My Monster Has Been Killed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by jmueller
I seriously doubt it would be worth the cost of attempting to litigate and collecting any judgment he obtains would likely not happen. Regardless, I hope OP has uninsured / underinsured motorist coverage!!
for sure it wouldn't be a simple process, but I would do it just to punish the guy.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG SEDAN
So sorry to hear this BHimself, and glad you walked away. Thanks to MB engineering for building a great safe car that protected you from physical injury. Driving in Houston can be a terror for sure, especially during the rush hours. I live in Dallas area it is also pretty tough. I won't text, call out or even answer calls if I can avoid it. My attention is on the road, my car and everyone around me that is texting and weaving, looking up addresses on the GPS whatever...Something like this is unavoidable and scary.
Just yesterday I watched an accident as a result of rubber necking, Probably caused by someone taking pics to post on FB (there was a woman in a mini-van getting a roadside sobriety test at 3:00 pm in the afternoon!)
Positive side of things Houston has a great used car market to find your replacement vehicle.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Most of you have obviously never driven in DC during rush hour.. or hell, in DC at all... Red lights are a mere suggestion.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
for sure it wouldn't be a simple process, but I would do it just to punish the guy.

I understand your desire to teach the guy a lesson. Here's a lesson I've been taught. They don't show and you get a worthless judgement.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
It is actually fairly simple to do. File a lawsuit and when he doesn't file an answer to the complaint, you move the clerk to enter default. Once default is entered, you have a jury trial on damages alone. Once that jury gives you a verdict for whatever amount of damages, you get a fancy final judgment to hang on the wall. The problem is collecting any money from it; it just won't happen. This is why everyone needs adequate UM coverage.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:45 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by jmueller
It is actually fairly simple to do. File a lawsuit and when he doesn't file an answer to the complaint, you move the clerk to enter default. Once default is entered, you have a jury trial on damages alone. Once that jury gives you a verdict for whatever amount of damages, you get a fancy final judgment to hang on the wall. The problem is collecting any money from it; it just won't happen. This is why everyone needs adequate UM coverage.
Well said.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KIS007
I understand your desire to teach the guy a lesson. Here's a lesson I've been taught. They don't show and you get a worthless judgement.
yeah. like I said, it's not as simple as people are led to believe, but personally, I would still go for it.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Polar White C63 AMG 507 edition
Sorry about your loss! Glad you are ok!

Do you still have access to the car? I'm looking to buy two (2) seat belt buckles. Can you part them out still? I can paypal you
Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
And Houstonians voted to do away with red light cameras. Idiots. I think I've seen your car a few times. RIP.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:42 PM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 AMG
I'm not sure how this will ultimately get resovled, but it looks liek my insurance will just have to foot the bill.
With only a copy of this Mexican national ID, I wouldn't see how they get a hold of him accurately.
it is good I had uninsured/underinsured insurance.
I would love to find a way to express my displeasure to the guy, I just don't see how.
Hopefully insurace will get the car's owner involved and figure it all out.

I've been told it's just best to move on...Crazy how these things work out though isn't it?

@amgklap I still have the car before I sign it over to the insurance company, but I don't think they'd like me taking things out of the car. I don't really know how that works, but I can't see it being accepted. I'll ask next time they call and let you know though.
You're talking about the male end (wth the belt) or female end at the bottom of the chair?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:45 PM

2014 Polar White C63 AMG 507 edition
the male ends, 2 of them if possible. I appreciate you asking for me! /thumbsup
Old 06-17-2014, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BHimself
I'm not sure how this will ultimately get resovled, but it looks liek my insurance will just have to foot the bill. With only a copy of this Mexican national ID, I wouldn't see how they get a hold of him accurately. it is good I had uninsured/underinsured insurance. I would love to find a way to express my displeasure to the guy, I just don't see how. Hopefully insurace will get the car's owner involved and figure it all out. I've been told it's just best to move on...Crazy how these things work out though isn't it? @amgklap I still have the car before I sign it over to the insurance company, but I don't think they'd like me taking things out of the car. I don't really know how that works, but I can't see it being accepted. I'll ask next time they call and let you know though. You're talking about the male end (wth the belt) or female end at the bottom of the chair?
yeah, man, I hear you. I was literally just saying what I would do; I wasn't trying to make you agree. question, how is the guy in the US? is he visiting, or is he illegal? and he was driving without a TX driver's license?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:52 PM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by norb
And Houstonians voted to do away with red light cameras. Idiots. I think I've seen your car a few times. RIP.
Eat em up, Coogs!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:58 PM

C63 AMG
Yea, how/why he's in the states i don't know.
I assume that why he tried to drive off after hitting us though.

Hopefully karma will help me out a bit here. Karma likes revenge right?
Old 06-17-2014, 04:35 PM

your mom
I am glad that you didn't get injured and the car saved you.

I am in Houston, myself and if you're in west side of town, Katy, give me a shout out and I'll bring along the C63.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:47 PM

C63 AMG
@USCGTO, yea i actually wanted to see that quartz blue of yours, it seems like an interesting color that pictures don't do justice. I'm looking at another C63, so perhaps we'll all have to organize another Houston area GTG

I guess the timing of all this wasn't the worst as i was about to pull the trigger on some more mods...

As for the Vorsteiner, I've got a deal in place, to be finalized Friday. Thanks to all those to contacted me about it.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
The only thing that will take away the pain of a broken heart from a girl, dog, or C63 is another one.

Get you another C63 as fast possible! 11's are coming off lease left and right. Find the perfect replacement and love again sir.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
The guy was an illegal, lets face the facts. Houston has a bunch of these and they all drive around without a license, insurance and think they are entitled to everything. One was just driving drunk and Tboned a car and killed 4 people. She wanted the Mexican consulate to protect her! Crazy. Same thing as the OP, she ran and tried to hide after the crash. These people are here illegally so they don't think twice about breaking laws.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The guy was an illegal, lets face the facts. Houston has a bunch of these and they all drive around without a license, insurance and think they are entitled to everything. One was just driving drunk and Tboned a car and killed 4 people. She wanted the Mexican consulate to protect her! Crazy. Same thing as the OP, she ran and tried to hide after the crash. These people are here illegally so they don't think twice about breaking laws.
yeah, what a complete joke.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
We have no details, he may or may not be illegal (amongst the millions of illegals in the country it is hard to tell). The US does not require a US State drivers license for visitors, only a valid drivers license from the country of origin (they stopped doing international drivers licenses due to abuse of the program, of by all people, kids who want fake ID's to drink, amongst other reasons).

While yes he tried to run, that does not mean he was illegal, but odds are he probably had no insurance (was the driver in a personal car, or a rental car, if rental, then he would have to have had insurance). Did the offending driver have a car with US plates, or Mexican plates, if the latter, means he was probably here legally.

Lots of little details missing. That of course does not negate the fact the driver was an idiot and caused an accident, but lets not all jump on the illegal bandwagon

ps.. no I am not from South of the border... well actually technically I guess I am, I'm from South Africa, but US Foreign Service brat, so not an immigrant.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
i have seen your car on the freeway in the past.

what is the buy back value on the car?
Old 06-18-2014, 11:50 AM

2014 C63 Coupe
I have had PTSD reading this thread since my last car was repeatedly rear ended while driving in Houston. It's not so much the idiot drivers that bother me, rather how the system is designed to screw the hapless victim. OP, I hope all goes well for you.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 C63 507, '11 C300, '96 Cobra, '91 Mr2
OP glad you are OK. RIP car.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 PM

dreams
cuz they be treadin on my freedums...

sorry OP. hope this passes quickly and painlessly for you.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:25 PM

C63
OMG I'm glad you're ok though. f--king drexters!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Monster Has Been Killed