Originally Posted by lngenieur
Who are we?

bogus account and BS'ing up the thread
Old 07-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ScottW911
OK kids, are we all ready for a time out from the recess antics?

PM's have been sent and bans have been issued. Any further impolite taunts or bogus accounts will lead to the original accounts being banned at the same time as the bogus ones.

Why is it that this forum has always had the nickname of "the Sandbox"? Hmmm.

https://mbworld.org/forums/6105149-post104.html

edit: post was deleted
Old 07-16-2014, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
911 Turbo
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
so now you have 3 accounts all set-up to personally attack someone you mistake me for

but if this 'art' didn't get along with you he must be all-right because you are a $&&## apparently

he must have skull eff'ed you pretty dang hard for you to be so obsessed with him years later
he really did a number on you, years ago and you still fantasize about him...sounds sick really
all in an internet chat room lol

Is there a post that you don't edit? Mods, this guy needs a ban. This clearly meets the criteria of "Any further impolite taunts will lead to being banned". Sane people don't repeatedly make statements like this.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dan M.
Is there a post that you don't edit? Mods, this guy needs a ban. Sane people don't repeatedly make statements like this.

what about people who create multiple accounts to harass people?
or people who create 1 account ONLY to harass people as in your case?
attacking the wrong person for perceived slights from years ago apparently
now that is insane and dangerous...and scary
sounds like a propensity and predisposition towards violence
wouldn't be the first time some wacko tracked down someone and the internet and did them harm
your buddy has the potential

so, you edited your post, lol, am I the inverse of same, or impolite?

a 'sane' person makes 3 accounts to harass someone?...now that is repeatedly
think about it
years later
make multiple accounts to attack someone
YEARS later!
that is scary...he's probably wall papered his house with that guys posts
I don't even know (or care) who you 2 are lol

for what it's worth: my post was made before I read the mods post
I note yours and your buddies came after acknowledging the mods post

Last edited by Ingenieur; 07-16-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
06 M3 ZCP / 08 CLK63 BS
Wow that M3 is fast, but at the end of the day the AMG was up on the banking while the turbo M3 got to enjoy a lower altitude on the inside lane.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:24 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 GL550, 2013 C63
Hi Art. Nice to see you as thick headed and stubborn as ever. I miss your longwinded formulas. Can you please post some more?

Amazing that after all these years nothing's changed.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Honestly tho...the M3 shoulda been a lot faster, the C63 is last gen tech...the new C63 will absolutely make the new M3 look like it brought **** to a **** fight

the new C63 will be the guy in the robe while the M3 will be the cocky kid on the bike who thinks their above everyone.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
i think he's just mad ya'll arent listening.

400lb heavier car with less hp runs the same if not faster time. It doesnt add up. All dyno's are different i dont care if some dyno showed a stock m3/4 making 420whp or 800whp. It's all b.s. , dyno's can intentionally be calibrated to read however the operator wants them to. I've personally seen a friend dyno his 90 awd turbo eclipse. He went to a honda dyno day at a honda shop known for putting out some absurd dyno numbers. He made 530whp... highest of the day, he then proceeded to argue and tell them they are dumbasses and fudging the numbers. His bsfc (brake specific fuel consumption) meant his car didnt even have enough fuel to make near that much power at the crank much less the wheels. Later that week without any changes went to a mustang awd dyno and made 405whp.

380whp sounds reasonable, but considering the 425 crank rating 45whp loss is about 12% loss through the drivetrain, 15% is is about the normal for a manual transmission which a DCT is. Our cars even the MCT is still a regular automatic transmission with a pump that causes alot more power loss. Considering the MCT does 100% lock vs torque converter the converter will lose even more but the mct is no where near a dct. So saying its very under-rated is quite an exaggeration. I have nothing against the m's This new one sounds badass and surely a tuners dream like our new 4.0L tt will be but lets be realistic about things.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by avery.whss
Honestly tho...the M3 shoulda been a lot faster, the C63 is last gen tech
very true and good point... direct injection, boost, dct, aluminum construction
Old 07-17-2014, 12:58 AM

'14 C63 507, '11 C300, '96 Cobra, '91 Mr2
Man this thread really sailed out to sea at one point, I guess this is what happens when you look the other way for two days. Hopefully it will stay on track for a bit...

Instead of arguing over what the actual hp numbers are, just suffice to say the new m3/m4 right now has the greater upside in terms of modding. As others have said, add E30/ or even race fuel plus the ability to switch maps from the dash and that's all that's needed to put the stomp on most cars (including c63). When 4.0l TT comes out it's a different story, but just need to call things out the way they are right now.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by unagi1
Man this thread really sailed out to sea at one point, I guess this is what happens when you look the other way for two days. Hopefully it will stay on track for a bit...

