Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by olszowa12
The lip came off with glue?
Close, when they removed my lip a while back and resinsralled a new one, they didn't realize when removing the old tape that:

Old 01-05-2014, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big things
So still no response from ACG? How classy of them
Old 01-05-2014, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DanielleStark
So still no response from ACG? How classy of them
And they know about this latest incident too. I emailed them the latest pictures I just posted here.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Thank you for posting, I was about to drop a sh*t load of money on some custom work I wanted done, but now I'm shopping around for other shops. I'm also replying back to ACG mentioning this post and hope they come on board and rectify the situation for ya.

One thing I do not tolerate is ignorance in doing business. I'm going through that with Microsoft at the moment and it's been over a month and half and talking to 43 people with millions of "Assigned" tickets. lol

Good luck! =)
Old 01-06-2014, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG
Thank you for posting, I was about to drop a sh*t load of money on some custom work I wanted done, but now I'm shopping around for other shops. I'm also replying back to ACG mentioning this post and hope they come on board and rectify the situation for ya.

One thing I do not tolerate is ignorance in doing business. I'm going through that with Microsoft at the moment and it's been over a month and half and talking to 43 people with millions of "Assigned" tickets. lol

Good luck! =)
Just got a response from James to my December 27th email. He was out of the office -- which I knew -- but figured he would get my multiple emails or that someone would tell him what's up -- especially since I just recently got banned from their Instagram page. I reiterated that I made the posts and told him where. And I reiterated my issues and described what I put on these forums.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by Pertplus
They don't call it "Man Diego" for nothing.
First time I've heard that one
Old 01-07-2014, 12:00 PM

MB
Yep says so right on the packaging. I've used those paaaalenty of times without burning through.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Just got a response from James to my December 27th email. He was out of the office -- which I knew -- but figured he would get my multiple emails or that someone would tell him what's up -- especially since I just recently got banned from their Instagram page. I reiterated that I made the posts and told him where. And I reiterated my issues and described what I put on these forums.
Hmmm....in the past month I have been to Vegas twice, a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and southern California and I seemed to be able to retrieve e-mails via my phione and tablet just fine from all those places. I can not beleive in this day and age someone went nearly three weeks without checking their inbox lol.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by jrcart
Hmmm....in the past month I have been to Vegas twice, a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and southern California and I seemed to be able to retrieve e-mails via my phione and tablet just fine from all those places. I can not beleive in this day and age someone went nearly three weeks without checking their inbox lol.

Customer Service over the holidays.....

Last edited by callmiro; 01-07-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 GT3RS F800R
Originally Posted by callmiro
Hahahahahaha lol^
Old 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

But you would at least think that someone would have called or texted him and said "Dude, you might want to check your email or go on the forums...." When James called me, he was very nice and let me say my peace. As I will continue to say, ACG are not some scam artists or shady in anyway that I know of. I made clear to James that as people, I liked him and everyone else at the shop. But that this is about damage to my cars. I told him I didn't want money or anything like that, and he said he knows because he knows that's never something I ask for. And he responded that he always tries to make things right regardless -- which to his credit -- he does. But James and ACG's integrity is not what I am calling into question. It's the ability to start and complete a job correctly and having my car (or any customer's car) leave ACG the same or better shape than when it came in.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by callmiro

Ya, in the business world most customers will cut you some slack on Christmas and New Years but not the entire two week period that falls around the holidays. I know it would not fly with my customers in my business, if I had a customer trying to reach me or my company and nobody got back to them for two weeks I could scratch that account off my list lol.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:31 PM

2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Ya, in the business world most customers will cut you some slack on Christmas and New Years but not the entire two week period that falls around the holidays. I know it would not fly with my customers in my business, if I had a customer trying to reach me or my company and nobody got back to them for two weeks I could scratch that account off my list lol.
Sadly in the car world, shops forget theyre only as good as their customer service. One of the highest end shops here in VA closed down because of their lack in customer support, oh and they were a rip off but that didn't stop people untill they stopped caring about their customers. Eurocharged here in DC answers my texts literally anytime of the day, thats what people want. Sure some slack around the holidays, thats common courtesy but you do always get those customers that don't care or don't celebrate those holidays, so sometimes you need to work around their needs if you want a repeat customer.

