C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

RW carbon / JL motoring Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c63 AMG
RW carbon / JL motoring Review

Hey guys, doing a quick review of these two companies products that I had recently purchased. I had ordered the Akrym style front lip and DTM rear spoiler from Rw Carbon and I ordered the big fin diffuser from JL motoring.

Well lets start with RW carbon, customer service was spot on when I contacted them about the items. Got a email back from them very quickly letting me know that the products were both in stock and ready to ship. Shipping also was very fast, got it within the same week that I ordered the items. Once both items came in from them, the quailty of the items was spot on. Ive used plenty of different companies for carbon fiber parts and I have to say this was some of the best I've seen.

The DTM spoiler was pretty simple and straight forward to any other trunk lip you would put on your car. Remove your oem spoiler off the car. Found the easiest was to do this was with a heat gun and fishing line. Clean up the mess from your oem spoiler and then use 3m double sided tape to attach your new DTM spoiler. Fitment of the spoiler is 10/10 with quality also being 10/10.

The Akrym front spoiler was a little harder to put on but nothing to hard. I thought I would have to just 3m tape and self tap the front lip to my bumper but the front lip is way to heavy to be attached by self tapping screws. Not saying you can't do it, but you might find yourself back at a shop once it comes off lol. That being said we pulled off the bumper and bolted the lip to the bumper instead. Lip wouldn't move at all once we bolted it in. Fitment of the lip was also 10/10 with quality also being 10/10.

Now lets talk about JL motoring. I chose to go with them for my Big fin diffuser being that they seemed to be the only company still selling it and I have ordered from them before for my 335xi in the past and have been pleased. The diffuser kind of let me down, it is very thin. The actual quality of the product was fine. The metal tabs that you need to use are horrible. There should be no reason why you pay so much for a carbon fiber piece and get tiny metal tabs to hold it into places. The tabs are also held on by some cheap tape that I went over with 3m tape just to be safe. Fitment of the diffuser isn't bad. I give it a 8/10. Once you slide the tabs in and push them down it sits flush. As you all know the stock piece has a bracket that attaches to the car in the middle that holds it in place. Which this piece does not at all. Ive seen on the forums people use a 3 inch bolt and nut to hold it in place. We went a different route and made a small custom bracket to hold it in place. If your looking for a piece that you won't have to do nothing to, this isn't the piece for you. It also doesn't use the little screws on the side of the stock diffuser. Im also not bashing the company for this product. Overall I am happy with it, just want everything to know what they will need to do.

JL motoring customer service has always been very good to me also. Emails would be answered very quickly. Want to thank them also for the free shipping for being a MBworld member.

Ill attach a couple pictures of the items I took of at the shop to give everyone a idea about fitment and quality.
Attached Thumbnails RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0975.jpg   RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0976.jpg   RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0979.jpg   RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0980.jpg   RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0977.jpg  

RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0995.jpg  

Last edited by Kpela; 09-01-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:58 PM

2009 c63 AMG
Couple more photos since theres a limit it.
Attached Thumbnails RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0983.jpg   RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0986.jpg   RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0990.jpg   RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0993.jpg   RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0991.jpg  

RW carbon / JL motoring Review-img_0965.jpg  
Old 09-02-2015, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Great info. It all looks great on your barolo red!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:21 AM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
C190 GT C
Thank you for the the review and pictures sir! Very unique looking C63 you have there
Old 09-02-2015, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Don't worry too much about the front spoiler, almost every style has some sort of issue/fix/macgyver thing you have to do to them. Great review and the car looks great and that color is very unique, not too many on here with that. Have any plans to swap out the mirrors to the FL versions?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I recently bought products from both RWCarbon (V-style front spoiler and side skirts) and JLMotoring (carbon air intake). I left praise for Matt's service and the quality and fit of his product on the RWCarbon thread. Will definitely do business with him again if I can and couldn't recommend him more highly.

Notably, I haven't said a word about JLMotoring. If you can't say something nice, just don't say anything at all... but, let's just say that the fit and service left a lot to be desired. I'd find other options if you can.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:54 AM

2009 c63 AMG
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Great info. It all looks great on your barolo red!
thanks!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:55 AM

2009 c63 AMG
Originally Posted by RW Carbon
Thank you for the the review and pictures sir! Very unique looking C63 you have there
Thanks sir, pleasure ordering from you guys. Deff will be back if I need to change it up
Old 09-03-2015, 12:59 AM

2009 c63 AMG
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Don't worry too much about the front spoiler, almost every style has some sort of issue/fix/macgyver thing you have to do to them. Great review and the car looks great and that color is very unique, not too many on here with that. Have any plans to swap out the mirrors to the FL versions?
Honestly the front spoiler holds on great after you bolt it on correctly. Did a few 100 plus passes and spoiler didn't move one bit. The color of the car is the reason I bought the car lol Couldn't miss up on a chance to own one in this color. And maybe I already did order the new mirrors hah but they do come in tomorrow. Went with the FL black ones with the led strip that I found just replaces the covers of mine. Couldn't bring myself to paying so much for real mirrors when the cover choice was there for 150 lol
Old 09-03-2015, 01:03 AM

2009 c63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I recently bought products from both RWCarbon (V-style front spoiler and side skirts) and JLMotoring (carbon air intake). I left praise for Matt's service and the quality and fit of his product on the RWCarbon thread. Will definitely do business with him again if I can and couldn't recommend him more highly.

Notably, I haven't said a word about JLMotoring. If you can't say something nice, just don't say anything at all... but, let's just say that the fit and service left a lot to be desired. I'd find other options if you can.
RW carbon was very good to work with, the products really did impressive me. Your in the same boat as I am, you ordered from two companies and when both parts came in you see the difference in quality of both pieces. Seeing all the carbon fiber pieces in person layed out next to each other really showed me how much better RW carbon is. Nothing bad about JL motoring though, the product wasn't 100 percent but it wasn't to the point where I need to bash a company over it.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
I had similar experience with RW Carbon as well as Mode Carbon.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:40 PM

2009 c63 AMG
Originally Posted by sinape62
I had similar experience with RW Carbon as well as Mode Carbon.
Never dealer with Mode Carbon but I've heard they are amazing, plenty of threads about their products being amazing
Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 PM

A45 AMG
thanks for your sharing.