that same level are seriously sad. Also by the ways I live in both Miami and Boston and if I pulled up in my C63 in some valets asking for a front spot I would get laughed at. Hell I see so many C63's and M3's around Boston because of all the private college students here. When I bought my C63 I was comparing it to a FORD Shelby GT500 not to a exotica. But for your sake we will compare them to Lamborghinis lol....
honestly I lost a little respect for lambo when I found out they did what everyone else did...Sold out...Seriously for an "exotic" car company thats been around for what 70+ yrs? Why the hell do they need Audi? ferrari and all those other car companies are still owned by the same people they always have been...and no i never said the C63 is on the same level as the lambo look wise...performence wise...Uhh yeah of course they are close-ish ..theres a few videos on youtube of gallardos getting stomped by C63s..for 225k though I'd rather keep my benz then have a lambo thats in the shop all the time...Lambos look sick and all but they need to fix their mechanics...for a tractor company thats been around for aslong as they have they shouldn't be falling apart.

Btw I'm not talking about "LP this or LP that" lambos ...I'm talking a base stock gallardo...not one thats a special edition

Edit: So it turns out Lambo is owned by volkswagon, which owns Audi.

So much for that 225k eh? Theres a bunch of other videos too...So what one would you take? the lambo for looks or the benz for power? For 225k or whatever they cost...it BETTER smoke a C63 or any AMG for that matter...could you imagine how embarrassing that would be to pull up a red light in your lambo with a chick in the passenger seat and then you get smoked by a 4 door sedan that costs 150k less? I'd take the lambo back and go buy an AMG..who cares about what everyone thinks "oh sick lambo man" who wants that crap anyways? I wouldn't want people constantly begging me...it's annoying as **** and about realiability ...Yeah totally because if you make 5M a year just throwing money out the window is sooo smart ..who the hell owns a car that is always breaking down? I wouldn't want that garbage...so pointless "hey joe lets spend 225k on this lambo thats gonna fall apart in 2 months" because totally dumping money into a depreciating asset is the best financial advice anyone can give

Last edited by avery.whss; 12-19-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:01 PM

Location: On a oil lease cracking rock to recover glorious sour oil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modded 2010 Harley Edition F-450 and a '13 S5
Ferrari hasn't been owned by "Ferrari" In quiet some time. They are wholly owned by Fiat.

Lambo has been in and out of receivership for decades. So Audi/VAG don't need them. Lambo needs Audi/VAG.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:44 PM

C63 GT3RS F800R
If I remember correctly Lamborghini was previously owned by chrystler for some time.
It's funny all these expensive car companies are owned by everyday car companies, in the end everyday cars sell a hell lot more.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 Coupe
I am not a fan of of most Italian marques, but the same can be said about C63s with respect to cost/performance versus other less expensive cars. If all you care about is performance it can be had for less than eighty thousand.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:43 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by propain
This thread is a joke right? This kid is just trolling.
X2

The only thing I can think of when someone below 18 claims to have a business is wow how do you operate it? Anyone under 18 is not an adult thus can back out of any contract they sign, how do you do a business deal with someone who can legally just walk away without recourse?

All these young kids under 25-27 here are all parents $ in one way or shape. The ether have rich parents that pay them at their own company. They either have rich parents who simply pay for everything and don't really care (afluenza). Or the parents provided financial backing to help them get started.

Nothing wrong with this, but I I would feel as a parent I failed if I gave any of my sub 18 year olds a car with more than 300HP. I remember being at the AMG driving school watching people try and control basic oversteer, it was amazing how these folks were over inflating their driving skill before, not saying I am 100% perfect I still mess up once in a while on the edge and thats why I don't screw around like I would on a track vs the street. But driving is a lot about experience and practice, things that any driving for less than 4-5 year won't have, I don't care if its oversteer control or not but basic real world judgment.