To Pert: Kudos for not bashing, which is what people automatically do. I concur on ACG thinking theyre taking the "high" route by not replying here. I would of never thought ACG wasn't up to the task as they were so highly admired on the forums, so thanks for letting everyone know in a mature way. Sadly, personal and business rarely mix well, too much comfort brings on a sense of "it's okay, were friends, he'll cut me some slack".
Old 01-07-2014, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In case anyone thinks my cars are isolated incidents...here are some posts from the BMW forums:

Old 01-08-2014, 07:14 PM

From James @ ACG, "Thank you for the heads up, I have already had conversations with Matt, and will make a forum post shortly."

Looking forward to it.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From James @ ACG, "Thank you for the heads up, I have already had conversations with Matt, and will make a forum post shortly."

Looking forward to it.
Thanks! I sent him and some of the other guys from ACG screen shots from some of the forums over the past couple weeks since this whole thing began. I look forward to the forthcoming response as well.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by msheredy
Yep says so right on the packaging. I've used those paaaalenty of times without burning through.
The response I got when I brought it to Sean's (from ACG) attention was that the paint would have only peeled off if he had used the tool "improperly", by holding it on the bumper too long. And while I have no direct proof that this was the fault of ACG, the circumstantial evidence is pretty convincing:

1) There is no other person/entity, other than ACG, that used that type of tool on my car

2) ACG admitted to using that tool on my car

3) ACG admitted that using that tool improperly on my car could cause the damage that were illustrated in the pictures

4) The person who used that tool on my car was the same person who didn't properly tighten the lugs on my C63 rear wheel, returned my CLS63 to me with an exhaust that was uneven and, on a separate occasion, with the newly installed wheels rubbing my fenders.

Again, this is not a witchhunt. But rather an explanation for why I made this post to begin with, and why I think ACG has been careless on numerous occasions when working on my cars. If you're going to post a thread like this, you better have support to backup your claims, because in the end, it could ruin a business's reputation and even the viability of the business itself. And so, I wanted it to be crystal clear that I have support for my allegations and that I did not post what I did simply to smear anyone's reputation.

But I say this now and will say it forever: IF YOU CANT BE METICULOUS WHEN YOU WORK ON SOMEONE'S CAR, YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS. END OF STORY.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
The response I got when I brought it to Sean's (from ACG) attention was that the paint would have only peeled off if he had used the tool "improperly", by holding it on the bumper too long. And while I have no direct proof that this was the fault of ACG, the circumstantial evidence is pretty convincing:

1) There is no other person/entity, other than ACG, that used that type of tool on my car

2) ACG admitted to using that tool on my car

3) ACG admitted that using that tool improperly on my car could cause the damage that were illustrated in the pictures

4) The person who used that tool on my car was the same person who didn't properly tighten the lugs on my C63 rear wheel, returned my CLS63 to me with an exhaust that was uneven and, on a separate occasion, with the newly installed wheels rubbing my fenders.

Again, this is not a witchhunt. But rather an explanation for why I made this post to begin with, and why I think ACG has been careless on numerous occasions when working on my cars. If you're going to post a thread like this, you better have support to backup your claims, because in the end, it could ruin a business's reputation and even the viability of the business itself. And so, I wanted it to be crystal clear that I have support for my allegations and that I did not post what I did simply to smear anyone's reputation.

But I say this now and will say it forever: IF YOU CANT BE METICULOUS WHEN YOU WORK ON SOMEONE'S CAR, YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS. END OF STORY.
I'm about to get my driver seat redone since these C63's have such high bolster.
I told the shop I expect 100 percent perfect if you can't deliver please don't touch the car. Shop said they will do a perfect job. Granted they explained that stitching is slightly different since the machine is not the same but it's so slight you won't see the difference however he took the time to let me know the leather will look new and slightly off which I understand and am willing to accept. But at least he told me what to expect if he were to take on the task.

