Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :) >

FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)

 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:52 AM
  #51  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by w204nyc View Post
Just checked gas buddy and spoke to my mechanic. He highly recommends it and he is able to do the install but all the gas stations are far from me. At least a 20 minute drive and in places I never pass. How long is this offer available for?
20 minutes isn't that bad - worth it for the #gainzzzz!! Remember you can run ANY mix, ANY time, so even if you just want it for the weekends - fill up with E and it's like getting an instant boost! We haven't even talked about the smell... Ethanol smells heavenly!

The launch pricing will we good for the first 15 sold - so I can't put a time on it - by I might guess for another week or two?
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 10:45 AM
  #52  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Johnnie58 View Post
Hi Mate Johnnie in the Land Down under I'm keen we have this fuel 2 mins from my House ! will this be good ...my car has evolve-technik ECU tune , I am getting DPE headers and then a custom tune. so i jsut wanted to confirm that if i tune the car on (e85) 107 (the V8 supercar fuel) and then run 98 if i am in regional areas i have no issues and that the ECU will adapt itself. thanks mate
Johnnie - That's exactly correct, what you described is exactly how we hope people will use the system

Thanks for the Question!
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 10:48 AM
  #53  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 View Post
I am in Lemoore, CA and am just happy they have a Chevron station with top tier gas. I don't know if we have any e85 in the area. I have to check. I'm not going to get a flex fuel system if we don't have any e85

Edit: nevermind. I see what this is. The nearest e85 station is over a half hour away from my house. Go get gas, drive home, and then have enough gas to make it to the gas station. Sucks for me I guess. I won't be getting this kit any time soon sadly
You can always buy drums or 5 gallon pails from VP and mix it yourself!

If you EVER run MS109/Import, making the switch to ethanol is a no-brainier... system will pay for itself within 10 pails of MS109 - Then you will literally be saving money by running race fuel from the pump!

Thanks
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 11:21 AM
  #54  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,628
Liked 318 Times in 236 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's View Post
You can always buy drums or 5 gallon pails from VP and mix it yourself!

If you EVER run MS109/Import, making the switch to ethanol is a no-brainier... system will pay for itself within 10 pails of MS109 - Then you will literally be saving money by running race fuel from the pump!

Thanks
As much as I'd like to have the extra power, e85 is not as prevelant in CA as it was in VA. And using my car for long freeway commutes means that range is more important than power most of the time. Now that i say that, GTRs and modded F8x M3/4s will be everywhere and beat up on me on the freeways. Haha. My car is already overkill with the 30 mph speed limits everywhere in my town.
chrisridebike8 is online now  
Old 01-27-2017, 11:58 AM
  #55  
Member
 
s.e.a.n.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 164
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's View Post
It is known that RAW aluminium does react with Ethanol, but only Ethanol with significant water content... keep in mind that your fuel tank system is a SEALED system... and your check engine light would be on with a leak anywhere as small as about .015" (a hole with about the thickness of a playing card). So if you are using tanks of fuel and not having it sit for months, you will not be giving the fuel an opportunity to absorb any water. if you keep opened containers of Ethanol lying around to fill up with, you may run into a corrosion issue. That being said, with today's materials being made Ethanol safe, and even the W204 vehicles that have been FULL FlexFuel, you be be confident that your fuel system will be OK. Now if you were going to let it sit for say, 3 or more months? I'd run the tank out, and fill it with some fresh 93/91 and fuel stabilizer.

Good question!
Thanks, that was one of my biggest concern. I ran E85 on my big turbo evo for years without an issue but this is a completely different platform. Will definitely consider this once I seen more results on other M156 cars.

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 View Post
As much as I'd like to have the extra power, e85 is not as prevelant in CA as it was in VA. And using my car for long freeway commutes means that range is more important than power most of the time. Now that i say that, GTRs and modded F8x M3/4s will be everywhere and beat up on me on the freeways. Haha. My car is already overkill with the 30 mph speed limits everywhere in my town.
Move to South Florida we have e85 gas stations all over, there is literally one 3 mins away from me. Some has even tested as high as E90

Last edited by s.e.a.n.; 01-27-2017 at 12:01 PM.
s.e.a.n. is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 12:35 PM
  #56  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 View Post
As much as I'd like to have the extra power, e85 is not as prevelant in CA as it was in VA. And using my car for long freeway commutes means that range is more important than power most of the time. Now that i say that, GTRs and modded F8x M3/4s will be everywhere and beat up on me on the freeways. Haha. My car is already overkill with the 30 mph speed limits everywhere in my town.

