Old 03-17-2015, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG
Blast off in T-Minus........

Old 03-18-2015, 07:14 AM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
E63S AMG
Kriston - First off, I love it all. Great job with your build and your write-up.

Question for you - what is the difference between the Renntech intake / air boxes and the normal ROW airboxes from Weistec or ECS tuning? Other than the fact that they are much more expensive and look better, is there a discernible difference in function / performance?
Old 03-18-2015, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG
Hi There,

The Renntech intake is much different from the ROW boxes. The intake is 1 piece where as the ROW boxes are 3 pieces including the Rubber / Y inlet into the intake plenum. The overall design is much different. The engine temp has dropped by 3 degrees post install as well.

The design is to take in more air of course, however from my discussions with Renntech, the design / shape of the box is to reduce turbulent air flow.

I dyno'd the car after the intake install and it made almost 10WHP gain. So it definitely makes some power.

Originally Posted by kjkidd21
Kriston - First off, I love it all. Great job with your build and your write-up.

Question for you - what is the difference between the Renntech intake / air boxes and the normal ROW airboxes from Weistec or ECS tuning? Other than the fact that they are much more expensive and look better, is there a discernible difference in function / performance?