Installed iPhone5s Holder- PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Installed iPhone5s Holder- PICS

Well, i needed a place to put my phone, and i have installed these in every car i have had.
Just pop it in the dock, and it charges.

For anyone wanting one, its a BRODIT brand. Cost $75AU.
I think i did a clean install.

Took the head unit out, and put a black bracket between the dash and head unit, to mount the cradle onto.

No drilling. Can be easily removed. The bracket is LOCKED in there. Wont come out, unless you absolutely PULL HARD on it. And i mean, really pull. - OR- take the head unit out.

Routed the iPhone charging cable through to the glove box, so it just plugs into the 12v socket.

Nice & clean and simple. I will get a black cable at some stage, and change it, or just wrap this one (if possible?), but i didint have a black cable, and for this BRODIT unit, you have to use a genuine iphone cable, for it to click into the base of the cradle (or at least a cable that is the same as the factory one), i think Belkin make them?

post your thoughts!

Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
and here I am, all this time, I kept thinking, why is the holder facing away from the driver. And must be hidden from the steering. lol.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
Originally Posted by USCGTO
and here I am, all this time, I kept thinking, why is the holder facing away from the driver. And must be hidden from the steering. lol.
LOL- I mirrored the image to confuse everyone.
Everyone from Australia does it. Dunno why?
Old 03-18-2014, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
nice. I usually leave my phone in the cup holder or horizontally in the ashtray if in using an app. I've been meaning to get a proper holder of some sort. thanks for sharing. btw, you fabricated the bracket, i take it?
Old 03-18-2014, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
Yeah, cupholder or ashtray were my places too. This is so much cleaner though. The the cradle will swivel any which way too.

The bracket was bought off ebay, and i modified it a little (shortened it)

If anyone is interested in links, please let me know.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Nice !
Here's mine...Fix2car (another good option is Proclip)...modified and stuck to dash using 3m tape...plugged into rear power outlet..very handy

Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
Ahh, nice, i have that one in my ML!
Nice & clean install!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG - PP+
Originally Posted by AMG893
Well, i needed a place to put my phone, and i have installed these in every car i have had.
Just pop it in the dock, and it charges.

For anyone wanting one, its a BRODIT brand. Cost $75AU.
I think i did a clean install.

Took the head unit out, and put a black bracket between the dash and head unit, to mount the cradle onto.

No drilling. Can be easily removed. The bracket is LOCKED in there. Wont come out, unless you absolutely PULL HARD on it. And i mean, really pull. - OR- take the head unit out.

Routed the iPhone charging cable through to the glove box, so it just plugs into the 12v socket.

Nice & clean and simple. I will get a black cable at some stage, and change it, or just wrap this one (if possible?), but i didint have a black cable, and for this BRODIT unit, you have to use a genuine iphone cable, for it to click into the base of the cradle (or at least a cable that is the same as the factory one), i think Belkin make them?

post your thoughts!

These Brodit holders are very good, used them in a few cars now and the fit and finish is top drawer.