Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info) >

BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info)

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info)

 
Old 11-16-2016, 10:14 AM
  #126  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 63
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63
That's good news, did not like the pops vs the nice deep burbles on the V5. Im sure they are going to fix that as well.
KatchC63 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:40 AM
  #127  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 59
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
AMGs
no.

this burble won't ever work on any w204 without it acting like it has no gas going to the engine

people are just chasing numbers now with c63

Reliability > Everything else

i think you guys also need to come to grips with the reality that EC can only "tune" so many things ...they're on V6 now, what did you people expect?

Last edited by MJames2; 11-16-2016 at 11:53 AM.
MJames2 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 12:06 PM
  #128  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Originally Posted by MJames2 View Post
no.

this burble won't ever work on any w204 without it acting like it has no gas going to the engine

people are just chasing numbers now with c63

Reliability > Everything else

i think you guys also need to come to grips with the reality that EC can only "tune" so many things ...they're on V6 now, what did you people expect?
holy crap. You're not into it. We get it. Do you have to be such a frigging grinch about it?
So don't have a tune. Or don't have a C63 even. Whatever. I don't care. But stop trying to tell other people what to do with their money and their cars. Everyone has different goals and different risk tolerances. Who are you to tell people what those should be? Your now deleted comment re Karl Benz is telling. I personally don't want a Benz, I want an AMG.

Your position is clear. Your opinion has been stated and restated and restated. Noted. Enough already Stop pissing on a good site sponsor who has consistently provided a quality product and quality service.

Last edited by 604 C63; 11-16-2016 at 01:22 PM.
604 C63 is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by 604 C63:
AMG3.2 (11-16-2016), evd (11-16-2016), SuperFastYo (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 01:17 PM
  #129  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,218
Liked 209 Times in 161 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post
**Updated**
I updated my original post as well.

The car drives and performs great. The burbles/pops were toned down some by Jerry and they are not annoying now and fit the car. The shifts are smooth and amazing. No more jerkiness.

I still feel like the v5 is more aggressive of a tune. The only thing I noticed with the v6 was the not as loud/aggressive downshifts or normal noise acceleration (not muffled, just not as loud). It probably has to do with the smoother shifting. That is just my preference and what I observed. Besides that, the tune is great and tons of people will like it. Thank you again Jerry and EC.
INS1GNIA is offline  
The following users liked this post: INS1GNIA
SuperFastYo (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 04:03 PM
  #130  
Newbie
 
akumadiavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 2007 Mazdaspeed3, 2015 Toyota Highlander
Originally Posted by jay rick View Post
To those nagging baster. Do you like to work for free? If not, shut the hell up. 75 or 125 is still reasonable for an upgrade if you really want it. No one is poiting a gun at you to do the upgrade. Im happy with my v5 and i dont need more pops or leaner fuel.
Yes, if my company says they will do something for free, we actually do it for free and without crying about it. That is what is called integrity and proper business practices. And we do give out our services for free to attract new clients, make up for mistakes and such. It happens, you just have to be man enough to stand behind your word.

I don't really think paying for an upgrade is a huge deal, other than the fact that we were all blatantly lied to. EC looked us all in the face and completely bull****ted us. They promised us all free upgrades for life, then went back on it because they felt like it. Then couldn't even have the spine to really address it here. What they are doing is sickening and cowardly from a business perspective. You just cannot advertise and promise customers something then just take it away because you realize you don't want to do it anymore. You can stop offering it to future customers, but to take it away from customers you already sold it to is disgusting, sleazy, and illegal to boot. Sony just got sued for doing something similar by removing features from the PS3 post release. You cannot take something away that was used as a selling point without compensating the people that paid for it, that is against the law. Now I doubt enough people would care to make a class action and pursue this, but it is illegal.

Seeing what's going on here I don't think I will be moving from 5 to 6 any time soon, but I would dang well expect it to be free when I want to, because they promised me it would be. That is one of the reasons I bought this tune, so if I can't have my promised free tunes for life I expect a full refund so I can move onto a company that doesn't lie to all their customers.

This is no different than ordering a Titanium exhaust, then getting a steel one because titanium was too expensive and they don't want to pay for it anymore. You have to actually provide what you sell, what they sold included lifetime updates. Period. End of Story. Otherwise we call it fraud.
akumadiavolo is offline  
The following users liked this post: akumadiavolo
SaphGreyC63 (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 04:08 PM
  #131  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Ima get some refreshments, sit back and see where this goes*





*this is merely a graphic representation of my statement, and not actually me lol.


