500WHP C63 Edition 507 DYNO'ed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Schulminator
Both runs when "uncorrected" are at 497 & 498.
That's exactly what I told Dave your car is at in pm. You have an amazing car but it's alot more modify than the op .

I had the renntech box on my car and they told me it was good for 10whp but it's sold before I could test it out and you have a lightweight carbon drive shaft that gets more power to the wheels.

From memory do you also have a crank pulley on the car?
Old 06-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
Wow. Have you ever taken a professional customer service course? This is not how pro business people speak to their customers.

If this is the introduction of a new better tune, it has been kind of poorly managed.

Jim G
Power sells itself, not sure what else there is to say. If it's not for you, then you can go elsewhere, we don't work hard to appease clowns, haters, and the like.

Everyone wants to be respected, and we're all just human beings. To essentially say we are "lying", "fudging", or promoting false gains is very disrespectful. If you come here, and are disrespectful to me of my employees - I will tell you good luck and please leave. Clients like that aren't worth any amount of money.

I made offers to over a dozen people to try out the new tune FOR FREE. Only a few took me up on it, and all who did made power over whatever their current tune made. Before you ask - I know it works, they saw it work and have no interest in being part of this circus. The 5-10 people here that are the loudest, and the skeptics, will just be slower - and that is fine with me. The HUNDREDS who will take advantage of the new tune will be happier.

Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-28-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
Thanks Skratch
No pulley, I do have a Remus system...not if if that adds anything..but it sure sounds good.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Anyone having a shoe for lunch today

Thanks!

Dave

This unicorn is as real as it gets.
I actually lol'd

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
For someone who represents a vendor, maybe you should conduct yourself in a more professional manor?
To be fair as he does represent a vendor he is also human and I don't see anything wrong with making a tasteful (no pun intended) joke. The amount of doubting and bashing EC what do you expect?

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I'm all out of sneakers Dave, sorry. I'm right a lot, but also wrong a lot. It comes with the territory.

But would love to hear details about how you've supposedly pulled free hp out of a hat. That's usually what businesses do when they're trying to sell something that seems too-good-to-be-true. You know, be upfront and forthright - exactly what hasn't been done here which is why the thread has turned into a total ****show. That used to be one of the things I respected most about EC...
So you're saying our unicorns are real? How's that possible when kriston said no?

What did I say about he who laughs last?
Old 06-28-2017, 04:02 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Infiniti
so cause this guy says this, it squashes everyone else LOL

the **** it does LOL

as i said it will all come to light soon.

Kriston has the same car, and he got the same tune as you, and ran it on the same dyno. Yet he says he didn't get any gains over V6.
So unless you have added something extra, like the flex fuel kit, I don't see where the extra power comes from.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
So you're saying our unicorns are real? How's that possible when kriston said no?

What did I say about he who laughs last?
No, I said nothing of the sort. Re-read or ask a friend to translate.

If EC has found what is the equivalent of an extra tune's worth of whp - so it's essentially a 2x tune - then they should say so officially, how they did it so potential customers know what they're getting, and stop jerking everyone around.

I don't see "Sponsor" under DavesMeanE's handle, so I don't know with what authority he's even speaking about any of this.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Thanks Skratch
No pulley, I do have a Remus system...not if if that adds anything..but it sure sounds good.
Can we get a full list of what it took to get that power.do you have renntech throttle bodies ? I would try those next if not!

People need to understand you have a lot more invested in your car over the op claiming the same numbers.

Renntech air box
Lightweight driveshaft
Remus back end exhaust

I think we can all agree those mods should make 15-20whp over the ops car for that extra 6 grand invested lol

Last edited by skratch77; 06-28-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 83 Likes on 49 Posts
2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
Originally Posted by skratch77
Can we get a full list of what it took to get that power.do you have renntech throttle bodies ? I would try those next if not!

People need to understand you have a lot more invested in your car over the op claiming the same numbers.

