Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OE TUNING STILL IN BUSINESS??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTS
TUF - Can you give me more details on the 'issues' that started the snowball?

OE do provide the 'standard' tune back to you to use with the flash.

Any Eurocharged customers in Australia?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Being from aus too, I highly recommend people to use local tuners. I've used a over seas tuner once and my ecu came back butchered and less on power, when this tuner held records! Our fuels are different. No offence to oe and I'm sure there are happy customers in aus, but when issues like the op's arise, how do you deal with a company based over seas?
Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 PM

GTS
I read all I could on this forum and found nothing on local tuners.

Id have much rathered use locals but given the ease of use OE offered by the flash tool it was a pretty straight forward decision.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by jrcart
I would put eurocharged on that list and take Kleemann off. Although I have never purchased anything from eurocharged I know people that have and they are pleased with their tunes and customer service. I know Jake and he is a stand up guy, true enthusiest and eurocharged frequents local and national meets and track events.
That's refreshing/encouraging to hear about Eurocharged. Especially from someone like you that has pushed the envelope with respect to the C63 platform and knows what they're talking about. Good stuff.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
I have nothing against OE but like i said they take the money and run
They havernt been on this forum for a long while

Eurocharged are always floating around
Weistec are always online

Heck even velos are online

Us aussies are very limited to tuning capabilities
I wish eurocharged or weistec would have a preferred shop in Melbourne to offer tuning
Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by zibby43
That's refreshing/encouraging to hear about Eurocharged. Especially from someone like you that has pushed the envelope with respect to the C63 platform and knows what they're talking about. Good stuff.
Obviously I am loyal to Weistec and think they are the best tuner(they built me the fastest Mercedes in the world so who can argue) and would tell everyone they should go with Weistec. I have know the eurocharged guys for over six years and even attended some track events they organized years ago. MB tuners have come and gone in that time but they are one of the few still here and still with a good reputation. I have seen lots of shady tuners over the years, even got burned by a couple of them myself but eurocharged is not one of those shady companies.

As for OE/Jeremy, I have know him for over six years as well, met him when he tuned my CLK BS when he was working with Powerchip. I know his relationship with PC went south, the PC sold and the kinda diapeared here in the US, Jeremy started OE and then I heard Jeremy had some immigration status issues and was not being allowed back into the states or something. That was some time ago so not sure what the deal is now. I can not confirm that, but that was what I heard from more than one person.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:09 PM

'12 Mercedes C63 AMG, '09 Mercedes S63 AMG
I have had OE's off the shelf tune using the MyGenius Flash Tool on my car for about 6 months now and have had no issues so far and hopefully none to come. Hearing this though worries me to say the least. I made my decision to go with OE based off all the good feedback and recommendations from other users on here. After the tune there was a huge difference in power; the car feels much stronger, pulls like a train and is just an absolute beast.

The only concern I ever had was sometimes when the car is sitting at idle I can feel the car shaking a little bit, it doesn't happen all the time at idle it seems random, but I have also heard this is normal characteristic of these cars. Other then that the car seems to be running right. I guess I'll have to get it on a dyno sometime to see if everything is really okay, but for now I would recommend OE as I haven't ran into any problems (that is if they are still in business, can't really tell since it seems like they aren't active at all here on the forums or anywhere else.)
Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 PM

GTS
BenzOvr --- That's the exact same thing that mine does... It's weird right.. sometimes it gets a shake as if one of your engine mounts has failed.. but then a split second later it's gone back to normal.

Hey Eurocharged - Would you like to offer a competitive swap over price for us OE guys??
Old 01-20-2014, 11:37 PM

'12 Mercedes C63 AMG, '09 Mercedes S63 AMG
Originally Posted by DialDforDan
BenzOvr --- That's the exact same thing that mine does... It's weird right.. sometimes it gets a shake as if one of your engine mounts has failed.. but then a split second later it's gone back to normal.

Hey Eurocharged - Would you like to offer a competitive swap over price for us OE guys??
Yeah it is pretty weird and worried me a bit, but I did some research on it and have heard quite a few people saying the same thing even on stock non-tuned cars so that kind of relieved me. Also anyone with OE tunes on here know if they have different versions of the tune available like Eurocharged (V1-V4). Just curious if there are any updates available and if there are would there be a way to tell which version I have using the MyGenius Flash tool.