I hear that! I'm originally from CA as well, I lived closer to Sacramento/Folsom area... but I respect the pickle you're in.
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 12:38 PM
  #57  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. View Post
Thanks, that was one of my biggest concern. I ran E85 on my big turbo evo for years without an issue but this is a completely different platform. Will definitely consider this once I seen more results on other M156 cars.

I'm looking forward to the first round of systems to be installed. Not all the guys are online, but I will post results as I receive them, and I'm confident the folks on here who have pulled the trigger will have nice things to say



Move to South Florida we have e85 gas stations all over, there is literally one 3 mins away from me. Some has even tested as high as E90
That's AWESOME!
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 01:56 PM
  #58  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z View Post
How long until you release something for weistec stage 3 charged cars?
We are working on the design and manufacture of fuel system components for that application... the stock fuel line is only able to support at the most 600whp on ethanol (safely) so we are working on a drop on fuel lid solution for it!

Great question and thanks for asking!
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 03:12 PM
  #59  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,628
Liked 318 Times in 236 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. View Post
Move to South Florida we have e85 gas stations all over, there is literally one 3 mins away from me. Some has even tested as high as E90
I wish. Then it would be sunny and I could have all my guns. Sadly we don't have any F-18s in South Florida. So I am stuck for at least 2 more years until I can try and get back to VA
chrisridebike8 is online now  
Old 01-27-2017, 03:15 PM
  #60  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Kriston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,936
Liked 79 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG
Sucks that E85 is so hard to come by here in Toronto.
Kriston is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 04:37 PM
  #61  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 4
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
C63 Coupe 2015
Excellent work!
Looking forward to you next release - something to support >700rwhp.
INOV8N is offline  
The following users liked this post: INOV8N
DavesMeanE's (01-28-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 06:05 PM
  #62  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
Sucks that E85 is so hard to come by here in Toronto.
Get in touch with your local VP rep and get a group of guys together and buy in bulk!
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 06:18 PM
  #63  
Member
 
HTX C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 115
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2009 c63
Take my money!
HTX C63 is offline  
The following users liked this post: HTX C63
DavesMeanE's (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 07:00 PM
  #64  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,532
Liked 616 Times in 406 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I believe the TB plates in our IM are aluminum. Will E85 vapours corrode them?

Couple examples, potentially isolated incidents, but I'm concerned it may have been due to using high ethanol content fuel.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ttle-body.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-urgently.html
Jasonoff is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 07:52 PM
  #65  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by HTX C63 View Post
Take my money!
Call me at the shop!! I'll send one out tomorrow

512-777-2799
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 07:55 PM
  #66  
Member
 
Vpatriota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Brazil
Posts: 239
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
.
This. Is. F. Great.

In Brazil we have cheap cheap cheap ethanol. Every corner. Not sure our mix is the E85 thought.. I know people from Chevy and Ford been doing this for a while now. There's a pal here that owns a '12 Shelby GT500 heavily modded and he runs on Ethanol...

Thinking you'd get over 500whp with bone stock and lightly modded is indeed a very interesting option. Sub'd. Wanna see what's the fuzz all about.
Vpatriota is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 07:55 PM
  #67  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 945
Likes: 0
Liked 73 Times in 58 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Jasonoff View Post
I believe the TB plates in our IM are aluminum. Will E85 vapours corrode them?

Couple examples, potentially isolated incidents, but I'm concerned it may have been due to using high ethanol content fuel.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ttle-body.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-urgently.html
why do you think that? Didn't see anything in those post alluding to that
AMGonFire is offline  
The following users liked this post: AMGonFire
DavesMeanE's (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 08:15 PM
  #68  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Jasonoff View Post
I believe the TB plates in our IM are aluminum. Will E85 vapours corrode them?

Couple examples, potentially isolated incidents, but I'm concerned it may have been due to using high ethanol content fuel.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ttle-body.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-urgently.html
Lots of aluminum exists in these engines, and for being a tech for over 12 years in dealerships at the Master Level, and a Team Leader/Diagnostic Lead, I can tell you that M156 intake manifold failures, true failures are very few and far between... during my time - most, were due to the wiring harness causing abrasion, as you can see clearly in the photo... the channel that is damaged is where the wiring harness is routed. Ethanol has absolutely nothing to do with it. Please don't post recklessly without any backing... E85 Vapors will NOT corrode them

Please see the picture from a internal document (one of many that I have), which shows the issue from MB Engineering and TAC.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)-unmetered-air.bmp  
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 08:16 PM
  #69  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Vpatriota View Post
This. Is. F. Great.

In Brazil we have cheap cheap cheap ethanol. Every corner. Not sure our mix is the E85 thought.. I know people from Chevy and Ford been doing this for a while now. There's a pal here that owns a '12 Shelby GT500 heavily modded and he runs on Ethanol...

Thinking you'd get over 500whp with bone stock and lightly modded is indeed a very interesting option. Sub'd. Wanna see what's the fuzz all about.

You need it! Brazil is the PERFECT place!!!
DavesMeanE's is offline  
The following users liked this post: DavesMeanE's
Vpatriota (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 08:35 PM
  #70  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,062
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's View Post
We are working on the design and manufacture of fuel system components for that application... the stock fuel line is only able to support at the most 600whp on ethanol (safely) so we are working on a drop on fuel lid solution for it!

Great question and thanks for asking!
I have modified fuel lines (dual 1/2inch) and 2 X walbro 460lph Intank pumps. Fuel rail has also been modified. Once the system is compatible for s3 weistec cars please let us know. Thank you.
RNS-11Z is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 08:35 PM
  #71  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,532
Liked 616 Times in 406 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGonFire View Post
why do you think that? Didn't see anything in those post alluding to that
Nothing really came of the reported incidents and anything I've seen looked like corrosion so I was curious. How would an aluminum plate, that's pretty much protected from the elements, corrode? Since ethanol vapours and aluminum don't mix it was just a thought.

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's View Post
Lots of aluminum exists in these engines, and for being a tech for over 12 years in dealerships at the Master Level, and a Team Leader/Diagnostic Lead, I can tell you that M156 intake manifold failures, true failures are very few and far between... during my time - most, were due to the wiring harness causing abrasion, as you can see clearly in the photo... the channel that is damaged is where the wiring harness is routed. Ethanol has absolutely nothing to do with it. Please don't post recklessly without any backing... E85 Vapors will NOT corrode them

Please see the picture from a internal document (one of many that I have), which shows the issue from MB Engineering and TAC.

Thanks
Thanks for the info.

It was just a simple question based on observation of pictures I've seen, not a "reckless" post. If those isolated incidents were caused by a poor design (headbolts cough cough) then I wouldn't be surprised.

With that out of the way. Would you recommend this being something to check as a preventative maintenance measure?
Jasonoff is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 09:03 PM
  #72  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z View Post
I have modified fuel lines (dual 1/2inch) and 2 X walbro 460lph Intank pumps. Fuel rail has also been modified. Once the system is compatible for s3 weistec cars please let us know. Thank you.
We'll shoot! You're ready to go then - what injectors do you have in the car? Shot you a PM with my #, I wanna chat a little more about the car.
DavesMeanE's is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 09:22 PM
  #73  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,062
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's View Post
We'll shoot! You're ready to go then - what injectors do you have in the car? Shot you a PM with my #, I wanna chat a little more about the car.
Pm sent
RNS-11Z is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 12:03 AM
  #74  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: hong kong
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
c63 507
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's View Post
I'll just say for the first 15 systems sold

FedEx man came by today and picked up 3 already this morning, and sent one to Hong Kong as well... so if that gives you any idea

Thanks!
seems that my kit's on the way

let's see what would happen to my car.
kevinlovepoyan is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:53 AM
  #75  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by kevinlovepoyan View Post
seems that my kit's on the way

let's see what would happen to my car.

Yes sir!! You'll have it shortly!
DavesMeanE's is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: