C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New to the forum and in the market for a C63.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 F-250
New to the forum and in the market for a C63.

Whats up guys, I am currently in the market for a C63. I spent countless hours searching through the forum to make sure I am not repeating a common question. Out of the research I did most of the answers were from 2010 or older and I didn't know if updates over the years had changed things.

It is looking like an 09 is in the right price range for me.It seems the 09's are then best priced a readily available. From the research It seems some users prefer the 10 over the 09 due to the iPod integration, folding mirrors and rear view camera. With that I was wondering if anyone could please answer a few questions that I couldn't find answers for.

1) Will an update/retrofit to the Command System take care of the problem with iPod integration?

2) Is there anything else that makes a 10 that much more of an upgrade over the 09?

3) When buying the 09 what options should I look for it to have?

4) Can you retrofit power folding mirrors to the 09?

5) Do software updates bring an 09 up to par with the 10?

Thanks in advance and I tried my best to not have repeated an questions already answered on the forum.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
Look for a 2011 to avoid the headbolt issues.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Which part of the world are you?

In the US I don't think 2010 and later models come with folding mirrors. They do in canada.
What is the ipode integration? Is that the cable in the glove box with the white plug at the end of it? If yes then 2009 MY comes with it.

To answer your questions:

1) I don't think so
2) design wise interior and exterior there are no differences. 10 can the back up camera. Engine wise as well no difference.
3) you want it to have P2 package and xenon lights which are probably included in this package. Maybe look for the performance package P30 as well but all these extra can be achieve with aftermarket parts.
4) yes you can but would require new mirrors, new door modules and probably some coding.
5) not too sure what you mean by up to par? You can update your system command but there will be no difference in displays if this is what you mean?

I hope this will help.

By the way I'm selling mine

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...c63-sedan.html
Old 07-21-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
I'm sure you have already done your research on this, but if you are concerned about the price difference between the 09 and the 10, you should also consider that these cars are not cheap to maintain and operate. Gas, oil, dealership service costs and OMG Tires.. Expect a $650 tire bill annually. Brakes, on performance / development package cars, are at least $2500 if you need to replace the rotors. In summary, while the price of admission may be appealing on a 2009, the cost to stay in the game needs to be considered. Not trying to steer you away, I just wanted to remind you of the true cost of ownership of these amazing machines.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:54 PM

2012 F-250
Originally Posted by glennhl
Look for a 2011 to avoid the headbolt issues.
I am looking mainly for a CPO with a warranty so I don't think the head bolt would be an issue, but thank you for the heads up.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Drive it.
You like it?
Buy it!

Everything else is ancillary. If you can afford the C63, then maintenance should not be an issue. If you are unable to put say $1500 (tires, oil changes, brakes, etc...) in to the car annually, I would suggest heading in a different direction. If you can, the only other thing you need to worry about is the Mod Bug! The Mod Bug will snag your cash very quickly!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:58 PM

2012 F-250
Originally Posted by abcut973
Which part of the world are you?

In the US I don't think 2010 and later models come with folding mirrors. They do in canada.
What is the ipode integration? Is that the cable in the glove box with the white plug at the end of it? If yes then 2009 MY comes with it.

To answer your questions:

1) I don't think so
2) design wise interior and exterior there are no differences. 10 can the back up camera. Engine wise as well no difference.
3) you want it to have P2 package and xenon lights which are probably included in this package. Maybe look for the performance package P30 as well but all these extra can be achieve with aftermarket parts.
4) yes you can but would require new mirrors, new door modules and probably some coding.
5) not too sure what you mean by up to par? You can update your system command but there will be no difference in displays if this is what you mean?

I hope this will help.

