The perfect rim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by Roswell
lol yup Benson, u will always be the crazy baller for chopping a nice set of HRE S101.
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up a minute! I am to take it that Hedges real name is Benson? Those are his two names? Benson & Hedges?!?! Fan-frickin-tastic.

Then definitely get on in here and get yourself some circular love.

User names. He's doing it properly.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up a minute! I am to take it that Hedges real name is Benson? Those are his two names? Benson & Hedges?!?! Fan-frickin-tastic.

Then definitely get on in here and get yourself some circular love.

User names. He's doing it properly.
Benson & Hedges
Old 02-23-2015, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by unruin
I bought an intake for one of my cars once. The thing worked for a month or so then fell apart. I took it back to the store I bought it from asking for a replacement under warranty and the shop said no. I disputed the charge, got my money back, then got a free replacement from the manufacturer. The shop then called me back asking me to bring the intake back in. I said no and threw it in the trash.

I've disputed 4 charges in my lifetime (for good reason) and have won all of them. Of course you need to try to resolve the issue with the company you are buying from first but if all else fails, it's good to have the law on your side.

Customer satisfaction
Some disputes are not the result of unauthorized credit card use. Rather, they start because the customer disputes the quality of the goods or services purchased. The best way to avoid this type of Chargeback is to work closely with the customer to establish a mutually satisfactory solution.

https://www.dalpay.com/en/support/chargebacks.html
Please... let us know who you bank with 'cause I'd like to get their credit card. Do we have to move to Iceland like it says in the link you posted?

I am still convinced you've been smoking something rather powerful... because even in the fictional story in that link, it clearly talks about chargebacks as a result of fraud. Fraud is when you pay someone for somwthing but instead he sends you nothing or perhaps a potato instead of the watch you bought. When it comes to wheels or any other item that actually resembles the item that you agreed to buy, it is no longer a matter of fraud but rather your expectations of quality vs. those of the seller, and every single card issuing back will deny your request and tell you to take it up with the seller.

Perhaps it is you that needs to do more research - I've run my own business for over 20 years, among other things we provide consulting services to a couple of large banks, and I have also tried to dispute a charge or two in past myself so I'd say my information is very accurate. When someone had bought 20 barrels of diesel fuel in Australia, the bank immediately reversed the charges and apologized for not catching it without even asking me a single question. When I bought a work of art and what arrived was not the original I saw in the gallery, they asked a lot of questions, followed up with the gallery owner and said "we're sorry, but you bought a painting and a similar-looking paiting painting was delivered to you. We sympathize but we can't reverse the charges - please take it up with the gallery." So - please, tell me who you bank with. I will immediately switch all my business over to them as I already like them a lot better than any of the banks that I deal or have dealt with.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Please... let us know who you bank with 'cause I'd like to get their credit card. Do we have to move to Iceland like it says in the link you posted?

I am still convinced you've been smoking something rather powerful... because even in the fictional story in that link, it clearly talks about chargebacks as a result of fraud. Fraud is when you pay someone for somwthing but instead he sends you nothing or perhaps a potato instead of the watch you bought. When it comes to wheels or any other item that actually resembles the item that you agreed to buy, it is no longer a matter of fraud but rather your expectations of quality vs. those of the seller, and every single card issuing back will deny your request and tell you to take it up with the seller.

Perhaps it is you that needs to do more research - I've run my own business for over 20 years, among other things we provide consulting services to a couple of large banks, and I have also tried to dispute a charge or two in past myself so I'd say my information is very accurate. When someone had bought 20 barrels of diesel fuel in Australia, the bank immediately reversed the charges and apologized for not catching it without even asking me a single question. When I bought a work of art and what arrived was not the original I saw in the gallery, they asked a lot of questions, followed up with the gallery owner and said "we're sorry, but you bought a painting and a similar-looking paiting painting was delivered to you. We sympathize but we can't reverse the charges - please take it up with the gallery." So - please, tell me who you bank with. I will immediately switch all my business over to them as I already like them a lot better than any of the banks that I deal or have dealt with.

seriously .. I work for a bank.. the bank is NOT going to reverse the charge because you bend a wheel.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by dchl21
seriously .. I work for a bank.. the bank is NOT going to reverse the charge because you bend a wheel.
My point exactly.... the OP doesn't seem to think so though.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31
Originally Posted by Diabolis

My apologies, I didn't realize that link was for Iceland.

I've disputed charges with Citi, Chase (twice) and USAA.

I'm sorry your experiences don't line up with mine. I don't know if I care enough to try to convince you otherwise.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31
Originally Posted by dchl21
Thanks for the insight, bank teller. I reviewed this thread but couldn't find any reference to disputing a charge over a bent wheel. Please provide a link.