BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
I emailed these guys at 10:05 and paid and had V6 like 10 minutes later.
Ok, may I ask you what you asked them for?
Cos maybe I am being dense here but I see a lot of "we can customize", which is cool, but Im not entirely sure I get what I can do and how I can customize.
Theres not exactly a menu here to pick and choose from.
So what did you ask for?

Am I wrong here or do others feel the same way?
Despite my reputation lol Im not being cranky, Im just unclear on exactly what the changes are and how we can dial these now and seeking some guidance.

I was on the updates for life program, but for reasons others have mentioned already I am ok with this charge. My thought is that it would be very fair to think of it as "for the life of the model run". Once something isnt produced anymore you are really going above and beyond to be working on updates.

Last edited by 604 C63; 11-10-2016 at 12:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Mazspeed
If I bought the new Merc GT-R the first thing I would do is ditch that horrible exhaust. I like the clean sound of an angry musical V8 without the crackling and popping noises. That's for kids.
Agreed, it sounds horrible on it and that's the only thing I don't like about the new Merc GT-R.

I pm'd these questions (just waiting for a response) but I will also put in here in case someone else has similar questions/thoughts.

Hi Eurocharged,

Background:
  • I have the v5 tune
  • 2013 C63 P31
Questions:
Rev Limiter -

• The rev limiter being raised to 7500. Will this affect how/when the car auto shifts?
  • Will the fuel cutoff still work or is that disabled?
  • Will the power be distributed differently, like whats the purpose of having higher rev limiter?
Flame Tunes -
  • Whats different about this tune, is there more fuel/run richer being supplied to make the flame?
  • What are the guidelines in order to make the flame happen (rpm med/high then let off?)
Burbles/Popping -
  • Is this any extra or more from the v5 version of the burbles/popping?
Lastly do I need to send the stock or currently tuned file in order to get the v6 file?
The following 3 users liked this post by INS1GNIA:
604 C63 (11-10-2016), bluejae (11-10-2016), Mazspeed (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMGs
the rev limiter being raised does make the gears hold longer, you make 0 more power at that RPM it's basically flat lined. It does help with shifting a tad because normally instead of shifting say at 6950 or whatever it does, it'll shift closer to the 7xxxx you use.

You can run 8000 RPM actually perfectly fine

Fuel cut off gets hit more often i'd say with the RPM set higher because you're trying to force more down the cars throat when there is nothing more to give
Old 11-10-2016, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
need some clarification

does the v6 tune include more than 1 tune at the holiday price of $75?

for example, i would obviously take the increase in power and better fuel maps, etc.

not sure of the benefits of increasing the limiter so i'll probably pass on that...

now when it comes to this flame tune and the burble pop tune... would that mean 3 tune files... 4 with ethanol?

1 - normal v6
2 - flame v6
3 - burble pop v6
4 - ethanol v6

questions about the ethanol kit... if you have the ethanol tune... do you always have to be using e85 or can you switch from 93? or does the tune need to be changed each time different fuel is used... or is there like a daily driving ethanol tune and a more aggressive ethanol tune for the track?

is there a package price if you purchase the ethanol kit and the v6? or is the v6 thrown in with the ethanol kit?

i also found this old thread with someone posting about the possibility of using ethanol... someone posted all this info about the dangers of ethanol... i don't know anything on the subject so just curious...
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...hanol-mix.html

and finally... i would gladly pay $75 for a tune that will get rid of this awful random hesitation/bogging that keeps happening since v4... although v6 and those extras would be great... i would rather have a v5 that fixes the hesitation...

Last edited by bluejae; 11-10-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing (SOLD), 2009 SLK55 (SOLD), 2015 C7 Z06 7MT, 2016 C450amg
I ordered the V6 with the pops, stock rev limit. I will see how it is vs the V5.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 464 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Ok, may I ask you what you asked them for?
Cos maybe I am being dense here but I see a lot of "we can customize", which is cool, but Im not entirely sure I get what I can do and how I can customize.
Theres not exactly a menu here to pick and choose from.
So what did you ask for?

