C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between C63 AMG W204 P31 v C63 AMG 507 v C63 AMG Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 05:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 C63 AMG (sold), 2006 M3 (sold)
They are all nice cars, can all be tuned, are all fast. However "out the box" the CBS is better in every way except the turning radius. The body is sick, it's faster, the interior is amazing and just feels like a completely different car! My last c63 was tuned and faster then my CBS but was hard to get grip. My CBS grips a lot more with the wider tires. I believe the CBS has an e class rear axel? And as VaclavSV said all the extras, coil overs, bigger brakes, etc etc etc.

Also the black series holds its value wayyyy more than the 507 or p31 (can't say for certain in every country but assuming it's the same as here) I can easily sell my CBS for 150k usd right now in Tokyo. There are only 800 world wide minus the few that have been wrecked. The price is going up in Japan already for this car. There are only 50 here and I have the only matte silver one in Japan. I searched for this car for two years in any color with the 4 seater package and luckily found a mint one but it took me two years lol. I could have easily bought a cheaper 507 and been perfectly happy or kept my old c63 but I couldn't be happier with the CBS.

In my opinion the black series is a piece of Mercedes history, one of their best engines produced, and simply an amazing machine!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk Dtm c63 bs u wont wanna know the rest
I fully agree with you,i was even sourcing worldwide with RHD units (even harder to get) and the closest i can find that is close to stock is back home
I might consider keeping the Black Series Stock as it is and keep my C63 W204 Sedan with the mods instead . . .
Now i have a question for Black Series owners
Is it possible to actually retrofit additional back seats if the unit you have does not comes with it? Also for the Performance Media Package,I was told by the workshop not to install as it is not exactly practical in my country where the speed limits are mostly 31mph and 45mph on the expressway.

Back to the topic, I'm very sure that P31 is way better than non P31 C63's but with the LSD i do not really like the steering response to it, somehow it feels a little slow as compared to non P31 cars.

Originally Posted by C63amg Tokyo
They are all nice cars, can all be tuned, are all fast. However "out the box" the CBS is better in every way except the turning radius. The body is sick, it's faster, the interior is amazing and just feels like a completely different car! My last c63 was tuned and faster then my CBS but was hard to get grip. My CBS grips a lot more with the wider tires. I believe the CBS has an e class rear axel? And as VaclavSV said all the extras, coil overs, bigger brakes, etc etc etc.

Also the black series holds its value wayyyy more than the 507 or p31 (can't say for certain in every country but assuming it's the same as here) I can easily sell my CBS for 150k usd right now in Tokyo. There are only 800 world wide minus the few that have been wrecked. The price is going up in Japan already for this car. There are only 50 here and I have the only matte silver one in Japan. I searched for this car for two years in any color with the 4 seater package and luckily found a mint one but it took me two years lol. I could have easily bought a cheaper 507 and been perfectly happy or kept my old c63 but I couldn't be happier with the CBS.

In my opinion the black series is a piece of Mercedes history, one of their best engines produced, and simply an amazing machine!
Old 12-23-2015, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mc81b
I fully agree with you,i was even sourcing worldwide with RHD units (even harder to get) and the closest i can find that is close to stock is back home
I might consider keeping the Black Series Stock as it is and keep my C63 W204 Sedan with the mods instead . . .
Now i have a question for Black Series owners
Is it possible to actually retrofit additional back seats if the unit you have does not comes with it?
I tried to find a way to get the rear seats in and was told by everyone (Indy shops, Mercedes, custom work shops) that it's pretty much impossible. So I hunted for two years instead until I found the 4 seater.

Might be possible but I was unable to find a way
Old 12-23-2015, 06:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 coupe 507, SLK 350 (6 speed), CLK 550, S600, ML350
I just picked up a '14 507 for slightly more what a standard C63 would cost. I find its performance to be very close to my '12 P31 but just love the BS hood. I cannot justify the price difference for a BS, which I agree is an incredible machine, especially given the fact that I still have a couple of years left on my warranty
The following users liked this post:
Sewerrat (04-18-2021)
Old 12-23-2015, 06:14 AM

I am contemplating if it is feasible for me to remove the bucket seats and replace it with a c63 amg coupe seats (please do not flame me!) while installing rear seats based from the coupe as well but figured it would add so much weight that i might as well buy a normal c63 coupe 507 and put on a black series kit but i figured like C63amg Tokyo stated, to own a piece of MB BS history, its best to keep it in its original condition as much as possible although it seems like a nicer option to weistec the vehicle
Somehow i love the aftermarket exhaust more especially on an AMG.

Originally Posted by C63amg Tokyo
I tried to find a way to get the rear seats in and was told by everyone (Indy shops, Mercedes, custom work shops) that it's pretty much impossible. So I hunted for two years instead until I found the 4 seater.

Might be possible but I was unable to find a way
Old 12-23-2015, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
You're imagining these things.

My P31 does NOT shift when in Manual under any circumstances. I've banged on the rev limiter enough at the track and on missed shifts to know.

Colder plugs are not an engine component, comeon.

And the tuned P31/507 vs your car, the other cars must not have been tuned correctly or the same tune, because otherwise it's not possible for you to have 40whp more with the same set of mods. NOT possible. SAME engine, SAME drivetrain, NO differences.

I know the BS is really cool, but you don't have to convince everyone by making things up.
I have no reason to run my mouth ... but believe what you want to believe heres proof

Cars were on the same dyno on the same day

Black Series: (Tune only!)
Difference between C63 AMG W204 P31 v C63 AMG 507 v C63 AMG Black Series-dugmdgb.jpg

Stock 507 before Tune:
Difference between C63 AMG W204 P31 v C63 AMG 507 v C63 AMG Black Series-mqpufds.png

Stock 507 After Tune:
Difference between C63 AMG W204 P31 v C63 AMG 507 v C63 AMG Black Series-tich6ql.png

...I should add there was another 507 that only made 430whp after Tune as well (cant find a pic right now)

C63 P31 Affalterbach edition with MHP Headers, Airboxes, Tune: (This car is 2011 so no MCT transmission)
Difference between C63 AMG W204 P31 v C63 AMG 507 v C63 AMG Black Series-cjjvuzp.jpg

The f*** do I know though... Im just a BS owner trying to justify his purchase. LOL SMH
Ill be content leaving this community in the near future as idiots like you keep trying to start **** without any reasoning or proof -just speculation (you could be a little polite when trying to correct me too instead of coming across rude, it will help you out in life). Ill post a video up soon of the shifts as well so you all know what Im talking about. And who knows maybe BLKROKT's car is tuned which is why their car doesnt shift for them......... but stock theres a difference there

Last edited by VaclavSV; 12-23-2015 at 07:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Arnav (05-31-2020)
Old 12-23-2015, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Ill be content leaving this community in the near future as idiots like you keep trying to start **** without any reasoning or proof -just speculation (you could be a little polite when trying to correct me too instead of coming across rude, it will help you out in life). Ill post a video up soon of the shifts as well so you all know what Im talking about. And who knows maybe BLKROKT's car is tuned which is why their car doesnt shift for them......... but stock theres a difference there
You're calling ME an idiot when you make ridiculous statements and get your panties all in a bunch when I point out the WRONG information and consistencies in your information and stories? You must be kidding. I don't see what I said that could cause you to come unhinged like this - I have no beef with you, just your wrong information, so why not calm down a bit.

Listen, I don't know what is wrong with your mates cars, or what is missing in the equation, but you are out of your mind if you think a BS engine is any more special than a P31, or makes 40whp more with the same mods. You are simply wrong here because it's not possible. A FBO C63 507 with head work that only makes 10whp more than your tune-only BS clearly indicates something is wrong. It's like, obvious.

And you are the one who considers plugs to be a critical change between the BS and other cars, or doesn't know that they all came with a diff. Was pointing that out hurtful to you?

My post wasn't rude - sorry if I don't say 'please' and 'thank you' and 'excuse me' and 'with sugar on top' when pointing out all your errors to save your little feelings. I'll treat you more delicately from now on if I respond to anything in the future.

I'm the one who came back with all of the 'proof'. Actually none was needed, these are just facts about our cars and I was clearing up your misinformation/misunderstanding. You're just running your mouth now.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 12-23-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:04 AM

Listen, I don't know what is wrong with your mates cars, or what is missing in the equation, but you are out of your mind if you think a BS engine is any more special than a P31, or makes 40whp more with the same mods. You are simply wrong here because it's not possible.
I don't want to get into any drama but saying 'it's not possible' is subjective. Some engines are built with extra oomph and some with less. I recently dynoed my CBS right after my friends 507 (cars should have a 10hp difference) and put down 34 more hp -my car put out 466ps at the wheels my friends 432ps. Both cars totally stock right down to the air filter. (in Japan the hp is slightly different, it's called ps not hp, same as in Germany) we both ran with the same gas (ハイオク) Japanese gas is at a very high caliber.

