Planning on getting KW V3s...do I need to buy the camber adjust plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Planning on getting KW V3s...do I need to buy the camber adjust plates

I know that MB makes an OEM camber plate kit that you sometimes need to get to align the car. I don't have them installed since when I had my car aligned at the dealer, the advisor said I ended up not needing it.

I know renntech makes a kit too...just curious if this is necessary if I plan on lowering the car with KWs??

Thanks in advance!

BTW, what are the alignment specs front and rear on this car so I can tell the shop I go to?

I did a search and some say they needed the camber bolts, some say they don't...just wanna know if I need to order parts in advance or what to do.
All I have found are specs from others AFTER they have installed the coilovers...most with problems of pulling in one direction, so I wanna know what the recommended specs are (I already did a search).

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Found this...but member AMG didn't listed caster specs??
Old 01-04-2014, 05:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
Yes , get camber plates from KW. If variants do not come with them, buy club sport that do. Talk to KW !
Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Check this post https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...t-problem.html

My advice would be to get the car aligned according to MB spec first (by MB tech). Then based on how the car is driving following the installation of KW see if alignment needs some tweak meaning if you feel it's pulling one way more than the other.
In this case based on your alignment sheet and the knowledge of the roads in your area get whatever camber kit installed to rectify.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:26 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
THE OTHER ALTERNATIVE IS TO FIX IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME (BOTH FRONT AND REAR) WITH K-MAC.

Ex-factory there is only front and rear Toe adjustment for virtually all Mercedes 1968 to current models (and same with Chrysler Crossfire and 300c etc).

We saw the need therefore to manufacture precisely adjustable front Camber and caster bushing kits with twice the adjustment range of these basic one setting offset bolts.

Then for the rear Camber adjuster kits that unlike upper adjustable arms do not move the top of the tire outwards when adjusting to resolve premature inner edge wear which is an important factor to prevent tires scuffing outer fenders if wide profile tires/rims fitted.

Other advantage with K-MAC rear kits - unlike spherical bearings used in these upper arm kits, there is no harsh metal to metal contact and 20 years of proven design - there's certainly no squeaks.

Also all K-MAC rear Camber adjusters include extra Toe adjustment which is essential to compensate accurately for the new Camber facility.

The K-MAC patented design front kits replace the 4 main suspension bushes - the unique design doubles the load bearing area thereby increasing wear life and also steering and braking response.

Similar design is used for the 4 main rear K-MAC bushings.

Result is precise single wrench front and rear (ongoing) adjustment to return vehicle to factory specs to improve traction and resolve costly inner edge tire wear through altering height, fitting wide profile tires, load carrying, curb knock damage and/or the advantage of being able to alter specs on track days.