Am I wrong here or do others feel the same way?
Despite my reputation lol Im not being cranky, Im just unclear on exactly what the changes are and how we can dial these now and seeking some guidance.

I was on the updates for life program, but for reasons others have mentioned already I am ok with this charge. My thought is that it would be very fair to think of it as "for the life of the model run". Once something isnt produced anymore you are really going above and beyond to be working on updates.

I asked them for stock rev limit and some more burble and to keep the cold start - those seem to be the 3 things you can configure.

The flame tune will throw some flames if you have no cats, for those with cats it just let's a little unburnt fuel into the exhaust to give the burble, not sure how configurable this is.

A little more rev limit might help on the track to save a shift maybe, but don't see a lot of reason to have it on the street.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Agreed, it sounds horrible on it and that's the only thing I don't like about the new Merc GT-R.

I pm'd these questions (just waiting for a response) but I will also put in here in case someone else has similar questions/thoughts.

Hi Eurocharged,

Background:
  • I have the v5 tune
  • 2013 C63 P31
Questions:
Rev Limiter -

• The rev limiter being raised to 7500. Will this affect how/when the car auto shifts?
  • Will the fuel cutoff still work or is that disabled?
  • Will the power be distributed differently, like whats the purpose of having higher rev limiter?
Flame Tunes -
  • Whats different about this tune, is there more fuel/run richer being supplied to make the flame?
  • What are the guidelines in order to make the flame happen (rpm med/high then let off?)
Burbles/Popping -
  • Is this any extra or more from the v5 version of the burbles/popping?
Lastly do I need to send the stock or currently tuned file in order to get the v6 file?
Thank you. Please post their reply, cos that will help us keep from asking the same questions, over and over and over. Well, some of us anyways

Originally Posted by roadkillrob
I asked them for stock rev limit and some more burble and to keep the cold start - those seem to be the 3 things you can configure.

The flame tune will throw some flames if you have no cats, for those with cats it just let's a little unburnt fuel into the exhaust to give the burble, not sure how configurable this is.

A little more rev limit might help on the track to save a shift maybe, but don't see a lot of reason to have it on the street.
So...by asking for "more burble" you are kinda asking for the the flame tune, correct?

BTW I just finally learned how to do a 'multi-quote' and not only is easy as all get out its a wicked time saver! For a guy who loves to learn, I sure do it slowly sometimes.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 C63 AMG P31
I got a reply but all came up was my quote/message I sent them. Is any one else having this issue with their private messages?

Edit: Seems the answers where right next to the questions and my dumbass didn't see them lol.

Last edited by INS1GNIA; 11-10-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
They may have used a symbol in their reply. Some, like the less than greater than symbols (can't use em here lol) cause formatting issues and can make everything that comes after disappear.
INS1GNIA (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 01:38 PM

AMGs
Wheres all those bark memes when you need them?

Seriously guys, a tune doesn't make your car fart more unless they run it rich, they say they run leaner so it won't pop more just because of that. Running leaner too makes more heat

If you want more "barks farts crackles and pops" just straight pipe the car and buy some ROW boxes, it'll do all that then some even when you're doing 5mph

this car will shoot flames without a tune as long as you have the proper exhaust setup

whats next? Do we get vTec anytime soon?

Last edited by MJames2; 11-10-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by MJames2
Wheres all those bark memes when you need them?

Seriously guys, a tune doesn't make your car fart more unless they run it rich, they say they run leaner so it won't pop more just because of that. Running leaner too makes more heat

If you want more "barks farts crackles and pops" just straight pipe the car and buy some ROW boxes, it'll do all that then some even when you're doing 5mph

this car will shoot flames without a tune as long as you have the proper exhaust setup

whats next? Do we get vTec anytime soon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQjDDZvu6v4
Jesus why so much salt??? Some people like that stuff, and if they already have a tune why change out anything when you can just get a tune for it?
Old 11-10-2016, 01:48 PM

AMGs
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo
Jesus why so much salt??? Some people like that stuff, and if they already have a tune why change out anything when you can just get a tune for it?
because a fart tune on a stock c63 won't magically make it "bark" more. Do you guys even understand how A/F works? Not trying to be a dinker but lets be real here you can't magically throw a file on a stock car and it just starts to crackle more

im just trying to save you guys who own a stock car some money. If you want more pops, delete your cats and straight pipe the car from the headers back to the exhaust for under $500 or just remove your secondaries

you can even buy the straight pipes from a guy on this forum for pretty cheap and it will produce 100x more "pops" then any tune will

Last edited by MJames2; 11-10-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
I have updated the original post a bit. I will try and update it more to answer more of y'alls questions. Just please be patient with me as I am still learning and trying to answer everyone's PM's, emails, and phone calls.

-Tiff
Old 11-10-2016, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
any dyno runs with the V6?
Old 11-10-2016, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
you can't magically throw a file on a stock car and it just starts to crackle more
Guess V5 was just a group hallucination then.
You can't tell me that it doesn't crackle and pop more on downshift than a stock car.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 C63 AMG P31
The answers are in bold, hope this helps out some. Be sure to check out the first page near the bottom of Eurocharged post for updated info also.

Hi Eurocharged,

Background:
  • I have the v5 tune
  • 2013 C63 P31
Questions:
Rev Limiter -

• The rev limiter being raised to 7500. Will this affect how/when the car shifts? NO.
  • Will the fuel cutoff still work or is that disabled? I have zero clue, it's irrelevant.
  • Will the power be distributed differently, like whats the purpose of having higher rev limiter? It's a naturally aspirated car so it doesn't heat soak and it pulls all the way to redline, so extending the rev limiter out further allows a higher hp gain.
Flame Tunes -
  • Whats different about this tune, is there more fuel/run richer being supplied to make the flame? Again, irrelevant, there are so many maps modified to get this to happen and to explain to people how to shoot flames in a tune would take forever.
  • What are the guidelines in order to make the flame happen (rpm med/high then let off?) only guideline; needs to be catless
Burbles/Popping -
  • Is this any extra or more from the v5 version of the burbles/popping? This is extra, burbles and popping on deceleration from above 4000 rpm.
Lastly do I need to send the stock or currently tuned file in order to get the v6 file? Stock file.

Thank you,
Anthony
The following 5 users liked this post by INS1GNIA:
507OverBiturbo (11-20-2016), 604 C63 (11-10-2016), BLKROKT (11-10-2016), ev4530 (11-12-2016), SuperFastYo (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
The answers are in bold, hope this helps out some. Be sure to check out the first page near the bottom of Eurocharged post for updated info also.
Thanks for updating us Ins1gnia
Old 11-10-2016, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!

Hi Eurocharged,

Background:
  • I have the v5 tune
  • 2013 C63 P31
Questions:
Rev Limiter -

• The rev limiter being raised to 7500. Will this affect how/when the car shifts? NO.
  • Will the fuel cutoff still work or is that disabled? I have zero clue, it's irrelevant.
  • Will the power be distributed differently, like whats the purpose of having higher rev limiter? It's a naturally aspirated car so it doesn't heat soak and it pulls all the way to redline, so extending the rev limiter out further allows a higher hp gain. This is only true if Eurocharged is advertising gains all the way to the new revised rev limit, which they are not. If there are no gains, then this comment is false and is meant to brush you off. The purpose of the raised rev limiter is when you MANUALLY shift at a higher point, your next gear will land at a higher RPM point making more power.
Flame Tunes -
  • Whats different about this tune, is there more fuel/run richer being supplied to make the flame? Again, irrelevant, there are so many maps modified to get this to happen and to explain to people how to shoot flames in a tune would take forever. I love how EC is calling your question irrelevant when they don't want to answer the question. A flame tune requires MORE fuel to be used to shoot out the flames, that requires RICHER tune.
  • What are the guidelines in order to make the flame happen (rpm med/high then let off?) only guideline; needs to be catless
Burbles/Popping -
  • Is this any extra or more from the v5 version of the burbles/popping? This is extra, burbles and popping on deceleration from above 4000 rpm.
Lastly do I need to send the stock or currently tuned file in order to get the v6 file? Stock file.

Thank you,
Anthony
To shoot flames out your tailpipe and to make more "Burbles and popping" require more fuel and a richer AFR. Good luck to all your O2 sensors with this flame shooting, burble popping tune. EC should spend time answering questions instead of avoiding the relevant questions and calling it irrelevant.
audriesQ (11-18-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Guess V5 was just a group hallucination then.
You can't tell me that it doesn't crackle and pop more on downshift than a stock car.
I think maybe James was talking about the trailing throttle farts, not downshift farts (which the V5 definitely added.)
Old 11-10-2016, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Thank you for posting that.

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
I think maybe James was talking about the trailing throttle farts, not downshift farts (which the V5 definitely added.)
Gotcha. Makes sense now.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:32 AM

2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing (SOLD), 2009 SLK55 (SOLD), 2015 C7 Z06 7MT, 2016 C450amg
Got V6 yesterday and drove the car to work this morning. Stock revlimit, added pops and whatever.

The throttle response seems smoother, downshifts sound the same. The added pops I could only tell when in manual mode, getting on it and then letting off the gas at high rpm there are a few pops. That does not continue as the revs fall, seems to be just when letting off throttle at high rpm.

Worth the upgrade? Sure? No real concernable difference but $75 for a claimed 5 to 10 hp from a trusted company seems reasonable. Going to the 1/4 mile track with the car for the first time this weekend. May make some runs with stock/V5/V6. Trying to stay consistent using race start and see what the times/trap speeds show.
507OverBiturbo (11-20-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 464 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers
Got V6 yesterday and drove the car to work this morning. Stock revlimit, added pops and whatever.

The throttle response seems smoother, downshifts sound the same. The added pops I could only tell when in manual mode, getting on it and then letting off the gas at high rpm there are a few pops. That does not continue as the revs fall, seems to be just when letting off throttle at high rpm.

Worth the upgrade? Sure? No real concernable difference but $75 for a claimed 5 to 10 hp from a trusted company seems reasonable. Going to the 1/4 mile track with the car for the first time this weekend. May make some runs with stock/V5/V6. Trying to stay consistent using race start and see what the times/trap speeds show.
I would agree with this assessment 100%, also have stock rev limit added pops and get the pops exactly the same, only driven to work once though. Will drive it some more today, but does seem smoother, especially in S and S+.

Going to put in mikes power pipe tonight (straight no H) and see if the pops are any different without the secondary cats.

Worth the upgrade, not a huge difference, but worth it to me.

Props to Eurocharged for still upgrading the tune on and engine that Mercedes has moved on from.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Realistically, in a car where you can spend $200 on a start button (and a group of guys that will pay that) how much can you expect for $75?
Add in the fact that this is the 6th version of this, and there really cant be that much more to wring out. $75 is a tank of gas here. Ill spend that kind of money just for the fun of trying something new. Do I expect a huge difference? Nope, but it'll be fun to try.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:29 AM

AMGs

you guys weren't seriously expecting a ton of pops from a stock car were you? please tell me no.

I learned this in like grade 8 shop class, what are they teaching people these days

Last edited by MJames2; 11-11-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:33 AM

you guys weren't seriously expecting a ton of pops from a stock car were you? please tell me no.

I learned this in like grade 8 shop class, what are they teaching people these days

no ***** it's going to pop more with no cats ...i thought every man on the planet knew this the day they turned 12 and ripped a dirt bike 80km into a ditch
2012 SRT8 pops and gargles as the revs fall in gear. Stock cats/mopar exhaust/resonator removed.

2004 Viper SRT10 pops and gargles as revs fall through gears. Stock cats/aftermarket exhaust.

Planing on leaving cats in the C63 but will most likely be putting in eurocharged Xpipe to replace the resonator. I expect it will pop and gargle more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.