I'm happy with the terms and am going to proceed since my cars inside is perfect except for that bottom part of the seat.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:36 PM

Old 01-09-2014, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I now just got word that another attorney in my office who I recommended ACG to, got his B service done there and left with:

- no windshield wiper fluid
- brake pads that were low and apparently never checked
- and a scratched wheel

Make matters worse, the person who dropped him off (who is also from my firm) asked for a quote to get his CTS-V blacked out...and a couple weeks have gone by and no follow up.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:09 AM

I now just got word that another attorney in my office who I recommended ACG to, got his B service done there and left with:

- no windshield wiper fluid
- brake pads that were low and apparently never checked
- and a scratched wheel

Make matters worse, the person who dropped him off (who is also from my firm) asked for a quote to get his CTS-V blacked out...and a couple weeks have gone by and no follow up.
That's awful, props to you for not taking any serious actions against ACG. If it was me I would've made their life a living hell, collect damages, etc... And donate it all.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Im going to chip in here from left field, and try to do so in the spirit of PertPlus's original post.
My only dealings with them has been some parts purchases that went fine and they were knowledgable and friendly and prompt. But obviously we are discussing work they are doing in the shop and thats a whole different story.

I would just say that clearly we have some decent guys here, who have some real quality control issues. I doubt it has always been like that, or they wouldn't have the presence they do. Something has changed there then. I would suggest it could quite possibly be on a personal level, and it has taken focus away from the day to day running of the shop. I don't have any knowledge of their lives or any reason, nor will I speculate, but the possibilities are endless as they certainly have the same issues we all do. Health, marriage, family and on and on and on.
Those are all reasons to turn your world upside down, and then your work suffers. We have all been there in some way or another.

I don't see any reason here for anyone who hasn't dealt with them in the past to give them the benefit of the doubt, but for those of us who have, maybe we just take it on a case by case basis for now but don't throw them under the bus just yet.

Pert - I salute your approach and calm demeanour. To paraphrase the Springfield town motto:

"It embiggens all of us"

Follow your heart on this one P+, cos it sure seems to be in the right place.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 604 C63
Im going to chip in here from left field, and try to do so in the spirit of PertPlus's original post.
My only dealings with them has been some parts purchases that went fine and they were knowledgable and friendly and prompt. But obviously we are discussing work they are doing in the shop and thats a whole different story.

I would just say that clearly we have some decent guys here, who have some real quality control issues. I doubt it has always been like that, or they wouldn't have the presence they do. Something has changed there then. I would suggest it could quite possibly be on a personal level, and it has taken focus away from the day to day running of the shop. I don't have any knowledge of their lives or any reason, nor will I speculate, but the possibilities are endless as they certainly have the same issues we all do. Health, marriage, family and on and on and on.
Those are all reasons to turn your world upside down, and then your work suffers. We have all been there in some way or another.

I don't see any reason here for anyone who hasn't dealt with them in the past to give them the benefit of the doubt, but for those of us who have, maybe we just take it on a case by case basis for now but don't throw them under the bus just yet.

Pert - I salute your approach and calm demeanour. To paraphrase the Springfield town motto:

"It embiggens all of us"

Follow your heart on this one P+, cos it sure seems to be in the right place.
Very well said! And I agree, this is not to throw anyone under the bus. But simply as a cautionary tale. People can go to the same restaurant and have extremely divergent views on the food and service. The same can be said about car shops. I just wanted to make sure I got the word out since I previously had been such a huge public supporter of theirs and wanted to update where I stand today.

Last edited by Pertplus; 01-11-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Very well said! And I agree, this is not to throw anyone under the bus. But simply as a cautionary tale. People can go to the same restaurant and have extremely divergent views on the food and service. The same can be said a kit car shops. I just wanted to make sure I got the word out since I previously had been such a huge public supporter of theirs and wanted to update where I stand today.
I think we get it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Potential ACG Automotive Customers: My Warning to You