Anyway, we are all amg enthusiasts here, instead of arguing, lets enjoy the holidays and have a happy new year!

Best wishes to my fellow 63 owners!
Old 12-23-2015, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're calling ME an idiot when you make ridiculous statements and get your panties all in a bunch when I point out the WRONG information and consistencies in your information and stories? You must be kidding. I don't see what I said that could cause you to come unhinged like this - I have no beef with you, just your wrong information, so why not calm down a bit.

Listen, I don't know what is wrong with your mates cars, or what is missing in the equation, but you are out of your mind if you think a BS engine is any more special than a P31, or makes 40whp more with the same mods. You are simply wrong here because it's not possible. A FBO C63 that only makes 10whp more than your tune-only BS clearly indicates something is wrong. It's like, obvious.

And you are the one who considers plugs to be a critical change between the BS and other cars, or doesn't know that they all came with a diff. Was pointing that out hurtful to you?

My post wasn't rude - sorry if I don't say 'please' and 'thank you' and 'excuse me' and 'with sugar on top' when pointing out all your errors to save your little feelings. I'll treat you more delicately from now on if I respond to anything in the future.

I'm the one who came back with all of the 'proof'. Actually none was needed, these are just facts about our cars and I was clearing up your misinformation/misunderstanding. You're just running your mouth now.

Why dont you put a BS and 507 and P31 on a dyno on the same day and see what the outcome is! We did and Im just posting the information. My BS was tune only then! SAME MODS AS THE 507! -If it made less hp than a 507 I would post that without any shame, fact is, it didnt.

And youre funny because there is a difference in the Diff and I was right . So what I didnt clarify EXACTLY what I meant but most everyone on this forum knows what Im talking about.

All these owners of these cars are on this forum so I will have them comment for themselves when they read the thread. Like I said I am trying to reason why there are differences. You keep calling me a liar but Im just saying what I know to be true.

Stop being so B****y.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
C63 BS vs 507

I have the unusual pleasure of alternating between my 2012 C63 BS and my 2015 507. They feel nearly the same powerwise-the 507 feels a bit more eager off the line but it hasn't fully broken in or the BS ECU may not have adjusted to my aggressive driving style. They have basically the same interior except that the 507 has leather over MBTEX.
The ride of the BS is quick and anxious and really a bit harsh. The 507 is a great daily driver, very smooth and pleasant.
The BS feels special and looks badass compared to the 507.
No plans to tune either one at this point....
Old 12-23-2015, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why dont you put a BS and 507 and P31 on a dyno on the same day and see what the outcome is! We did and Im just posting the information. My BS was tune only then! SAME MODS AS THE 507! -If it made less hp than a 507 I would post that without any shame, fact is, it didnt.
"Not possible" was probably the wrong choice of words. But like your diff comment, people should know what I mean. Mechanically, there are exactly zero engine differences between the P31/507 and BS. So, like for like, on the same tune with the same mods, they should make roughly the same power. To suggest that yours makes 40whp more due to some magical engine differences nobody else is aware of is naive at best. Because, again, there are none. And not only that, but your MCT is identical to that found in the lowly inferior P31/507 too. "Less power loss through the drivetrain"? Uh, no. The truth is that there is either something wrong/worn with the other car, or the tune/mods are different. Different tunes make different amounts of hp. AMG doesn't make engines out of the box with 40whp variation.
The engines are either different or the BS has less power loss through the drivetrain...... The only 507 Ive seen put down more power was one with ported/polished heads, full headers, airbox, tune, etc. even then he was 10whp more
And my comment was directed towards the FBO 507 with head work that only dynoed 10whp higher than your tune-only BS. Something doesn't add up because it SHOULD be much higher. Again, there are no differences in engine internals, which if you read my post is what I was trying to get at before you flipped out.

Stop taking everything so personally Sally.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 12-23-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:51 AM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 S212 E400 RENNTech 345 whp/360 wtq
Another point of comparison is top speed; the BS flares and wheels, and rear wing for those that have it, creates more drag so I'd predict a de-restricted 507, although with marginally less power, would obtain a higher top speed. LOL, hope to find out some day...

The famous Hammer of 1987 that first brought AMG to world-wide attention achieved 183 mph with a stock 300E body and narrow tires; faster than the spoilered Ferrari GTO and Lambo Countach!
Old 12-23-2015, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Guys lets be REAL for all the 507 owners.... they bought a car superior to the black series because it was released 'at a later date' .... yes Ive actually been told that.

Anyways as someone whos owned a P31 Sedan, and Black Series... also have seen many 507s as friends own them here in Ontatio. Ive seen them all on dynos and everything the same/different about them.

Here you go OP, you went get a more honest opinion than this -Trust me!

P30 then P31 Package ... was developed by AMG as a performance upgrade to the regular C63. This included the following;
- Forged internals (probably the hardest thing to see visually)
- Different Tune (the tune on paper was 481hp, however on the dyno after a ECU tune they make IDENTICAL power to a 507... the 507 and P31 cars have the same engine... sorry 507 owners but your car is just a P31 C63 with cosmetic mods, and a different tune ECU tune from the factory. you have nothing physically different about your engine... but according to you Im probably lying.)
-2 Piece rotors for braking performance (same brakes on the 507) I laughed so hard this summer when a 507 owner told me his rotors were composite with carbon pads
- Differential (standard C63 didnt have a Diff Standard, P31 and 507 have the same diff....)
- Carbon fiber accents (The P31 package added CF accents over the standard C63

Black Series
-Forged engine internals but added additional SLS components over the P31/507
- COOLING ... one search on the forum and you will see the huge difference in cooling from a standard C63 or 507. More cooling everywhere you need it
-Body kit, the Black series added a wide body kit that completely changes the look/aggression of the car and allows the car to accommodate larger rubber. 255Front and 285 rear (Rcomps if you get the track pack which added a diff cooler) The wide body and wider tires allows the car to actually grip, again trust me when I say this (Ive owned both) A LOT better than the other C63s. The only downside to this is an Awful turn radius as every other black series will owner will admit
- So I mentioned Diff cooler which the car does that, but in addition to that it has a different differential than what comes on the other C63s
-Suspension the C63 Black Series has coil over suspension by KW but branded as a mercedes part. Ive taken these off to replace with clubsport, V3, and then because neither worked OEM. The Coil is beefier than both options made for the C63. I have a thread somewhere on here which shows how different the Black Series suspension is to standard KW coils.... I cannot comment on how a C63 with V3s or Clubsport would drive compared to a BS cause Ive never tired but the parts are different.
- The whole rear axle of the Black series is different! Its wider, built stronger, and gives the car a completely different rear end feeling. I dont know how you make a C63 feel like this with just suspension and wider rubber.. theres more going on.
- The Black series lacks sound proofing (weight savings? or just annoyance)
- The stock exhaust is louder (nothing a x-pipe or headers cant fix)
-Black series has an interior that imo is more special than the 507...red seatbelts, alcantara, CF black series trim (piece on the dash costs $3K and theres a 77 person wait list, I know this because someone tried to buy mine)
-Rear seats, or lack of rear seats -it was an option in the BS cars
-AMG Performance media, track telemetry (I think SOME 507s come w/ this, Im not 100% sure but they wouldnt get diff temps, etc.)
-CF Accents, Around the whole base of the car and on the trunk... 507 never got that.
-TCU tune... This is definitely different, the trans might have physical differences but I havent taken any apart. The cars shift differently, and the gear is changed on the black series. Also there is no 'automatic shift' in a black series in manual mode. in a P31 or 507 if youre in M the car will shift for you when you get to the limiter. In the BS this DOES NOT happen.
-lack of parking senors/blind spot sensor.... again weight reduction?
-Brakes. The BS comes with larger 2 piece rotors front and rear and calipers off the E63. yes it has better brakes... even better than composite rotors with carbon pads
-Forged aluminum wheels (P31 and 507 come w/ cast wheels)
- Under car protection. JAck the car up and the black series has more skid protection than a jeep wrangler LOL... the other C63s dont have this.
-Lightweight Aluminum trunk... the trunk on the Black series is lighter than a 507 or P31 FACT!