Last edited by 604 C63; 11-16-2016 at 05:21 PM.
604 C63 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 04:11 PM
  #132  
Super Member
 
SuperFastYo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 697
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by 604 C63 View Post
*this is merely a graphic representation of my statement, and not actually me lol.
Lies

and you forgot:
SuperFastYo is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 04:11 PM
  #133  
Newbie
 
akumadiavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 2007 Mazdaspeed3, 2015 Toyota Highlander
Originally Posted by 604 C63 View Post
Ima get some refreshments, sit back and see where this goes.
It won't go anywhere. People can say their piece and I will say mine. That is my opinion and no one here is going to change it by saying I am not entitled to what was literally promised to me in exchange for money, so I won't engage in anything really. Just venting about crappy business practices as I have not had to time to be around before this.
akumadiavolo is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 05:00 PM
  #134  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,218
Liked 209 Times in 161 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Originally Posted by akumadiavolo View Post
Just venting / as I have not had to time to be around before this.
Exactly, that's why your opinion doesn't really matter on this issue. Pull your panties out your mouth (yes your mouth, because that's how far up your *** they are) and grab a beer and count to ten. This issue has already been addressed enough.
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 05:02 PM
  #135  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,874
Liked 1,245 Times in 838 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
After all this whining and complaining, if I were EC I'd just pull the V6 tune altogether and tell everyone a big "**** off" and that the M156 platform is no longer supported. Bunch of cheapass crybaby ingrates here I'll tell ya....
BLKROKT is online now  
The following 3 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
akmatic63 (11-16-2016), INS1GNIA (11-16-2016), Mazspeed (11-17-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 05:15 PM
  #136  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 3,298
Liked 149 Times in 126 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
After all this whining and complaining, if I were EC I'd just pull the V6 tune altogether and tell everyone a big "**** off" and that the M156 platform is no longer supported. Bunch of cheapass crybaby ingrates here I'll tell ya....
And how do you feel about that?

AMG3.2 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 05:17 PM
  #137  
evd
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 55
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
09 C63 Estate
Originally Posted by akumadiavolo View Post
It won't go anywhere. People can say their piece and I will say mine. That is my opinion and no one here is going to change it by saying I am not entitled to what was literally promised to me in exchange for money, so I won't engage in anything really. Just venting about crappy business practices as I have not had to time to be around before this.
Nevermind the free edits you would have gotten if you put headers or something on right and needed an update for that?
evd is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 05:21 PM
  #138  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo View Post
Lies

and you forgot:
Edited, and added.

Lets face it. I just wanted a chance to use that gif.
Does freak me out a little the way all the popcorn guys are synchronized.

Last edited by 604 C63; 11-16-2016 at 05:46 PM.
604 C63 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 05:49 PM
  #139  
Super Member
 
Dogtag114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 628
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
2009 c63
I would like to thank EC for my experience with their exemplary customer service.

For any potential customers reading this, I highly recommended them.
Dogtag114 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 05:55 PM
  #140  
Junior Member
 
///RAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: mexico
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63
Email sent!. I want my update ...
///RAMS is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 07:11 PM
  #141  
Newbie
 
akumadiavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 2007 Mazdaspeed3, 2015 Toyota Highlander
Originally Posted by evd View Post
Nevermind the free edits you would have gotten if you put headers or something on right and needed an update for that?
What would have happened in any fantasy situation is irrelevant. The fact is EC sold me something and is now refusing to provide it. I was sold a tune/tuner with updates for life, and now I don't get those updates, so I don't get what I already paid for.

Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
After all this whining and complaining, if I were EC I'd just pull the V6 tune altogether and tell everyone a big "**** off" and that the M156 platform is no longer supported. Bunch of cheapass crybaby ingrates here I'll tell ya....
That would be a better PR move than lying to all their customers and refusing to really explain themselves. You call it being a crybaby, I call it having a spine. Maybe you are fine with rolling over and taking it up the behind from EC charging you for something you already paid for(nothing is "free" the upgrades were in the original purchase price), I don't give free passes to liars like that.

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post
Exactly, that's why your opinion doesn't really matter on this issue. Pull your panties out your mouth (yes your mouth, because that's how far up your *** they are) and grab a beer and count to ten. This issue has already been addressed enough.
Cool, your opinion is equally as irrelevant. At least my head isn't so far up my *** I am willing to take it up the *** from a company that sells you something and refuses to provide it. You call me whiny, I call you weak and easy to roll over. To each their own. I just expect people to live up to their word, you don't seem to have that level of integrity or hold others to it.
akumadiavolo is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by akumadiavolo:
chrisridebike8 (11-16-2016), MTV10 (11-16-2016), SaphGreyC63 (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 07:22 PM
  #142  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
SaphGreyC63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,608
Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by evd View Post
Nevermind the free edits you would have gotten if you put headers or something on right and needed an update for that?
Well do you really know that? What if you put on headers, went to them to get your free re-tune (since they promised that when they sold it to you, the same way they promised me free upgrades for life), and they told you, here's your edit for the headers, that will be $75 edit fee. How would you feel about that?
SaphGreyC63 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 07:44 PM
  #143  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,628
Liked 318 Times in 236 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 View Post
Well do you really know that? What if you put on headers, went to them to get your free re-tune (since they promised that when they sold it to you, the same way they promised me free upgrades for life), and they told you, here's your edit for the headers, that will be $75 edit fee. How would you feel about that?
I remember free retunes to support future upgrades like headers was included too. They no longer do that either. My V5 header retune was $35 back in July and they gave me a "one time refund" of the retune fee. What a crock of ****. I'm interested in the e85 upgrades but I might as well go to MHP if I'm gonna get screwed. At least I know what to expect. (Also, I would NEVER go to MHP)
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 07:58 PM
  #144  
Super Member
 
MTV10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 969
Liked 52 Times in 43 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Well guys, back to V5 for me.
Even with the updated V6 file, lifting at 4500rpm today, the tach bounced around a few hundred rpm and the car bucked back and forth. That and I had two hard starts this week and what felt like misfires for the first 10 seconds after I drove away....

I also didn't like that my cold starts got less aggressive (I did not request cold start delete)
MTV10 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 08:02 PM
  #145  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Odd. I have had none of that.
604 C63 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 08:23 PM
  #146  
Newbie
 
akumadiavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 2007 Mazdaspeed3, 2015 Toyota Highlander
Honestly I am surprised how many people are willing to bend over and take it from EC by paying twice for something just because they like the company.

The bottom line is they had an agreement/deal with many many people that they are now refusing to honor purely because they don't want to anymore. That's not the way agreements work. When you make one, you lived up to it or compensate the other party for your failure to live up to what you said. That use to be an expectation that people lived up to their deals, when did companies ripping off people become what those people actually wanted?

EDIT: If this were a warranty company refusing to pay out for something covered people would be up in arms telling him to sue and fight it. But since it's EC ripping them off it's "yes sir, how much do I have the honor of paying you for what I already paid for?".
akumadiavolo is offline  
The following users liked this post: akumadiavolo
audriesQ (11-19-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 08:27 PM
  #147  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 478
Liked 111 Times in 77 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
For all the talk of other people taking it in the *** by Eurocharged, I don't see anyone doing anything passed *****ing on an anonymous car forum.
Ambystom01 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 09:23 PM
  #148  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
I guess its about what your original expectations were. I brought this issue up a couple weeks back, but have since piped down because of what my original expectations were. Let me explain why.

I bought over 4 years ago, on V3 (maybe even 2, not 100% sure) and I never thought that I would be here, 2 cars and 3 or 4 versions later, still getting updates. Plus, I never thought that I would see an update once this motor went out of production. So on both counts it feels like a bonus to me. Now, I don't think this is a good, ethical business move and I certainly don't think its in keeping with the original "lifetime" agreement. TBH, I find it disappointing. If they were a large corporation I would be truly incensed. But they're not, and Im not.

Why? COS I LIKE THEM. Yes, its true. Its called "prior goodwill". They have answered every email promptly, answered every question fully, and along the path of tuning 3 of my cars and 2 of my friends, I have enjoyed dealing with them. I can't say that for everyone I have ever bought car stuff from. It makes me sad that this tarnishes their image somewhat, but...the die is cast.

So. Given that the decision is made and they have staked this position my options are to skip this version, or pay $75. Well, I want it, and its stupid to bite off my nose to spite my face, so I pay it. Now that I have it, am I gonna be pissy about it? No, Im not. Why? Cos I choose not to. Why? Cos I LIKE THEM, I appreciate a quality product and service, and they are supporting a product which is no longer being made.

Here is the essence of why I am not getting 'cranky pants' about this:

They are still pushing out updates long after most companies would have stopped. We have no reasonable expectation that they would keep updating this. If they said they were stopping we would have collectively said "well, no duh".
But if they did stop, and after stopping had said "We can make a newer version, but only if we don't do freebies anymore, and we need to charge a nominal fee of $75 to cover expenses. What do you think guys, should we do it? Or should we skip it?". I reckon I would have said hell yeah, take my money, and a lot of others would have too.

