C63/C63 507 Edition winter drivability.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rage2
What are you trying to get with an update?

My C63 BS got a COMAND update that fixed a few bugs a year after I took delivery, so it's definitely doable. No new features though, not even 2013 color scheme.
I really want the analog clock, they look like this

https://mbworld.org/forums/4804050-post17.html

btw did you do yours in Lone Star or Hyatt?

Last edited by snowmuch; 07-24-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by snowmuch
I really want the analog clock, they look like this

https://mbworld.org/forums/4804050-post17.html

btw did you do yours in Lone Star or Hyatt?
Lone Star. That analog clock gets boring after 5 mins lol.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rage2
Lone Star. That analog clock gets boring after 5 mins lol.
The service guy said he have never done it but will try it for $100 lol. I guess I give it shot...
Old 07-24-2014, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by kuba.95
My CLA 45 costed 71k. I'd get a discount on it plus 0.9 percent interest. So I'd be paying about 750-780 for the C63 while I'm paying 780 for the CLA 45.
Could you elaborate a little more on this deal, sounds like an insane deal. Any downpayment? Trade in value for the CLA? 0.9 interest for how many months? MSRP of 507? Sorry I'm just really curious.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:07 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by LakeShow23
Could you elaborate a little more on this deal, sounds like an insane deal. Any downpayment? Trade in value for the CLA? 0.9 interest for how many months? MSRP of 507? Sorry I'm just really curious.
MSRP 77K-13K cause of trade in =s 64k-3k discount=62k. Star advantage for 48 months it'd end up at about 769 (Yes I use star advantage cause I plan on sticking with the brand I purchase cars with, don't want to worry about mileage, plus I'd like to do things to the car in case I do decide to keep it). These aren't hard numbers yet since I was only really talking about, but after the test drive and if I do end up deciding to get the 507 edition then I'll post the exact numbers on here.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 287 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
My CLA 45 costed 71k. I'd get a discount on it plus 0.9 percent interest. So I'd be paying about 750-780 for the C63 while I'm paying 780 for the CLA 45.
I'm not sure how you got to $750-780 for the c63. I'm in Toronto and even with a good discount, the c63 507 will be over $1200 per month. Something is wrong in your assumptions.

And after the experience you've had with your cla, why would you want another Benz? Either that, or your dealer is terrible.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Surge
I'm not sure how you got to $750-780 for the c63. I'm in Toronto and even with a good discount, the c63 507 will be over $1200 per month. Something is wrong in your assumptions.

And after the experience you've had with your cla, why would you want another Benz? Either that, or your dealer is terrible.
I'd be using baloon financing since I want the car to be under my name (So I can do whatever I wish to it) and so I wouldn't have to pay high monthly rates since I'd be changing cars after I'm doing the financing term. So with a large enough down payment it's easy to get a C63 507 in the 700 monthly payments range.

I'm sticking with MB since they've decided to help me out. I'll only be losing 5k, instead of 20-30k at Audi BMW Etc. (Have a thread about all of this which goes into greater detail. It's called "Why I regret ever purchasing my CLA 45 AMG" on the forum MercedesCLA.org). Although currently I have the 2015 CLA 45 AMG on order, but I'm still debating whether or not to switch to the new W205 C63 instead.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess, but keep in mind there are restrictions on how much of a downpayment you can use.

Also, I would be wary of the reliability of the W205 as it's a new model.

The W204 6.2L V8 is never coming back, so keep that in mind as well!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:01 PM

I guess, but keep in mind there are restrictions on how much of a downpayment you can use.

Also, I would be wary of the reliability of the W205 as it's a new model.

The W204 6.2L V8 is never coming back, so keep that in mind as well!
I think that you can actually put down as much downpayment as you want. Basically I should have about 20-24k going down to the next vehicle that comes in for me (Being either the CLA 45, or the W205).

I don't mind minor issues, and it probably won't have the massive issues that I had in my CLA 45 (it was a complete lemon losing acceleration etc) so I'm not worried. I also test drove the C63 507 edition, but for some reason I felt seated to high in it (Had it lowered to the bottom) and my head was almost hitting the roof. So i didn't feel comfortable in it, that's why I'd choose the W205(Plus you can most likely get more out of it if you tune it etc).
Old 10-25-2014, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 887 Likes on 622 Posts
E63S | X5
^ More headroom in the CLA than the C63? Interesting.