Okay thats about all I can think of... on to the 507

First it needs to be noted as stated before the 507 edition was created by AMG to sell off the W204.

They added the following differences from a P31;

-Stock engine tune (cars ran nearly identical 507 made more torque before ECU flash)
-BS Hood
-Painted black accents (Grille, LED covers, BS hood inserts.... I did this on my P31 before 507 came out... call me a trend setter .. although other members here added the BS hood before 507 was released as well )
-MAtte paint option. Edition 1 P31 C63 coupe was the first C63 offered in MAtte Black, the Edition 1 Sedan was offered in MAtte grey. Then the BS added MAtte white to those colours. 507 got the MAtte paint options but then added decal stripes.... com'on we all know how much HP Stickers add......)
-19" Alloys... Different wheel design... I approve .... still a CAST Wheel
-slightly different interior than a P31... contrast stitching, badges etc. Nothing that the Edition 1 had differently over the P31.

Okay so to recap;

P31 was a performance/slight engineering upgrade on the regular C63. The Black Series was a more significant perfornace/engineering upgrade on the P31, and the 507 was a marketing exercise/software upgrade over the P31.

Overall they are all amazing cars and I love each one
Your 507 envy is obvious. Maybe someday.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:04 PM

Maybe we can safely assume that the Black Series is lighter with different body components and total unladen weight as compared to the 507?
I do not really believe that the 'one man,one engine' will create that much of a difference in bhp especially.

"Not possible" was probably the wrong choice of words. But like your diff comment, people should know what I mean. Mechanically, there are exactly zero engine differences between the P31/507 and BS. So, like for like, on the same tune with the same mods, they should make exactly the same power. To suggest that yours makes 40whp more due to some magical engine differences nobody else is aware of is naive at best. Because, again, there are none. And not only that, but your MCT is identical to that found in the lowly inferior P31/507 too. "Less power loss through the drivetrain"? Uh, no. The truth is that there is either something wrong/worn with the other car, or the tune/mods are different. AMG doesn't make engines out of the box with 40whp variation.

And my comment was directed towards the FBO 507 with head work that only dynoed 10whp higher than your tune-only BS. Something doesn't add up because it SHOULD be much higher. Again, there are no differences in engine internals, which if you read my post is what I was trying to get at before you flipped out.

Stop taking everything so personally Sally.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe we can safely assume that the Black Series is lighter with different body components and total unladen weight as compared to the 507?
I do not really believe that the 'one man,one engine' will create that much of a difference in bhp especially.
Also better brakes, suspension, aero, rear axle, and cooling.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
few months ago i went to a amg dyno day. my p31 was putting out 426hp stock, while the 507s were putting out ~400.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:40 PM

All the extra goodies the Black Series have really do nothing on the street, on the track however better braking and handling limits do make a difference. Check out how well a C63 BS did in Motor Trends best drivers car competition.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988
Old 12-23-2015, 01:57 PM

Also did pretty well on Top Gear's track driven by the Stig. Beat a 599 Ferrari!

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/top-gear-track
Old 12-23-2015, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HBC350
Your 507 envy is obvious. Maybe someday.
How am I envious? lol I could buy many 507s but Im going to settle for a nice supercar instead. I would buy the BS over the 507 any day for multiple reasons -oh wait I did.

Im just saying 507 owners shouldnt feel like their car is so special cause it really isnt. The BS is a more special version of the C63
Old 12-23-2015, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Vaclav... IMHO a rather important thing you're forgetting here is that Barry modded the living ***** out of your BS, so what you're seeing on the dyno is Barry's Eurocharged tunes and mods. The ECUs and TCUs are absolutely the same, as is the engine. The C63 BS has bigger brakes, different suspension, different bodykit and wider wheels and some additional engine cooling.

All other thigns being equal, a BS may be 0.1 seconds a lap faster over a 507 because of the wider track and tires - but to be perfectly honest, while the C63 BS adds a lot in terms of exclusivity, it does almost nothing for the performance over the APX or 507 (unlike MB's other "Black Series" cars). Look at a SLS, CLK63 or SL65 BS over the non-BS counterparts and you'll find huge differences. The C63 BS is a C63 coupe with a bodykit. No offence - I'd rather have a BS because of the exclusivity factor - but in terms of increased performance, I am afraid it simply isn't there.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:14 PM

In all fairness, 507 is released 2 years after the Black Series therefore it is quite natural for it to carry most of the BlackSeries components.
It is the last hurrah for the W204 AMG and to price it higher in comparison to the normal C63 without a P31 package,in another words, it is making buyers more willing to throw out a larger amount of money in terms of 'speccing' their cars which comes now standard with the P31/P30/LSD etc.
I do agree for the black series to be owned, it is more of being in the 'exotic club'.
But have you ever wondered, why is there no Black Series replicating a normal C63 507 whereas so many C63 are replicating Black Series?
[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Diabolis
Vaclav... IMHO a rather important thing you're forgetting here is that Barry modded the living ***** out of your BS, so what you're seeing on the dyno is Barry's Eurocharged tunes and mods. The ECUs and TCUs are absolutely the same, as is the engine. The C63 BS has bigger brakes, different suspension, different bodykit and wider wheels and some additional engine cooling.

All other thigns being equal, a BS may be 0.1 seconds a lap faster over a 507 because of the wider track and tires - but to be perfectly honest, while the C63 BS adds a lot in terms of exclusivity, it does almost nothing for the performance over the APX or 507 (unlike MB's other "Black Series" cars). Look at a SLS, CLK63 or SL65 BS over the non-BS counterparts and you'll find huge differences. The C63 BS is a C63 coupe with a bodykit. No offence - I'd rather have a BS because of the exclusivity factor - but in terms of increased performance, I am afraid it simply isn't there.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:23 PM

Owning a Huayra is like owning a SL65.<br/>Isn't it the same?<br/>Nope because the aerodynamics and the exclusivity as well as the effort and technology placed into creating this piece of art is what comes about the prized 'exotic club' <br/>It's like saying that the Huayra is the same as a 'normal' SL65 even if 4 years later a 'mere' sl65 is using the exact huayra technology<br/>
Old 12-23-2015, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
To answer your question
I'm collecting my Black Series in 2 weeks time therefore i couldnt justify the huge price difference between that but i would assume the difference could be similar in terms of comparing the M3 to M3 GTS but that would be a whole world of difference as the engine runs from 4.0L V8 to 4.4L V8, which i believe i can't apprehend into the C63 to the Black Series.

On the other hand
I had a C63 MY2008 pre facelifted W204 with minor modifications (cargraphics mid pipes/ x pipes/cats /akrapovic muffler/gruppe M intake/ecu) with only a P30 on it, the amount of power it churns out is somewhere just a little short of a stock P31/P30/LSD AMG facelifted MY2011

I was hoping to be more enlightened into making myself agree to a 70k USD difference in pricing for a 507 used to a black series used in my country of origin.

No offence mate.

Cheers
non taken mate. its all good. i didnt mean to sound like an a$$ either from my first post.

anyway, goodluck with your BS and update this thread with photos and personal review once you get a hold of your beast. too much drama from other members but entertaining i should say.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
In all fairness, 507 is released 2 years after the Black Series therefore it is quite natural for it to carry most of the BlackSeries components.
It is the last hurrah for the W204 AMG and to price it higher in comparison to the normal C63 without a P31 package,in another words, it is making buyers more willing to throw out a larger amount of money in terms of 'speccing' their cars which comes now standard with the P31/P30/LSD etc.
I do agree for the black series to be owned, it is more of being in the 'exotic club'.
But have you ever wondered, why is there no Black Series replicating a normal C63 507 whereas so many C63 are replicating Black Series?
[/QUOTE]

Mc81b - I really don't understand what you're tryign to say here. The C63 coupe was released in 2012 - at the same time as the BS - and provided that you got a "fully loaded" specimen (which has the same drivetrain as the BS car; the Canadian APX also carried the stiffer, 10mm lower P30 suspension in addition to the P31 internals and LSD), the differences are the ones I described above. Yes, the C63 BS is a lot more exclusive than the P31/APX/507 coupe, but it's not any faster.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Edition 507 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Thrilla
The 507 sedan is the closest you can get to a Black series with 4 doors.
That was exactly my thinking. Plus the black series C63s and CLK63s are all listed at twice the price of the non-black series versions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Difference between C63 AMG W204 P31 v C63 AMG 507 v C63 AMG Black Series