Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
Considering a C63 but are the miles too high? >

Considering a C63 but are the miles too high?

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a C63 but are the miles too high?

 
Old 11-14-2016, 01:30 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 15
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 V6 - Performance Collection
Considering a C63 but are the miles too high?

Hey everyone! I'm new here and I'm currently in the market for my first AMG car, a C63.

The particular example I am looking at right now is a 2011 about to turn over 58k miles and they are asking $30k for it. Per the CarFax, it seems to have had all the recommended maintenance done at the recommended intervals since new at Mercedes dealerships.

My questions to you guys are..

1) How many miles do you have currently and how has your car held up over those miles?

2) Is this a good price, all things considered, for this example?

3) Should I look for a lower mile example or will this one hold up well over the next 2 years and 24k miles?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to joining the community!
dunndarryn is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 01:33 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 252
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Coupe
prepare yourself... the sharks are coming..
AhhMyyGawd is offline  
The following users liked this post: AhhMyyGawd
INS1GNIA (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 01:43 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: san jose
Posts: 1,789
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
no
tpliquid is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 01:57 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston - Clear Lake
Posts: 1,239
Liked 63 Times in 50 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Have you thought about trying the f'ing SEARCH function?
zcct04 is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 02:02 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 15
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 V6 - Performance Collection
Originally Posted by zcct04 View Post
Have you thought about trying the f'ing SEARCH function?
Hi 'zcct04',

I have and continue to use the search function. While it's yielded a ton of helpful information, the main goal behind my thread was to get the opinions of owners as to if they think 58k miles is too high of a buy-in point based off of their experiences.

This was not a general "CALL FOR MILEAGE" post.

I hope this clarifies.

Best,
D
dunndarryn is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 02:14 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,878
Liked 1,249 Times in 839 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
No
BLKROKT is online now  
Old 11-14-2016, 03:06 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
m a x i m u s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,063
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Mileage is fine. I have 70k+ on my 2009 with no major issues.
m a x i m u s is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 03:11 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,218
Liked 209 Times in 161 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT


1. If you searched, you would have had way too much info on this. How to search efficiently on MBWorld.org
2. Post the link to the car. No one is going to answer seriously based off of 2 or 3 things you listed.
3. More searching would answer this question. The C63 is built like a tank though.
4. Post pics of your Cadi
5. I liked your calm response, so some tips. Make your posts more detailed. List out links that you checked out and ask questions based off of the other information. We do not mind simple questions if they are laid out correctly, detailed and the person did their due diligence and researched. If you are unsure, post some pics.....we love pics....you think I am joking right now....but we really love them .
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 03:19 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 3,298
Liked 149 Times in 126 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
All info is out there on Mbworld. Good first questions, but just google all of this and you'll find more information than you care to read.
AMG3.2 is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 03:20 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 15
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 V6 - Performance Collection
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post


1. If you searched, you would have had way too much info on this. How to search efficiently on MBWorld.org
2. Post the link to the car. No one is going to answer seriously based off of 2 or 3 things you listed.
3. More searching would answer this question. The C63 is built like a tank though.
4. Post pics of your Cadi
5. I liked your calm response, so some tips. Make your posts more detailed. List out links that you checked out and ask questions based off of the other information. We do not mind simple questions if they are laid out correctly, detailed and the person did their due diligence and researched. If you are unsure, post some pics.....we love pics....you think I am joking right now....but we really love them .
'INSIGNIA',

I appreciate your detailed reply and I'll reply to each point..

1) I did do some fairly extensive searching over the course of about a week. I'm a bit of an over thinker so I concluded that I didn't have enough information to pull the trigger without posting. I promise I tried to get by without posting at all!

As a little background, out of the 7 or so cars I've purchased in the past 2 years they've all had under 20k miles and 2 of them were brand new. Going into a car with upwards of 50k miles is uncharted territory for me!

2) Here's the link.. http://www.floridaperformancecars.co...ff62bbc423b95/

3) I am beginning to find what you're saying is true, they're built like tanks.

4) Pictures of my Caddy are here.

5) I appreciate the input! Every forum operates a tad differently so it's good to know what everyone likes to see.. I don't want to be the guy to come in and sh*t the place up


dunndarryn is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 03:22 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,878
Liked 1,249 Times in 839 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
We like pictures.

The C looks mean. Black valve covers means that it's got the upgraded headbolts, you should be good to go.

Get it.

You just might make it around here....
BLKROKT is online now  
Old 11-14-2016, 04:01 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,218
Liked 209 Times in 161 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Originally Posted by dunndarryn View Post
'INSIGNIA',

I appreciate your detailed reply and I'll reply to each point..

1) I did do some fairly extensive searching over the course of about a week. I'm a bit of an over thinker so I concluded that I didn't have enough information to pull the trigger without posting. I promise I tried to get by without posting at all!

As a little background, out of the 7 or so cars I've purchased in the past 2 years they've all had under 20k miles and 2 of them were brand new. Going into a car with upwards of 50k miles is uncharted territory for me!

