C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BerBer63
I think we get it.
No ****.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
well considering he's spent more on mods alone on his few cars over the past 4 yrs than a loaded c63 would cost new, he's a little upset about it lol.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
I havent dealt with ACG much at all and dont know them too well. But the people you deal with are they front office / owners and there are another set of sfaff that actually does the work? cause it almost seems like a classic case of a disconnect on the quality between front and back office members of ACG.

As a business owner myself and with hired staff.... i can tell you it is so difficult to ensure your staff are doing the work to the level you expect them to. you really have to monitor or have an owner back there as well.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

double post

Last edited by Fung63; 01-12-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by bhamg
No ****.
You're the best!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Pertplus,

First, my apologizes for the delayed response. I wanted to make sure an emotional reply was not written. When you see a post of this nature from a long time client you must analyze what was written and try to find the root of the posting.

Pertplus, I would like to thank you for the feedback and patronage you have given ACG over the years. We have never been one to shy away from criticism as it shows where improvements must be made, which allows us to provide and produce a better product to our clientele. ACG as a whole is only as good as the weakest link and we have been making efforts to strengthen these weaknesses over the past year.

Due to human nature, errors do unfortunately occur. No one is ever proud of them and the goal is always to be error free. Being a relatively young company, we have constantly been working on developing our operations and procedure policies as they can always be improved. We now have a check and log system after Pertplus’ original wheel torque mishap that constantly has us noting whenever a wheel is removed so that this ensures each wheel removed is torqued. With Perplus’ assistance we have noticed that the majority of any complaint we have received has revolved around aero and body installations which is not our core business. Having noticed this we have decided to leave the unknown aero and body installs to our local bodyshop that we work closely with on a daily bases.

As for the most recent issue with a Coworkers of Pertplus’ this unfortunately occurred during the holidays while a few of our employee’s volunteered to come in, there is really no excuse for it and the ball was dropped. Regardless of the holidays or not this should not have occurred, but a new vehicle checklist has now been implemented to ensure a safety check is completed and noted with each vehicle.

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss this further my number is always open to everyone. Good luck on your future endeavors Pertplus, I look forward to watching your future builds.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Classy response from James.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
Classy response from James.
I expected nothing less...
Old 01-13-2014, 06:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Originally Posted by James@ACGAutomotive
Pertplus,

First, my apologizes for the delayed response. I wanted to make sure an emotional reply was not written. When you see a post of this nature from a long time client you must analyze what was written and try to find the root of the posting.

Pertplus, I would like to thank you for the feedback and patronage you have given ACG over the years. We have never been one to shy away from criticism as it shows where improvements must be made, which allows us to provide and produce a better product to our clientele. ACG as a whole is only as good as the weakest link and we have been making efforts to strengthen these weaknesses over the past year.

Due to human nature, errors do unfortunately occur. No one is ever proud of them and the goal is always to be error free. Being a relatively young company, we have constantly been working on developing our operations and procedure policies as they can always be improved. We now have a check and log system after Pertplus’ original wheel torque mishap that constantly has us noting whenever a wheel is removed so that this ensures each wheel removed is torqued. With Perplus’ assistance we have noticed that the majority of any complaint we have received has revolved around aero and body installations which is not our core business. Having noticed this we have decided to leave the unknown aero and body installs to our local bodyshop that we work closely with on a daily bases.

As for the most recent issue with a Coworkers of Pertplus’ this unfortunately occurred during the holidays while a few of our employee’s volunteered to come in, there is really no excuse for it and the ball was dropped. Regardless of the holidays or not this should not have occurred, but a new vehicle checklist has now been implemented to ensure a safety check is completed and noted with each vehicle.

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss this further my number is always open to everyone. Good luck on your future endeavors Pertplus, I look forward to watching your future builds.
you seem to have given up on your long time customer
Old 01-13-2014, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nice response for sure

the new 'checks and balance' is always a good gesture to demonstrate learning. However, I am wondering why it all sounds so reactive? A customer like pertplus is not common. I dont know the guy but the average customer that spends wads of cash and finds flaws does not typically do what pertplus did. either they go full flame glory on a forum or they just disappear and just tell all their personal contacts to never use ACG. what this means in the former is that ACG will now have to publicly address a really negative and heated issue or for the later, ACG will never know where they failed

customer survey's.. feedback calls... emails... customer satisfaction scores linked to employees ... are all things that will make ACG more proactive in the business sense. find possible problems and resolve it before you go on a vacation again and boom,... new thread about ACG is created.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
^^ I agree with Fung, Pertplus case is only a small part of ACG problems. Following quality controls at the root (customer feedback after a job is performed) could save a company from loosing a good customer.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Pertplus...I'm sorry for your issues. As a business owner, I feel for James since I have a feeling he is a decent guy. But at the end of the day, the most ethical and constructive thing you can do is recognize the mistakes, own them, and take measures (fire staff, educate staff, new protocols, etc...) so that these mistakes are cut down or eliminated.

I hope your future car mods go more smoothly and I hope ACG becomes a better vendor for your insights.

Disclosure: I've only dealt with ACG (James and Tal) with purchases and they have been truly great in that respect.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by Sidv22
you seem to have given up on your long time customer
I wouldn't say that we've given up on a long time customer, as Matt knows if he needed anything from us I am a simply phone call away. But we also respect that he has found a new home for his mods. If however he ever needed anything we will be here.

Originally Posted by Fung63
nice response for sure

the new 'checks and balance' is always a good gesture to demonstrate learning. However, I am wondering why it all sounds so reactive? A customer like pertplus is not common. I dont know the guy but the average customer that spends wads of cash and finds flaws does not typically do what pertplus did. either they go full flame glory on a forum or they just disappear and just tell all their personal contacts to never use ACG. what this means in the former is that ACG will now have to publicly address a really negative and heated issue or for the later, ACG will never know where they failed

customer survey's.. feedback calls... emails... customer satisfaction scores linked to employees ... are all things that will make ACG more proactive in the business sense. find possible problems and resolve it before you go on a vacation again and boom,... new thread about ACG is created.
To be quite honest we have been working on the check and balance system for a while, we are just continually adjusting it to make improvements. We've had a few turnovers over the course of the last 6-12 months to help provide a better overall product. Finding the right employee's in this industry is always difficult, and as much as I'd love to have eyes on the back at all times it is just impossible. But we have had a few recent hires that will allow us to have much better quality control, along with some major changes to protocol that will help us restore our image back to everyone. I promise you, this will make us stronger and a much better company because of it.

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Pertplus...I'm sorry for your issues. As a business owner, I feel for James since I have a feeling he is a decent guy. But at the end of the day, the most ethical and constructive thing you can do is recognize the mistakes, own them, and take measures (fire staff, educate staff, new protocols, etc...) so that these mistakes are cut down or eliminated.

I hope your future car mods go more smoothly and I hope ACG becomes a better vendor for your insights.

Disclosure: I've only dealt with ACG (James and Tal) with purchases and they have been truly great in that respect.
Thank you Jon.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Safe to say after coming out of my pocket $1500 to fix -- aka repaint -- the debacle on my M5's front bumper, I will be continuing to take my car elsewhere.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Informative