Sponsored by:

2015 M3 or C63 507 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 507
Originally Posted by bobbyzcar
To each his own I guess. I just traded my C63 coupe for an M4 and can honestly say that the M4 is better in EVERY way apart from exhaust note. I have taken out the carbon filter and modified my exhaust flaps so they always stay open and that has helped a lot. The car is loud and sounds nothing like in videos. Idle with the exhaust flaps open is louder then the C63, but admittedly, will never sound like a NA V8. It sounds like a 335i with an amazing aftermarket exhaust.
C63 is an AMAZING daily driver, but the M4 just feels way more track ready. Hard to explain...I suggest YOU drive both and decide for yourself.
That said, I am not brand loyal between the two and have no doubt AMG will turn out a great W205 and quite possibly will be back in a W205 C63 coupe in a few years.
I just did...I test drove M4 in three diff dealerships for about 2+ hours now on very twisty roads. So did I with the 507. Never driven the older C63 but You are right there is a HUGE difference. There is no comparison actually. M4 is way too soft for me. Even the BMW salesman asked me to stop comparing the these two. According to him they have a 'two very diff missions' and I do agree. There can't be any comparison between that NA V8 and the I6.
Forget the lesser torque and bhp, M4 just lacks soul period. It doesnt throw you at the back of your seat with the throttle like the 507 does, not even close. Only thing is M4 is fast but I could feel the turbo lag every time I press that pedal. The interior is much much better in the M4 no doubt. So is the fuel economy . I am not sure what you meant by track ready....I mentioned it will be my daily driver not a track car, I dont give a damn if its split of a sec faster on a track. That grunt of the 507 engine...aahh. Also to me 507 was much stiffer which I liked a lot.

507 is a clear winner to me (by far). But again, each to his own. Both are great cars , but I aint spending my 90 grand on a car with I6 engine, exhaust note of a V6 camry and specially when its being compared with the car that is already a future classic. (Again just my personal views based on the extensive test drives )

I am taking the delivery of my 507 this weekend.

Last edited by shams51; 09-23-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63amg507sedan
Smile hummmm......

guess im not quite clear....my point is that the c 63 507 is just a fun car , take a taxi stuff it full of mechanical goodies and go have fun ,girlfriend daughter luggage.....were on the road again..... its not the best this or the best that ,its not a track car , its a hot rod , and you dont get sticker shock in the showroom to top it all . day to day use i beleive you pick the one you find the cutest and go with it . now if the last tenth is a major point stop right now and get a 911gtrs and be done with it . in closing i will say that i do own a m3 , just not a 2014 one , i lovehot rods ,i just had to have the last hot rod .
Old 09-23-2014, 12:18 PM

C63 507
Originally Posted by c63amg507
guess im not quite clear....my point is that the c 63 507 is just a fun car , take a taxi stuff it full of mechanical goodies and go have fun ,girlfriend daughter luggage.....were on the road again..... its not the best this or the best that ,its not a track car , its a hot rod , and you dont get sticker shock in the showroom to top it all . day to day use i beleive you pick the one you find the cutest and go with it . now if the last tenth is a major point stop right now and get a 911gtrs and be done with it . in closing i will say that i do own a m3 , just not a 2014 one , i lovehot rods ,i just had to have the last hot rod .
that tells me you never driven a regular C63 let alone a 507...
Old 09-23-2014, 12:28 PM

c63amg507sedan
Smile 507....

sorry to tell you you are wrong but i do own a a c63 507 and i had to wait 5 months to get it ,over her its a pretty rare car and yes i have one , probably the only red one too .
Old 09-23-2014, 12:39 PM

C63 507
sorry to tell you you are wrong but i do own a a c63 507 and i had to wait 5 months to get it ,over her its a pretty rare car and yes i have one , probably the only red one too .
Sick...post some pics bro...
Old 09-23-2014, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by shams51
I just did...I test drove M4 in three diff dealerships for about 2+ hours now on very twisty roads. So did I with the 507. Never driven the older C63 but You are right there is a HUGE difference. There is no comparison actually. M4 is way too soft for me. Even the BMW salesman asked me to stop comparing the these two. According to him they have a 'two very diff missions' and I do agree. There can't be any comparison between that NA V8 and the I6.
Forget the lesser torque and bhp, M4 just lacks soul period. It doesnt throw you at the back of your seat with the throttle like the 507 does, not even close. Only thing is M4 is fast but I could feel the turbo lag every time I press that pedal. The interior is much much better in the M4 no doubt. So is the fuel economy . I am not sure what you meant by track ready....I mentioned it will be my daily driver not a track car, I dont give a damn if its split of a sec faster on a track. That grunt of the 507 engine...aahh. Also to me 507 was much stiffer which I liked a lot.

507 is a clear winner to me (by far). But again, each to his own. Both are great cars , but I aint spending my 90 grand on a car with I6 engine, exhaust note of a V6 camry and specially when its being compared with the car that is already a future classic. (Again just my personal views based on the extensive test drives )

I am taking the delivery of my 507 this weekend.
Congratulations! The 507 is a great car. My conclusion was vastly different. I found my C63 to be way too heavy, especially high up where it matters (roof). I find my M4 to be much more nimble and light and as far as being pushed back in my seat when I floor it, I feel the M4 to have a more eye widening factor. I felt the C63 I would floor it and not go anywhere, but my traction indicator would be lit up like a Christmas tree... or with TC off, I would just break the rear tires. In the M4 I really get thrown back. I do have a manual M4 though vs. my MCT C63 so maybe it is the feeling of the manual that I enjoy more. When I said it just feel more track ready, I mean it feels sort of like it is on rails when you push it. I love that there are options out there for all of us. You dont care about a couple of tenths on a race track, and I dont care about a couple of tenths on a quarter mile.
Either way, both great cars. You will enjoy your 507 no doubt.
I cant wait to see what the W205 C63 coupe will look like...I just hope it doesn't have 255 rear tires because it does not deserve that disrespect.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:20 PM

C63 507
thanks..I also loved the M4 exterior..just so slick. I think the transmission ( DCT ) in the M4 is better too. Enjoy the ride.

on a side note my 507 is coming with 275 rear ,255 front.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:46 AM

thanks..I also loved the M4 exterior..just so slick. I think the transmission ( DCT ) in the M4 is better too. Enjoy the ride.

on a side note my 507 is coming with 275 rear ,255 front.
Good Call. I had these sizes on my C63 (on Forgestar CF10's) and it helped a lot to get more of the power down.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:14 AM

2013 c63 coupe p31
good choice...and the 507 is 10k cheaper isnt it?

Even though the sound of the m4 hurts it tremendously...the m4 has a LOT going for it too.

M4: Looks stunning, very sexy. nice wide arches. nice bum.

Better handling. Lighter car. A little bit better interior. Better on gas. Adjustable shocks. Maintenance program. Better for track. No transmission
over heating problems. Very nice DCT. Better nav system. Whew! That's a lot of advantages.

C63: Looks good. Could have been better. Especially the rear.

Better steering feel. Umm..very good harman kardon system. Very good auto transmission..S+ mode. Manual mode is absolutely rubbish.

Special engine. Special sound. Better than w205 sound. Only corvette and ftype compare for this kind of muscle sound.

I would love to test drive an m4. But who knows, maybe afterwards I'd still keep the c63. Just a little more special. Like a dirty slutty hot *****...vs your clean girlfriend.

Last edited by AMGaintBAD; 09-25-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Felt like it.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:35 AM

C63 507
Originally Posted by AMGaintBAD
good choice...and the 507 is 10k cheaper isnt it?

Even though the sound of the m4 hurts it tremendously...the m4 has a LOT going for it too.

M4: Looks stunning, very sexy. nice wide arches. nice bum.

Better handling. Lighter car. A little bit better interior. Better on gas. Adjustable shocks. Maintenance program. Better for track. No transmission
over heating problems. Very nice DCT. Better nav system. Whew! That's a lot of advantages.

C63: Looks good. Could have been better. Especially the rear.

Better steering feel. Umm..very good harman kardon system. Very good auto transmission..S+ mode. Manual mode is absolutely rubbish.

Special engine. Special sound. Better than w205 sound. Only corvette and ftype compare for this kind of muscle sound.

I would love to test drive an m4. But who knows, maybe afterwards I'd still keep the c63. Just a little more special. Like a dirty slutty hot *****...vs your clean girlfriend.

With Black wheels, Special paint and the AMG Performance Media ( $extra 7000 ) it was the same as the M4 if not more... for my style of driving I much preferred the 507, more muscular... you need to test drive M4 side by side to know what I mean. Currently only Jag XFR-S can match its muscularity...again based n my test drive experience.

I guess I'm too novice to make the best out of M4 which according to experts is intended for very skilled drivers....you can't extract the juice of it in a day to day driving.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:59 AM

c63amg507sedan
Smile choices choices choises......

i do not know where you guys are from but im from montreal canada . here there was no performance options , no tire options ,no special paint options , and if you could have ordered one you only had choice of Wheel color...all mat black or aluminium milled and a few body colors , and as i said.....if.... because the few cars available where all spoken for and knowing someone i was offered betweem a dark grey or a red one , picked the red one.....and that was in may .....2013 . the car is not even on m.b. web site anymore . i believe that anybody waiting for one is being lied to , you will never have it . even used market is virtually non existant for 507 . in closing....even as an outdated car its still amazing and full of gizmos you will never use.....who checks traffic cams while driving.....cheaper than everybody else and in daly life you will never run away from me . its not the stick that makes the player its the player that makes the magic happen .
Old 09-25-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
i do not know where you guys are from but im from montreal canada . here there was no performance options , no tire options ,no special paint options , and if you could have ordered one you only had choice of Wheel color...all mat black or aluminium milled and a few body colors , and as i said.....if.... because the few cars available where all spoken for and knowing someone i was offered betweem a dark grey or a red one , picked the red one.....and that was in may .....2013 . the car is not even on m.b. web site anymore . i believe that anybody waiting for one is being lied to , you will never have it . even used market is virtually non existant for 507 . in closing....even as an outdated car its still amazing and full of gizmos you will never use.....who checks traffic cams while driving.....cheaper than everybody else and in daly life you will never run away from me . its not the stick that makes the player its the player that makes the magic happen .

There still is the coupe in production as a 2015 model.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:47 AM

2013 c63 coupe p31
With Black wheels, Special paint and the AMG Performance Media ( $extra 7000 ) it was the same as the M4 if not more... for my style of driving I much preferred the 507, more muscular... you need to test drive M4 side by side to know what I mean. Currently only Jag XFR-S can match its muscularity...again based n my test drive experience.

I guess I'm too novice to make the best out of M4 which according to experts is intended for very skilled drivers....you can't extract the juice of it in a day to day driving.
How come you didnt testdrive ftype? I wonder which car handles better...ftype or c63 coupe.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 287 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
You can order it now, still in production! Lots of color choices...
Still on MB Canada website!

If future value is important to you, the 507 is widely regarded as a future classic. The m3/4 will depreciate like a rock..
Old 10-24-2014, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Great review of M4 and c63 507

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but it's worth repeating a couple of key take-aways:

Conversely, there is a great theatrical crescendo in the AMG, and you can meter out changes in its cornering attitude based on millimetres of throttle adjustment. It should be noted, however, that the BMW engine is fantastic in isolation, and only eclipsed by what is a supercar-like engine that is basically perfection.
Where the M4 feels like a faster, larger version of the M235i, the C63 AMG Edition 507 is like a cut-price mini-supercar.

Every tester walked away from it enamoured by just how special it makes you feel, from its bombastic engine to every control that talks to you, wherever you’re driving it and at whatever speed. It’s exactly enough to make you forgive its old cabin and hard ride.

Where the BMW M4 is admired, the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Edition 507 is adored.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/297611/b...g-edition-507/

Last edited by Surge; 10-24-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:28 AM

ML350, e92 335i
Here is where i stand on this...

M3/M4 is a newer car, its more technologically advanced and the handling is amazing. Its a well balanced and powerful car and if are looking for a car you can easily take to a few track days... this is the car for you.

The 507 is a generation behind the new m3/m4 and of course that means the interior/tech wont be as up to date (but not far behind). but its got a nice sized v8 to make all sorts of wonderful sounds and put a smile on your face when you even slightly step on it. it probably wont be as good of a track car as the m3/4 but it wont be terrible either.

In the end though i would go for the 507... why? because i feel the 507 has a certain bad a$$ character. it looks nice and muscular from the showroom, and even more mean once you start adding some of the CF bits/suspension/exhaust options out there. Lastly, not to mention that its got an amazing engine that soon will be very hard to find with all the manufacturers going the FI route. I'd rather have the chance to own one of the few remaining landmark v8 engines produced.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:51 PM

'15 Polar White Edition 507 / 2010 Jeep Wrangler (kart hauler)
Congrats! I was in the same boat as you. I test drove a standard C63 AMG (no 507's available to test), an M4, RS5, and a Corvette Z51. Here's why I have a 507 in the garage.....Corvette - cheap and slow, M4-HATE synthetic exhaust through the stereo and not a fan of layered styling, RS5 - felt cumbersome and it had some sort of strang "blat" through the speakers at about 6500 rpms (synthetic exhaust I think???).

how are you getting 275's/255's on your car? Aftermarket wheels?
Old 11-04-2014, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The M3/4 actually does not have synthetic exhaust through the speakers. Most people think so, but what BMW actually does is amplify and pass engine sound (primarily intake noise) into the cabin.

I still don't like and it and think it's uber-lame, but wanted to set the record straight, it's not fake noise.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:17 PM

http://www.bmwblog.com/2013/09/25/ne...-active-sound/

You might want to read this Surge. Straight from BMW themselves, "The Active Sound technology debuted in the new M5. BMW said that it takes its cues from the driving situation at any one time to deliver an accurate reproduction of the engine’s sound through the car’s audio system. The system’s digital signal processing exchanges data directly with the engine management, allowing it to reflect the engine’s revs and torque, and the car’s speed over the road."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reproduction Reproduction = facsimile = fake. ;-)

Last edited by Spdrcrj; 11-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Right. I guess the confusion is over what is meant by "accurate reproduction".
It's actually the real sound of the engine bay, reproduced in the cabin…
It's not artificial or synthetic in any way, in that it's not recreated or made up. It's the real sound, from the engine bay, heard through the speakers.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surge
Right. I guess the confusion is over what is meant by "accurate reproduction".
It's actually the real sound of the engine bay, reproduced in the cabin…
It's not artificial or synthetic in any way, in that it's not recreated or made up. It's the real sound, from the engine bay, heard through the speakers.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're not going to win this one because it's not a fake sound

From Car & Driver:

M division engineers discovered that the F10 chassis, like that of so many other new cars these days, is so effective at insulating the cabin from road and engine noise that the M5 lost one of the characteristics that made the previous two iterations such visceral thrills to let off the leash: its bark. To give the driver a better feel for the engine, an exterior recording of the M5’s motor plays through the car’s stereo. The precise sample is determined by engine load and rpm. Some of the real engine notes are still audible to the driver, so the recording is more of a backing track. BMW says the setup helps the driver shift by ear and reduces the chances of bumping the rev limiter when using the full rpm range.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:55 PM

You're not going to win this one because it's not a fake sound

From Car & Driver:
unsubscribed and done.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL.
Highly amusing.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
The M3/4 actually does not have synthetic exhaust through the speakers. Most people think so, but what BMW actually does is amplify and pass engine sound (primarily intake noise) into the cabin.

I still don't like and it and think it's uber-lame, but wanted to set the record straight, it's not fake noise.
Pull the Active Sound fuse and come back and tell me if it's not fake. BMW marketing at it's finest. They got you.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 11-05-2014 at 01:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 M3 or C63 507 ?