C63 wheel advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
C63 wheel advice

Hey guys,

I could do with some advice. Ive just bought a 2014 C63 Coupe, and was wondering would the '507' wheels fit straight onto my C63 without any modifications or problems?

Thanks in advanced
Old 08-21-2016, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Yup.

The 5 spoke, split 5, and 507 edition wheels are all the same in terms of fitment on the c63.
The following users liked this post:
AMG_INK (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 10:23 AM

C63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Yup.

The 5 spoke, split 5, and 507 edition wheels are all the same in terms of fitment on the c63.
Thanks brother, Im trying to do some research it seems the 507 wheels are not available to non 507 owners is that correct?

If so what wheels would you recommend that are similar looking?
Old 08-21-2016, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^Well, that just opens up a whole pandoras box of wheel questions and answers.

Flip through these two threads (I suggested working from the last page backwards for more recent 'fresh' stuff):
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...otos-here.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...el-thread.html

As far as genuine 507 wheels not being available to non-507 orders... not sure. I've never looked into that. I know a handful of people will pick up replica's especially because genuine 507 wheels are not cheap.

507 wheels will also have an OEM fitment which is too sunk in for me. If I was spending that kind of money on wheels I'd get something like a set of HRE's with a more aggressive offset with better fitment. You can always throw on some spacers though for a better fit.

This all depends on your budget, though. Another option which is a relatively cost effective one with a similar design comes from Vorsteiner wheels. They have vff 101's and vff 103's that have the 'Y' spoke design. There should be some pictures in the linked threads to people who have those.

Anyway, locking down a budget is the first step. Because you can either spend $1200 on replica wheels that will likely crack or bend and leave you with 0 customer support or you can spend $10k+ but if you mess a wheel up you won't be up a creek without a paddle.
The following users liked this post:
AMG_INK (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 11:00 AM

C63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^Well, that just opens up a whole pandoras box of wheel questions and answers.

Flip through these two threads (I suggested working from the last page backwards for more recent 'fresh' stuff):
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...otos-here.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...el-thread.html

As far as genuine 507 wheels not being available to non-507 orders... not sure. I've never looked into that. I know a handful of people will pick up replica's especially because genuine 507 wheels are not cheap.

507 wheels will also have an OEM fitment which is too sunk in for me. If I was spending that kind of money on wheels I'd get something like a set of HRE's with a more aggressive offset with better fitment. You can always throw on some spacers though for a better fit.

This all depends on your budget, though. Another option which is a relatively cost effective one with a similar design comes from Vorsteiner wheels. They have vff 101's and vff 103's that have the 'Y' spoke design. There should be some pictures in the linked threads to people who have those.

Anyway, locking down a budget is the first step. Because you can either spend $1200 on replica wheels that will likely crack or bend and leave you with 0 customer support or you can spend $10k+ but if you mess a wheel up you won't be up a creek without a paddle.
Thanks again, I will check the threads out in a second. I definitely dont want cheap wheels or anything that is lesser quality then the standard AMG wheels that are currently on there. HRE's seem to be a popular choice, so I will go have a look at what they have got. Ugh decisions, decisions driving me crazy
Old 08-21-2016, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Some people do okay with replica's. A lot of it comes down to how the roads are that you typically travel.

For example, those who live in major metropolitan areas deal with much worse roads and have to be extremely careful with what they buy. Potholes aren't and if, but a when for them.

For me, I live in the suburbs/country and have pretty decent roads so could get away with it. Again, just depends on your situation.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:29 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
If you cna find some 507 Wheels for cheap, why not.

I'd rock them with some spacers to be honest.

However, if they're not cheap, and your'e spending anywhere like 5K for them already, I'd look into a set of HREs.

Or...I have a set of HRE P40SC in 19" with Michelin PSS for sale for 5K Shipped

No need for spacers, perfect max OEM fender fitment
Old 08-21-2016, 01:10 PM

C63
The roads in the UK are prone to having nasty potholes, at least Im always complaining about them haha £5k for rims is tough, its gonna take some saving! Im really liking the Klassen wheels but I cant find a UK dealer.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:12 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Phil Chow
If you cna find some 507 Wheels for cheap, why not.

I'd rock them with some spacers to be honest.

However, if they're not cheap, and your'e spending anywhere like 5K for them already, I'd look into a set of HREs.

Or...I have a set of HRE P40SC in 19" with Michelin PSS for sale for 5K Shipped

No need for spacers, perfect max OEM fender fitment
Yes I would definitely grab a pair of 507 wheels in a heartbeat! I might ring up my dealership and enquire. Thanks for the offer on the HSE's but shipping from HK would be a fortune! haha