And driving a car like the C63 is not fair on the road to the other cars, it makes you want to drive faster and weave in and out of traffic, it takes maturity to realize that you shouldn't. Plus the other drivers I have noticed drive more aggressively around you when I am driving the C63. I just had a friend of mine trade in his big 4 door pickup truck for an audi, his first comment was how aggressively people drive around vs when he was in his truck people would stay away.
The following users liked this post:
Yoshi Tanaka (08-30-2022)
Old 12-19-2013, 05:50 PM

CLK 63 AMG
Where some have offered more practical alternatives and spent time explaining why those suggestions have merit, I prefer to stay within the limits of your original querry...MB or Nissan.

I have a great affinity for both cars but ultimately must try to decide for you...as I have no such choice myself, nor successful business or even parental blessing to enjoy the trappings of what I do earn. I do, however, know a bit about regret. To that point, I have only one observation to offer:

The two MB automobiles I own have provided me a greater extent of control than any other cars I have experienced before them. Traction controls, performance limitations and other "sensible" functions are left to the disgretion of the driver/buyer to manage, rather than the manufacturer.

I for one support the notion of leaving as much control to the driver as possible. One should be able to disengage his traction control, to request manufacturer top speed delimitation...indeed to be free of the annoyance of a seat belt chime. I'm not here to question the value of these limitations...some enhance safety and others the longevity of the automobile itself. My point is that every 16 year old needs to learn a fundamental lesson...one that leads to correct choice and informed decision making. If my experience is any indicator, you will have ample, if not surpassing opportunity to assert your own judgement as owner of the MB product.

It is my understanding, that the GTR affords the driver less autonomy. Power restrictions are tied in to GPS monitoring. Use of track capacity requires proximity to the track... this sounds logical to the adult in me, and certainly to a liability conscious auto maker...but to savor freedom at its finest, to be entrusted with real opportunity to exercise sound decision making, I say the MB product affords the better experience.

I sincerely hope your judgement is better than mine was at your age. Cars will come and go; equipment will always vary with each, and through its differences offer various advantages. The larger picture isn't about today's car...it is about decision making that leads to growth rather than regret.

I hope you enjoy every opportunity youth and wealth can offer, and that in knowing you are among an elite few to have such opportunity, you are not distracted from the lessons that matter most.

Last edited by Redcab; 12-20-2013 at 11:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Yoshi Tanaka (08-30-2022)
Old 12-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
X2

The only thing I can think of when someone below 18 claims to have a business is wow how do you operate it? Anyone under 18 is not an adult thus can back out of any contract they sign, how do you do a business deal with someone who can legally just walk away without recourse?

All these young kids under 25-27 here are all parents $ in one way or shape. The ether have rich parents that pay them at their own company. They either have rich parents who simply pay for everything and don't really care (afluenza). Or the parents provided financial backing to help them get started.

Nothing wrong with this, but I I would feel as a parent I failed if I gave any of my sub 18 year olds a car with more than 300HP. I remember being at the AMG driving school watching people try and control basic oversteer, it was amazing how these folks were over inflating their driving skill before, not saying I am 100% perfect I still mess up once in a while on the edge and thats why I don't screw around like I would on a track vs the street. But driving is a lot about experience and practice, things that any driving for less than 4-5 year won't have, I don't care if its oversteer control or not but basic real world judgment.

And driving a car like the C63 is not fair on the road to the other cars, it makes you want to drive faster and weave in and out of traffic, it takes maturity to realize that you shouldn't. Plus the other drivers I have noticed drive more aggressively around you when I am driving the C63. I just had a friend of mine trade in his big 4 door pickup truck for an audi, his first comment was how aggressively people drive around vs when he was in his truck people would stay away.
Wrong, Wrong and Wrong...My parents are dirt poor, I help them all the time..they've NEVER handed me $ because they had none to give...infact when I was 16 I worked 3 jobs just to support my mom and sister (my mom can't work) and my dad and mom were divorced and he didn't help out. Sounds like to me that you didn't gain the "hustle" attitude until later in life. Don't hate on self-made people, not everyone is a daddys boy.

