Browse all: Specifications and General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Whats my car worth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scooter
The 507 engine is the same as the P31 engine. The BS has a different block, but otherwise the same.

The SLS only share the rotating assembly with the C63.

I would not expect any version of the C63 to be a "collectors car" for many, many years if ever.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by Ronen
500 miles in middle of Southern California- used 507 coupe, note that it is a coupe and not a Sedan is only selling a few thousand under the brand new sticker price (roughly 87k)...not bad for a 2 year old car that has over 2,000 models running around in the US....imagne if that number was only 800-900. Oh yeah, there is another coupe 507 for sale, but it selling more than the one at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach (go figure lol)

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ear=2014&Log=0

There is a difference between advertizing on autotrader at a certain price and actually selling the car. These 507 that are for sale right now will be sitting on dealers lot for a little while IMO. Minus very few exceptions. But why would you want to buy a 507 at a price almost close to a used Black Series or a new loaded C63S edition 1?
I will say it again 507 is no real difference vs C63 base and PP. Forged internal and all that are just marketing. Cars are the same structurally and performance wise you take a base C63 and tune it, upgrade brakes,LSD + other performance parts and you will dyno almost the same results. Even dyno similar to a tuned Black Series as well. The M156 engine is strong and reliable if properly maintained. So you might get a little bit more life out of it with forged pistons but that's it.
The big difference with the BS is it's a track oriented car and in very limited #. 800-900 is still a lot of cars.

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
ON this very forum(s) a BS C63 with track just sold for a LOT lower than expected; Lots of lookie loos, BUT it took a SE FLA dealer to buy it and jack up the price. Its still available now.
That car was a great deal although missing the aero package and CF. That is the combination you want. OP should have kept it. Now it is on ebay but won't sell for their asking price.