As for the original topic on winter driving... This will be my first winter in this car and I am freakin excited. It won't be as epic as my RS4, but I still think it is going to be rather fun. Just make sure you keep washing the salt off!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^ More headroom in the CLA than the C63? Interesting.

As for the original topic on winter driving... This will be my first winter in this car and I am freakin excited. It won't be as epic as my RS4, but I still think it is going to be rather fun. Just make sure you keep washing the salt off!
Seemed like that for me honestly. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the CLA now.

Stay safe man! Have some proper winter tires on, and let me know how the driving is!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ I bought hakkapeliitta r2's... If you know your winter tire brands you know I'm not messing around haha
Old 10-25-2014, 10:05 PM

^ I bought hakkapeliitta r2's... If you know your winter tire brands you know I'm not messing around haha
Never heard of them lol. I only know the big brand tires such as Pirelli Sottozeros, Blizzaks etc etc. So post a review on how well the C63 uses them. Would maybe consider them then if I get the W205
Old 10-25-2014, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Are you looking at the red 507 at David Morris? I love that one but I can't justify the payment jump I would have if I upgraded to that from my current 11 C63. I guess if you're giving a large downpayment then that'll keep your monthly payments down but to be honest if you're getting a nice interest rate, it is sort of silly to put too much cash. But of course that's your call. I have a pretty good interest rate now but if I were to switch they are apparently (Weber at least) not willing to offer me anything better than 3.4%. That kicks up my monthly payments quite a lot unless I put a lot of down which I don't want to. So I might just be sticking with this one for a while longer and really it's only been a year since I've had it. :p

PS: Pertaining to winter drivability, I ordered Blizzak's for 18" rim set and they are LM32's. Let's see how it goes, will throw a couple of sandbags in the trunk.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Never heard of them lol. I only know the big brand tires such as Pirelli Sottozeros, Blizzaks etc etc. So post a review on how well the C63 uses them. Would maybe consider them then if I get the W205
Will do. I've always had blizzaks or hakkas for the winter (minus 1 winter when I ran summer run flats on my 1 series ) and the hakkas ALWAYS outlast blizzaks for longevity and as far as performance it is close. I had hakkas on my RS4 though and went through over a foot of snow and ice like I was on pavement. It was insane.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by papashango
Are you looking at the red 507 at David Morris? I love that one but I can't justify the payment jump I would have if I upgraded to that from my current 11 C63. I guess if you're giving a large downpayment then that'll keep your monthly payments down but to be honest if you're getting a nice interest rate, it is sort of silly to put too much cash. But of course that's your call. I have a pretty good interest rate now but if I were to switch they are apparently (Weber at least) not willing to offer me anything better than 3.4%. That kicks up my monthly payments quite a lot unless I put a lot of down which I don't want to. So I might just be sticking with this one for a while longer and really it's only been a year since I've had it. :p

PS: Pertaining to winter drivability, I ordered Blizzak's for 18" rim set and they are LM32's. Let's see how it goes, will throw a couple of sandbags in the trunk.
Nah I'm quite anti David Morris since they tried selling me a car with engine issues once. I've dealt with Weber, and they've been extra good for me (even with all the issues I've had with my car and the C63 they have is a iridium silver). From what I know the 507 edition interest rates right now are either 0.9, or 1.9 for baloon financing. Don't know about the other stuff. Although like I said I won't get into the 507 just because of how close to the roof my head is. Also the 2011 C63 and the 507 edition are really similair cept for the slight hp bump so I don't think it'd be worth switching your 2011 for a 507. If it was to the W205 then ya since it'd be a huge difference.

Alright let us know how drivable the car is! (My dealership also recommended sand bags in the trunk if I got it and drove it in the winter.)

Also do you go to any meets here in Edmonton?
Old 10-25-2014, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's more than a "slight" HP bump, lol!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
It's more than a "slight" HP bump, lol!
It's just getting a tune...

However, there are quite a few differences in other departments... The front end, transmission, interior touches, LED tails...
Old 10-26-2014, 12:03 AM

It's just getting a tune...