Also in the industry I'm in (the tech industry) there are more millionaires under 30 then there is over. Look up allen wong on facebook, or the guys @ liveprofile..they are ALL self-made, No parents $..driving aventadors, all it took was some hard work and dedication and these are just 3 guys, there are thousands of them in the tech industry who made it on their own without parents help,

Look up summly..the kids like 17 and just sold his app for 30 mill, or the kid who owns a few ferraris and he's 12, again..sold his app to some company for a few million, just because a "kid" has a nice car doesn't mean it's daddys money

Last edited by avery.whss; 12-19-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:28 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by avery.whss
Wrong, Wrong and Wrong...My parents are dirt poor, I help them all the time..they've NEVER handed me $ because they had none to give...infact when I was 16 I worked 3 jobs just to support my mom and sister (my mom can't work) and my dad and mom were divorced and he didn't help out. Sounds like to me that you didn't gain the "hustle" attitude until later in life. Don't hate on self-made people, not everyone is a daddys boy.

Also in the industry I'm in (the tech industry) there are more millionaires under 30 then there is over. Look up allen wong on facebook, or the guys @ liveprofile..they are ALL self-made, No parents $..driving aventadors, all it took was some hard work and dedication and these are just 3 guys, there are thousands of them in the tech industry who made it on their own without parents help,

Look up summly..the kids like 17 and just sold his app for 30 mill, or the kid who owns a few ferraris and he's 12, again..sold his app to some company for a few million, just because a "kid" has a nice car doesn't mean it's daddys money
I was on board until you referenced a 12 year old with several Ferraris.......
Old 12-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by KIS007
I was on board until you referenced a 12 year old with several Ferraris.......

you've never heard of him?

here's another,

you don't need millions of dollars to make popular apps either, I know because I fund app developers, who knows what the OP does but he's in the tech industry and by the way he talks he probably is legit.

Last edited by avery.whss; 12-19-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 C250
Originally Posted by YICS NZ
So its not the 'sports' cars fault but the driver..

I see most of the high performance cars cruising around on public roads in a respective manner. No speeding tickets no burning rubbers no hard pulls watsoever.

Wat frightens me is that its always those 90s airbagless honda civic subaru impreza etc got smashed with teenages in an accident.
however theoretical and improbable, truth lies in the real world
Old 12-19-2013, 07:14 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
I am not questioning the existence of the 12 year old with the Ferraris, rather the wisdom of his legal guardians in allowing that to happen.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:32 PM

2010 Prius :)
I don't believe a majority of these threads anymore. I've been on these auto forums for years and years and I can't even count how many of these threads I've seen. The OPs od these threads usually disappear, never to be heard from again.

I don't really care if the OP is legit or not. At least the tread will be somewhat entertaining for a while
Old 12-20-2013, 12:29 AM

2007 ML63 AMG
Troll or no troll, this thread has actually been informative in helping me think further about my first world problem, which is this: do I take the supercharger off of my 04 escalade before letting my 16 year old use it as a dd when she gets her license soon.

My initial thought was like most, which was "of course you idiot, she can't handle 500 hp!". But then I started wondering if maybe the extra hp may actually bail her out of some early mistakes that new drivers make, such as trying to pass on a undivided highway with oncoming traffic not far enough away, or pulling onto a freeway with not enough gap, or not being in the correct lane with a desired offramp approaching. You know, the type of screw ups that extra horsepower can bail you out of!

Plus, I don't want her driving with 16 year old lads. When I was 16, I remember trying to be Mario Andretti in my dads 1973 Country Squire station wagon Lol! So if she has some wheels of her own she won't have to!

Plus I want her in a big tank! My neighbors daughter was killed last year by a drunk driver riding with her boyfriend in a civic.

For now I am stuck on being a helicopter parent and driving her everywhere instead.

OP - maybe a G Wagon?

Last edited by scyukon; 12-20-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM

CLK 63 AMG
The OP never gave indication he lacked the maturity to own a powerful car, indeed, aviation and business management skillsets suggest he is more an exception than the norm when it comes to making decisions as a young person.

The sidetrack this thread has taken is interesting though. What serves a young person of means better: limitation of choice and a car with less power, or indulgeance, with opportunity few experience, to live and learn at the wheel of a superlative automobile?

I say a 16 year old can kill himself more easily in a Ford Focus than a MB C63. While the debate will surely rage as to crash survivability vs tendency to drive irresposibly, I say what is at issue here is the driver's attitude.

A typical young person, such as I was, should be denied the free reign of a 500HP motor because he is still questioning how high is up...how fast is fast and who can I impress... but it would be wrong to assume this typical immaturity of the OP. He has a legitimate expectation of a profound car...through his achievement academically as well as financially. The parenting/advising model to follow is anything but typical in my opinion.

If he runs a company, tech or otherwise, employees and customers depend upon his decision making. Given an "easy road" option, he has chosen to apply himself to his studies and earn good grades. Such judgement earns opportunity in my opinion. To deny such is to truly plant the seeds of discontent...to call to question the path of achievement that has left the OP respecting his parents and in fact the MB community with his well spoken forum participation. Don't deny that which is earned. Maturity takes time to develop, but even a 16 year old can keenly spot a double standard.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 S Cab, Previous Maserati Granturismo Sport and E550 Cab
Once again OP don't mention your age in any post. I't almost comes off as bragging. Most of the people on this forum are over 25. Do you think anyone is going to like a 16 year old kid that has the same car as them? And this is coming from a 20 year old that use to make the same threads as you at 16 on BMW forums...

Last edited by Barca93; 12-20-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Well really at 16+ you have no idea of what you want as seen in the previous pages. You seem to have the money so just buy one and in 16 year old style after 2 weeks trade it in on the other and start life from there. Remember you are ballin so what is a couple thousand here or there it is only money, there must be an App out there to fund your way of life. Safe Driving
Old 12-21-2013, 01:13 PM

2010 CL550 loaded
GTR

Having owned both 2009 GTR and 2012 C63 coupe, I will answer the question.
GTR all the way, they both ride like crap,they both are fast. The GTR is light years ahead of the AMG c63 speed wise, safely ,Statius and in my opinion looks wise . Traded my GTR in 2012 Dec on the C63. Big mistake. Still wish I had the GTR and traded the c63 in on a CL550. Resale value of the GTR is one of the BEST Cars not named Ferrari . Hands down get the GTR .
Old 12-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Banned

S550 on order
you guys also have to remember what the GTR and C63 are...a GTR is a BUILT street RACE CAR...they didn't look at the GTR and say "hmm lets throw a family in the back" like they did with the C63 ...they are in completely different leagues...although the C63 WILL scream way louder then any GTR ever will

Also you have to remember a GTR is one of nissans highest end cars while a C63 is basically a base AMG...I'm sure if you were to compare a top end AMG to GTR the GTR wouldn't stand a chance in any area
Old 12-22-2013, 01:54 AM

12' ML350 4M & 10' E350 4M
G63 would be perfect.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:20 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
X2

Jeez dude, really?? You are just sad if you are gonna hate on people that have money. I am now 26 and don't ask my parents for a single thing. Yes my parents paid my school fees and my university fees but so what?
I must get looked down upon by you because of that?
Old 02-04-2014, 02:18 PM

