C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Do NOT deal with Kleemann USA. 2 weeks still nothing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c63 amg
Do NOT deal with Kleemann USA. 2 weeks still nothing

I made the terrible mistake of sending my ECU to kleemann and ordering headers from them. I made the order through a reputable shop over a week ago. Not only did they delay 2-3 days to even send us the box to ship the ECU in but the headers that we ordered are still not here. Furthermore, now they are saying their "coder" is out for a week so I have to wait another week??? This is absolutely ridiculous and I did not pay the extra $75 shipping for this.

They aren't answering their phones and have absolutely 0 communication. I have had my car out of service for over a week because of their incompetency. At this point I just want my ECU back so I can drive my car but they won't answer their phones.

If I don't hear from them soon I am considering leaving a complaint with the BBB because no other customer should go through this.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Hey - new guy with 7 posts - take a deep breath and chill out. It's apparent you haven't spent a lot of time modifying hi-end cars. Brandon and Cory have a bulletproof reputation, as does Kleemann in general. They are probably two of the most knowledgable, hard working, and humble guys in the business.

Things go wrong, people are human, and when it comes to modifying your car plan for twice the time and three times the cost.
Just getting a Kleemann blower, MBH Long tube headers, and a Quaife LSD installed and fully set up has taken a 10 day trip to Colorado Springs, and over one year. I just had my last round of mods installed and she was at the shop for three weeks.
So relax my friend. People don't jump just because you snap your fingers.
Get a reputation as a short tempered flamer and you're going to find it hard to get people to work on your car.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:03 PM

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
In fairness, I think that communication is still a reasonable expectation.

Just because you are dealing with a 'high end' car doesn't mean that the dealers/installers/shops can drop the ball with communication.

But you speak the truth when advising to expect delays and potential unexpected costs when adding horsepower.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
I think Kleemann is the only company I have never heard anyone complain about until now.....
Old 09-15-2015, 03:50 AM

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Multiple
Originally Posted by FFXF1
Hey - new guy with 7 posts - take a deep breath and chill out. It's apparent you haven't spent a lot of time modifying hi-end cars. Brandon and Cory have a bulletproof reputation, as does Kleemann in general. They are probably two of the most knowledgable, hard working, and humble guys in the business.

Things go wrong, people are human, and when it comes to modifying your car plan for twice the time and three times the cost.
Just getting a Kleemann blower, MBH Long tube headers, and a Quaife LSD installed and fully set up has taken a 10 day trip to Colorado Springs, and over one year. I just had my last round of mods installed and she was at the shop for three weeks.
So relax my friend. People don't jump just because you snap your fingers.
Get a reputation as a short tempered flamer and you're going to find it hard to get people to work on your car.
No need to beat on a "new guy with 7 posts"

Reputations change over time, just because a company has been great in the past doesn't mean you berate anyone who has anything contrary to say. I have no experience with Kleeman positive or negative, but I won't be jumping on someone's throat because they disagree with my assessment of a vendor.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 09-15-2015 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:27 AM

2003 Chevy Tahoe
Ok - so I'm not intending to beat up on a guy with only 7 posts. Here's the issue. If you surveyed the entire population of MBWorld you'd find hundreds of folks here who have dealt with Brandon and Cory. As I said before - they are the most knowledgable, hard working, and humble guys in the aftermarket industry. Honest to a fault has been my personal experience.

Then you get some guy who's only been here for awhile and he's ranting. That does no good - for anyone. Doesn't get this guys parts any faster, does nothing to advance the body of knowledge on the forums, and for those of us who have personally dealt with Kleemann USA - I doubt it's going to change our opinion.

Whenever I have a question or a problem the first thing I do is read the archives. I reach out to those in the know, and I get to know the people I'm doing business with.

Modifying your car can be rewarding, it can also be terribly frustrating. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I can assure you that if Brandon or Cory haven't gotten back with the OP it's because they're busy - not because they're gaffing him off - unless of course he's been an unreasonable *** - in which case I refer to my previous post.

My point - less rant, more cars. Maybe come up on the forum and ask if anyone has spoken with Kleemann USA recently. I've been trying to get hold of them for two weeks with no response... You might discover they're real people with real lives just like the rest of us.

I'll try and contact them today.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c63 amg
The shop received my MBH headers today, despite after talking to one of the kleemen reps he told me that they have no headers in stock for the next 2 week and wanted to give me a refund. I am guessing the order is through their supplier GMP Performance.

In response to FFXF! I have no problem with waiting 2 weeks if I know that is how long the wait is going to be. I was told a 3-4 day turnaround and that was on the 9th. I still do not know where my ECU is as nobody seems to be able to locate it. There are huge communication problems with both GMP Performance and Kleemann.

I only have 7 posts because I just got my AMG and wanted to tune it. I heard good things about Kleemann and decided to give them a try, unfortunately that didn't turn out so well.

I will update this thread with what comes of it. I am still thinking of supercharging the c63 but I will definitely be going through Weistech.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:56 PM

2003 Chevy Tahoe
63amg08 - no issues/no worries. As layzie12 said - Kleemann is one of the most respected vendors on this site. Literally hundreds of folks here have done business with them. So when someone relatively new comes on and the thread banner is "Do NOT do business with Kleemann" it's not cool. It's really not cool in any circumstance. I've had issues with vendors in the past - one in particular. If you search my posts all I said is "we're working it out." Which we did. And now everyone is happy.
I've purchased merchandise from a retail shop here, and got one message from them, and another from the manufacturer. Make sure you know who you're talking about when you post - because although they may sound like different excuses, they may be truthful from their perspective. You call the retailer, you're told on it's way. Nothing. You call the manufacturer, they're back ordered. A week later they show up. Guess what. Everyone was telling the truth - from their perspective at that point in time.
Bottom line - if you're going to be around here for awhile take the time to get to know people, and make some friends in the business - it'll pay off in the long run.
P.S. Cory and I just had a nice exchange about my heat exchanger. Looks like he responds to my emails ~ Hmmmmm
Old 09-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Things happen in this industry but these guys are very reputable. If there is a delay, they will always tell me what is going on and a new time frame. I have found that they do not answer their phones when they are busy. I usually will deal with Cory or Brandon and if I cannot get a hold of them, they usually will reply back to me via email rather quickly.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
if you like one person, dont expect the next guy to like em as well. if you handle a confusion in a calm and collected manner, dont expect the next guy to do the same. i would be frustrated too if i was told one thing and then never hear from them again.

when you said "new guy with 7 posts", you could have said something more subtle and then defended your friends. you didnt handle that too well now did you?
i can be nice to you and be an *** to the other guy but im pretty sure you would have different things to say about me.

Last edited by beejAMG; 09-16-2015 at 05:13 PM.