Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My H&R Drop

 
Old 09-26-2014, 12:15 PM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,635
Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts
'10 C63
My H&R Drop

I just got my car back from getting H&R springs and 17mm spring pads installed. I gave them the crash bolts from Mercedes, but they said the alignment was close enough that they didn't recommend using them as it could just cause more headaches for now.


Driving impressions: The car feels more planted but less harsh. There are less rattles inside, I think due to the reduced body motions. It feels like it responds more sharply (could be due to the alignment) and has much less roll. When I hit a bump now, I feel like the car just responds to the bump really quickly and goes back to driving along. I never thought of the stock suspension as bouncy or floaty, but I think the H&Rs definitely make the car feel better. Also, no issues with the car pulling to either side.


Alignment specs:
Front Camber L/R: -2.01/-2.21
Front Toe in: 0.1 in/0.1 in
Rear Camber L/R: -1.71/-2.10
Rear Toe in: 0.15 in/0.15 in (my request for tire wear and less snappiness)
Thrust angle: 0.00


Now for the pics


Before (excuse the dirt):
My H&R Drop-21e105e2-b38d-4625-b5ea-ab627032c6f7_zpsfp9lk9c5.jpg
My H&R Drop-3b2c8cfb-4b85-447a-8c3f-5dc863220f56_zpswvdmtifk.jpg
My H&R Drop-5dfc2ab5-fe4d-4b8b-bf46-333772ab927a_zpscz2qfcxf.jpg


After (need spacers up front!):
My H&R Drop-8dab1bd3-90bd-495f-8eae-cc8ffa8d02d1_zpstjlvz1ko.jpg
My H&R Drop-b5226e8a-797a-4b83-9efb-ece04abe6ed4_zpsk85o18rb.jpg
My H&R Drop-ca508963-25f6-40be-a9ff-1fb6b5d75e52_zpsqaxjdg0j.jpg
My H&R Drop-9bb9abd7-ad6a-478a-aa3d-04f734f12215_zpsyv26dhh3.jpg
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 12:24 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
m a x i m u s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,068
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
looks nice and tight!
m a x i m u s is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 12:58 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,142
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 P30
nice. did you have the p30 package suspension before or the normal oem?
rentzington is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 12:59 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,635
Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts
'10 C63
I had the normal suspension.
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 01:52 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Autosport7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,671
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Ahhhhh yeah! Good stuff bro! Digginit!
Autosport7 is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 02:07 PM
  #6  
Member
 
an_DREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 99
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 P30
Looking good bro.

I told myself I was done with modding, but now I'm tempted to black out my window trim..
an_DREW is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 04:17 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,635
Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts
'10 C63
Thanks guys! Next up: spacers, carbon big fin diffuser, and headers. Eventually an LSD too.
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 05:05 PM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Sidv22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 947
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Looks great! tempted to pull the trigger on this since the ride quality is actually better and less harsh.
Do you think you feel all the bumps to a less extent?
Sidv22 is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 06:17 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,635
Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Sidv22 View Post
Looks great! tempted to pull the trigger on this since the ride quality is actually better and less harsh.
Do you think you feel all the bumps to a less extent?
I would say I still feel them but it just doesn't seem as jarring. My rear sunshade doesn't rattle on my drive to and from work now and I don't feel like my dash is going to fall apart on every bump. That is for small bumps like expansion joints. On large hits, the suspension definitely compresses less and it feels more like the suspension takes the hit and goes back to normal quicker. It's hard to explain. But like I said you can tell it's stiffer and more planted but I think due to the reduced body movement overall, the car feels smoother and less "harsh." It's by no means an E350 or something now. Just the edge seems to be taken off of expansion joints. And yes, tire pressures are still the same.
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 06:37 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
abcut973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denham Springs,LA
Posts: 3,704
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Your springs will settle with time. So come back in about a week or 100 miles so and give us your impressions.
Other than that looking good
abcut973 is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 PM
  #11  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,811
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 View Post
Thanks guys! Next up: spacers, carbon big fin diffuser, and headers. Eventually an LSD too.
Looks great
Do the LSD first, best mod imho
Really improves/transforms the car
Spacers too
Ingenieur is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 12:55 AM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,862
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
I keep telling ppl the car feels so much more comfy after my h&r drop, I'm not kidding. Lol

Love ur stance, and it will settle a bit more so good thing u opted for the 17mm pads.

Add 10mm spacers rear & 12mm spacers front with 40mm lugs & u won't recognize ur car. Lol
Roswell is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 01:20 AM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
SGTzAMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North California
Posts: 1,034
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550 & 92 300ZX
looks great!
SGTzAMG is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 02:02 AM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Turbo
Nice car man. The 17mm pads make the fit perfect.
Overrated is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 07:47 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,635
Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
I keep telling ppl the car feels so much more comfy after my h&r drop, I'm not kidding. Lol

Love ur stance, and it will settle a bit more so good thing u opted for the 17mm pads.

