C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could the C63 snap as quickly as in that M4 crash ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Merc63
Come on Diabolis with this TC bull****. Sure AMG wants it left on, you're driving their cars are you not? Lol

If you can't control your car with TC off its too much of a car for you period. TC is a bandaid to keep you on the road.

I'm not saying TC is completely useless, but to depend on it all the time on a public road, you got problems.

I've had a couple scares on the street but that is something you learn from, you can't learn with nanny TC on all the time.

This is a perfect example of what I am saying. Guy buys m4, drives with TC on all the time, tries to show off a bit and doesnt have a clue how to correct the car as it gradual steps out on him. Practice makes perfect.
People who insist on leaving the TC on likely don't have any car control or track experience operating a car at its or their limit...

I've been told I'm an idiot for kicking the rear out here and there on the street. It wasn't until they came for a ride at the track that they realized how minor it actually was.

Last edited by Jasonoff; 01-08-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31
Come on Diabolis with this TC bull****. Sure AMG wants it left on, you're driving their cars are you not? Lol

If you can't control your car with TC off its too much of a car for you period. TC is a bandaid to keep you on the road.

I'm not saying TC is completely useless, but to depend on it all the time on a public road, you got problems.

I've had a couple scares on the street but that is something you learn from, you can't learn with nanny TC on all the time.

This is a perfect example of what I am saying. Guy buys m4, drives with TC on all the time, tries to show off a bit and doesnt have a clue how to correct the car as it gradual steps out on him. Practice makes perfect.
The fact that you self admittingly have had "scary moments" indicate you were not in complete control of your car at every moment.

You were able to recover from your mistakes - good for you. Unfortunately, the rest of us weren't born perfect drivers and we've had to learn the hard way. Luckily for us most of our accidents weren't put on YouTube.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order

Hi Merc63,

Yes, AMG wants it on because you're driving their cars. I witnesssed someone write off an E63S at the ADA, but I highly doubt it would have hurt any less if it was his own car.

I completely agree that you need to learn how to control the car without the TC. However, *the street* is NOT a place where you want to take the safety nannies off, lest you hit an oil slick or an ice patch where even the best drivers can benefit from a system that is able to brake an indivudual wheel and react in 1/1000th of the time it would take a human to react. Do learn how to drive yoru car with the TC off. Just not on the road that you're goign to share with others. I have had more than just a couple of scares - I've written off cars at the track. Doing it on the street with other people around can mean writing off someone else's life though, which is the ONLY part I take issue with.

You're right about "Guy buys m4, drives with TC on all the time, tries to show off a bit and doesnt have a clue how to correct the car as it gradual steps out on him. Practice makes perfect." But you'd also have to agree that me saying "Guy is an idiot for turning TC off seeing as Guy buys m4, drives with TC on all the time etc. " is also a valid statement. In his case, either the TC or better driving skills could have saved it. In other cases, even the combined benefit of BOTH of those may not be able to recover from one. So - why take the risk and endanger others on a public road? If you are going to gun it where you could hurt someone, at least keep the added safety of the TC on. If you're by yourself on a skid pad or in an empty parking lot, then definitely turn it off an have some fun, and call me as I'd love to join you.

Last edited by Diabolis; 01-08-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by unruin
The fact that you self admittingly have had "scary moments" indicate you were not in complete control of your car at every moment.

You were able to recover from your mistakes - good for you. Unfortunately, the rest of us weren't born perfect drivers and we've had to learn the hard way. Luckily for us most of our accidents weren't put on YouTube.
Or "learn" in a proper environment instead of the "hard" way...
Old 01-08-2015, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Or "learn" in a proper environment instead of the "hard" way...
My point exactly. The street (with people) isn't the proper environment.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG
Man that sucks that it was caught on tape. This thing is all over the internet.

Im sure many of us has had an accident in our lifetime. Learn and move on.

Kinda douchebaggery about him going to driving school etc to justify the accident. I think if he came out and said hey guys i apologize it was an error. This whole scenario would have gone another direction.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Diabolis
My point exactly. The street (with people) isn't the proper environment.
But if you're making a left and there's nobody around. Throttle mash at the apex...
Old 01-08-2015, 10:09 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series

None, not even the best in the world were born "perfect drivers". Sure, some have more "natural talent", but car control is acquired by practice. With the "nannies" turned on you'll never improve on your skills, because they mask any mistake you make and bail you out.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SMP
None, not even the best in the world were born "perfect drivers". Sure, some have more "natural talent", but car control is acquired by practice. With the "nannies" turned on you'll never improve on your skills, because they mask any mistake you make and bail you out.

Finally someone with a brain.

I never claimed to be perfect, but years of driving with ESP off have been a great teacher.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
He didn't correct at all lol that is hilarious.

Does that car have an LSD? Doesn't look like it.
All F80/F82 M3s/M4s come with LSDs standard.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:12 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 AMG
sad yet funny in the same sense. Especially after reading the thorough breakdown of the driver's "skills". Nonetheless, no point kicking someone when they are down and he should have just left it as being an error and called it a day instead of going on massive damage control.

I've slammed my foot down from 30mph with ESC/TC off many times in the C63 and it has gotten quite loose but nothing insane or uncontrollable. I am not extremely skilled or gods gift to the driving world but I was able to counter steer and provide corrections as and when needed. Maybe it's because I grew up riding the **** out of sportbikes that is coming in handy but who knows.

Last edited by Razzy; 01-08-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bentley Cont GT, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, S63,Ferrari 599, Ferrari 458
What I learned from this video: stock M4 exhaust is horrible.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:37 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series

I never claimed to be perfect, but years of driving with ESP off have been a great teacher.
Lol ... when I learned how to drive, electronic driver aids didn't exist. I owned some tail happy cars over the years. My CLK is one of them ... even with the nannies turned on, it still allows for a 3 degree slip angle, which for most people is unnerving.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Townshend
What I learned from this video: stock M4 exhaust is horrible.
All M turbo exhaust is terrible. I have to listen to it all day
Old 01-09-2015, 12:06 AM

Yet you claim to be able to be able to prevent a crash that you were not involved in.

All I'm saying is the entire car internet community is peeing in this guy's cheerios because he made a mistake. Give him a break! You don't see us talking about that haircut of yours.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:37 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Yet you claim to be able to be able to prevent a crash that you were not involved in.

All I'm saying is the entire car internet community is peeing in this guy's cheerios because he made a mistake. Give him a break! You don't see us talking about that haircut of yours.
Not because he made a mistake which can happen to anyone, but perhaps for the fact that he claimed to have years of road course experience with high powered rear wheel drive cars and graduated from several (not just one, lol) formula racing schools with advanced car control. He dug that hole himself
Old 01-09-2015, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by SMP
Not because he made a mistake which can happen to anyone, but perhaps for the fact that he claimed to have years of road course experience with high powered rear wheel drive cars and graduated from several (not just one, lol) formula racing schools with advanced car control. He dug that hole himself
My best friend growing up was a native Puerto Rican. He took a Spanish class in high school and got a D in it. I wonder if he drives an M4.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SMP

Lol that's hilarious.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah - it's pretty far-fetched to believe he's had any HPDE training, let alone experence in a formula car. Even at the local PCA and BMW clubs we don't let anyone out on the track (with an instructor) unless they have done the skid-pad training. You need to spin out a few times and demonstrate that you can correct the skid at low speeds before you can even get out on the black stuff. That was a rookie mistake, pure and simple. Sure, it was the 1.5 psi tire pressure difference that caused it, not him...

Old 01-09-2015, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
People who insist on leaving the TC on likely don't have any car control or track experience operating a car at its or their limit...

I've been told I'm an idiot for kicking the rear out here and there on the street. It wasn't until they came for a ride at the track that they realized how minor it actually was.
LOL, your internet ***** is bigger than everyone else's!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by norb
LOL, your internet ***** is bigger than everyone else's!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Having read this thread from the beginning, and having also just migrated over from the BMW E92 (335i) forum, I am very impressed by something here. You guys can actually spell, put a coherent sentence together, and argue without (for the most part) calling each other tools, douchebags, losers, etc. Good job keeping the bar where it should be.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,444 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I'm pretty sure if you pay for a driving school you WILL graduate from it...
Old 01-09-2015, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Ok, now I'm getting intrigued. Having never had a desire to abuse my car at a racetrack, all of this "learn the limits of your car in a controlled environment" chatter has me thinking about getting a little instruction myself. I romped my 507 in a straight line from about 30 the other day and felt it get momentarily squirrely, and that video now has me a bit reluctant to do it again.

I'm in So Cal. What would you folks recommend as a performance driving 101 course for someone with ZERO performance driving experience? I'd prefer to drive someone else's car if possible.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by HBC350
Having read this thread from the beginning, and having also just migrated over from the BMW E92 (335i) forum, I am very impressed by something here. You guys can actually spell, put a coherent sentence together, and argue without (for the most part) calling each other tools, douchebags, losers, etc. Good job keeping the bar where it should be.
Welcome to the benz forums where everyone who wears a helmet and drives around parking cones in an empty lot is an F1 driver.

I recently moved over from the M3post and must admit I miss it sometimes. They tend to have more relevant content and pictures. I wish the C63 platform had as many tuners as the e9x does.

Example: http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=302

But if you want to here why Weistec is better than * (now and until forever) you're in the right place!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Could the C63 snap as quickly as in that M4 crash ?