C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Cheap Stainless Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C280
Cheap Stainless Exhaust?

Anyone heard of this vendor? Seems way cheap, almost too good to be true, and they are doing free shipping. Either it's a scam or they are going under and trying to clear inventory.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-SS...9a3c0d&vxp=mtr
Old 06-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 MB C63 AMG. 2014 MUSTANG COVERTIBLE V6. 2010 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE V6.
who knows…try um lol
Old 06-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
they do mostly JDM...
it's fair price for JDM catbacks....
only question is fitment...
Old 06-05-2014, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
I really wont waste time on it,

Keep your stock cat back setup and remove the Secondary cats / Resonator. Sounds incredible and will be cheaper then purchasing the system you posted.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 MB C63 AMG. 2014 MUSTANG COVERTIBLE V6. 2010 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE V6.
@kriston exactly what I'm doing. jus waiting on my straight pipe for the resonator to come in.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Does removing the secondary cats and resonator void the warranty of the vehicle? Or does it throw any error codes?
Old 06-06-2014, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by fraktv
Anyone heard of this vendor? Seems way cheap, almost too good to be true, and they are doing free shipping. Either it's a scam or they are going under and trying to clear inventory.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-SS...9a3c0d&vxp=mtr

Your not exactly driving a cheap car why would you want to put this crap on??
Old 06-06-2014, 04:50 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Originally Posted by mr747
Your not exactly driving a cheap car why would you want to put this crap on??
Great point on this. Most vendors on here put a lot of time in R&D to produce a quality part that will yield you results. You have a great AMG built motor and want to add something with probably no R&D or facts behind it. You gotta pay to play!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
Great point on this. Most vendors on here put a lot of time in R&D to produce a quality part that will yield you results. You have a great AMG built motor and want to add something with probably no R&D or facts behind it. You gotta pay to play!
Or so it would seem...
The process in which these smaller suppliers utilize may actually yield the same gains as the larger more reputable companies.
Most of these guys are using the same materials as the big guys, where they save all the cash is in the R&D by way of reverse engineering an existing product. They will take an Akropovic exhaust have it 3D Scanned and whallah they now have an electronic file with all the bends and such. Very easy to replicate actually.
Now where quality comes into play is in the welds and finish. They will also be utilizing different resonators and such so the sound may be different as well.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:12 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Or so it would seem...
The process in which these smaller suppliers utilize may actually yield the same gains as the larger more reputable companies.
Most of these guys are using the same materials as the big guys, where they save all the cash is in the R&D by way of reverse engineering an existing product. They will take an Akropovic exhaust have it 3D Scanned and whallah they now have an electronic file with all the bends and such. Very easy to replicate actually.
Now where quality comes into play is in the welds and finish. They will also be utilizing different resonators and such so the sound may be different as well.
Agreed but like you said, the quality portion. Even those smaller manufacturers who reverse enginneer, will skimp on the quality of the material to save even more on overhead costs. I rather pay for quality items that are proven and fully backed by the manufacturer. To this day people who hear my vette come and ask about it. The akrapovic exhaust on it still makes me smile ear to ear.

Nothing wrong with purchasing a good used quality item from a forum member. Those going back to stock to sell, trade, sometimes you can get a great deal that way. Otherwise to the OP I would say, wait and save up a little more and get a good quality item.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
Agreed but like you said, the quality portion. Even those smaller manufacturers who reverse enginneer, will skimp on the quality of the material to save even more on overhead costs. I rather pay for quality items that are proven and fully backed by the manufacturer. To this day people who hear my vette come and ask about it. The akrapovic exhaust on it still makes me smile ear to ear.

Nothing wrong with purchasing a good used quality item from a forum member. Those going back to stock to sell, trade, sometimes you can get a great deal that way. Otherwise to the OP I would say, wait and save up a little more and get a good quality item.
Yeah I agree here. When it comes to performance and such, I would not cheap out. I personally would buy used quality products before buying knock-off.