Add 10mm spacers rear & 12mm spacers front with 40mm lugs & u won't recognize ur car. Lol
I'll be honest, I was skeptical that the car would be more comfy. And the 17mm pads definitely helped. The rear is still just slightly lower, but I can't imagine how annoying it would be with the stock pads. Also, I don't know if a 10 mm will fit in the back. The 265 SO4s PPs I have on the rear are pretty square in shape. There's a small bump or lip inside the fender I'm worried about rubbing. I'm less worried about the look of the rear than I am the sunken in fronts. I'll definitely do 12s up front. My next set of tires will be PSS. Will 265 PSS rub in the rear on stock 18s?
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 09:16 AM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,722
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 Estate
such a perfect height.
well done
AMG893 is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 09:29 AM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,142
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 P30
so tempted to get some springs, just hesitant to replace the stock p30 springs but i love that ride height
rentzington is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 11:36 AM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,862
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 View Post
I'll be honest, I was skeptical that the car would be more comfy. And the 17mm pads definitely helped. The rear is still just slightly lower, but I can't imagine how annoying it would be with the stock pads. Also, I don't know if a 10 mm will fit in the back. The 265 SO4s PPs I have on the rear are pretty square in shape. There's a small bump or lip inside the fender I'm worried about rubbing. I'm less worried about the look of the rear than I am the sunken in fronts. I'll definitely do 12s up front. My next set of tires will be PSS. Will 265 PSS rub in the rear on stock 18s?
Sorry I didnt know u were on 265/35 rear... yes it will rub with 10mm even with PSS. Keep it as is.
Roswell is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 11:36 AM
  #19  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,811
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
I keep telling ppl the car feels so much more comfy after my h&r drop, I'm not kidding. Lol

Love ur stance, and it will settle a bit more so good thing u opted for the 17mm pads.

Add 10mm spacers rear & 12mm spacers front with 40mm lugs & u won't recognize ur car. Lol
Plus with 2 passengers it drops another 5-6 mm
Ingenieur is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 11:38 AM
  #20  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,811
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
Sorry I didnt know u were on 265/35 rear... yes it will rub with 10mm even with PSS. Keep it as is.
I have the same tire/spacer (not lowered though) set-up no rubbing in the rear
245/40 with 12 mm in the front and on downhill turns under heavy loading it rubs the liner, right side only

Last edited by Ingenieur; 09-27-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Ingenieur is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 11:39 AM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,862
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by Ingenieur View Post
Plus with 2 passengers it drops another 5-6 mm
Exactly... the 17mm pads saved me a lot of headaches while riding with passengers or a full trunk of groceries.
Roswell is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 12:13 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,722
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 Estate
also love your plates!
AMG893 is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 12:23 PM
  #23  
Super Member
 
Sidv22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 947
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 View Post
I would say I still feel them but it just doesn't seem as jarring. My rear sunshade doesn't rattle on my drive to and from work now and I don't feel like my dash is going to fall apart on every bump. That is for small bumps like expansion joints. On large hits, the suspension definitely compresses less and it feels more like the suspension takes the hit and goes back to normal quicker. It's hard to explain. But like I said you can tell it's stiffer and more planted but I think due to the reduced body movement overall, the car feels smoother and less "harsh." It's by no means an E350 or something now. Just the edge seems to be taken off of expansion joints. And yes, tire pressures are still the same.
Thanks for the reply! that looks so good and the rationale behind is convincing, as a result of which I am beginning to hate this forum lol
More visits to mbworld = more cash out of my pocket
Sidv22 is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 12:28 PM
  #24  
Member
 
ld63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 158
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 507 Sedan
I first put H&Rs on without 17mm pads - looked good at first but then settled and didn't look right. Rear sagged.

Installed the pads DIY (huge pita) and it looks great now. Definitely recommend getting the 17mm pads.

I also have and love the 10mmR/12mmF spacers, just watch out for the longer lugs hitting your parking brake. I had to get mine shaved down a couple mm in the rear.
ld63 is offline  
Old 09-27-2014, 12:56 PM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,635
Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
Sorry I didnt know u were on 265/35 rear... yes it will rub with 10mm even with PSS. Keep it as is.
Thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by AMG893 View Post
also love your plates!
Haha. Thanks. I had too many people asking "what's 'ah my gawd ahhh?'" So I ordered new ones: BCUZ AMG. They are on the way. When they come in I can mount the old ones on the wall in the garage
chrisridebike8 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My H&R Drop


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: