MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
i'm hungry.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:48 PM

Received 221 Likes on 142 Posts
2010 C63 AMG RIP. 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2013 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by abcut973
Now I understand better why I saw that car @ EC back in November!
But I still don't approve these threads popping up out of nowhere ... not really contributing to the forum at all.
GL anyways with your issue.
It contributes to the forum if a costumer has an issue with a tuner then he should share it.
Damn the tuners post every single sale on the forum and bump it twice a week. That **** is annoying.

IMO saying that the tune was altered by a third party is very weak and too easy to make that statement.
I'm sure they have a screenshot or some sort of a picture of the modified tune if that is such an important fact.
I would make sure I document something like it just in case.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
You have the facts all wrong. The shop didn't get "shut down". The Eurocharged name has been removed due to the issues, but the shop is still open and probably up to the same business practices.

http://www.iapracing.com/

You did not save ANYONE from Eurocharged, you saved them from Paul Sullivan. Eurocharged did the right thing and pulled the franchise.

This is all I will say since there is a pending lawsuit.
No wonder your customer service sucks. Too busy e-thugging and not delivering tunes and parts to people who paid from Black Friday. This is one of the reasons EC DC closed cause EC DC can hardly deliver anything on time because no one ever picks up the phone at Eurocharged Houston. Copying Kleeman headers and saying they are your own. I wish Kleeman one day finds out that you guys are copying their product to the T. Copying Chevy header pics on eBay also? LOL! Who you going to throw under the bus then? Paul?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBC-Camaro-Chevelle-Stainless-Steel-Shorty-Headers-Chevy-396-402-427-454-502-/161598233984?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25a0015d80&vxp=mtr
http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...der-kit-detail

You guys are so childish. You blaming Paul cause the business didn't work? I am sure there is more to that story but you rather save your name and throw someone else under the bus. I bet there is a "pending" lawsuit to make a quick dollar back. Makes total sense.

Last edited by djrabbi; 02-12-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
Guys - Eurocharged has the car now and it hasn't left our facility since mid 2014. We have NEVER tuned the car previously.

We have no idea who might have tuned it before.
I know you guys are stand up guys, glad to hear it was not your tune on the car. I guess only the OP knows the real story, but if it is not a Wesitec tune and it is not a EC tune he needs to start talking. He needs to wake up and realize he could be opening himself up to a nice big defamation lawsuit by posting libalious, slanderous and defaming false or misleading information.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Ahh this forum, It's really gone down hill...Glad I don't come on it much anymore, seems like a bunch posers

So many wanna-be ballers, Drive an AMG but cries when a $2,000 bill comes up...

I laugh, I really do, alotta guys "brag" about having an AMG but when the repair bill comes around they'll cry and point the finger "Wasn't me!!!! I'm an angel"

Dude, the car blew up, throw more money at the problem like the rest of the world does, because when my car blew up TWICE now, I chucked some cash at it and guess what..it's back on the road, no threads of me crying,

Could my tunes of blown up the intake manifold TWICE in 1.5 years? Sure, probably did..do I care? *** no, I've had so many laughs I don't care what the cost is.

I accepted that it's a MACHINE and CAN/WILL break, It's not our fault you can't afford to keep an AMG. That's your stupid financial choice.

People are way to cheap these days
Old 02-12-2015, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by avery.whss
Ahh this forum, It's really gone down hill...Glad I don't come on it much anymore, seems like a bunch posers

I laugh, I really do, alotta guys "brag" about having an AMG but when the repair bill comes around they'll cry and point the finger "Wasn't me!!!! I'm an angel"

Dude, the car blew up, throw more money at the problem like the rest of the world does, because when my car blew up TWICE now, I chucked some cash at it and guess what..it's back on the road, no threads of me crying,

Could my tunes of blown up the intake manifold TWICE in 1.5 years? Sure, probably did..do I care? *** no, I've had so many laughs I don't care what the cost is.

I accepted that it's a MACHINE and CAN/WILL break, It's not our fault you can't afford to keep an AMG. That's your stupid financial choice.

Your posts all have the same underlying theme. You are awesome because you can afford to repair anything and everything that happens to your AMG (whether it's MBZ fault, your fault, tuner's fault) and anyone who complains about any cost related to the car is a moron who probably couldn't afford the car anyway. If we all agree that you are the man will you chime in with something different next time?

I'm not even going to mention all of the grammatical errors in your posts that detract from any real message that might be hidden deep down in there somewhere.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol, well said!
Old 02-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by HBC350
Your posts all have the same underlying theme. You are awesome because you can afford to repair anything and everything that happens to your AMG (whether it's MBZ fault, your fault, tuner's fault) and anyone who complains about any cost related to the car is a moron who probably couldn't afford the car anyway. If we all agree that you are the man will you chime in with something different next time?

I'm not even going to mention all of the grammatical errors in your posts that detract from any real message that might be hidden deep down in there somewhere.
Never said i was the man, but do you go out and buy a $5 million house when you're making $50k a year? Nope.

You guys put extra stress on your life and hassle when it could all be solved with the almighty dollar, none of this dragging a repair out for weeks and weeks..get it done and over with, move on with your life. Thats all I'm saying

Instead of getting all depressed/stressed out, FIX IT, Get back in, and go have some laughs..Thats why you bought an AMG in the first place, not to sit in a shop and point fingers at what/who broke it...

Who cares about my grammar? the fact someone takes time out of their day to get bent over how i type is flattering, thanks for wasting the precious time you have been given on going through how i type to try and belittle me you must really value yourself
Old 02-12-2015, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HBC350
Hey, I don't always agree with him but he hit the nail on the head with that post. You want a big fancy 600-1000hp German car? You better be prepared for the worst then. I am taking brand new AMG engines and having Weistec bring them up to 800 to well over 1000hp and I know the risks. Now you have guys buying second and third hand used higher mile cars and putting that kind of power through them, something eventually is going to give. Weistec builds a great and more importantly proven and safe product however Weistec can not be held responsible for abuse, neglect or other tunes or non-wesitec modification contributing to an issue should one ever arise. It is so cliche but you have to pay to play. If you can not afford to fix if if it breaks you simply can't afford it period.

Last edited by jrcart; 02-12-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I've seen a lot of these threads come and go.
I have also seen Weistec provide document after document standing behind their work. I have also seen some very good arguments regarding work that has been done by many vendors.
Never have I once heard of the parameters of a vendors tune being changed and still been considered that vendors tune. I too thought the encryption of a tune was not capable of being changed without re-tuning the car.
At the end of the day no matter whose tune is in the car, I cant imagine one of them destroying, not one, but two, transmissions in such a short period of time.
Weistec, did you guys check the parameters of the tune before installing the repaired transmission? Was the tune faulty then? Or was the check done after the second tranny blew?
I have been a Weistec critic before and ultimately Weistec stood behind the product and remedied the situation from what I know.
Good luck op.

Last edited by Autosport7; 02-12-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by sventastic82
It contributes to the forum if a costumer has an issue with a tuner then he should share it.
Damn the tuners post every single sale on the forum and bump it twice a week. That **** is annoying.
What's constructive in bashing a vendor in a thread when all the facts do not add up?
But I do agree REAL issues or poor practises have to be reported.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
Hey, I don't always agree with him but he hit the nail on the head with that post. You want a big fancy 600-1000hp german car? you better be prepared for the worst. I am taking brand new AMG engines and having Wesitec bring them up to 800-well over 1000hp and I know the risk, now you have guys buying second and third hand used higher mile cars and putting that kind of power through them, something eventually is going to give. Weistec builds a great and more importantly proven and safe product however Wesitec can not be held responsible for abuse, neglect or other tunes or non-wesitec modification contributing to an issue should one ever arise. It is so cliche but you have to pay to play. If you can not afford to fix if if it breaks you simply can't afford it period.
And every member on here probably knows I don't always agree with you Jim, and typically call you out when I feel you are just being a fan boy who revels in your own success. Having said that, I have grown to appreciate your self entitled bs demeanor along with your insight and wealth of knowledge as you do have more experience than any other member on this forum with Weistec. I gotta say, I can not disagree with anything you have said here.
Here-in-lies the issue OP. You purchased a second hand C63, one that was highly modified, you should be delighted they helped you on the initial tranny replacement as most vendors will only warranty through the original owner. Now, the second transmission, should have a full warranty on it from Weistec, they would have filled the tranny with oil, they should have also checked the parameters of the tune before letting the car go down the road with the new tranny. If they did not do this, then I would say that is neglect on their end and should replace the tranny again as it is now their name with a new owner.