+1 on the competitive swap over price, I would be pretty interested if Eurocharged offered a Worried OE Tuned discount lol

Last edited by BenzOvr; 01-20-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
I had my car tuned by Jeremy himself. He seemed like a great guy. He helped me out before the tune and was very easy to talk to during the tunes he did in Long Island. I was worried that my dealer reset my ECU so I contacted jeremey and he told me I get have it retuned free of charge. Pretty good costumer service if you ask me!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:21 AM

clk 350
Thanks my friend for the reply. Dont you have any idea where can I get that instrument I am in South Africa Gauteng. I would prefer to go direct rather than internet purchase.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:08 AM

09 C63, 11 Cayenne S
EC Canada is one of the best as well. Barry and mike are top notch guys to deal with. Their customer service is impeccable, before and after the tune. I even had a different problem with my car and Barry recommended me to a really cool guy at MB who helped me out big time as well.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
I read all I could on this forum and found nothing on local tuners.

Id have much rathered use locals but given the ease of use OE offered by the flash tool it was a pretty straight forward decision.
You won't find much about local Australia tuners here as this is predominately a US forum.

If you are looking for a local tuner PM me and I can point to half a dozen different options.

Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
Being from aus too, I highly recommend people to use local tuners. I've used a over seas tuner once and my ecu came back butchered and less on power, when this tuner held records! Our fuels are different. No offence to oe and I'm sure there are happy customers in aus, but when issues like the op's arise, how do you deal with a company based over seas?
As you said H, there are happy customers of OE tuning in Australia.

I am one of them. I purchased a MyGenius tool from OE, couldn't get it working properly when I received it (this was a Dimsport issue at the time and all MyGenius customers had this problem), Jeremy would reply to me within hours of every email I sent and was very helpful. He got my tuned files back to me very quickly, and when I went Stage II and put on an exhaust he replied to my email requesting Stage II files and didn't charge me either.
My car has run flawlessly with the OE tune.

Now this does not excuse Jeremy for his lack of service but I believe it is fair for me to share my positive experience of OE tuning the same way people are sharing their negative experiences.

I hope the OP resolves his issues.

Charlie
Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Seems to me that this is a prime opportunity for EC or other tuners to offer up a 35% discount to all owners currently running OE to switch over to their tune.
I bet all who are running OE are a little weary about running the tune with no support from them...
Old 01-21-2014, 09:41 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by mr747
I think eurocharged are put here with the best

They are always floating around this forum

Since last year oe has been very quiet
We are always lurking around lol, and I am pretty sure have the most vendor paid user accounts on this forum! (6)

Originally Posted by Autosport7
I guess I am a little surprised because when I posted new thread requesting some info on tunes, OE came highly recommended by some members of this forum. Some also had some negative comments similar to those I am reading here. Just glad I went with Eurocharged.

I have to say, I have zero regrets about utilizing the Eurocharged tune, that is thus far anyway.
Initial (pre-sale) customer service was outstanding! Following the sale (upon installation of the tune) customer service was still stellar! After installation, customer service is still unreal! A+ vendor with great customer service and a product that has been backed up by the quality and performance promised!
As I have said earlier, no regrets!
Great to hear! We pride ourselves on our post sale customer service, and we are always pushing to make it better!

Originally Posted by Kaiba
EC is the best customer service I've seen in a while..... They sent me a second programmer after I crashed mine , and are still answering my questions uber fast.
And above all , their tune works great !
We are trying our best! Sometimes it's hard as we are tuning all over the world on a daily basis and have to schedule resources accordingly (time zone issues) But, we always try and get back to people as soon as possible!

Originally Posted by SROC276
I am running OE and no problems....been over a year with it on....when I call or email they reply....I was just exchanging emails with customer service there about potentially selling my tunes (5 in total) but they said it was non-transferrable? Guess the locked my programmer and wanted $150 to unlock but tunes could not be transferred so basically useless if I plan to sell it. This exchange was 2 days ago and they responded very quickly...may not be jeremy doing the responding.
The $150 is a dimsport thing (they make the devices) and not something OE is trying to gouge you on. The hardware is vin locked as soon as you use it.

Originally Posted by TUF-C63
Just so you guys know, whilst I had the tune the car ran great. I had no regrets until I had issues, this is when all hell broke loose.

I contacted Jeremy who was in Melbourne (Australia), he was kind enough to fly into Sydney and see my car, I am sure he done some ECU flashes here as well.

My SA allowed Jeremy to play around with the ECU, after he did this the car failed to even start. Jeremy then removed the ECU and took it away for aprrox 10 days. He then returned the ECU and stated that it would be fine! Well the ECU was now fully dead.

I wasted another week waiting for Jeremy to do something, he then had my car towed to an independent Mechanic where he spent two days programming my ECU, the car was then sent back to the dealer and the instructions were for Mercedes to re-program the ECU with their files. They spent three days attempting to recode the ECU.

This whole process wasted 4 weeks of my time, all along I had to hire a car and on top of this I had to pay the dealer for a new ECU and all the labor that was involved in fixing my car.

I know I could have purchased a ECU from the USA, however I was advised that if I did this I would not be warranted anymore by Mercedes. These cars cost over $170,000 here and I did not want to risk anything further by saving a few thousand dollars.
Things do happen, and that has happened to us before. Unfortunate situation for sure and sorry that happened to you.

I would put eurocharged on that list and take Kleemann off. Although I have never purchased anything from eurocharged I know people that have and they are pleased with their tunes and customer service. I know Jake and he is a stand up guy, true enthusiest and eurocharged frequents local and national meets and track events.
Thanks for the kind words Jim. It's always good seeing you and the car and we have the utmost respect for the Weistec folks!

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
+1 on Eurocharged in the US.

A year after communication upgrading to V4 with a handheld purchase. I replied to a thread with Jerry asking if an updated tune is required for a secondary cat delete and he responded in 3 min.

TUF - Can you give me more details on the 'issues' that started the snowball?

OE do provide the 'standard' tune back to you to use with the flash.

Any Eurocharged customers in Australia?
Yes, we have quite a few. We have a dealer there as well.

Obviously I am loyal to Weistec and think they are the best tuner(they built me the fastest Mercedes in the world so who can argue) and would tell everyone they should go with Weistec. I have know the eurocharged guys for over six years and even attended some track events they organized years ago. MB tuners have come and gone in that time but they are one of the few still here and still with a good reputation. I have seen lots of shady tuners over the years, even got burned by a couple of them myself but eurocharged is not one of those shady companies.

As for OE/Jeremy, I have know him for over six years as well, met him when he tuned my CLK BS when he was working with Powerchip. I know his relationship with PC went south, the PC sold and the kinda diapeared here in the US, Jeremy started OE and then I heard Jeremy had some immigration status issues and was not being allowed back into the states or something. That was some time ago so not sure what the deal is now. I can not confirm that, but that was what I heard from more than one person.
Couldn't agree more! This place has surely transformed over the past 6 years.

sure send me a PM and I can take care of you

Originally Posted by BenzOvr
Yeah it is pretty weird and worried me a bit, but I did some research on it and have heard quite a few people saying the same thing even on stock non-tuned cars so that kind of relieved me. Also anyone with OE tunes on here know if they have different versions of the tune available like Eurocharged (V1-V4). Just curious if there are any updates available and if there are would there be a way to tell which version I have using the MyGenius Flash tool.

+1 on the competitive swap over price, I would be pretty interested if Eurocharged offered a Worried OE Tuned discount lol
send me a PM, we can help you. We have been performing a lot of reflashes lately from other tuners.

Originally Posted by jabulehu
Thanks my friend for the reply. Dont you have any idea where can I get that instrument I am in South Africa Gauteng. I would prefer to go direct rather than internet purchase.
We can easily ship one too you. We were the first to bring them to the US market and worked closely with the manufacturer when they were first developing the solution.

Originally Posted by shades
EC Canada is one of the best as well. Barry and mike are top notch guys to deal with. Their customer service is impeccable, before and after the tune. I even had a different problem with my car and Barry recommended me to a really cool guy at MB who helped me out big time as well.
Great to hear! Our canada branch is doing some great things, and has some pretty cool things coming out soon!

Originally Posted by Autosport7
Seems to me that this is a prime opportunity for EC or other tuners to offer up a 35% discount to all owners currently running OE to switch over to their tune.
I bet all who are running OE are a little weary about running the tune with no support from them...
If anyone has any interest just send me a PM and we can chat!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
OE strikes again lol
Old 01-21-2014, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
guess i can cross off OE from the list...
Old 01-21-2014, 06:50 PM

E63 AMG S
i have had an oe tune since about a week post break in period (so, about a year and 2 months by now)...never an issue. after initially paying for the tune, they realized my ECU was too new and didn't have the specs yet to send me out a canned tune. I didn't want to pull my ecu and ship it out, so we coordinated a time when he was coming to NY to do tunes/dynos (coincidentally, was within a couple weeks of our convo)....he ended up giving me a free dyno for the trouble....
Old 01-21-2014, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Guess i'm one of the few that am happy with my OE Tune by Jeremy. I've had 3 tunes done by Jeremy and am happy with the tunes.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Old 01-21-2014, 09:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG Estate
I also vote Eurocharged on the list. for the price/performance/customer service ratio.. I don't think there are many that can compete..my opinion. I know there are "horror" stories for almost every tune company out there since the birth of the car, but as long as they improve and address the issues, which may take time, that's all that matters. I honestly believe EC does just that.

I have the tune on my C63 with the handheld flasher (solid tune with no issues), X5M tune with flasher (had some minor startup issues post flash on the X5 and Jerry was on the phone with me the second I called and he was having dinner with his family. We did some troubleshooting for about 2mins - car has been solid), and the entire Stage 3 for my E55. Their customer service has been a excellent lately. I did a "tune day" last year and all my friends came over for their pulley/tunes and all that for 3x e55's, 1x 335i, 1x cls55, 1x E60 M5, 1x C43, 1x c32, and Jake came over with his son (even though he was very busy) and spent the whole day with us tuning and flashing with Jerry on the phone. None of them have had any problems what so ever since then and we had a blast. I had very minor customer service issues a few years ago, but it was just miscommunication on my end so it wasn't their fault. But Jerry was very quick to make sure I was happy and took care of any concerns I might have had. I can tell you that recently within the past year, they have been stellar! My emails are responded to very quickly, and phones are answered by people. Jerry does answer them very very fast and you have to imagine he gets blown up everyday. kudos to him and EC. As of now, I am very satisfied with them.

Also: My buddy sold his c43 and we were trying to get the tune off, and Jerry said no worries and to keep the tune on the car (which was a good selling point to the new buyer) and that when my buddy got his new car (whenever that is) they would just flash that car as long as they had a tune for it, AT NO EXTRA CHARGE! Come on that is like returning a flash and getting your money back, then buying it again to flash another car!! Which btw, I just found that he did get another car recently and they are trying to flash it Great job EC.

Last edited by BigVic; 01-21-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:21 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
I 2 have a oe tune and have not had any issues but customer service goes along way

And I feel u don't get any of that
Once he gets the money he runs
I am not following you Brad, everytime you wanted a new file you got it. Didn't you take your car to another tuning shop that could not remove your CEL? This is the first we have heard this from you. All please contact our shop directly if you have anything you need resolving.

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Why are you surprised bro? OE, MHP, same deal. It's obvious that this "company" is sketchy and has no business ethics. I have also read some stories about Jeremy stealing his tunes from his ex employer when he launched OE.

Personally, if I wanted a tune I would stick with Renntech, Weistec or Kleeman. Rest is kinda garbage.
MMM, please do your reserch before posting false heresay. Doesn't Weistec have tunes from Powerchip files given to them buy a past employee.

I think eurocharged are put here with the best

They are always floating around this forum

Since last year oe has been very quiet
If you have a question please contact the shop directly for fastest response. It is company policy not to get involved in forum BS.

Originally Posted by TUF-C63
Just so you guys know, whilst I had the tune the car ran great. I had no regrets until I had issues, this is when all hell broke loose.

I contacted Jeremy who was in Melbourne (Australia), he was kind enough to fly into Sydney and see my car, I am sure he done some ECU flashes here as well.

My SA allowed Jeremy to play around with the ECU, after he did this the car failed to even start. Jeremy then removed the ECU and took it away for aprrox 10 days. He then returned the ECU and stated that it would be fine! Well the ECU was now fully dead.

I wasted another week waiting for Jeremy to do something, he then had my car towed to an independent Mechanic where he spent two days programming my ECU, the car was then sent back to the dealer and the instructions were for Mercedes to re-program the ECU with their files. They spent three days attempting to recode the ECU.

This whole process wasted 4 weeks of my time, all along I had to hire a car and on top of this I had to pay the dealer for a new ECU and all the labor that was involved in fixing my car.

I know I could have purchased a ECU from the USA, however I was advised that if I did this I would not be warranted anymore by Mercedes. These cars cost over $170,000 here and I did not want to risk anything further by saving a few thousand dollars.
Please contact our office directly with you proof of purchase and we will gladly address this for you.

I have nothing against OE but like i said they take the money and run
They havernt been on this forum for a long while

Eurocharged are always floating around
Weistec are always online

Heck even velos are online

Us aussies are very limited to tuning capabilities
I wish eurocharged or weistec would have a preferred shop in Melbourne to offer tuning
OE Tuning has a shop that can install your tune in Melbourne but you wanted to go to a shop that specializes in Japanese cars. After this we have not received a followup with any kind of requests.

No immigration issues here, where did you get this information from?

Originally Posted by loungn14
We are always lurking around lol, and I am pretty sure have the most vendor paid user accounts on this forum! (6)

Great to hear! We pride ourselves on our post sale customer service, and we are always pushing to make it better!

We are trying our best! Sometimes it's hard as we are tuning all over the world on a daily basis and have to schedule resources accordingly (time zone issues) But, we always try and get back to people as soon as possible!

The $150 is a dimsport thing (they make the devices) and not something OE is trying to gouge you on. The hardware is vin locked as soon as you use it.

Things do happen, and that has happened to us before. Unfortunate situation for sure and sorry that happened to you.

Thanks for the kind words Jim. It's always good seeing you and the car and we have the utmost respect for the Weistec folks!

Yes, we have quite a few. We have a dealer there as well.

Couldn't agree more! This place has surely transformed over the past 6 years.

sure send me a PM and I can take care of you

send me a PM, we can help you. We have been performing a lot of reflashes lately from other tuners.

We can easily ship one too you. We were the first to bring them to the US market and worked closely with the manufacturer when they were first developing the solution.

Great to hear! Our canada branch is doing some great things, and has some pretty cool things coming out soon!

If anyone has any interest just send me a PM and we can chat!
You hijacked this thread. Nice one!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
OE strikes again lol
So you are still upset that we unbricked your ECU and saved the day after MHP bricked it (car did not start after that). You were given a baseline tune to get your car back to dyno. Your cars started and ran fine after we fixed it, but you never showed back up or paid for any work we carried out. That is where you left us after we went out of our way to help you. You were told the base file installed is just that a base fie to get to dyno for fine adjustment. And besides this car was owned previously by Nitrous Nate and had many 1/4 mile passes on NOS........ Could it be your car was hurt and you chose not to run a correctly calibrated tune?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
I am not following you Brad, everytime you wanted a new file you got it. Didn't you take your car to another tuning shop that could not remove your CEL? This is the first we have heard this from you. All please contact our shop directly if you have anything you need resolving.

MMM, please do your reserch before posting false heresay. Doesn't Weistec have tunes from Powerchip files given to them buy a past employee.

If you have a question please contact the shop directly for fastest response. It is company policy not to get involved in forum BS.

Please contact our office directly with you proof of purchase and we will gladly address this for you.

OE Tuning has a shop that can install your tune in Melbourne but you wanted to go to a shop that specializes in Japanese cars. After this we have not received a followup with any kind of requests.

So you are still upset that we unbricked your ECU and saved the day after MHP bricked it (car did not start after that). You were given a baseline tune to get your car back to dyno. Your cars started and ran fine after we fixed it, but you never showed back up or paid for any work we carried out. That is where you left us after we went out of our way to help you. You were told the base file installed is just that a base fie to get to dyno for fine adjustment. And besides this car was owned previously by Nitrous Nate and had many 1/4 mile passes on NOS........ Could it be your car was hurt and you chose not to run a correctly calibrated tune?
DAMN!
I can not wait to see where this goes from here!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
This thread is going to be a long one. From my experience OE delivers. Service was great from Jeremy.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING

What has taking my car to a Japanese shop got to do with you and your tune???

They didn't tune the car I loaded your tune in myself??? Lol

I'm not gonna start a **** fight here it is what it is I used your tune and I lost power simple

The tune didn't live up to your word

I never bagged u out once and then u go and be a child

Great customer service mate

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OE TUNING STILL IN BUSINESS??