2) Here's the link.. http://www.floridaperformancecars.co...ff62bbc423b95/

3) I am beginning to find what you're saying is true, they're built like tanks.

4) Pictures of my Caddy are here.

5) I appreciate the input! Every forum operates a tad differently so it's good to know what everyone likes to see.. I don't want to be the guy to come in and sh*t the place up
The C63 looks pretty good. Just like BLKROKT said, with the headbolts already taken care of, you should be good to go.

No worries at all though, it's a great community here and you seem to be knowledgeable enough to catch on quick. Look forward to seeing you around .
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 04:41 PM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 172
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
1993 Competition Yellow Mica Mazda RX-7 and 2009 C63
I bought my 2009 20 months ago for just under that amount and with nearly identical mileage. A 2011 is a great bargain at this price, don't worry about the miles it should hold up. At least you don't have to worry about head bolts.

I'd find out if you can take it to a MB dealer for an inspection. It should run less than $200 and will tell you any service info MB has on the car.

To me the only downside is if you don't like the wheels or corner lights vs. OEM.

Good luck!
D3-AMG is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 04:46 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 3,298
Liked 149 Times in 126 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
We like pictures.

The C looks mean. Black valve covers means that it's got the upgraded headbolts, you should be good to go.

Get it.

You just might make it around here....
Why is that? Because they generally replace the valve covers when doing the job?
AMG3.2 is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 05:04 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,878
Liked 1,249 Times in 839 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by AMG3.2 View Post
Why is that? Because they generally replace the valve covers when doing the job?
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...lve-cover.html
BLKROKT is online now  
Old 11-15-2016, 09:34 PM
  #16  
Super Member
 
ENVē's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 779
Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
2012 CTSV Wagon 6MT
My 2012 P31 with 34k miles on it is for sale.
ENVē is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 11:48 PM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Not only are these cars very dependable in terms of their powertrain (other than the headbolts, natch), but they are simpler than other more expensive series so they just dont have as many electronic issues, suspension problems etc that you might find in E's and S's.

Great cars that will run and run and run and run. Especially if you bag on em. Seriously. They are meant to be driven hard, and if you do so you will be rewarded with a happy car with a long life.
604 C63 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 12:17 AM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 3,298
Liked 149 Times in 126 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Thanks
AMG3.2 is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 12:59 AM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Valvestud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX - Woodbury, MN
Posts: 1,835
Liked 161 Times in 157 Posts
2014 E63 AMGs, 2015 F-150 Lariat
Originally Posted by dunndarryn View Post
Hey everyone! I'm new here and I'm currently in the market for my first AMG car, a C63.

The particular example I am looking at right now is a 2011 about to turn over 58k miles and they are asking $30k for it. Per the CarFax, it seems to have had all the recommended maintenance done at the recommended intervals since new at Mercedes dealerships.

My questions to you guys are..

1) How many miles do you have currently and how has your car held up over those miles?

2) Is this a good price, all things considered, for this example?

3) Should I look for a lower mile example or will this one hold up well over the next 2 years and 24k miles?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to joining the community!
In case you're interested I've attached the datacard here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
C63.pdf (74.5 KB, 39 views)
Valvestud is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 09:49 AM
  #20  
Member
 
s.e.a.n.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 164
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
I saw that one for sale there other day. It looks to be well kept and tastefully modded.

I bought my 2009 C63 back in February with 56k currently has 64k since purchased I had to replace the head bolts and cam adjusters.
s.e.a.n. is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 03:33 PM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
beejAMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Down Unda
Posts: 3,132
Liked 118 Times in 111 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
OP, call it "baptism of fire". most here are very helpful and knowledgeable. like INS1GNIA, I admire your calmness. this thread could have gone south real quick.

Now with your queries, a lil under 60k is not so bad especially if its been looked after like you said, but keep looking, this cars are dime a dozen, if you can find a better deal with lower mileage, even better. and BLKROKT mentioned about the headbolts, thats a big plus.

take all the advices above and do more research before puling the trigger. these cars are mostly built to last but can also be a money pit. goodluck and post pics when you get a 63.

love the cadi mate.
beejAMG is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 06:20 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
m a x i m u s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,063
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
.
m a x i m u s is offline  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:50 PM
  #23  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 150
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
2013 C63 P31, V5 tune
Dude you should definitely get this one because according to @Valvestud's Vin decoder this has package 309 - cupholders and package HA - rear axle!
kickinrocks is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 09:30 AM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Celicasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,678
Liked 123 Times in 96 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
Black valve covers means that it's got the upgraded headbolts
Ahhh I didn't know that...thanks for sharing
Celicasaur is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 11:04 AM
  #25  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 605
Liked 33 Times in 23 Posts
2011 C63
Early 2011's had a head bolt issue. Go here to verify you have the redesigned head bolts.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...rly-2011s.html

I have a 2011 that I bought used with 20,000 miles and it now has 52,000, it's been a great car.
glennhl is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Considering a C63 but are the miles too high?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: