Mercedes design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Mercedes design

now that the new c63 is out, and i'm again very disappointed in their exterior design, i began to wonder why are MB's AMG's so underwhelming, and boring?

I love my car, but tbh, it's way too similar to regular c-class. Now i now where i stand with my car, it's a c class, but i still feel compared to bmw that mb is highly lacking in the "wow" factor.

The e9x m3 is a car that commands more road prescence, with the entire nose being different, and ESPECIALLY the flared 1/4 panels. The interior is much more sporty, while at the same time classy looking. MB got this somewhat right when they updated the car in 2012, but it is overall imo, still boring unless you have red interior. I sit in the old e9x M, and it feels way stylish. I think MB designers were honestly lost designing the c63 interior, i see some with the alcantara steering wheel, and the little red strip on the bottom of the wheel... and i'm not sure what that accomplishes. It's truly underwhelming. Then they give you that terrible brown trim, while giving you gloss black around the shifter? Makes 0 sense.

Moving onto the new M, and new c63, i will first say the c63's interior is now on par with an 80k car. No if ands or buts. It's a flat out upgrade from our cars. The new M interior is nice too.

The exterior is well, terrible imo. Car looks soft, and not very aggressive. The f8xM is outstanding, from almost every angle. And with just two simple options like c/f roof and black wheels, it is simply an eye catcher. (esp. in white)

I'm not saying i'm going to buy the new M, or that i dislike my car, i'm just curious as to if anyone is having the same thoughts.

end rant.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
I am coming from a b8 S4. It was an exact replica of an s-line A4. My interior was red and black which made it all better but it took me thousands of dollars to make it look more "aggressive" I parked the C63 next to it and the AMG looks 100x more aggressive stock. I wouldve agreed with you that the new C63 does look a little soft and like a pinched loaf but in white with tint and doing 150mph on the highway it does look sharp. I know cause I raced one the other day.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
but overall, i feel like Merc is too conservative with their design.

it's the little options that make the biggest difference, gloss black trim, gloss black wheels, c/f roof etc. (think m6) compared to say, cl63. M6 looks way better.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 C55
Really? M6? Just my opinion but a guy at my work drives on and it looks and sounds like puke.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
A good review of both - https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-c...de-carbon.html.
I'm with you solekeeper, I very much dislike the "average" look of the new C63. If they put the new interior (minus Ipad) in the FL W204, that would be something!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
A good review of both - https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-c...de-carbon.html.
I'm with you solekeeper, I very much dislike the "average" look of the new C63. If they put the new interior (minus Ipad) in the FL W204, that would be something!

that was a solid read.

also another thing, MB needs more color options.

M's have a ton, MB plays this conservative, (yet again) with your basic colors.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:38 PM

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Multiple
MBs have never been about good looks. Except the new S-Class coupe, there isn't really any car in their HUGE lineup that is classically good looking. If you buy an MB expecting it to look good, you made the wrong choice. Don't get me wrong, I'd like the car to look good also, but MB's design language just doesn't (except in rare cases).

Please don't get me started on e9x M3. That car is such a waste of time.