How to Own a Supercar in a Super Poor Country

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
How to Own a Supercar in a Super Poor Country

A good reminder about just how lucky most of us are . . .

http://www.wsj.com/articles/indias-s...hem-1453156090
Old 01-20-2016, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Lol I thought you were asking the question.
Well India is known for its overcrowded roads and bad drivers
Old 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
LOL, i though this would come with a step by step guide on "how to".
Old 01-20-2016, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Step 1: Move out of the super poor country.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Not really a super poor country especially if you compare with the actual poor countries of the world. but all other issues remain. Bad roads -yes, poor discipline-yes, dense population- yes.
The rich are extremely rich and the poor are extremely poor. but the amount of money the people have is astonishing.
A Camry costs some where around 60k. A C63? around 150-160K USD
Old 01-20-2016, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Sidv22
Not really a super poor country especially if you compare with the actual poor countries of the world. but all other issues remain. Bad roads -yes, poor discipline-yes, dense population- yes.
The rich are extremely rich and the poor are extremely poor. but the amount of money the people have is astonishing.
A Camry costs some where around 60k. A C63? around 150-160K USD
It truly is astounding the price gouge other countries have to take on cars. I saw in another thread where a member broke down all the taxes etc....it really is crazy.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C63, 2013 Mini Cooper S
Unfortunately, this is a common perception of India thanks to the media. It's definitely not a poor country! But there is a ridiculous amount of corruption. Like someone mentioned earlier, the rich get richer and poor go nowhere.
And Indian drivers are not bad drivers. Just not disciplined enough! With the amount of traffic and population its difficult to enforce discipline.
You need pretty good reflexes to drive there. And almost everyone learns to drive a stick. A lot of the kids here don't even know how to do that.
Sorry not bashing anyone but just defending my country!
And the reason I moved out was because I could not afford a C63 there. So I moved here!
Old 01-20-2016, 05:06 PM

Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
I forgot to add, if you learn to drive in India, you can drive anywhere in the world. the skill level is very high. you need to be able to maneuver with vehicles within 1 inch of either side.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
-Super super bad corruption locally and for the actual governing government
-Immense part of population is poor and oppressed
-Horrible way of life, social structure, traditions keep the poor down
-The few super rich flaunt (that's like me breaking out a huge juicy delicious burger, fries and an ice cold drink in a stadium of packed starving people and just eating it and enjoying it....evil and just ridiculous
-jealousy and resentment as a result of have and have not's

Driving a lambo there is just a punch in the face to the other citizens. Stop running away from your own country. Help and make a difference.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sriniAMG
Unfortunately, this is a common perception of India thanks to the media. It's definitely not a poor country! But there is a ridiculous amount of corruption. Like someone mentioned earlier, the rich get richer and poor go nowhere.
And Indian drivers are not bad drivers. Just not disciplined enough! With the amount of traffic and population its difficult to enforce discipline.
You need pretty good reflexes to drive there. And almost everyone learns to drive a stick. A lot of the kids here don't even know how to do that.
And the reason I moved out was because I could not afford a C63 there. So I moved here!

Defending your country? Yeah right. You just stated that that's why you "moved here". Your obvious answer was to just get someone to sponsor you here. Hardly call a couple comments from behind your iphone in your C63 "defending your country".

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 01-20-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:47 PM
GRP

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
2010 C63
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
It truly is astounding the price gouge other countries have to take on cars. I saw in another thread where a member broke down all the taxes etc....it really is crazy.

Australia has an on road price for the new C63S fully kitted (the only version we are offered) of approximately US$115K to US$120K. Gouging happens not just in "poor" countries.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Defending your country? Yeah right. You just stated that that's why you "moved here". Your obvious answer was to just get someone to sponsor you here. Hardly call a couple comments from behind your iphone in your C63 "defending your country".
Relax man! It was not meant to be taken seriously.
You don't know anything about me and probably never lived in India.
You don't have to be in your country to defend it. Just another classic case of ignorance!
Old 01-20-2016, 05:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Yeah the driving in India is very scary, but the drivers there are so good! When I went to visit, I still didn't see as many accidents there as I do here.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:00 PM

C63 AMG
Relax man! It was not meant to be taken seriously.
You don't know anything about me and probably never lived in India.
You don't have to be in your country to defend it. Just another classic case of ignorance!
+63
Old 01-20-2016, 06:28 PM

C63 AMG
Indian drivers are very bad drivers, I almost got side swiped the other day by this indian lady who had no idea how to merge lanes.. India is also a very poor country, the rich are very rich and the poor are very poor there, hardly a middle class.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:30 PM

C63 AMG
-Super super bad corruption locally and for the actual governing government
-Immense part of population is poor and oppressed
-Horrible way of life, social structure, traditions keep the poor down
-The few super rich flaunt (that's like me breaking out a huge juicy delicious burger, fries and an ice cold drink in a stadium of packed starving people and just eating it and enjoying it....evil and just ridiculous
-jealousy and resentment as a result of have and have not's

Driving a lambo there is just a punch in the face to the other citizens. Stop running away from your own country. Help and make a difference.
This is on point Zeph.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by AMGPower88
Indian drivers are very bad drivers, I almost got side swiped the other day by this indian lady who had no idea how to merge lanes.. India is also a very poor country, the rich are very rich and the poor are very poor there, hardly a middle class.
And you're basing that on one incident??? Come on... There are bad drivers all over the world!
And I'm sorry, but there is a pretty big middle class.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:39 PM

Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Thats actually not quite true. Asian women win the bad driver contest all day! But then I am also agreeing with you since India is part of Asia.
But seriously, I want someone to teach asian drivers how to show a little remorse. Not much, but just a little bit. A wave of hand, a little bit acknowledgement is ok, you know.

Last edited by Sidv22; 01-20-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:43 PM

C63 AMG
I don't get how some people can judge India without ever visiting or living there.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rohitC63
I don't get how some people can judge India without ever visiting or living there.
What are you even saying??!!...how do you know? And....AND let's just say, let's just say for sake of entertaining you stupid comeback that "we" haven't visited or been to India or aren't Indian....with todays social media, countless documentaries, news reports, journals, tweets, videos, articles, facebook and instagram posts, reading/knowing about someone with a first person experience, you don't even need to be somewhere to know ALL about it.

Pull your head out of your *** and stop mistaking fake internet pride for common sense.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 01-20-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is on point Zeph.
AMGPower88

India is a mess....economically, socially, legislatively, politically...granted it has beautiful people and it has a beautiful country and history. Too bad they don't try to better themselves and just live in filth and corruption and "getting married" or "getting hired by a tech firm" to move to the US is their way out and they act pompous and arrogant to each other when they get here...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 01-20-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:10 PM

C63 AMG
What are you even saying??!!...how do you know? And....AND let's just say, let's just say for sake of entertaining you stupid comeback that "we" haven't visited or been to India....with todays social media, countless documentaries, news reports, journals, tweets, videos, articles, facebook and instagram posts, reading/knowing about someone with a first person experience, you don't even need to be somewhere to know ALL about it.

Pull your head out of your *** and stop mistaking fake internet pride for common sense.
Media? When has the media ever showed something that is not biased?! I've been to India many times in my life, the bad part and good part. I know how india is, I don't look at it through the TV or Internet, I witnessed it with my own eyes. Yes the Indian government is corrupt, yes the poor need help there. BUT it is not the ****hole like the media portrays. Every country has their fair share of bad and good. Hell, where I live there's hundreds of homeless people walking around, but I don't bash that.
If you believe everything the media shows, you truly are stupid.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:12 PM

C63 AMG
Tell me Zephyr have you ever visited the villages in India, talked to the townsfolk, and got to know them? No.
These people live lives 5x harder than us and are still enjoying life as much as they can. They have more family values than most people in the USA.
If you never sat down and talked to these people, you have no right to judge them.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:30 PM

AMGPower88

India is a mess....economically, socially, legislatively, politically...granted it has beautiful people and it has a beautiful country and history. Too bad they don't try to better themselves and just live in filth and corruption and "getting married" or "getting hired by a tech firm" to move to the US is their way out and they act pompous and arrogant to each other when they get here...
Wow! Looks like you have been affected a lot by this! just kidding...
Unfortunately, half of what you're saying is true. Heck, maybe even more than half!
But I don't think its really fair for you to generalize. Every country has its own problems!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:46 PM

Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Time to lock this thread, mods. It never goes too well when people start *****t!ng on country, religion, beliefs etc.
All this may not even matter in the end. If Steven Hawking is telling the truth, we are going to destroy each other anyways. If there's so much hatred on a car forum, then imagine whats it like out in the real world. Every country is beautiful and with its own share of problems. We are just a tiny speck in the grand scheme.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to Own a Supercar in a Super Poor Country