Instead of arguing over what the actual hp numbers are, just suffice to say the new m3/m4 right now has the greater upside in terms of modding. As others have said, add E30/ or even race fuel plus the ability to switch maps from the dash and that's all that's needed to put the stomp on most cars (including c63). When 4.0l TT comes out it's a different story, but just need to call things out the way they are right now.
Greater upside in modding? Maybe when it comes to simple bolts on ya but not really a full out build. The BMW ecu's have proven almost impossible to crack the f10 m5 still hasn't been figured out for over 2 years so they will be limited to piggybacks and can't use upgraded turbos without ECU access. Plus you can always supercharge the 6.2L and make silly power
Old 07-17-2014, 03:47 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Has anybody questioned whether the C63 was in fact stock??
Honestly, everybody is doing the "under rated" thing now...
BMW apparently did it with the BMW 1M, VW has been doing it since the Golf 6 GTi, Opel now jumped on the band wagon with the Astra J OPC.
Don't see why BMW wouldn't use the same approach with the new M3/4.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG

Bolt ons are bolt ons, there aren't any magic ferry dust in BMW's.

Tell me 1 thing you can do differently (mod wise) aside from turbo upgrades that you cannot do to a C63?

Old 07-17-2014, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Kriston

Tell me 1 thing you can do differently (mod wise) aside from turbo upgrades that you cannot do to a C63?

Improve internals to withstand much higher rates of boost...
Give it 2 years and there will be more mods for this car than you can shake a stick at.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 GL550, 2013 C63
Can somebody please un-ban Ingenieur? This is not nearly as entertaining without him.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:58 PM

'14 C63 507, '11 C300, '96 Cobra, '91 Mr2
Originally Posted by Ezec63
Greater upside in modding? Maybe when it comes to simple bolts on ya but not really a full out build. The BMW ecu's have proven almost impossible to crack the f10 m5 still hasn't been figured out for over 2 years so they will be limited to piggybacks and can't use upgraded turbos without ECU access. Plus you can always supercharge the 6.2L and make silly power
Originally Posted by Kriston

Sigh...things that won't do that much good to a non-FI C63:

1) Larger A/W Intercooler (lower temp charge / greater efficiency / more boost)
2) Meth injection (again lower temp charge plus actually adds fuel so you can run higher boost without leaning out)
3) Injectors (allowing you to yet again raise boost)
4) Fuel Pump (with or without APR -- more boost)
5) More boost

See the pattern? All of these mods have a greater upsdie and don't require the $$$$$ needed for an S/C kit and install.

Then there's the standard set of stuff that will also net you gains on a c63, but more so on the m3/m4:

intake/exhaust manifolds
exhaust
lastly internals / higher compression

Originally Posted by Autosport7
Improve internals to withstand much higher rates of boost...
Give it 2 years and there will be more mods for this car than you can shake a stick at.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
911 Turbo
the bottom line is that both cars are wildly different, but both are also incredible machines. You can't really go wrong with either.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Have YOU done any of the mods listed?

Better yet, after installing the mods on the C63 have YOU dyno tested and track test them? You claim a lot that very few on this forum actually have first real world knowledge of. Unless you put in time and $$ to really see what the C63 can do. I cant take your statements seriously.

You are talking like you own an M4 and have mods installed already. How you so sure the S55 will take a liking to the mods you listed?

Judging by the F series M5, the ECU on these cars are getting harder and harder to crack. FWIW, the M3/4 Dyno'd a base line of 380ish WHP / TQ. BMS supposedly has it over 500 wheel with a tune, but that's hear say until a real product is released and independently tested.

Im just very subjective when it comes to these things, I see a lot of people talking out of there *** without any real world knowledge of the parts or how they affect the car. Even fewer who put the effort and $$ into getting there parts independently tested to ensure they are making the power they claim. I am part of that later group.

Sigh...things that won't do that much good to a non-FI C63:

1) Larger A/W Intercooler (lower temp charge / greater efficiency / more boost)
2) Meth injection (again lower temp charge plus actually adds fuel so you can run higher boost without leaning out)
3) Injectors (allowing you to yet again raise boost)
4) Fuel Pump (with or without APR -- more boost)
5) More boost

See the pattern? All of these mods have a greater upsdie and don't require the $$$$$ needed for an S/C kit and install.

Then there's the standard set of stuff that will also net you gains on a c63, but more so on the m3/m4:

intake/exhaust manifolds
exhaust
lastly internals / higher compression

Old 07-17-2014, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
I dont get why ING was suspended? The mods were baiting him, and then suspend him? Lol what? If it wasn't for the mods the new accounts popping up stirring trouble would of never happened.

He might be a narcissistic a-hole, but he does know his stuff, and he brings more facts and proven numbers and quotes to this forum then half that are on here to learn about plastidipping and vinyl wrapping. Nonsense. Very disappointed in whats become of this forum.

On topic, The new M3/M4 is a lovely car, test drove one, never liked the old generation m3 but the new one was pretty fun. Can't wait to see what AMG puts up to fight the new competition.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
I dont get why ING was suspended? The mods were baiting him, and then suspend him? Lol what? If it wasn't for the mods the new accounts popping up stirring trouble would of never happened.

He might be a narcissistic a-hole, but he does know his stuff, and he brings more facts and proven numbers and quotes to this forum then half that are on here to learn about plastidipping and vinyl wrapping. Nonsense. Very disappointed in whats become of this forum.

On topic, The new M3/M4 is a lovely car, test drove one, never liked the old generation m3 but the new one was pretty fun. Can't wait to see what AMG puts up to fight the new competition.
And if you embrace the narcissism, he is actually quite enjoyable to e-hang out with! The man thinks outside the box, and doesn't roll with the punches, he questions people and makes them explain their statements. In a sense, holds people accountable for their words or claims. Not sure if that is his place or not, but he helps keep the threads populated with facts and really long algorithms! We may not understand where he is coming from at all times but at least he is interesting!
"FREE INGENIEUR!"
Old 07-17-2014, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Ingeniuer is quite entertaining. He has a technical knowledge that not many can appreciate.

He will be a valuable addition to the Community long term.

And yes the new M's are gorgeous I love them. But also want to see some solid numbers before passing any judgement on it. The M3 and its wide hips are ridiculous on the street, has such a presence.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
I dont get why ING was suspended?
Nor will you. A lot goes on in the background that you are unaware of.
The mods were baiting him, and then suspend him? Lol what? If it wasn't for the mods the new accounts popping up stirring trouble would of never happened.
He was asked a question by a Mod and became argumentative. Calm was asked for and it did not happen.

Staff is always open to correcting our errors. If, as we reevaluate what has happened here, we discover any over-reach or errors, we will do our best to fix it.

And, by the way, a suspension is not a ban. The bogus accounts were banned. Ing was not banned.

Last edited by ScottW911; 07-17-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
I dont get why ING was suspended? The mods were baiting him, and then suspend him? Lol what? If it wasn't for the mods the new accounts popping up stirring trouble would of never happened. He might be a narcissistic a-hole, but he does know his stuff, and he brings more facts and proven numbers and quotes to this forum then half that are on here to learn about plastidipping and vinyl wrapping. Nonsense. Very disappointed in whats become of this forum. On topic, The new M3/M4 is a lovely car, test drove one, never liked the old generation m3 but the new one was pretty fun. Can't wait to see what AMG puts up to fight the new competition.
This forum is actually more about learning about the car and learning how to modify it more than anything. You're talking about facts from a guy who still has a stock 63. How much can he possibly know about this car when all he does is turn the key and hit the gas. If it were hagi, dodger or dads talking about the c63, then you listen, but not from someone who is clearly in love with numbers and algorithm.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by w204nyc
This forum is actually more about learning about the car and learning how to modify it more than anything. You're talking about facts from a guy who still has a stock 63. How much can he possibly know about this car when all he does is turn the key and hit the gas. If it were hagi, dodger or dads talking about the c63, then you listen, but not from someone who is clearly in love with numbers and algorithm.
This is a guy that reads and retains more than you can imagine. I will take his algorithmic equations over Dads opinions all day long!
Why...?
His equations read proof. If a car pics up 10whp, an opinionated be, meh I didn't notice any gains, a dyno is so unpredictable and suspect it makes it a waste of money, Ingeniuer's facts are based on numbers and as we all know... Numbers do not lie.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by Autosport7
This is a guy that reads and retains more than you can imagine. I will take his algorithmic equations over Dads opinions all day long! Why...? His equations read proof. If a car pics up 10whp, an opinionated be, meh I didn't notice any gains, a dyno is so unpredictable and suspect it makes it a waste of money, Ingeniuer's facts are based on numbers and as we all know... Numbers do not lie.
You clearly havent been on this forum that long. Dads and some of those other guys dont state opinions. They state facts. Facts from experience and actually working on the car unlike looking up equations and using it for an argument.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F80 m3 vs c63 tune and exhaust