By the way I'm selling mine

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...c63-sedan.html
Thank you for the great response. I am in the US. As I was reading it seems that when an iPod/iPhone is plugged into the car you can only see it on the instrument cluster and not the command screen. I was wondering if updates had come along to solve this. When I asked up to par I was going on the line of software features found on the 10 that aren't on the 09 and if they can be obtained with updates.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:08 PM

2012 F-250
Originally Posted by jmueller
I'm sure you have already done your research on this, but if you are concerned about the price difference between the 09 and the 10, you should also consider that these cars are not cheap to maintain and operate. Gas, oil, dealership service costs and OMG Tires.. Expect a $650 tire bill annually. Brakes, on performance / development package cars, are at least $2500 if you need to replace the rotors. In summary, while the price of admission may be appealing on a 2009, the cost to stay in the game needs to be considered. Not trying to steer you away, I just wanted to remind you of the true cost of ownership of these amazing machines.
I was hoping most maintenance can be performed on my own. I have worked on many cars before old to new and was planning to do the same with this one. I have access to a basically a full shop including a lift. Gas is not something I even care about. Im currently driving an f-250 averaging 9 in the city so I think I may even see an improvement . Im looking mainly for a CPO so the only thing I would be dealing with is the maintenance. Thank you for the great heads up with the ownership end of the car. It seems if taken care of these things are pretty solid.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:11 PM

2012 F-250
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Drive it.
You like it?
Buy it!

Everything else is ancillary. If you can afford the C63, then maintenance should not be an issue. If you are unable to put say $1500 (tires, oil changes, brakes, etc...) in to the car annually, I would suggest heading in a different direction. If you can, the only other thing you need to worry about is the Mod Bug! The Mod Bug will snag your cash very quickly!
The Mod Bug has already got me! Im trying to hold off and pick one up when I return to Florida in the fall. Im already finding myself bookmarking every part I want for this. Every car I own this happens to me. I think I have a problem.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:59 AM

Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by am2346
I was hoping most maintenance can be performed on my own. I have worked on many cars before old to new and was planning to do the same with this one. I have access to a basically a full shop including a lift. Gas is not something I even care about. Im currently driving an f-250 averaging 9 in the city so I think I may even see an improvement . Im looking mainly for a CPO so the only thing I would be dealing with is the maintenance. Thank you for the great heads up with the ownership end of the car. It seems if taken care of these things are pretty solid.
Yes, if you are like me, and can do most of the small work on your own (oil, diff, brakes, plugs) you can run these cars pretty much like any other sedan. Tires are really the only killer that simply cant be avoided. Sometimes parts prices are 2X what they should be. Good luck finding one. You should be able to find a 2011 without issue because a bunch of them are coming off lease now. Generally they CPO those cars too. Enjoy!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Make sure you get P31 and LSD. Worry more about those than power folding mirrors.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 AM

Jag F-Type V8
At the very least, make sure it has the LSD, you can always get a tune later which will give you most of the benefit of the P31 (other than suspension changes on the 2009s)
Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
The Mod Bug has already got me! Im trying to hold off and pick one up when I return to Florida in the fall. Im already finding myself bookmarking every part I want for this. Every car I own this happens to me. I think I have a problem.
Well good luck to you in your search.
If you are anything like me, you DO have a problem with tuning/modding. It is an addiction that I have fallen to on many occasions. My wife can attest to it...
Old 07-23-2014, 01:17 PM

2012 F-250
Thank you all for the helpful advice. An LSD is at the top of my list. Now it is just finding the right on for me.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:19 PM

2012 F-250
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Well good luck to you in your search.
If you are anything like me, you DO have a problem with tuning/modding. It is an addiction that I have fallen to on many occasions. My wife can attest to it...
The first thing I always do before considering a car for purchase is to see if the mods are out there.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
You really only have 2-3 options.

Aftermarket - Wavetrac / Quaife

or find an OEM LSD from a wrecked C63.

Thank you all for the helpful advice. An LSD is at the top of my list. Now it is just finding the right on for me.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:07 PM

2012 F-250
Originally Posted by Kriston
You really only have 2-3 options.

Aftermarket - Wavetrac / Quaife

or find an OEM LSD from a wrecked C63.
I am definitely looking for one that has it installed from factory. If I can't, I will be ordering one to have installed.