Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :) >

FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)

 
Old 02-09-2017, 08:40 AM
  #151  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
Yeah, silly me for thinking that the best way to cool oil and coolant is with better..... coolers. I must be old school.

Ethanol is NOT a replacement for better coolers. There are certain benefits for sure, and the power bump is nice (not enough power isn't my most pressing issue), but that statement is just flat out wrong.

$8/gal at the track and I usually go through ~40gal on a weekend. Beats towing a trailer with 80gal of E85.
Better way to do it is to CREATE LESS heat to begin with. The combustion even for Ethanol/E85 creates about 300 degrees LESS heat that 91/93/Race Fuel. That means that your cylinder temps are lower = less heat your pistons, heads, cylinder walls see = less heat your cooling system needs to even deal with in the first place = ZERO need for 44o cooling. AND more power than race gas @ under $2 a gallon. I can 100% see if you don't have it locally available.

We don't need to get ugly over it, but 44o just seems like more of a band aid than a proper solution.

Thanks

Dave
DavesMeanE's is online now  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:03 AM
  #152  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Celicasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,678
Liked 123 Times in 96 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's View Post
I see you're from the UK - what's the Ethanol/E85 availability situation over there? But honestly... It's like this - if any of y'all run race gas... MS109, VP Import, etc... you're spending boatloads on the precious 5 gallon pails of it... Ethanol is far cheaper, with all the benefits and MORE!

Cheers!
Was just reading the thread again to catch any points I'd missed and seen your post.

E85 here is pretty much non-existent. But that being said, I can have 120 litres delivered to me for 120GBP....my fuel tank is 59l (let's say 60l for this example). At a ratio of 50/50 (is the 25whp gain claim based on a 50:50 mix, or is it the max 80:20?), I'll be using around 30l of E85 per tank, which gives me 4 tank fulls...which will probably last me 2 months (I haven't taken into account the higher fuel consumption though). On the basis that 98 RON fuel is around 1.30GBP here, as long as the fuel consumption is only around 10% worse off, it wont really be costing any different to normal (assuming my math is correct...which it usually isn't). 20% worse fuel consumption....probably still wouldn't bother me much, on the basis that the power will be a lot stronger all over the powerband.

So yeah...question for you Dave is...by running a 50:50 mixture, can the ~25whp increase be seen? Also does the 25whp gain apply for just running E85 on the existing tune of the car? For the sake of streetability, I think I'd prefer not to have to worry about switching maps around for daily driving n stuff.

If both of these points can be satisfied, I think I'll be ordering in the next couple of months. Just a shame that the exchange rate and import taxes are going to hurt me a lot when i buy
Celicasaur is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:34 AM
  #153  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Celicasaur View Post
Was just reading the thread again to catch any points I'd missed and seen your post.

E85 here is pretty much non-existent. But that being said, I can have 120 litres delivered to me for 120GBP....my fuel tank is 59l (let's say 60l for this example). At a ratio of 50/50 (is the 25whp gain claim based on a 50:50 mix, or is it the max 80:20?), I'll be using around 30l of E85 per tank, which gives me 4 tank fulls...which will probably last me 2 months (I haven't taken into account the higher fuel consumption though). On the basis that 98 RON fuel is around 1.30GBP here, as long as the fuel consumption is only around 10% worse off, it wont really be costing any different to normal (assuming my math is correct...which it usually isn't). 20% worse fuel consumption....probably still wouldn't bother me much, on the basis that the power will be a lot stronger all over the powerband.

So yeah...question for you Dave is...by running a 50:50 mixture, can the ~25whp increase be seen? Also does the 25whp gain apply for just running E85 on the existing tune of the car? For the sake of streetability, I think I'd prefer not to have to worry about switching maps around for daily driving n stuff.

If both of these points can be satisfied, I think I'll be ordering in the next couple of months. Just a shame that the exchange rate and import taxes are going to hurt me a lot when i buy
The question of ratio can be a tough one, because actual % can vary (unless you can get a guaranteed % at the price you stated). You want between 70-80% for max power on the NA M156. so you'll have to do some more math to figure out the exact mix that will get you there based on the fuel you have available.

You will still make more power, no matter what, in fact, just by plugging the system into a car running 91/93... we have seen modest 4-5whp gains by the system compensating for the 10-15% ethanol that's already in the the fuel. Not just one one car, but every car we have tested. M156's, M113k's, Hellcats, Corvette Zo6, BMW M3's (both supercharged and N/A), etc...

Just more and more power on up as you cut in more %

And yes to you other question, advertised power is based on your CURRENT tune, with more being available with the "HotMap"

Thanks!

Dave
DavesMeanE's is online now  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:45 AM
  #154  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,874
Liked 1,245 Times in 838 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's View Post
We don't need to get ugly over it, but 44o just seems like more of a band aid than a proper solution.
I know this is your thread Dave, and I wish you the best of luck with this kit - it's certainly good for some people and as a happy EC customer I want you guys to do well.

But what you said here is a total joke, and makes it look like either a) you have no idea what you're talking about, or b) you're just desperate to sell more of these kits by throwing out total falsehoods and wild claims hoping that something sticks.