However, there are quite a few differences in other departments... The front end, transmission, interior touches, LED tails...
Ahhh didn't know about that other stuff although I still don't think it'd be worth the switch. Especially with the W205 coming out. Although that V8 makes it quite desirable still lol
Old 10-26-2014, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Ahhh didn't know about that other stuff although I still don't think it'd be worth the switch. Especially with the W205 coming out. Although that V8 makes it quite desirable still lol
The 2012+ C63's have a MCT tranny, different front end, LED taillights, interior has an integrated screen, different steering wheel, and has an S+ and Race Start driving mode, and upgrade headbolts as some of the 2011 and older models have had issues.

The w205 is still a v8, just with twin turbos. Too soon really to tell how good or bad the car will be. However, the styling is obviously different inside and out. Some prefer the "old" style with sharper edges and some prefer the w205 with its softer look and updated interior.

Tons of information on all of the differences out there.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
I was mostly contemplating the switch due to the cosmetic difference. Love the hood on the 507 lol. But I don't think it's enough and not worth it for taking the dollar hit. My C63 has the P31 package as well so the HP difference closes down a little more too. I've been having an itch for something different after just a year and when I got into this I thought I would be keeping this for a long time. But I am trying to set myself some goals and I am gonna 'try' not switching until I can either get a R8 or a GTR. If I have something set in mind, I won't feel like switching for every other car out there, although the new M4 would be sweet too. So who the hell knows, we will see.

As for meets there aren't too many C63 specific meets around that I am aware of. Go on FB and search "Mercedes Benz club of Alberta" and send a join request. Not very many people but they are from Edmonton and Calgary and sometimes organize MB meets. A couple people work at Weber and David Morris so you may even meet someone who'll help you out more.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by papashango
I was mostly contemplating the switch due to the cosmetic difference. Love the hood on the 507 lol. But I don't think it's enough and not worth it for taking the dollar hit. My C63 has the P31 package as well so the HP difference closes down a little more too. I've been having an itch for something different after just a year and when I got into this I thought I would be keeping this for a long time. But I am trying to set myself some goals and I am gonna 'try' not switching until I can either get a R8 or a GTR. If I have something set in mind, I won't feel like switching for every other car out there, although the new M4 would be sweet too. So who the hell knows, we will see.

As for meets there aren't too many C63 specific meets around that I am aware of. Go on FB and search "Mercedes Benz club of Alberta" and send a join request. Not very many people but they are from Edmonton and Calgary and sometimes organize MB meets. A couple people work at Weber and David Morris so you may even meet someone who'll help you out more.

Ahhh alright I'll check out that club. Btw there are eurodriver meets every Sunday or second Sunday if you're ever interested in attending one. (Haven't been at the meets due to all the issues with the car. I'll probably start attending them again when the new vehicle arrives though since Ferraris, Lambos, etc have been attending the meets lately)
Old 10-26-2014, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLA 250
OP if you can afford a CLA 45 you can afford a winter car,Even if the car is a lemon there's no need to wreck it even more.

yes the lemon law is a "joke" here that's why I only lease cars. If there's issues give it back and break the lease and move on...
Old 10-26-2014, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by KG29
OP if you can afford a CLA 45 you can afford a winter car,Even if the car is a lemon there's no need to wreck it even more.

yes the lemon law is a "joke" here that's why I only lease cars. If there's issues give it back and break the lease and move on...
MB Canada, and my dealership already have my back. (Due to some help from AMG calling MB Canada). So far a CLA 45 is ordered, and it should arrived sometime in February or March. Still debating whether to switch to the C63 though since I'd feel much better in that car.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLA 250
MB Canada, and my dealership already have my back. (Due to some help from AMG calling MB Canada). So far a CLA 45 is ordered, and it should arrived sometime in February or March. Still debating whether to switch to the C63 though since I'd feel much better in that car.
If that's really the case then just drive the car,you have a new CLA 45 coming so there's no real issues.

We have wanted to visit Alberta but we're not sure on the good/bad area's. I know everywhere has issues, but I have zero interest in that scene and the people.

It would only be a Condo/Appt to see if we like Alberta vs Ontario.

I know everyone is doing the pipeline career,but needing all those certificates makes me go "wow" Glass 5,CSTS/PST, H2S Alive and First Aid Safety Tickets. Geeze to make a few $$$

Wondering on the Engineering Jobs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63/C63 507 Edition winter drivability.