Sponsored by:

C63 or GTR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 P30
To the OP.

I would vote for the GTR. At your age it is one hell of a car and I would say maybe a bit more "safe" as it is all wheel drive. But to be honest you cannot go wrong with either the GTR or 507. Both are amazing cars. Just remember to respect the car like you respect your airplanes. You will have a great time. Im 22 years old and also in Canada. Cheers man.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:50 PM

2020 C63S, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, 2018 Nismo GT-R
Originally Posted by YICS NZ
Own a stock GTR n a lightly moded C63 as well as a well moded STi. For me GTR is def a great all rounder for every weather conditions, excellent gear shifting, agile cornering with AWD and man, the acceleration in stock form will out run 90% of moded C63 even BLack series. Its slightly wider than c63 but bcoz of its excellent weight distribution, it feels way smaller. The best part is, there is no need to mod. Everything in GTR is in hormony from its factory.

I let my mum drive the C63, she feels its comforty n easy to go around town. I take the c63 whenever i need to show ppl that im mature enuf (for business purpose).

My wife drives the STi, only reason is bcoz she loves a manual gearbox so she could do rev matching. I drive my STi to ski field if there were more than 2 ppl going together.
Stock GTR isn’t going to outperform a C63 especially not a black series. I’ve raced several C63’s two of them being black series and CLK Black series in my R35 and not only did they outpace it surprisingly they cornered far better despite the weight of the V8. It’s the other way around a C63 will outperform 90% of modded GTR’s. 💁🏻‍♂️
Old 08-30-2022, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by CarHopper
FWIW I love my RS4 for winter duties. If I were you I would split the money into two separate cars. I have a C63 for summer duty and the RS4 for winter and it is perfect. Bought both used in great shape for 1/2 the cost of a new GTR. I would really look into that especially for Canada. I'm in upstate NY.

And don't beat yourself up about the 507. Seriously, don't justify the purchase as being the last one around because in a couple short year(s) the new model C amg will be out and better than a 507. Not to mention you can make a standard c63 into a 507 without too much difficulty from what I understand.

Anywho, look into splitting yourself up over two cars.

Lastly, this forum is actually pretty decent and for the most part drama free. This isn't NASIOC with bickering in literally every thread saying this car is better than this car. People here actually appreciate cars (for the most part) outside of the MB world particularly GTR's which many members here have.
CarHopper That’s true as GTR owner I gravitated towards Mercedes when I finally landed this great job and wanted legit luxury and Performance, I came near trading the GTR in for a used Gallardo as Lamborghini is my ultimate go to dream super car but the payments at close to $2k month I had to sit it out for another minute lol. I’m saving up though and now am considering the 911 Turbo S 💪or pre owned Huracan 💪
Old 08-30-2022, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by DatBenzEh
Hello All!

I'm 16, I have a well paying job, (company actually), I have my student pilot permit (I've soloed and just waiting to turn 17) and I'm looking for my first car. This will be my DD so I need to be able to use it throughout all 4 seasons (Canadian winters tend to be harsh).

I'm stuck between choosing either the GTR or C63 507 Sedan (a distant dealer has one on his lot ready to go).

I was really close to pulling the trigger on the 507 yesterday but my email server was down so I didn't get the final quote and now it's Sunday (dealership's closed). As I was browsing through YouTube, I came upon this video of the GTR: Ken Block Safari Drift - YouTube. It reignited past memories and dreams of getting the GTR and now I can't decide which one to get .

I'd get both, but at my age and in my particular situation, that'd be a stupid investment.

Looking for some feed back on this topic. I know of a lot of you guys own a C63, some a GTR and even few both. I know this is a MB forum, however, please try and be as unbiased as you can . Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I'll just be using the vehicle to drive around the city, go to school, a few meetings, the office and screw around with my friends.

Regards.
Simple. C63 Black Series, or Porsche 911 GTS or GT3. Either will outperform the overhyped gtr and either will hold and increase in collector value better than the gtr. The gtr will be more on par with classic Camaro, Mustang, Trans-Am etc. in terms of future collector value given the tier it falls into where Porsche is just a tier bellow Ferrari in classic value though the Carerra and 918 have changed that now. Porsche will soon join the multi-million dollar value collector car club.