Renntech air box
Lightweight driveshaft
Remus back end exhaust

I think we can all agree those mods should make 15-20whp over the ops car for that extra 6 grand invested lol
Just a clarification: It takes power to overcome inertia in the driveline, BEFORE you actually get any net resulting acceleration. The lightweight carbon fiber driveshaft does not make any extra power, BUT what t does do is dramatically lower the amount of power diverted to spinning up the driveshaft under acceleration (Only! NO change in "steady state" power). On an inertia type dyno, that makes the net calculated power reading higher. The Dynojet is normally operated as an inertia dyno, despite there being a "steady state" kit available (steady engine speed versus accelerating).

So, a carbon fiber driveshaft does show up as "added power" because the inertia dyno does not know or care whether the "extra" power was made by increasing engine power or by reducing the amount of power diverted to overcoming driveshaft inertia.

On the dragstrip, the extra undiverted power DOES show up of course in a slightly reduced time slip, so the claim should really be "slightly better acceleration" versus "slightly more power".

Purists can argue about this one all day of course. But if you reduce the inertia of a BUNCH of parts (e.g. driveshaft, wheels, crankshaft) in a car, you start talking multiple 10ths of a second in a 1/4 mile run.

Jim G
Old 06-28-2017, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by skratch77

Renntech air box
Lightweight driveshaft
Remus back end exhaust

He also has headers IIRC
Old 06-28-2017, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
To be fair as he does represent a vendor he is also human and I don't see anything wrong with making a tasteful (no pun intended) joke. The amount of doubting and bashing EC what do you expect?
Granted, only human and I agree, but I'd expect him to remain professional.

Wouldn't have pointed it out if it was just this thread. Oh well what can ya do...
Old 06-28-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
No, I said nothing of the sort. Re-read or ask a friend to translate.

If EC has found what is the equivalent of an extra tune's worth of whp - so it's essentially a 2x tune - then they should say so officially, how they did it so potential customers know what they're getting, and stop jerking everyone around.

I don't see "Sponsor" under DavesMeanE's handle, so I don't know with what authority he's even speaking about any of this.
I agree. I am in the market for a tune and would like to see something official of this unicorn tune offering. I have no dog in the fight and am definitely interested if this does turn out to be a legit thing. It does get quite old when individuals are saying the proof is coming, etc over and over. Just keep quiet until you have the evidence in hand otherwise things spiral out of control like this thread. Upsetting that the OP backed out of doing the additional dyno run he proactively suggested himself lol.

Dave is affiliated with Eurocharged Austin which is franchise location if I recall correctly. It is not the same thing as Eurocharged Houston (headquarters) where Jerry is based. Same thing for the guys up in Canada.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:14 PM

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
I had very similar results to Kriston with the V7 beta tune file. The V6 file I had actually made about 5-7 more HP and around 8ft/lbs. It was the last and file tune I received from Jerry that made a big improvement over the V6 tune.

This thread has really opened my eyes. I've only had my 63 for almost 2 yrs now. We has MB members probably have more in common with each other than not. We are obliviously fans of the same car/manufacturer, all somewhat gear-heads, and love to share our experiences. I was on these forums for over a year prior to purchase and learned a lot from the original ground-breakers with the M156 (most of them are gone). Kris, Roswell, BLKROKT, Purpleheart, and some others have shared great experiences with performance, wheels, maintenance, and drag/road racing which is awesome.

That being said my 63 made the power it made on X day on X dyno with X conditions with a full tank of "Boostane"... Once the weather cools here I'll get out to the strip with some Hoosier's and see what she does, I pull a buddies gt350 that made 507whp by about 1.5 car from 70-130.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by Schulminator; 06-28-2017 at 07:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Infiniti (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, that comment wasn't fair to Dave. My bad.

Only speaking for myself, I just want to know how this has been done, because the claimed results are hard to believe. You're right Dave - why would Eurocharged stake their reputation over something like this. It hasn't been totally fair to **** on it like this, but the way it's been informally rolled out sucked. Whatever you're doing - whether the gains are as much as claimed or not - should be supported since you keep trying to push the envelope at least.

Whether this means you're a marketing ninja or not, you've got us all listening here. Why won't someone tell us what's going on?
Old 06-29-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
$0.2

If a business has something new, they advertise it, put it on their website, roll it out as a product.

What a business doesn't do it have someone who used their product start posting unsubstantiated claims about the end results of that product with no proof and no one "official" from the company coming out in support.

To me, at least, it seems pretty clear this is all bull**** and a high reading dyno, at best. At worst, it's deception.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Yeah, that comment wasn't fair to Dave. My bad.

Only speaking for myself, I just want to know how this has been done, because the claimed results are hard to believe. You're right Dave - why would Eurocharged stake their reputation over something like this. It hasn't been totally fair to **** on it like this, but the way it's been informally rolled out sucked. Whatever you're doing - whether the gains are as much as claimed or not - should be supported since you keep trying to push the envelope at least.

Whether this means you're a marketing ninja or not, you've got us all listening here. Why won't someone tell us what's going on?
Here's the struggle... We have it, we know it works... several of our "less temperamental" clients have it, and can see that it works.

I propose a name change. Let's call it a BETA... and just like most Betas, it's getting tested, logging many miles, and returning us very valuable feedback.

So far since we started putting it on cars, we have made exactly $0.

Clients get excited, and they should - everybody else just shats on them.

Just stick it out. As always, we want to be sure something we bring to market is high quality and delivers results.

Thanks to those patient, even keel'd few

Dave
Old 06-29-2017, 06:24 PM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Here's the struggle... We have it, we know it works... several of our "less temperamental" clients have it, and can see that it works.

I propose a name change. Let's call it a BETA... and just like most Betas, it's getting tested, logging many miles, and returning us very valuable feedback.

So far since we started putting it on cars, we have made exactly $0.

Clients get excited, and they should - everybody else just shats on them.

Just stick it out. As always, we want to be sure something we bring to market is high quality and delivers results.

Thanks to those patient, even keel'd few

Dave
Hey Dave, don't criticize peop[le who PROPERLY pointed out that this tune rollout HAS been crappy. Really crappy. Big bragging claims, repeated promises of complete and reliable data sets never actually delivered, etc. It's been a total mess.

Jim G
Old 06-29-2017, 06:41 PM

Received 228 Likes on 152 Posts
So here are my runs at Real Street Perf in Orlando. Car previously made 478whp at EC Orlando, since then I've added CF driveshaft, renntech CF airboxes & filters, and full tune up.
Thanks for posting these up. What were the other mods on the car for these runs? If headers, what kind?

Am assuming DSS CF driveshaft? Get a chance to dyno before/after just this upgrade? I wouldn't think ~1 pound of difference between CF and OE steel driveshafts would matter on a Dyno, especially considering margins for error, but I dunno. . .
Old 06-29-2017, 07:04 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
E63S AMG
I was trying to avoid chiming in here, but anyways I am going to share my story. My hope here is that I don't get flamed by my fellow members, because it simply is not necessary. Also, I will NOT get into any arguments over this post.

My car is one of the cars that was custom tuned by Jerry and Phil from EC when they came up to Minneapolis. Tiff posted about it in here already (post #121).

Well, the result of the dyno tuning session with Eurocharged was 499whp & 443wtq on a DynoJet at MAPerformance in Cottage Grove, MN (graph is below). The temp was a cool 60-65 degrees that day, so the conditions were optimal. My mods are in my signature for anyone that is wondering. One thing I will say is this... When the dyno session was over, Phil (from EC) said that my car is a factory freak and he figured I would shake out around 485whp or so, but every once in a while they see a car that puts out slightly higher numbers than expected.

I've also pulled on some cars recently that you would not expect, such as a tune/exhaust V10 M5 and a Hellcat. But who knows, they might have just been $h!tty drivers, right?

Anyways, there you have it. Again, I refuse to get into any arguments about this because it simply is not worth my time, but if you have any questions that I failed to answer here, let me know and I'll try to answer them best I can.

Jerry, me, Phil, and my two buddies

Last edited by kjkidd21; 06-29-2017 at 07:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Schulminator (06-29-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 07:19 PM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
Originally Posted by kjkidd21
I was trying to avoid chiming in here, but anyways I am going to share my story. My hope here is that I don't get flamed by my fellow members, because it simply is not necessary. Also, I will NOT get into any arguments over this post.

My car is one of the cars that was custom tuned by Jerry and Phil from EC when they came up to Minneapolis. Tiff posted about it somewhere in here (somewhere around page 2-4 maybe), but I don't feel like going back and looking for it.

Well, the result of the dyno tuning session with Eurocharged was 499whp & 443wtq on a DynoJet at MAPerformance in Cottage Grove, MN (graph is below). The temp was a cool 60-65 degrees that day, so the conditions were optimal. My mods are in my signature for anyone that is wondering. One thing I will say is this... When the dyno session was over, Phil (from EC) said that my car is a factory freak and he figured I would shake out around 485whp or so, but every once in a while they see a car that puts out slightly higher numbers than expected.

I've also pulled on some cars recently that you would not expect, such as a tune/exhaust V10 M5 and a Hellcat. But who knows, they might have just been $h!tty drivers, right?

Anyways, there you have it. Again, I refuse to get into any arguments about this because it simply is not worth my time, but if you have any questions that I failed to answer here, let me know and I'll try to answer them best I can.

Jerry, me, Phil, and my two buddies

See the "STD" in the upper right corner of the dyno chart? An STD dyno run at 60 to 65 degrees generates a NEGATIVE correction factor. And, STD is optimistic compared to the SAE correction that reputable shops use. At 60 degrees, the SAE number corrects to at BEST a full 2% lower than STD, and the STD correction by itself can hit about 5% when the barometric pressure at that temperature is also high. The STD and SAE correction instructions also clearly state that any correction factors at 5% or higher are totally unreliable and should be discarded.

You don't have a unicorn. Like so many other claims in this thread, you simply have an optimistic dyno run taken at ideal conditions that we seldom encounter, and corrected to the more op[timistic standard. Correct for all of the above and your results look more "normal".

Of course you don't want to argue about your posting. You want the glory without the proper evidence to back the claim of a breakthrough result. That won't fly on a forum.

Jim G

Last edited by JimGnitecki; 06-29-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 06-29-2017, 07:28 PM

E63S AMG
See the "STD" in the upper right corner of the dyno chart? An STD dyno run at 60 to 65 degrees generates a NEGATIVE correction factor. And, STD is optimistic compared to the SAE correction that reputable shops use. At 60 degrees, the SAE number corrects to a full 2% lower than STD.

You don't have a unicorn. Like so many other claims in this thread, you simply have an optimistic dyno run taken at ideal conditions that we seldom encounter, and corrected to the more op[timistic standard. Correct for all of the above and your results look more "normal".

Of course you don't want to argue about your posting. You want the glory without the proper evidence to back the claim of a breakthrough result. That won't fly on a forum.

Jim G
Thanks for chiming in Jim. As always, your opinion is welcome and respected on here
Old 06-29-2017, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok. So does that mean Kriston's car had the "old" beta file, and you had the new one that seems to be dynoing higher? I forgot about your car. Im genuinely confused, the results are just all over the place. If they're testing the beta with you guys as guinea pigs though, those are the results you'd expect. Interesting.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by kjkidd21
Thanks for chiming in Jim. As always, your opinion is welcome and respected on here
So. many. layers.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Hey Dave, don't criticize peop[le who PROPERLY pointed out that this tune rollout HAS been crappy. Really crappy. Big bragging claims, repeated promises of complete and reliable data sets never actually delivered, etc. It's been a total mess.

Jim G

It is not a "tune rollout" as no official tune has been announced, no pricing has been set and nothing has been sold. There is no release date.

Jim G = Troll.

Thanks

Dave
Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 PM

E63S AMG
Ok. So does that mean Kriston's car had the "old" beta file, and you had the new one that seems to be dynoing higher? I forgot about your car. Im genuinely confused, the results are just all over the place. If they're testing the beta with you guys as guinea pigs though, those are the results you'd expect. Interesting.
Honestly man, I don't even understand all the tuning stuff as much as most of you guys here. The terms that you all use when you talk about these tunes & dynos & etc etc etc, its all Russian to me. I was just posting up my results with as much info as I can offer. Do I actually have a 475whp car? I don't know - maybe? But all I can say is that I am very happy with my car right now. I feel like it runs better than ever, it is reliable and the guys that I run with are always SHOCKED at how hard it pulls.

Hopefully my info can help in some way for all you guys trying to figure this stuff out.

Oh, and for the record, JimG is still the most annoying and least credible individual on this forum, so... yeah

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 500WHP C63 Edition 507 DYNO'ed