Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JR tuning uk

 
Old 09-26-2016, 12:38 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
JR tuning uk

got my TCU tune today with flasher from JR tuning in the uk .
So easy .... called up last Tuesday spoke to rob talked c63 stuff , next day decided to go ahead , called again processed payment via credit card (I'm in Australia) and now 3 business days later it arrived with nice clear instructions on how to install and have it adapt . I will do this over the weekend as I need to use all rpm range and all gears ! So have to find some safe places . Just wanted to share how simple this transaction was even from the other side of the world

John

Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 12:41 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 478
Liked 111 Times in 77 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
What year is your car?
Ambystom01 is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 12:42 AM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
2008 July
Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 01:38 AM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 606
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
W204 C63
Not sure what you're tuning on the TCU. Looks like a load of **** to me.

Weistec and Eurocharged, two of the largest W204 C63 Tuners, have mentioned repeatedly that the TCU CANNOT be tuned through OBD-II, but has to be taken out with the Valve Body and flashed on a bench.

But, in to see some results, I'm happy to be proven wrong!
Phil Chow is offline  
The following users liked this post: Phil Chow
BLKROKT (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 04:20 AM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
Yep we will I guess
AMG do there updates and settings this way so time will tell
Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 05:52 AM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,869
Liked 1,242 Times in 837 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
TCU can't be tuned via OBDII port. Full stop.

Unless you have datalogging equipment and can show the changed TCU values, any 'results' or 'feelings' are a result of your imagination. Sorry.
BLKROKT is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 06:00 AM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
TCU can't be tuned via OBDII port. Full stop.

Unless you have datalogging equipment and can show the changed TCU values, any 'results' or 'feelings' are a result of your imagination. Sorry.
ill pass that on to the the head tech at MB who does there transmission adaptations/ updates via the obd thanks mate
Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 07:42 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,869
Liked 1,242 Times in 837 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
This is hilarious. From the JRTuning website:

"Want even more? Add a gearbox remap...
The remap figures above are from Engine ECU remapping on the C63 AMG. We also offer a C63 AMG gearbox TCU remap which provides the following additional benefits over and above the engine ECU remap:

Additional 30bhp gains (flywheel).
Lightening quick gear shifts.
Smoother gear shifting.
Faster reaction to paddle shift inputs.
Optimised shift pattern.
Quicker acceleration..

This graph shows a comparison between a C63 AMG running on the dyno with just a competitors Engine ECU remap compared to one running with both our Engine and Gearbox ECU remaps. Naturally the graph only shows power and torque gains from the gearbox torque limiter changes, not the additional benefits such as improvements to shift speed. "





Wow, there's *30hp* trapped in the gearbox just waiting to burst out? Who knew? What is in there, an electric motor?

Why don't you have your JRTuning friends come on here and explain exactly what they've done to the "Gearbox ECU"? I mean, if they're tuning the "Gearbox ECU" via OBDII, then they've achieved what Renntech, Weistech, Kleemann, Eurocharged, MHP, and many others in all their unlimited budgets and race experience have not been able to.

And it's just a little dongle you plug in and BOOM you're flashed - so simple, these guys must be REALLY good!

Of course, we all know it's not possible. I really just want the board to have a chance to expose another scammer (see: IPD intake spacers).
BLKROKT is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 08:40 AM
  #9  
Member
 
s.e.a.n.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 164
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
In for the updates. Would love to see if there is any difference.
s.e.a.n. is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 08:51 AM
  #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
This is hilarious. From the JRTuning website:

"Want even more? Add a gearbox remap...
The remap figures above are from Engine ECU remapping on the C63 AMG. We also offer a C63 AMG gearbox TCU remap which provides the following additional benefits over and above the engine ECU remap:

Additional 30bhp gains (flywheel).
Lightening quick gear shifts.
Smoother gear shifting.
Faster reaction to paddle shift inputs.
Optimised shift pattern.
Quicker acceleration..

This graph shows a comparison between a C63 AMG running on the dyno with just a competitors Engine ECU remap compared to one running with both our Engine and Gearbox ECU remaps. Naturally the graph only shows power and torque gains from the gearbox torque limiter changes, not the additional benefits such as improvements to shift speed. "





Wow, there's *30hp* trapped in the gearbox just waiting to burst out? Who knew? What is in there, an electric motor?

Why don't you have your JRTuning friends come on here and explain exactly what they've done to the "Gearbox ECU"? I mean, if they're tuning the "Gearbox ECU" via OBDII, then they've achieved what Renntech, Weistech, Kleemann, Eurocharged, MHP, and many others in all their unlimited budgets and race experience have not been able to.

And it's just a little dongle you plug in and BOOM you're flashed - so simple, these guys must be REALLY good!

Of course, we all know it's not possible. I really just want the board to have a chance to expose another scammer (see: IPD intake spacers).
hello FYI I'm not mates with jr tuning , FYI mhp offers TCU tuning updates . FYI Mercedes Benz do software uspdates via obd fact . Either way they offer a money back guarantee so if I'm not into it I will send it back , like life it's mine to choose , you go your way and I'll go mine . ..sound fair


John
Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 09:11 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,869
Liked 1,242 Times in 837 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Fair enough. Good luck.
BLKROKT is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 04:18 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ny
Posts: 4,407
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Question for yaa.
My cars tcu valve body hasn't been touched. But from ecu tuning oe was able to raise my rev limiter and make my M to change on its own at redline like s+ in facelift cars. Is that part of tcu tuning or no?
mthis is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 06:03 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,124
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
You can log transmission info from obd as well as modify adaptions I recon it's possible to true tcu through obd also
mr747 is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 08:03 AM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C 63 AMG 2009
I order that too about 35 days ago. And i had i dyno and tested that jr tuning system. **** is ****.
velic63finland is offline  
Old 10-17-2016, 05:15 AM
  #15  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
Well I'm 120 Klms in and loving this , I can now short shift 1st to 2nd at 10 kmph which I could not do before in Any mode which enables me to wind on lock and accelerate out of 90 degree turns , as 1st is almost useless in this car

i feel it does everything they said it would , car feels like a quite different car ... MB toorak did the upload with me there . The same way they do all TCU software updates thru the obd

John
Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 10:24 PM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ny
Posts: 4,407
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Johnnie58 View Post
Well I'm 120 Klms in and loving this , I can now short shift 1st to 2nd at 10 kmph which I could not do before in Any mode which enables me to wind on lock and accelerate out of 90 degree turns , as 1st is almost useless in this car

i feel it does everything they said it would , car feels like a quite different car ... MB toorak did the upload with me there . The same way they do all TCU software updates thru the obd

John
If u use the AMG menu it shows what gear your in. If your in comfort mode it will be in 2nd gear .
mthis is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 12:01 AM
  #17  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 606
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
W204 C63
If you leave it in Comfort Mode, the car starts in 2nd Gear, lol. 1st is never used in Comfort Mode IIRC.
Phil Chow is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 02:42 AM
  #18  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Phil Chow View Post
If you leave it in Comfort Mode, the car starts in 2nd Gear, lol. 1st is never used in Comfort Mode IIRC.
yes I know this gents , I have no idea why you are telling me this ?
Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:42 AM
  #19  
Super Member
 
SuperFastYo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 697
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Hmm... any videos of a pull?
SuperFastYo is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 08:37 PM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ny
Posts: 4,407
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Johnnie58 View Post
Well I'm 120 Klms in and loving this ,I can now short shift 1st to 2nd at 10 kmph which I could not do before in Any mode which enables me to wind on lock and accelerate out of 90 degree turns , as 1st is almost useless in this car

i feel it does everything they said it would , car feels like a quite different car ... MB toorak did the upload with me there . The same way they do all TCU software updates thru the obd


John
Originally Posted by Johnnie58 View Post
yes I know this gents , I have no idea why you are telling me this ?
You were saying you couldn't do it in any more before.
mthis is offline  
Old 10-21-2016, 01:17 AM
  #21  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
Thanks mate , but that is NOT what I said at all



The car is great the software works that's all that matters hey



Originally Posted by mthis View Post
You were saying you couldn't do it in any more before.
Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 10-21-2016, 05:40 AM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by Johnnie58 View Post
Thanks mate , but that is NOT what I said at all



The car is great the software works that's all that matters hey
if you had some tune in you car make sure that gearbox remaping dont cost anything for that. Mine drop power about 30hp with gearbox remaping.
velic63finland is offline  
Old 10-21-2016, 05:49 AM
  #23  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MB C63 AMG
Originally Posted by velic63finland View Post
if you had some tune in you car make sure that gearbox remaping dont cost anything for that. Mine drop power about 30hp with gearbox remaping.
interesting , I'm runing a tune from Peter Fitzgerald racing . So far the car feels amazingly strong I'm looking forward to my DPE headers soon !
Johnnie58 is offline  
Old 10-21-2016, 07:45 AM
  #24  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by Johnnie58 View Post
interesting , I'm runing a tune from Peter Fitzgerald racing . So far the car feels amazingly strong I'm looking forward to my DPE headers soon !
you should check that a dyno. i have oetuning and secondary cat delete and k&n filtters.

Dynodynamics 379kw and 619nm in crank with oe

With oetuning and gearbox remap 358kw and 615nm
velic63finland is offline  
Old 10-21-2016, 09:57 AM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,217
Liked 209 Times in 161 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Originally Posted by Johnnie58 View Post
Well I'm 120 Klms in and loving this , I can now short shift 1st to 2nd at 10 kmph which I could not do before in Any mode which enables me to wind on lock and accelerate out of 90 degree turns , as 1st is almost useless in this car

i feel it does everything they said it would , car feels like a quite different car ... MB toorak did the upload with me there . The same way they do all TCU software updates thru the obd

John
That butt dyno is really in full work mode lol.

INS1GNIA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: JR tuning uk


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: