Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the heck did I do wrong...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s AMG W205
My rears look exactly like urs op, u hav a mechanical diff too? I got worried when my tyre guy pointed out how the inner side had almost worn out but relieved that its not just me experencing the same issue here.

Mine is on kw v3 n an aftermarket diff which keeps the torque down equally to both rear tyres. I assume thats what contributing to the problem.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Critter
Ask the distributer if running a wider rim will reduce this inner wear, to me the wear looks like it is concentrated from the outer 2nd band to the inner outside band, in the second picture you can see a dip in the center of the tire where the increased pressure has in effect ballooned out the tire on its circumference and has caused more wear. I still say rim width/size should be increased or tread width reduced. PSS have a wide print so possibly other tires would not give the same wear pattern on your rims.
Ya I though that was super weird too...the middle was wearing a lot more then even the inside. Thanks for the info. I will give my bud a ring and report back.
Originally Posted by Fung63
that wear is perfectly normal. our cars have crazy toe in issues.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...oe-anyone.html
Damn toe
Originally Posted by avery.whss
Heres my current tire (25 series so not much tread to begin with) after about 5000-6000 KM of fairly hard driving..off my rim because i curbed my wheel lol anyways the p-zero wears way better then the other tires i've owned

you should try driving on this:

chris harris was right..it's a world of fun
lol ya I orginally had the pirelllis on and they wore prefect but they were 255. I didn't want to go with them bc our cars EAT tires and replacing those are painful. I drive this car a lot! I just want 1 season where I don't have to switch the rears out 2 or 3 times a summer lol.

Ya I saw that vid. Amazing lol. Where the heck did you find a rim like that? I would def try it out on a fri night get together lol.

Originally Posted by YICS NZ
My rears look exactly like urs op, u hav a mechanical diff too? I got worried when my tyre guy pointed out how the inner side had almost worn out but relieved that its not just me experencing the same issue here.

Mine is on kw v3 n an aftermarket diff which keeps the torque down equally to both rear tyres. I assume thats what contributing to the problem.
Ya didn't they change the diff in the newer ones? I'm not too worried now. I am just gonna go for the Michelin as3 this year. I found a thread on the vette forum and a few guys run them says they're a good tire for everyday booting up and down city. Since there is no tracks anywhere close to my city I figure it's alright.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
10 C six trizzle
op that tire wear looks great. You're driving a performance car not a prius. Usually the centers will wear out alittle more with tire spin, your inflation may have been just a tad higher than necessary but you cant really ask for much better than that. Try taking turns faster if you want more wear on the edges.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:27 AM
SPONSOR

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by YICS NZ

There is no Camber and Caster adjustment capability on virtually all Mercedes models to reduce costly, premature inner edge tire wear and increase traction. Also to resolve steering pull and improve steering response along with quicker turn in and reduced dive/lift on brake and acceleration.

K-MAC saw the need and manufacture front and rear kits essential to allow you to return vehicle to factory specs (and have ongoing adjustment) after curb knock damage, altering height, load carrying or fitting wide profile tires.

The patented K-MAC design required no special tools to install. Both front and rear only require a single wrench to precisely adjust/change settings.

Promotional offer for April MB World members in USA and Canada.
FedEx Air freight $25 one kit or $35 Front and Rear kits (normally $70 and $85).