C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Service Costs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Service Costs

I've had our little C63 for near four years.
While looking on the Internet for service coupons I noticed Anheim Mercedes had trans service for 249 regular 349.
I've been quoted 429 here in Tn at two Dealerships depending on amount of trans fluid.
They pull the pan at this service.
What gives?
This Dealer always gives great service but a hundred bucks is a lot to me.
Air filters change is 149.00 that seems a bit much?
Old 02-02-2015, 02:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by Tinbucket
While looking on the Internet for service coupons I noticed Anheim Mercedes had trans service for 249 regular 349.
I've been quoted 429 here in Tn at two Dealerships depending on amount of trans fluid.
What gives?
Just bought two new air filters from getmercedesparts.com for $63.77 with tax. It should take me around 30 minutes to drink a beer and change them both. For me, i'd rather save the money and do the labor myself.

Regarding the trans service, see if your dealer will match prices of other dealers.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 375 Likes on 335 Posts
2014 E63 AMGs, 2015 F-150 Lariat, 2010 Porsche C4S
What gives?

If you can get tranny serviced for anything under $400... jump on it. I have the stuff to do mine, and did my Daughter's C300. It takes quite a while, and there's a lot that goes into the process.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Tinbucket - I mean no disrespect, but you're balking at a $100 and you drive a C63? Perhaps you ought to readjust your expectations and maybe get something that's a little cheaper to run. It's a Mercedes, with a 6.3L engine to boot - the service costs come with the territory. Like, what did you really expect? Running and maintenance costs that are the same as on a Toyota Tercel?

I don't mean this in a condescending way - I've bitten off more than I could chew in the past myself, and it has always resulted in bitter dissapointment. If you can't afford the service - and on a 4-year-old car the costs are only going to go up - maybe it's time to downsize and minimize your losses while you can. Just my $0.02.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Tinbucket - I mean no disrespect, but you're balking at a $100 and you drive a C63? Perhaps you ought to readjust your expectations and maybe get something that's a little cheaper to run. It's a Mercedes, with a 6.3L engine to boot - the service costs come with the territory. Like, what did you really expect? Running and maintenance costs that are the same as on a Toyota Tercel?

I don't mean this in a condescending way - I've bitten off more than I could chew in the past myself, and it has always resulted in bitter dissapointment. If you can't afford the service - and on a 4-year-old car the costs are only going to go up - maybe it's time to downsize and minimize your losses while you can. Just my $0.02.
I'm not sure he was balking at the $100 difference, but instead I believe he was just trying to understand why there is such a gap in prices. I can understand someone wanting to post a simple (and free) question on the internet to try and save some money down the road. I'd take $100 in my pocket any day of the week if it cost me only a few minutes of my time to ask a question here. That said, if that $100 is going to break the bank, then losses need to be cut and the car should be sold.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by jmueller
I'm not sure he was balking at the $100 difference, but instead I believe he was just trying to understand why there is such a gap in prices. I can understand someone wanting to post a simple (and free) question on the internet to try and save some money down the road. I'd take $100 in my pocket any day of the week if it cost me only a few minutes of my time to ask a question here. That said, if that $100 is going to break the bank, then losses need to be cut and the car should be sold.
That's how I took it as well, the prices seem reasonable but one being that much cheaper does seem strange

100bucks saved is 100 bucks saved regardless of your budget
Old 02-03-2015, 01:12 PM

C63
I didn't know you had to have your financial statement handy t inquire about saving money.
No We've never made over 000,000.00 a year. Won't make it again.
Car is paid for and we have what we have by not spending money as if it had no value.
I have tipped some young person because of service and I felt I wanted/needed to help.
When we had our boat it was like a hole in the water you throw you money into.
As a Disabled Vet I do fair unlike the wealthy on Corporate Welfare
Old 02-03-2015, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
I didn't know you had to have your financial statement handy t inquire about saving money.
No We've never made over 000,000.00 a year. Won't make it again.
Car is paid for and we have what we have by not spending money as if it had no value.
I have tipped some young person because of service and I felt I wanted/needed to help.
When we had our boat it was like a hole in the water you throw you money into.
As a Disabled Vet I do fair unlike the wealthy on Corporate Welfare
Look - as I said, I did not intend my comments to come across as condescending in any way, and I have nothign but the utmost respect for those who serve and are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for their country. I was merely pointing out that service on a Mercedes of any description is not a cheap proposition, and the fact that you yourself indicated that you are looking for service discount coupons and that $100 is not insignificant led me to speculate that perhaps you're living beyond your means. If spending $100 is an issue and you can't afford to service the car properly, you're better off selling it while it's still worth something and getting a cheaper car instead of letting it become a liability that you can't afford to service or drive. It's not about overpaying - we all want to save a few bucks if we can - but rather the very wording of your post that led me to believe you may not able to afford it. My apologies if I offended you in any way, but the harsh reality is that a Mercedes is not an inexpensive car to own and maintain, and that not everyone is able to afford it.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I've had our little C63 for near four years. While looking on the Internet for service coupons I noticed Anheim Mercedes had trans service for 249 regular 349. I've been quoted 429 here in Tn at two Dealerships depending on amount of trans fluid. They pull the pan at this service. What gives? This Dealer always gives great service but a hundred bucks is a lot to me. Air filters change is 149.00 that seems a bit much?
Was the price from Anaheim for AMG's? Sometimes those coupons have fine print that says "AMG is extra", or something like that. In any event, you can get better pricing from an independent shop, just be sure to find a good one. Basic things like engine oil and filter, air filter, cabin filter, and brake pad/rotor replacement are relatively easy DIY's as well.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:38 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Look - as I said, I did not intend my comments to come across as condescending in any way, and I have nothign but the utmost respect for those who serve and are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for their country. I was merely pointing out that service on a Mercedes of any description is not a cheap proposition, and the fact that you yourself indicated that you are looking for service discount coupons and that $100 is not insignificant led me to speculate that perhaps you're living beyond your means. If spending $100 is an issue and you can't afford to service the car properly, you're better off selling it while it's still worth something and getting a cheaper car instead of letting it become a liability that you can't afford to service or drive. It's not about overpaying - we all want to save a few bucks if we can - but rather the very wording of your post that led me to believe you may not able to afford it. My apologies if I offended you in any way, but the harsh reality is that a Mercedes is not an inexpensive car to own and maintain, and that not everyone is able to afford it.
Appologies. I should have not replied . Some little kid still in me.