Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resonator delete vs secondary cat delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 11:43 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Another vote for 2nd cat delete with a straight pipe. Same AMG sound and tone but turned up!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:52 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Ok I will throw my hat into the ring I have resonator delete and this weekend I did a little sprint around the neighborhood..

Old 06-20-2017, 12:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
12' C63 AMG
Just wondering why everyone decided to go with a straight pipe instead of x-pipe? Doesnt X-pipe yield more power?
Old 06-20-2017, 02:26 AM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Huskymush
Just wondering why everyone decided to go with a straight pipe instead of x-pipe? Doesnt X-pipe yield more power?
Yes you do lose a little power from straights, hardly noticeable though. I remember reading on the forums the xpipe has a different sound and straights were more favorable. Ive heard straights in person and ended up going with those. Hope it helps.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
12' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AhhMyyGawd
Yes you do lose a little power from straights, hardly noticeable though. I remember reading on the forums the xpipe has a different sound and straights were more favorable. Ive heard straights in person and ended up going with those. Hope it helps.

Do you feel any power loss? supposedly the X and H pipe help to even out the banks.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:19 AM

2015 C63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Huskymush
Do you feel any power loss? supposedly the X and H pipe help to even out the banks.
If there was, its very minimal. I was unable to feel any difference. Couple days later I had the Eurocharged stage 1 tune on and i definitely felt a difference.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 940 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AhhMyyGawd
Is this comment for sec cat delete? If so, how do you loose power removing restricted straight pipes (sec cats) with unrestricted pipes?

Or are you saying x-pipe over straight nets more power in place of the sec cats?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM

2015 C63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Is this comment for sec cat delete? If so, how do you loose power removing restricted straight pipes (sec cats) with unrestricted pipes?

Or are you saying x-pipe over straight nets more power in place of the sec cats?
i'm speaking of straights in place of resonator, hoping that guy is also speaking about resonator. Straights in sec cats would boost a little bit of power if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,677 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I'm sorry, but you guys are dreaming if you think you're noticing any difference of 2 or 3 or even 5hp difference switching between h-pipe, x-pipe and straight pipes. Never mind that those variances probably are not even an absolute terms, but rather at points on or shifts of the curve.

Seriously, that's ~1% of the total output. You guys are imagining things. Just do whatever sounds best, because the power and torque differences are negligible. Anything you're "noticing" is more likely a result of really good drugs. Or atmospheric differences. Pick one. It ain't the type of pipe on your car.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 06-20-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I'm sorry, but you guys are dreaming if you think you're noticing any difference of 2 or 3 or even 5hp difference switching between h-pipe, x-pipe and straight pipes. Never mind that those variances probably are not even an absolute terms, but rather at points on or shifts of the curve.

Seriously, that's ~1% of the total output. You guys are imagining things. Just do whatever sounds best, because the power and torque differences are negligible. Anything you're "noticing" is more likely a result of really good drugs. Or atmospheric differences. Pick one. It ain't the type of pipe on your car.
I hear ya, and I agree, since thats what I also say about ROW in most setups.
BUT. I would swear that I have a little flat spot in my torque curve since I did 2nd cat delete and replaced with straight pipe. Just a little.....flat spot...and gone. But I have no numbers to support that, it's just a feeling, and that feeling could be caused/affected by the sound, and yet......

Well, I suppose THAT'S what a dyno would prove, isn't it?
Off to Temecula!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 547 Likes on 483 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Honestly I think straight piping the resonator makes it sound worse. X-pipe keeps it more refined. Straight piping the cats is definitely the way to go, and joined with x-pipe should work well.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:11 PM

Received 120 Likes on 81 Posts
2014 C63 Coupe

The butt dyno is real
Old 06-21-2017, 04:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
Well there are 100s of posts on this in great detail with videos and all but I won't be that be that guy that says it. And since I know because I took the time to read them all. Wait... Never mind. But secondary is where you want to go if you want to keep the AMG sound. Which I got done right with 409 SS. Sound is amazing. How it should of been stock. Resonator delete you will get more Rasp (race car) sound. I like both sound differences even with both deleted. But just not for me. I like the AMG growl with just Secondary. Idk if this video link will work but I took a couple videos of mine and posted them on Facebook. If it works great if not oh well. I tried.... But secondary is where its at IMO. No HP gain that I can feel. Minus the sound makes u feel it's faster then it was.

Facebook Post
Old 06-21-2017, 04:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2012 C63 AMG (Sold)

Lol! 😂