No person who actually knows these cars can say with a straight face that the 44O kit is a "band aid". Maybe you're confused what I'm talking about.
BLKROKT is online now  
Old 02-09-2017, 10:07 AM
  #155  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
I know this is your thread Dave, and I wish you the best of luck with this kit - it's certainly good for some people and as a happy EC customer I want you guys to do well.

But what you said here is a total joke, and makes it look like either a) you have no idea what you're talking about, or b) you're just desperate to sell more of these kits by throwing out total falsehoods and wild claims hoping that something sticks.

No person who actually knows these cars can say with a straight face that the 44O kit is a "band aid". Maybe you're confused what I'm talking about.

Here's what I mean by "band-aid". MB - "Oops, our cars go into limp after a couple hard laps on the track on the vehicle that is our most *track ready* offering"

You just can't drive them hard for long, on warm days without having cooling issues. All I'm saying. MB fix - sell more coolers. Car should have come with them from the start.

Been an MB diag tech/team leader for over a decade before opening my shop, and have vast experience on the M156, M113, M157, and pretty much everything else MB has to offer. I have foreman notes for every conference call since 2003. I have a 59' 190SL in the shop right now, and just a week ago I had an SLS. Tomorrow I will have an UGR 1,600whp Gallrado here. I'm not tooting my own horn. Just showing my credentials. I know some things...

Thanks

Dave
DavesMeanE's is online now  
The following 2 users liked this post by DavesMeanE's:
Karaya Eins (12-24-2017), Southways (04-14-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 10:22 AM
  #156  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,654
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
yes I figured the ECU would target fuel trims to compensate for the injectors but my main concern with people without a specific tune would run dangerously lean up top end when using e85.

right now I'm seeing 13.2 up top and I don't want to go any leaner.even with bigger injectors won't the car lean out on e85 with the map demanding more fuel?

I'm at 442whp on 93 map and have not tested 104 map as it's winter up here and the car is stored.
skratch77 is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 12:38 PM
  #157  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
yes I figured the ECU would target fuel trims to compensate for the injectors but my main concern with people without a specific tune would run dangerously lean up top end when using e85.

right now I'm seeing 13.2 up top and I don't want to go any leaner.even with bigger injectors won't the car lean out on e85 with the map demanding more fuel?

I'm at 442whp on 93 map and have not tested 104 map as it's winter up here and the car is stored.
The system targets your commanded AFR (based on commanded PW) if you have enough pump and injector - you won't run any leaner than what's commanded in your 93 tune.

Can be hard to explain in print, but if you call Adam, he will tell you more than you care to know - HAHA

512-777-2799

Thanks

Dave
DavesMeanE's is online now  
Old 02-09-2017, 02:10 PM
  #158  
Member
 
CaptnCharisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 208
Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
2010 C63 AMG Development Package
Another little update. Finally had a somewhat dry day here. On my way to work when I decided to get on it. With brand new rubber the car spun its tires shifting into 3rd and I had even put the throttle down all the way. It's never done that before so I was a little shocked. I've been getting decent gas mileage too out of it. My last fill up was saturday and I'm still above a 1/4 tank and the car is my daily driver. This has certainly been my favorite mod to the car yet.
CaptnCharisma is offline  
The following users liked this post: CaptnCharisma
DavesMeanE's (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 03:03 PM
  #159  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by CaptnCharisma View Post
Another little update. Finally had a somewhat dry day here. On my way to work when I decided to get on it. With brand new rubber the car spun its tires shifting into 3rd and I had even put the throttle down all the way. It's never done that before so I was a little shocked. I've been getting decent gas mileage too out of it. My last fill up was saturday and I'm still above a 1/4 tank and the car is my daily driver. This has certainly been my favorite mod to the car yet.
AWESOME to hear!

Please keep us posted


Thanks!

Dave
DavesMeanE's is online now  
Old 02-09-2017, 03:57 PM
  #160  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by CaptnCharisma View Post
Another little update. Finally had a somewhat dry day here. On my way to work when I decided to get on it. With brand new rubber the car spun its tires shifting into 3rd and I had even put the throttle down all the way. It's never done that before so I was a little shocked. I've been getting decent gas mileage too out of it. My last fill up was saturday and I'm still above a 1/4 tank and the car is my daily driver. This has certainly been my favorite mod to the car yet.
Ordered mine too. Cant wait to get it. Had a snow storm here but by the time it arrives and the roads clear, i should be good to go
w204nyc is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM
  #161  
Member
 
s.e.a.n.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 164
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
I know this is your thread Dave, and I wish you the best of luck with this kit - it's certainly good for some people and as a happy EC customer I want you guys to do well.

But what you said here is a total joke, and makes it look like either a) you have no idea what you're talking about, or b) you're just desperate to sell more of these kits by throwing out total falsehoods and wild claims hoping that something sticks.

No person who actually knows these cars can say with a straight face that the 44O kit is a "band aid". Maybe you're confused what I'm talking about.
Just an example I ran e85 on my evolution ix for years, I decided to remove the oil cooler once my built motor went in and the ambient temps where much lower then when the car had an oil cooler.
s.e.a.n. is offline  
Old 02-10-2017, 01:19 AM
  #162  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Update on the E55 platform!

We have been building a sort of "Frankenstein" E55 around here, and we just had it on the dyno today. Naturally, as we are Eurocharged ATX, Jerry handled the tuning on this monster of a car!

It presented with very good numbers, but it's got more to give

these runs on 68%, moving up to 85% or so tomorrow

Thanks

Dave
Attached Thumbnails FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)-638.jpg   FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)-643.jpg  
DavesMeanE's is online now  
Old 02-10-2017, 07:46 PM
  #163  
Member
 
s.e.a.n.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 164
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
Mods on the E55?
s.e.a.n. is offline  
Old 02-12-2017, 03:19 PM
  #164  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. View Post
Mods on the E55?
The basics:

178mm Crank Pulley
77mm S/C Pulley
650cc Injectors
(2) Walbro 450's
ARH Longtubes
90mm TB


Thanks!
Dave
DavesMeanE's is online now  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:29 PM
  #165  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Picked my car up today and initial start up was fine. Every start up since has been normal. Rough idle after start up just once but no check engine light.

Initial thoughts....it's different. Haven't had time to use E85 but I will tomorrow. Full tank of it. But without it, surprisingly the car shifts better lol. Sounds different inside the cabin in a good way. Idling is calmer and quieter if that makes any sense.

Tomorrow I am filling up with full tank of E85, I will report how she feels. Probably wont dyno because number never meant sh*t to me.
w204nyc is offline  
The following users liked this post: w204nyc
DavesMeanE's (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 09:19 PM
  #166  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BerBer63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,256
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by w204nyc View Post
Picked my car up today and initial start up was fine. Every start up since has been normal. Rough idle after start up just once but no check engine light.

Initial thoughts....it's different. Haven't had time to use E85 but I will tomorrow. Full tank of it. But without it, surprisingly the car shifts better lol. Sounds different inside the cabin in a good way. Idling is calmer and quieter if that makes any sense.

Tomorrow I am filling up with full tank of E85, I will report how she feels. Probably wont dyno because number never meant sh*t to me.
Dyno it
BerBer63 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 09:38 PM
  #167  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by BerBer63 View Post
Dyno it
I'll see if I have time. Filled up today with 3/4 E85 and 1/4 93 octane. Car feels great. You can deff feel the extra power. I'll try and do a dyno.
w204nyc is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 09:55 PM
  #168  
Senior Member
 
faz492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 425
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
e63 amg w212 6.3
Originally Posted by w204nyc View Post
Picked my car up today and initial start up was fine. Every start up since has been normal. Rough idle after start up just once but no check engine light.

Initial thoughts....it's different. Haven't had time to use E85 but I will tomorrow. Full tank of it. But without it, surprisingly the car shifts better lol. Sounds different inside the cabin in a good way. Idling is calmer and quieter if that makes any sense.

Tomorrow I am filling up with full tank of E85, I will report how she feels. Probably wont dyno because number never meant sh*t to me.
When you get an e85 kit, don't you have to tune the car specifically for it?
faz492 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 10:01 PM
  #169  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,628
Liked 318 Times in 236 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by faz492 View Post
When you get an e85 kit, don't you have to tune the car specifically for it?
Have you not read any of this thread? The flex fuel sensor compensates for it.
chrisridebike8 is online now  
Old 02-17-2017, 10:11 PM
  #170  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by faz492 View Post
When you get an e85 kit, don't you have to tune the car specifically for it?
No you dont have to. You can if you want but Im still on an OE tune with the kit.
w204nyc is offline  
The following users liked this post: w204nyc
DavesMeanE's (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 11:11 AM
  #171  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by faz492 View Post
When you get an e85 kit, don't you have to tune the car specifically for it?

You don't, not with this system

you can call the shop if you have any questions - Thanks!

512-777-2799


Dave
DavesMeanE's is online now  
Old 02-18-2017, 03:13 PM
  #172  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Cla45
Nitrous

What about nitrous combined with your e85 kit?
paganing is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 03:39 PM
  #173  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DavesMeanE's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 322
Liked 64 Times in 49 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by paganing View Post
What about nitrous combined with your e85 kit?
We have not tested a car with nitrous, but as long as you have enough fuel for it - there is no reason why it wouldn't perform well.

Thanks!

Dave
DavesMeanE's is online now  
Old 03-06-2017, 01:51 PM
  #174  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
I'm located in NYC as well and I am also going to bergen imports to install the e85 kit...How do you like the kit?
prblm_63 is offline  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:50 PM
  #175  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by prblm_63 View Post
I'm located in NYC as well and I am also going to bergen imports to install the e85 kit...How do you like the kit?
love it man. Car seem to love it too. I switch back and forth between E85 and 93 and no issues.
w204nyc is offline  
The following users liked this post: w204nyc
prblm_63 (03-07-2017)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: