Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else NOT like the SLS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Not really a fan of the standard SLS, but the SLS Black is damn sexy.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
I've been looking at it for a while. Seen the "Black" edition up close.

I hate it.

I just can't get on board with that rounded swept back Viperesque look. I love my C63 and the E63 is cool too. Like the E350 too. Hate the G Wagon. Rather have a Defender 90... And I can't for the life of me understand the CLA. That thing is so damn ugly and awkward. I heard a CLA AMG go by the other day and it sounded like garbage. The price of it is retarded. You have to have your head checked if you're willing to spend that much money for a CLA AMG ($+50k), when you could have bought a C63 with 15-20k miles on it for the same price.

I've just never had such a love hate relationship with a brand. For me, before say 2004, Mercedes brought to mind the thought of a big expensive nice riding German box on wheels that you prayed never broken down because of the high cost of repairs.

Before AMG, I would have never touched a Merc and the way things are heading, I might never again after.

Ok, that's my rant. Anyone else not like some of the cars we are supposed to drool over?

don't have time to read the whole thread. but the sls to me is a gorgeous car.. esp the BS version. I would like to own one in the future.. gullwing and all.

however, a lot of the appeal of the SLS for me anyway is how the thing drives. I love the c63 but it is really like a little puppy when you are driving the SLS... it really is that good. slalom courses, straight lines... everything...

I do agree with the CLA thing... and I am thinking merc is starting to target downwards to reach a larger audience.. B, CLA, GLA .. all off the blcass chasis is pretty shocking.