C63 507
hold on there

Originally Posted by F355C5
Having owned both 2009 GTR and 2012 C63 coupe, I will answer the question.
GTR all the way, they both ride like crap,they both are fast. The GTR is light years ahead of the AMG c63 speed wise, safely ,Statius and in my opinion looks wise . Traded my GTR in 2012 Dec on the C63. Big mistake. Still wish I had the GTR and traded the c63 in on a CL550. Resale value of the GTR is one of the BEST Cars not named Ferrari . Hands down get the GTR .
you are trying to compare apple with orange bro... nobody with a good common car sense would compare these two unless for a track day. try to drive the GTR vs an C63 on a Canadian winter day and you will see the difference.. C63 is built as an every day car which can run electric fast and corners superbly vs GTR is for a street racer meant for bone dry pitches. By the way the interior of the GTR sucks big time for a 100K+ car and you will agree. well it is a Japanese machine after all.

Last edited by shams51; 02-04-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:44 PM

C63
My $.02, I wouldn't buy either. Not because of your age, maturity or experience. Who am I to claim you couldn't handle the horsepower.

I wouldn't buy that nice of a car because of your surroundings. I purchased a nice, brand new, 300ZX to take to college back in '89. After 1 semester at the University, it looked like it was 5 years old. I can't count how many dings it had. It was keyed twice. I had a fraternity brother get sick in it, you get the idea. While you might be the most mature 16/17 year old, you can not count on the rest of your age group for the same maturity level. The majority of 18-20 year old's don't share the same respect for material things, not just cars that you clearly do. If I had it to do over, I would have taken my old car to college and bought a new one after I graduated. But as they say, hindsight is always 20/20

If you don't care about that, buy AMG, more room for the opposite sex.

Last edited by Bodacious; 02-04-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 AM

C63 507 Coupe , Cayman GTS
Originally Posted by Bodacious
My $.02, I wouldn't buy either. Not because of your age, maturity or experience. Who am I to claim you couldn't handle the horsepower.

I wouldn't buy that nice of a car because of your surroundings. I purchased a nice, brand new, 300ZX to take to college back in '89. After 1 semester at the University, it looked like it was 5 years old. I can't count how many dings it had. It was keyed twice. I had a fraternity brother get sick in it, you get the idea. While you might be the most mature 16/17 year old, you can not count on the rest of your age group for the same maturity level. The majority of 18-20 year old's don't share the same respect for material things, not just cars that you clearly do. If I had it to do over, I would have taken my old car to college and bought a new one after I graduated. But as they say, hindsight is always 20/20

If you don't care about that, buy AMG, more room for the opposite sex.

Off topic but I bought a new 1990 300zx twin turbo.
Incredible car in the day.
I bet you loved yours "before the puke and dings"
Old 02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
My first car is a c300 RWD just to get the hang of driving in snow. Its been two years now with no accidents and no tickets, now I'm trading it in for the real thing, C63.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:42 PM

12 M156 C204
Where are you located? I have one 10 gtr modded around 600awhp and one 12 c63 coupe chipped with primary cats and no fi. regarding the interior, I think the gtr is better. reason is because I like the material Nissan is using on the gtr dashboard better than Mercedes. the seats on the c63 looks better but less functional than the gtr one. the gtr seats not only can fit a bigger person but they have better shoulder support. awd vs rwd, gtr drives way better than c63 on snow considering both have LSD and sottozero serie ii. steering accuracy, gtr wins. throttle response, gtr wins. acceleration, awd wins. navigation, c63 wins. sound system, c63 wins. cost of maintenance, c63 wins. mpg gtr wins, gtr has better mpg than the c63 around the town and on the highway. size wise, c63 wins because it is smaller. I only drive coupe, so I won't comment on 4 dr vs 2 dr. gtr does get some attention but it is because many people respect and admire that car.

c63 is a little muscle sounding over steering machine. it is definitely more comfy on the highway. for the same price, same year, same mileage, I will pick the gtr. if you are getting a gtr now, you should go for a 2013/14, otherwise save some money and get the edition c63, call it a comfy monster.

Last edited by aznkuja328; 02-05-2014 at 09:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 or GTR?