Just my .02 which isn't worth much.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series

I dont even want to say how much cash Ive recently thrown into the BS to keep it running :'( -A tracked car requires a lot of "play" money... needless to say Im not drinking as much these days LOL
Old 02-12-2015, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
I dont even want to say how much cash Ive recently thrown into the BS to keep it running :'( -A tracked car requires a lot of "play" money... needless to say Im not drinking as much these days LOL
I just tell myself Old Grand Dad taste just as good as Blanton's so I don't have to cut back.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Hit the nail on the head. A high-performance engine in a C-class is the culprit. I love my C, but the depreciation hit on these is enormous. That's why the market is flooded with fairly late-model ~40k examples to be had, that offer up a level of luxury and engineering that can't possibly be matched by any new car in that range. You were bound to see this. Even the Porsche 996TT forums have seen it when they started to drop like a rock on the secondary market. No offense meant - it's great in a number of ways. But you do get people who have zero experience with true high performance, or the costs associated with it, popping up on these forums like this.

At least it's not more talk about the best way to plastidip badges, or installing high output puddle lights.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
At least it's not more talk about the best way to plastidip badges, or installing high output puddle lights.
Hahaha ^I may have asked about plastidip in a previous life
Old 02-12-2015, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
I'd take cosmetic plastidip and vendor "bump" threads over the whining and trolling I've read today.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by rediesel
I'd take cosmetic plastidip and vendor "bump" threads over the whining and trolling I've read today.

AMEN!!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by rediesel
at least it provides some level of entertainment value.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:58 PM
GRP

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
2010 C63
This thread like most others of its ilk is simply misinformation.

The original post is only semi comprehensible.

What is so hard about setting out the facts (as the op sees them) in point form date order with details of contact/correspondence etc?

Does the need for new stickies now extend past wheels, tyres, brakes, oil to how to complain about a vendor?
Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Why are you guys comparing buying a used car and modding it to this??

The guy bought a car that was already built with this stuff and it blew up. He didn't buy a used car and and mod it himself. I would be choked too.

Having said that, don't **** with your car if you don't want to deal with issues or can't turn a wrench or at least have the bank roll to pay someone that knows what their doing.

Funny how guys think there is no one with issues with blowers, lots of guys have had issues. I had issues. Weistec fixed me up, it took some time, but I am running good. Steve even flew out here to help.

You bolt a blower on your car and it blows up, you can't expect Weistec to take up the bill. Modify at your own risk. Do they specify a warranty on the built trannys? To my knowledge I don't see anything on their site that says there is a warranty...
Old 02-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,024 Likes on 1,413 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Merc63
Why are you guys comparing buying a used car and modding it to this??

The guy bought a car that was already built with this stuff and it blew up. He didn't buy a used car and and mod it himself. I would be choked too.

Having said that, don't **** with your car if you don't want to deal with issues or can't turn a wrench or at least have the bank roll to pay someone that knows what their doing.

Funny how guys think there is no one with issues with blowers, lots of guys have had issues. I had issues. Weistec fixed me up, it took some time, but I am running good. Steve even flew out here to help.

You bolt a blower on your car and it blows up, you can't expect Weistec to take up the bill. Modify at your own risk. Do they specify a warranty on the built trannys? To my knowledge I don't see anything on their site that says there is a warranty...
Excellent points..many on here think a simple tune is totally benign and cannot.. Cannot cause any damage ... There's many reasons that Benz stopped at a certain amount of power output in the stock format... Of which longevity and reliability and safety was a consideration I'm sure
Old 02-13-2015, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55

Spoken like a real boss… You're right, too many wannabe ballers with unrealistic expectations of a car that is being pushed hard.

Not taking any shots at the OP… GL with your unfortunate situation.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Not to kick the OP any more than he's already been kicked, but once he said he bought a used stage 3 Weistec C63, the discussion should've ended right there.

GL getting the problem resolved. Even if you do get the car up and running as it should, it's going to be a costly resolution.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tfthach13
Not to kick the OP any more than he's already been kicked, but once he said he bought a used stage 3 Weistec C63, the discussion should've ended right there.

GL getting the problem resolved. Even if you do get the car up and running as it should, it's going to be a costly resolution.

So are you saying if I sold my car the buyer is an idiot? Well I must be one too for modding it with that logic.

I've been running mine for 25,000km daily driven, 1500km road trips through the mountains etc, never let me down once.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec ruins cars and refuse to take responsibility