C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

harsh suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 mct
Arrow harsh suspension

hey guys , ive been driving a c63 for a month now , love the car . massive jump from my previous car which is a 2.0 scirocco tsi . the torque on this thing is insane especially after i tuned it with eurocharged . thanks to jerry!
but there's one thing that annoys me alot and that is the suspension . the ride is too stiff and hard , sometimes unbearable . is there a solution for this ? maybe coilovers would improve the ride ?
Old 02-19-2015, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
Coilovers with adjustable dampening will allow you to dial in to a comfortable setting.

I upgraded to H&R coil overs, while they do not have adjustable dampening. The ride comfort was much better then stock non P31 setup.

Originally Posted by 63xx
hey guys , ive been driving a c63 for a month now , love the car . massive jump from my previous car which is a 2.0 scirocco tsi . the torque on this thing is insane especially after i tuned it with eurocharged . thanks to jerry!
but there's one thing that annoys me alot and that is the suspension . the ride is too stiff and hard , sometimes unbearable . is there a solution for this ? maybe coilovers would improve the ride ?
Old 02-19-2015, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
do you have a p30 ? my is stiff as hell .. almost don't feel like a benz. corners nice tho.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:58 PM

c63 mct
i have the 457 hp ''standard'' model , cornering is fun in this car but while crusing its just too hard .
Old 02-20-2015, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
The PFL cars had very stiff suspensions. It was the first thing I did on my car. The H&R coil overs are worth it just for the softer ride, let alone the height adjustability.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dchl21
do you have a p30 ? my is stiff as hell .. almost don't feel like a benz. corners nice tho.
I did. The H&R coilover is a much superior combination of compliance and damping over P30...handles better too.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
ima look into that after extended warrenty is up
Old 02-20-2015, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I have a P30. Don't actually mind the harsh ride, but it is literally destroying my car. Had to replace the steering column, tranny and motor mounts, and other stuff. Has anyone just replaced springs? If so, which ones and was the ride improved? Also, i believe the p30 sits a tad lower than stock, so I'm not looking for much of a drop.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Buys AMG, complains about stiff suspension. I don't get it.

Put H&R springs on the car, don't worry about coilovers. Saved you money and your spine can thank me later.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
I have a P30. Don't actually mind the harsh ride, but it is literally destroying my car. Had to replace the steering column, tranny and motor mounts, and other stuff. Has anyone just replaced springs? If so, which ones and was the ride improved? Also, i believe the p30 sits a tad lower than stock, so I'm not looking for much of a drop.
I had a non P30, totalled it, and IMMEDIATELY replaced it with a P30, so Ive had both and close enough together to really feel the difference. I hadn't made it two blocks before I was wondering if I was crazy to be looking at this car. But it had the two piece rotors, and the LSD (which I really really really wanted after the first one), and this particular one had the CF interior so I went for it.
I believe the ride was changed the following year because it was just so jarring that the feedback from people was not good. Did handle pretty bad *** though.

I put H&R sports springs on mine. A little bouncy, but not atrocious, and they did bring ride height down just a tad (which I wanted) and they were meant to be a stop gap solution. I bought them for $150 on CList so there was nothing to lose. My intent was to buy KW v3s. My buddy had them, and I loved them. Then this became that, then became now, and it just never happened. I still may, but right now I am in the limbo where Im just not decided on what my long range is with the car. It may be gone by years end when the warranty is up, or I may just keep it a long while in which case I will invest the dosh.

I dont really want to drive an off warranty AMG. On the other hand, for the last 3 plus years and 2 cars, I have had numerous days where driving was the best part of my day, and I was sad to park it and know I wasnt going to drive again til the next day. Seriously. I have the worst ADD, and I am atrocious for getting bored of cars, and I have never ever been bored of this one. So. H&R Sports work for now, and KW v3's if I decide Im going to stay the course.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG

Put H&R springs on the car, don't worry about coilovers. Saved you money and your spine can thank me later.
If you had a P30 you would. They are HARD. And a lot people drove a demo, then saw the model with the extra goodies on the P30 and said sign me up. Never actually drove the P30 or drive it long enough to really know.

I have one and I understand. I was pretty sure that ride combined with local road quality would have this thing rattling like a Dodge Challenger in no time though, and thats a big part of why I changed it up. That and I didn't want to hear my wife carping about it. She already refers to it as the other girlfriend. Which makes no sense since I call it Marshawn. Cos its black and its always in Beast Mode.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by 604 C63
I had a non P30, totalled it, and IMMEDIATELY replaced it with a P30, so Ive had both and close enough together to really feel the difference. I hadn't made it two blocks before I was wondering if I was crazy to be looking at this car. But it had the two piece rotors, and the LSD (which I really really really wanted after the first one), and this particular one had the CF interior so I went for it. I believe the ride was changed the following year because it was just so jarring that the feedback from people was not good. Did handle pretty bad *** though. I put H&R sports springs on mine. A little bouncy, but not atrocious, and they did bring ride height down just a tad (which I wanted) and they were meant to be a stop gap solution. I bought them for $150 on CList so there was nothing to lose. My intent was to buy KW v3s. My buddy had them, and I loved them. Then this became that, then became now, and it just never happened. I still may, but right now I am in the limbo where Im just not decided on what my long range is with the car. It may be gone by years end when the warranty is up, or I may just keep it a long while in which case I will invest the dosh. I dont really want to drive an off warranty AMG. On the other hand, for the last 3 plus years and 2 cars, I have had numerous days where driving was the best part of my day, and I was sad to park it and know I wasnt going to drive again til the next day. Seriously. I have the worst ADD, and I am atrocious for getting bored of cars, and I have never ever been bored of this one. So. H&R Sports work for now, and KW v3's if I decide Im going to stay the course.
Like I said, I actually like the stiff ride, strange as that may seem. I am just trying to prevent further damage to my car due to the stiff p30. So the hr sports make for a softer ride than the p30? If so, I'm gonna swap my springs. I have a spring compressor, so would be a fun afternoon.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG

I'm with Purple on this one. OP has the "standard" C63 which means its not hte super rough P30. I have people get in my car and they are like wow this is bumpy, how much did you pay for this? I told them I'd be disappointed if it would not be bumpy for what I paid for it.

It's a C63. If I wanted comfort I would have gotten an E or S or CLS or CL or any of the larger sedans. We buy these cars to track, to x-cross, to be raw and mean.

In other words, why would you buy this car and complain about things that are literally what the whole car is about? It's like saying the exchaust is too loud and pops and gurgles too much.

Only legitmate complaints are probably that LSD isnt standard, the overheating issue on the track, and that the tranny isn't exactly the best.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
this has actually become a concern for me, one of our previous cars had a daily commute over really terrible roads and it jarred the car and led to all kinds of stuff coming loose, popping and squeaking.

I'll probably set-aside some cash and wait for a set of used v3's
Old 02-20-2015, 09:14 AM

c63 mct
i love everything about the car, it feels solid . i like the stiff suspension too for speeding or driving through corners its just that i wish it could have been softer for daily city driving and not to mention the roads in my country is so bad
so the h & r spring is softer than the oem non p30 ? how much are those?

Last edited by 63xx; 02-20-2015 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-20-2015, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
i love everything about the car, it feels solid . i like the stiff suspension too for speeding or driving through corners its just that i wish it could have been softer for daily city driving and not to mention the roads in my country is so bad
used springs typically show up on here for around 200, i think not much more than that you can get them new.
but, shorter springs is going to put more stress on your shocks so just keep that in mind.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
I personally didn't think it was that "rough" but some did and enough that MB did this a few years ago. Too bad.
Attached Files
Old 02-20-2015, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
I agree with the H&R springs. I love mine. Also of note, you can't have a 2011 AND MCT. 2011 had the normal 7GTronic transmission.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
I agree with you. The car is also kinda loud. Has anyone installed a set of Camry mufflers on these things?
Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
My buddy LFM has a set of regular non P30 springs for sale on here if you do a search. I know they're still available and he's a pretty reasonable guy. Should be a deal to be struck there if you just wanted to back off the firmness a notch.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
My buddy LFM has a set of regular non P30 springs for sale on here if you do a search. I know they're still available and he's a pretty reasonable guy. Should be a deal to be struck there if you just wanted to back off the firmness a notch.

What springs do I have on my 507? The harsher ones, I presume?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Yeah, the h&r are softer and also lower the car to improve the look. New, I'd say you can get the $400 or so + install. Unless you can install them yourself.

As mentioned, the larger cars (E, CL/S, S) come with suspensions that are much softer and designed for drivers like you.

Make no mistake, the c63 is as raw is it gets because it is a base AMG built on a base/entry level mercedes. Its going to be rough, its going to rattle with age, but it is going to be a hell of a fun time and still give you that AMG experience. You just have to make a few sacrifices such as that rough ride.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by HBC350
What springs do I have on my 507? The harsher ones, I presume?
Pretty sure your springs are the same as other C63s. They dont use a spring like the P30s anymore.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Pretty sure your springs are the same as other C63s. They dont use a spring like the P30s anymore.

Figured, because my car is firm but not what I would call harsh.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:38 PM

Ford Focus
Wow, the c63 is too harsh a ride and too noisy. For a Mercedes? Trade in for the new c450 AMG as this car addresses these issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: harsh suspension