★ New video of my C63 taking Soldiers sideways around a race track :D ★

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Estate
Talking ★ New video of my C63 taking Soldiers sideways around a race track :D ★

Hi all,

I did another charity event last week for the Help for Heroes & Not Forgotten Association, took the soldiers around the Brands Hatch Racing Circuit in England.

Car spent all day going into limp mode but was a great day!

Unfortunately I didn't check my GoPro settings and recorded the whole day in narrow view lol but hopefully still makes a good watch, let me know what you think, rate, subscribe etc

Loads of cooling modifications coming soon

Cheers,

T
Old 08-11-2014, 04:24 PM

2014 C63 AMG 507
Toby,

That was awesome man! As a vet myself, I can appreciate what you do for the ones that need a thrill. You sir are a good human being. Cheers mate, Wes
Old 08-11-2014, 05:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
HOOAH!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Looks like fun! Nice lookin out for vets! What cooling mods you planning?
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Good man!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
nice one, man! I'd love to do that for the vets as well. like you said, though, it's a bummer that the car can only go two laps.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Pop your whole grill out. Its super easy, and it really does help with cooling.

When you pull into the pits put your windows down and crank the heat on - that helps vent some of the residual heat out of there.

And of course, lift that hood up to the full vert. That one always makes me with we could get that underhood padding with a jumbo AMG logo on it...would look awesome.

And good on ya for finding a way to say thanks to the troops. I don't think enough people realize that no matter how you feel about the way they are used, those men and women go into the Forces for all the best reasons and they deserve respect for the sacrifices they are prepared to (and do) make.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:03 AM

C63 Estate
Originally Posted by WESLEY KAY
Toby,

That was awesome man! As a vet myself, I can appreciate what you do for the ones that need a thrill. You sir are a good human being. Cheers mate, Wes
Thanks Wes really appreciate your comment, they loved it to be honest, by the end of the day they were queuing for a ride in the 63 hehe, at the start everyone was like I want to go in the Ferrari not that estate car

Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
HOOAH!
Thanks bro

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Looks like fun! Nice lookin out for vets! What cooling mods you planning?
Thanks again, erm cooling wise gonna run either some 5w40 Motul 8100 which is a bit more gloopy than the Mobil 1 0w40 water or maybe some 5w50 like the SLS runs Might go for a uprated custom oil cooler but see how I get on first, going to activate "Desert mode" as well to get the fans to cone on a bit sooner

Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG
Good man!
Thanks bud

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
nice one, man! I'd love to do that for the vets as well. like you said, though, it's a bummer that the car can only go two laps.
Yeah I wanted to take them for more but had to go a bit easy to let the car keep up with my heavy right foot, until next year! Got Vmax coming up soon which is another supercar event so hope to shock a few Sunday drivers

Originally Posted by 604 C63
Pop your whole grill out. Its super easy, and it really does help with cooling.

When you pull into the pits put your windows down and crank the heat on - that helps vent some of the residual heat out of there.

And of course, lift that hood up to the full vert. That one always makes me with we could get that underhood padding with a jumbo AMG logo on it...would look awesome.

And good on ya for finding a way to say thanks to the troops. I don't think enough people realize that no matter how you feel about the way they are used, those men and women go into the Forces for all the best reasons and they deserve respect for the sacrifices they are prepared to (and do) make.
Great idea! I was tempted to take the front bumper off like I do with my drift car but thought it might look a bit ghetto lol

Next track I'm on grill is coming out super idea, I take it just a few screws? Never looked. You know when you put the bonnet up to 90 degrees, there are no clips right, you just push it past the normal point until it's vertical? I did the old heat track last time with the heaters so will make sure I keep doing this, just gets a bit sweaty

And with you re re the troops, it is sad as many of them commented on the fact no one really knew what they were doing out there but regardless of reason if I can give them some enjoyment regardless of how then I'm game, it's the least I can do! Another one next year so will make sure I don't record in narrow view again

Cheers all,

M
Old 08-17-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to future videos!

-Oleg
Old 08-17-2014, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
Great video. Thanks for posting it up.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:40 PM

C63 Estate
Originally Posted by OlegKouz
Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to future videos!

-Oleg
Thanks Oleg, deffo more coming, and with a Quaife, proper smoke time

Originally Posted by Grip Grip
Great video. Thanks for posting it up.
No worries bud!

I'm halt tempted to make a full competition spec C63 drift car lol, worlds first