They didn't ask. And that sucks. But I am CHOOSING to not get pissy over it. Why? Cos I am in the exact same place I would be if they handled it correctly. $75 down, with a v. 6 in my car. This is the first thing they have ever bobbled that I can see, and so I am choosing to cut them some slack, and choosing to buy the thing that I want rather than depriving myself "on principle". Thats like me being on a diet, and expecting the other guy to lose weight. This isn't going to be an ongoing situation. v. 6 is the last version, so get it or don't.
It comes after the production lifetime of the motor, and thats why Im ok with it.

And for the record, its friggin awesome. I did 2nd cat deletes today as well and Im having a blast.
Go ahead and be martyrs about this. Hope you enjoy your martyrdom as much as I enjoy this tune. Then we will all be happy.

Last edited by 604 C63; 11-16-2016 at 09:31 PM.
604 C63 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by 604 C63:
BLKROKT (11-17-2016), mcsvt (11-17-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 09:49 PM
  #149  
evd
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 55
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
09 C63 Estate
V6 Loaded, no burbles/pops till they figure that out

Cold start did sound different..felt like it went higher revs for the first 5-10 seconds
There is a little more pull top end too, and power delivery seems smoother up there as well.

Was only a quick blast around but I'm happy.
evd is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 10:07 PM
  #150  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
SaphGreyC63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,608
Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by 604 C63 View Post
I guess its about what your original expectations were. I brought this issue up a couple weeks back, but have since piped down because of what my original expectations were. Let me explain why.

I bought over 4 years ago, on V3 (maybe even 2, not 100% sure) and I never thought that I would be here, 2 cars and 3 or 4 versions later, still getting updates. Plus, I never thought that I would see an update once this motor went out of production. So on both counts it feels like a bonus to me. Now, I don't think this is a good, ethical business move and I certainly don't think its in keeping with the original "lifetime" agreement. TBH, I find it disappointing. If they were a large corporation I would be truly incensed. But they're not, and Im not.

Why? COS I LIKE THEM. Yes, its true. Its called "prior goodwill". They have answered every email promptly, answered every question fully, and along the path of tuning 3 of my cars and 2 of my friends, I have enjoyed dealing with them. I can't say that for everyone I have ever bought car stuff from. It makes me sad that this tarnishes their image somewhat, but...the die is cast.

So. Given that the decision is made and they have staked this position my options are to skip this version, or pay $75. Well, I want it, and its stupid to bite off my nose to spite my face, so I pay it. Now that I have it, am I gonna be pissy about it? No, Im not. Why? Cos I choose not to. Why? Cos I LIKE THEM, I appreciate a quality product and service, and they are supporting a product which is no longer being made.

Here is the essence of why I am not getting 'cranky pants' about this:

They are still pushing out updates long after most companies would have stopped. We have no reasonable expectation that they would keep updating this. If they said they were stopping we would have collectively said "well, no duh".
But if they did stop, and after stopping had said "We can make a newer version, but only if we don't do freebies anymore, and we need to charge a nominal fee of $75 to cover expenses. What do you think guys, should we do it? Or should we skip it?". I reckon I would have said hell yeah, take my money, and a lot of others would have too.

They didn't ask. And that sucks. But I am CHOOSING to not get pissy over it. Why? Cos I am in the exact same place I would be if they handled it correctly. $75 down, with a v. 6 in my car. This is the first thing they have ever bobbled that I can see, and so I am choosing to cut them some slack, and choosing to buy the thing that I want rather than depriving myself "on principle". Thats like me being on a diet, and expecting the other guy to lose weight. This isn't going to be an ongoing situation. v. 6 is the last version, so get it or don't.
It comes after the production lifetime of the motor, and thats why Im ok with it.

And for the record, its friggin awesome. I did 2nd cat deletes today as well and Im having a blast.
Go ahead and be martyrs about this. Hope you enjoy your martyrdom as much as I enjoy this tune. Then we will all be happy.
Thank you for that. My biggest issue so far is how so many of you were ok with being promised one thing and not getting it and actually willing to pay more. At least you explained why you are letting them slide but you are acknowledging that they messed up. Thats the key point that everyone has been missing. Whether you allow them leeway or not, the facts state that they promised one thing and decided to renege on that promise, yet so many people were jumping to their defense right away and basically calling out all the people who expected them to keep their word "cheapasses, whiners, etc" Whether you accept their line of reasoning or expect the product is up to you, i choose to hold them to their word.
SaphGreyC63 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: