Twin 507 Coupe Pics - Used 507 for Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
I don't really think that is the point. Saying who has the better C63.

They all start out as a base model and you add options.

Then it comes down to what knowledge the buyer is going in with. There are also many different types of buyers. I will also be the first to admit that I did not know every little in and out of a C63 when I bought my first one. However, approaching my second C63 was a different story.

Obviously you decide if you want sedan or coupe.

The next biggest thing (for me) was PP or not. I do not track the car and I also have no plans to supercharge. No PP it is. I'll take the cheaper brakes all day long. So I miss out on forged internals. Doesn't matter because the car wont see that kind of power.

Next, headlights. Oh my god. Sorry guys with halogens... I get some of you just went for it because everything else was perfect. For me, it could have been the deal of a century on a 507/BS whatever but if it had halogens I am not buying it.

As for the 507. I think it is a little unfortunate that it got branded as a type of a C63 rather than what it really is, a package. For instance, generally people with PP C63's just say "I have a C63." Then later will add it has the performance pack. Someone with a 507 says "I have a 507" when really you have a C63 with a 507 package.

With that out of the way, I'm not talking down on 507's as though they are a bad value. For some people they are a great value ESPECIALLY if you do not want to modify or risk the warranty.

I mentioned earlier that this doesn't matter to me. A tune + headers and I have more power than a 507 and furthermore, in theory, a 507 with a tune + headers has the same power as I do. All I am missing really is the hood which I can obviously get cheaper than a 507.

It is all a matter of who the buyer is and how educated they are particularly with the knowledge of what exactly they want.
Very well said! There is no good or bad, it's all about what the buyer is looking for. Forged internals, halogens vs HID, extra hp, different wheels or cosmetic options.

My dealer had a black one & a white one.. Both were priced at around 97k$ out the door.. Which is 20k$ more than my actual car & they wanted 50k$ extra after my trade-in modded car that only had 8k km. I laughed at them & they called me twice afterward to ask me how much I wanted to let go my car for.. I bet the salesman or someone at that dealership wanted my modded car. Lol

In summary, 97k$ is too much for me for a car that has the options I don't need.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63
Reading through here I don't understand the direction that the conversation took. I drive a C63.. I love my 63.. the sticker was about $78k.. I hustled a bit and even got a watch thrown in with the purchase. it has been my dream car for the past years and I am still grinning every time I drive it.
But! I also have a 2013 VW Jetta and for the price of the Mercedes I could have gotten five Jettas crashed them into each other and built a megatron.
Would I like a P31 or 507 or BS; yes. But if we want to knock any of them it seems odd to me especially considering we could all have gone out and bought a fleet of some other less awesome car for the money.
Cheers to all of the AMG cars for being a thing of beauty.